FM 2008 Soundpack Now Available

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by furney89:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SSGTroyer:

My ME has always stuttered when my HD was writing/reading out it's cache. It hasn't changed with this.

it doesnt make my game stutter in anyway,

it depends on your pc, i have a 3ghz proccsor, with 1gb ram, and i have no problems whatso ever

if anybody has any chants they wish to submit or have found some on the net, get in touch, and il add them in </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Furney - this is top, top work. I don't know if this is going to help at all (I suspect not), but I have the Champions League music AND the Barclays Premier League music (you only hear it at live games I think - certainly that's the only time I've heard it at West Ham).

I suspect you can't do anything with those sound files, but they are there if you want.

Originally posted by GillsMan_Returns:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by furney89:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SSGTroyer:

My ME has always stuttered when my HD was writing/reading out it's cache. It hasn't changed with this.

it doesnt make my game stutter in anyway,

it depends on your pc, i have a 3ghz proccsor, with 1gb ram, and i have no problems whatso ever

if anybody has any chants they wish to submit or have found some on the net, get in touch, and il add them in </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Furney - this is top, top work. I don't know if this is going to help at all (I suspect not), but I have the Champions League music AND the Barclays Premier League music (you only hear it at live games I think - certainly that's the only time I've heard it at West Ham).

I suspect you can't do anything with those sound files, but they are there if you want. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hey. gillsman, a person in the FM community who was very much involved with FM/CM when i first got into the whole internet scene of it, loved your skins and facepacks etc, where did u go?! suppose you had something called a life hehe icon_smile.gif

anyway

id love to add that music in, however, its just not possbile

the match engine (and sound) is started as soon as you click the "start match" button, so for the champions league music, or premiership music to blear out at kick off would seem a tad unrealistic

however i did consider have the end snippet of either,to fade out at kickoff (when you clicked "start match") just a little bit, to make it seem more realistic you were at a premiership match, however even thats impossible, as theres no way to distiguish the difference between a premier league match, la liga, a cup game or world cup etc etc so the same snippet would play at every single game

it sucks

Originally posted by rooneymagic88:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by East End Dan_BristolCity:

Expect some new developments on this in the next few days icon_wink.gif

Like what please? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry for the late reply, I can now announce that my addition to the soundpack is the addition of my 'Championship Megapack' which contains chants for each of the 24 clubs in this seasons Coca Cola Championship.

Originally posted by dirtyscarab:

Hey Furney...

First up, this is a great soundpack and it really adds depth and atmosphere.

However, I've noticed that certain sounds get stuck in a loop very frequently, and the only way to cure this is to exit out of the match screen and then go back into the match.

Anyone else noticed this? Is there a cure?

Anyhow, despite the odd bug or two, it's still better than the linear sounds SI provide...

Yeah i have noticed that it keeps playing the same chant over and over again!

Usually when it happens the other team always scores against me icon_frown.gif

Any solutions over than keep having to exit the match scree gets anoyying after a while.

Followed the instructions given above and all working fine. I renamed the original two files 1&2 as directed and selected all in play sounds.

my question is, now that I have two sets of sound folders in my data folder and the "All"option ticked in preferences am I getting both sound packs together ie FM original sounds plus Furney 89's one or just the new one and should I move the original sound folders from the Data folder to where?.

Ive added fair lot of extra chants to mine.

I just go to youtube and type teams names or chants like top of league.

Then record them on my phone, convert them to wave sound and then find the team or player unique id, then rename the file and sorted icon_biggrin.gif

If im top of the league which is very rare, i have a top of the league chant which i rename to my teams id when im top of league so they sing it now and again during games, pretty cool i must admit.

Yeah you do i just copied of how the person who created it has done it.

Say if i make a sound for Burnley i record the sound convert it to wave file, then name the file FM_tm_622 place it in the sounds folder.

Then go to Match events folder open match sounds with notepad and scroll down to the bottom where the sound team chants are.

Then i just copy one of the lines that have already been done.Then paste it and change the team id to 622. I.e

SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_622", 0, 1, 2, 0

Same for player just copy one of the lines already done and change the player id and create a sound and name it FM_pl_HERE GOES THE PLAYER ID.

Hope that helps.

Thank you very much, first time that I have added a soundpack to the game I like it, very much so. The tannoy announcements are a nice and the crowd chants.

One slight problem as it is now even more authentic than before the game will become even more addictive than ever before sucking me in further in the virtual football manager world.

+ More than ample kudos to you icon14.gif

Originally posted by mart07:

PLEASE HELP !!!

i really just cant seem to get these to work icon_frown.gif

ive extracted the file to my data folder followed the guide and it still doesnt work icon_frown.gif

Please please please can sombody help

verry much appreciated icon_smile.gif

cheers icon14.gif

Hmmm not sure what the problem that you're experiencing is are you able to expand.

