FM 2008 Soundpack Now Available

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by dabest:

can't wait for this mate! Will there be any new chants?

yeah there will be a whole new addition with personalised championship chants made by East End Dan_BristolCity,who has been patiently waiting for his chants to be included since christmas

however ive got some other issues im wanting to fix with not much luck so far

Good to hear Furney. I am hoping some Scottish Chants are coming though i have been trying to find some with no luck so far mate. I fear i am looking in all the wrong places though.

Looking for Celtic

Rangers

Hearts

Hibs

Motherwell

All SPL (If Possible) Though it may be hard to get all.

There must be a good number of people monitoring this thread for developments lol. I'd never played FM with a soundpack before installing Furney's first version for 08, the difference is amazing. I wonder why SI don't improve the sound themselves? The one that comes with the game is awful.

Furney's work to the Football Manager community since FM2005 has been nothing short of brilliant, his soundpacks are for sure the best you can get and make a hell of a lot of difference to the game and in my opinion really add to the atmosphere, while playing it makes me feel like I am actually at a game with all the player and team chants on there.

This upcoming soundpack will be a must even for those who haven't used them before. Your not the only one looking regularly for developments i'm on here daily checking icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by andoz2000:

Sorry but im a little new to this:

But ive already got Winrar and ive downloaded my ticket for the soundpack, do I now want to save it or open it??

I really want to be able to do this!

thanks.

Hey andoz2000[\b], just decompress the file you've downloaded and then Simply place the "sounds" & "match events" folder in the data folder inside the directory you have the game installed.

Just make a backup of the original file, just in case something "bad" happends icon_wink.gif

any doubt just read the reame file that is inside the file you've downloaded.

Originally posted by louisrroque:

dabest -

not really much for derby to chant about! : )

Lol you say that but we've outsang nearly every team this year. Even at old trafford where we got hammered we were the fans being heard!

• 2 weeks later...

I have created soundpacks for scotland and england that are add-ons. These are available at fmglive.com/forums. I have created lots of chants including the whole of scotland and england is still needing league one and two completed. The Leagues done are:

Scotland SPL, Div 1, Div 2, Div 3.

England EPL, Championship

Serbia

Greece

I am also in the process of releasing soundpacks for Scotland with non-specific scottish chants instead of english chants.

England non-specific chants soundpack that will be ideal for people playing as english teams.

I have added over 100 team chants including replacing the ones furney made. I am updating the whole thing so if you want the ones that have been done goto:

www.fmglive.com/forums. Leave feedback tho.

Originally posted by Barkermush:

Sounds good icon14.gif I have had a quick look on the link you gave but can't see it anywhere.

Which part of the forum is it in ?

Nevermind ^ ^ ^ I registered and did a search. Downloaded then English Prem and Championship Add Ons.

I have listen to the chants and they are great thanks icon_smile.gif

I can't wait for your non specific sound packs, they make the game so much more realistic and enjoyable. Keep up the good work icon_wink.gif

Your welcome mate.

The whole idea came into mind when i was like everyone else...waiting on one guy to release soundpacks and wondering if he would ever update his pack. He never did and i got impatient and done an add-on pack.

Then the idea for 2 different non-specific chant soundpacks for scotland and england so you dont have to put up with english chants in scottish games came into mind.

In my full packs that will be released sometime this week it will include alot more secret features. Its upto the players to notice them.

I have gave furney credit in the addon packs but once my own soundpacks are created they will of course be my own work.

Furney never had any competition really but now he has i suppose icon_wink.gif.

Enjoy.

Originally posted by n0va:

I have created soundpacks for scotland and england that are add-ons. These are available at fmglive.com/forums. I have created lots of chants including the whole of scotland and england is still needing league one and two completed. The Leagues done are:

Scotland SPL, Div 1, Div 2, Div 3.

England EPL, Championship

Serbia

Greece

I am also in the process of releasing soundpacks for Scotland with non-specific scottish chants instead of english chants.

England non-specific chants soundpack that will be ideal for people playing as english teams.

I have added over 100 team chants including replacing the ones furney made. I am updating the whole thing so if you want the ones that have been done goto:

www.fmglive.com/forums. Leave feedback tho.

n0va,

Sounds interesting. Thanks. But I have a problem. I registered at fmglive last night, and still have not received the confirmation email in over 12 hours.

Just now, I went back to fmglive, and tried to register again, but I was told my IP address already had an account! So I thought maybe I don't need a confirmation email to arrive and I can just log-in now.

And I did, but I can't view some forums or posts or use certain functions, including your Soundpack extension project thread.

So how else can I download the file please?

Cheers,

TG.

Originally posted by The Gaffovski:

And I did, but I can't view some forums or posts or use certain functions, including your Soundpack extension project thread.

Just to clarify - I found, and can see the thread, but when I click on the link, it says I don't have permission. Same with other threads.

I dont know. I am not an admin, just part of the crew.

Try contacting an admin via pm or email. icon_smile.gif

The team chants soundpacks have got the loop as they are addons to furneys pack but once i have released my own soundpack hopefully i can get rid of it.

Its an easy fix anyway, just goto the news menu or come out of the match and then go back into it and it will go back to normal.

I hope you get it sorted out as i am not posting the links for these packs on any other websites except FMGLive.

Its been a long time since ive really said much on my soundpack, however its finnaly great n0va has decided to add to the pack with the add-ons, i havent had a chance to play FM, let alone listen to his work, but im sure its all good

Its not easy work, and not enjoyable if you got the stage i did, of thousands of lines of code editing and alterations,mixing and listening to general chants 100s times,to see which event it suits the best

n0va wont be using any of my chants for my pack for the general sounds,or the config file, mainly because its his own work, and mine has had 4 years of the making, and ive spent alot of hard work out there for someone to just add a few new chants in there for teams,which is the easiet bit

Dan has sent me some championship chants, and i also had a random russia premier league pack sent, but honestly, ive been so busy travelling, and working ive not had time to sit down and do it

i did a couple of weeks ago try to fix a few problems, but it really isnt easy

now n0va is creating his own pack, it gives people choice, and something new and fresh

maybe me and n0va could work together and write a total new pack, since ive got 400 general chants, from 5 differnt FM/CMs and try to start from scratch and build a ultimate pack without annoying bugs

i think half the problem was mine had been added to so many times, with so many lines,and events added, ive made mistakes, and it might be time to start afresh

its a idea

Originally posted by 'Appy 'Ammer:

I have exactly same problem as you Gaffoski. Seems they don't want my custom!

You should be sorted. You have to check your email and junk mail folder you registered in as you must validate your account. But i have sorted all out now so should work. icon14.gif

Archived