Does it play any sound at all?

Some others state the sound gets stuck in a loop, does yours? [Not happend with me so far, don't think it will either seems fine)

Do you still have the "Original Sound Files", go back to them and try and see.

To be honest all I did was follow the instructions, unzip with winrar, copy to the game folders data folder ( ** rename originals just in case **) , in the game prefense checked the sound boxes and made sure 'all' was selected to; odd that it fails with you :/

Originally posted by gunnerfan:

Will this work with WSM2008?

I'm using it with my digital d'load of WWSM. I do get the occasional "stuck in a loop" problem others have mentioned but other than that I've had no trouble.

Originally posted by Sweed:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gunnerfan:

Will this work with WSM2008?

I'm using it with my digital d'load of WWSM. I do get the occasional "stuck in a loop" problem others have mentioned but other than that I've had no trouble. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not using the digital download, mine's off the CD. Anyone know of any issues with that?

i'm really upset with this patch as it sounds like great addition to game, but it doesn't seem to work for me.

i mean, i can hardly see the difference and there are no team chants supposed to be in the game.

i can tell that patch is installed only because of the stadium announcer's voice when additional time is indicated by the referee at the half or full time.

The Championship Megapack will be done soon, im very very busy, so fingers crossed soon

i appreciate your excited to see your work icon_smile.gif but hold on a little more pal

Blayhod: it shouldnt sound like the originals, have u got ur settings in preferences set to "all" etc

Originally posted by furney89:

The Championship Megapack will be done soon, im very very busy, so fingers crossed soon

i appreciate your excited to see your work icon_smile.gif but hold on a little more pal

Blayhod: it shouldnt sound like the originals, have u got ur settings in preferences set to "all" etc

yes i do, but still when i face chelsea i can't hear a song, neither when rooney scored a hattrick against me at old trafford icon_frown.gif

Guest banji319

i must say hope it works better and there is more players and they work because just now no player chantss work, the whole 10 of them ,teams not too sure if they work too, too much sound going on during maatches to really hear the chants maybe u could dull it down no need for all the crowd noise.

its half term next week, so i should have spare time then an hopefully will have a new pack for you

i understand a few of you are currently expierecing issues with player and team chants

for the next release i will look at that and sort it out

its all about time for which i wish i had more of icon_frown.gif

Dans put alot of work into collecting the bristol city and championship chants, of which ive listened to and will be going into the game,so i thankyou and im sorry i havent released a new pack yet, and ive also recieved a pack off a russian guy so thats

il be honest, with the 8.0.2 patch due soon, im abit edgy releasing a pack before then, as it can cause complications

they have in history released it on valentines day as a present to the forums, so i hope they do it then again

Originally posted by dirtyscarab:

... I've noticed that certain sounds get stuck in a loop very frequently, and the only way to cure this is to exit out of the match screen and then go back into the match.

Anyone else noticed this? Is there a cure?

Firstly Id like to thank Furney for the great soundpack. Nice work.

Unfortunately Im having the same issue as the above quote. It seems to be the background chanting noise thats effected. The noise in the foreground still seems to work properly even when this happens.

Need some help please furney.Ive just gone to extract your soundpack to my data files,and for some strange reason the data file is missing in the drop down.Do i need to create a new one or is it something i am doing wrong.Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

hello guys

firsty sorry for the delay in really anything happening, i appreciate all your intrest,especially Dans as hes eagerly wanting his working included, which it will be very soon

ive currently been in l.a recently, but now im back home in england, back with my PC etc etc blah blah blah, so work will continue,

iam however, like all of us, have a life doing traditional human things such as work and jobs etc and im very busy guy at the moment

the issues your having etc should be no more as im planning on a re-write of the entire code again, which has been jumbled and addedd to each more recent release(s)

however this wont take as long as it sounds, but it will ensure it works well throughout, and should stop those random problems

i like releasing packs after patches because sometimes i think the patch can overwrite files ive edited to create the soundpack, so if i release it after, most people will of downloaded the patch, and my work the week later will overwrite the key files i use to avoid complications

anyway, hold tight i should have news later on in the week maybe

theres no time frame as ever, but u should know im on it

thanks for your patience

Originally posted by Justme87:

Good sounds.

However, this soundpack slows down the game. There is a long pause after every corner, free-kick etc.

i really have never heard anyone mention that problem before

the sound hasnt for me, ever slowed the game down at all, and im running on a single core proccesor and a ok amount of RAM

you must really have a very very slow computer as it shouldnt have any performance problems whatsoever

its a shame you have deleted it, but thanks for the feedback, but i must say im very very suprised as ive never come across in the 4years such a problem

Schotsmannetje yes it is savegame compatible and works with all patches etc etc

Archived