Talented Unkowns

polskaGOLA

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AND finally... and for my 5000th post (WOOOOOP) here's Omar Pouso. He's been a favourite of mine for a few years now , he's usually listed for 60k at most at the start of the game and even though he's 29 , he can command the middle of the park superbly... get him in

w8kilk.jpg

Thanks welshace. You've got a real talent for unearthing talented unknowns. I'm just about to start a new season in the EPL with my newly promoted Nottingham Forest team, and I need some defensive players, so those additions to the thread are ideal for me! I like all three.

Congratulations on your 5000th post too!

Thanks

Nice welshace, you've pulled a couple of rabbits out of the hat there, hadn't heard of any of those.

Here's a decent player right at the start of the game for a cheap price (pesky work-permit will probably prevent you from bringing him to England though).

hernandez.jpg

Bit of a poor man's Makelele here, this fella's transfer listed at the start so he's available for 600k or so. Pace isn't great but not a bad little player for that price - some nice mental stats and can tackle. He's got a handful of caps so, who knows, you might get lucky with the permit.

aziz.jpg

Time for me to contribute:

hwmrkk.png

He is very fast, and he has good stats, the ones he is lacking in can be easily improved. (Determination, Positioning, Decisions plus his Physicals)

He is only 20 so he has time and room to develop (and he has the PA to do so), he is not that expansive, can play anywhere in the back 4, and he will become a great backup to a decent team. :)

Here's a decent little player that is unattached at the start of the game. If you manage to get hold of him it might be an idea to re-train him as an MC due to his passing, touch, technique & decisions (he's a decent dribbler and fairly quick too) albeit you will need a solid DMC to support him - certainly has his flaws but decent enough for a free transfer anyway.

If you're managing an English club it might be best to ignore my posts on this thread as this guy won't be allowed into the country either :(

iddrisu.jpg

Oh he looks awesome for a League 1 team aswell :( Damn work permit issues. That is annoying!

Shame this guy couldn't find a creative pass if the player was 4ft infront of him :D!

Yeah, he's an odd wee player him. Strange combination of stats for a striker, if only his creativity was better he'd be a nice advanced playmaker. His pace, dribbling and anticipation mean he could still probably tear it up as a striker at a low level.

Here's another unattached player at the beginning - bit of a no frills CB, should be pretty dominant in the air. I've seen PSG sign this guy from the off and his value is immediately over £1m.

dezinho.jpg

Christ. You could build a great side for free if there's many more of these free transfers :eek:

Dezinho looks immense, as does Iddrisu (who I think would make a good deep lying forward btw).

Dezinho is at Frankfurt in my Lyon game and his key stats have all improved by a point, obviously with some decent training. I have a bunch more unattached players, mostly Brazilians, that I could post in the next few days. Strictly speaking they should probably be in the freebie thread but if no-one objects I'll maybe just post them in here.

Ohhhh welsh, that is a brilliant find :D!

Do you have to load any other players at beginning or is he just in the usual mix of freebies.

Funny really,

Anyway, while I am posting uknown talent, Jan Mucha, goalkeeper of Legia Warsaw is absolutely fantastic!

I bet you after the world cup when he plays for Slovakia, his price tag will rise to over 5M =\

He has already signed for Everton so doesnt matter about his price tag lol

Who are you managing CPS?

I might start a game with a team (God knows who, probably somewhere in Holland) and try to sign as many of these players as I can.

Paddy Madden of Bohemians in Ireland.

He has already signed for Everton so doesnt matter about his price tag lol

It will be a pretty damn good example of how the underrate players from the Ekstraklasa though.

I bet you in Patch 2 of FM11, his PA will increase to the early 160's and his CA will be in the 140's, when it probably should be that way now.

TBF, he had mentioned him in the All-Nighter a couple of days back ;)

:D Ha, never heard of him.. I thank football master for posting a screenshot actually, was hoping he would be like Eto'o, :p but his pace has let me down!

Outside of PA lists pulled out of the editor this guy is pretty much completely unknown. He can play almost anywhere in midfield and even as left wingback.

prib.jpg

Looking at his starting stats he'll probably do best as a deep lying playmaker or something along those lines. Tutoring and heavy Tactics training will be required to have him reach his potential.

The caveat is his somewhat inexplicable pricetag. At the start of the game this guy has zero matches in pro football, no youth cap and no hype at all. The screenshot is taken from 10.3, so maybe he was somewhat updated. After nine matches in 2nd Bundesliga 1.2 million Euros still seem a bit steep.. :o

Who are you managing CPS?

I might start a game with a team (God knows who, probably somewhere in Holland) and try to sign as many of these players as I can.

Paddy Madden of Bohemians in Ireland.

Started a Lyon save mainly due to the thread the lads have going there, but always like to check the free transfers other clubs bring in for future reference.

I'll see if I can get these screenies sorted out for the rest of the unattached Brazilian players I've come across. Btw, just signed a teenage Uruguayan striker for Lyon called Luis Machado for 300k who could be worth a thread on his own if he develops the way I think he might - 2 goals on his debut as a 60th min sub.

welshace - Cocito is fantastic, great find. Bit of a dirty b****** perhaps? :)

Kiko Femenia :D spanish RB/RWB/RM/AMR

Extremely pacey and is transfer listed at the beginning of the game for 220k

Runs down the wing with the ball like a mad man and rarely gets tackled

Also only 18 so alot of time to improve

Came to Blackpool, dont know if he will go lower

Dont know if he is unknown, but thought id share him with you :)

blurps - Hoffenheim signed Prib right of the start of my game for £4.1m which suggests to me that he could become very, very good. I'm only halfway into my 1st season and he's already showing big signs of improvement from your screenie.

Kiko Femenia :D spanish RB/RWB/RM/AMR

Extremely pacey and is transfer listed at the beginning of the game for 220k

Runs down the wing with the ball like a mad man and rarely gets tackled

Also only 18 so alot of time to improve

Came to Blackpool, dont know if he will go lower

Dont know if he is unknown, but thought id share him with you :)

Got him at LEvski. He is awesome :D

guys.. im pretty sure we're going wayyy of reservation here on polska's unknown thread...

these youngsters are of course brilliant... but they are totally known... and in every top -9 and -10 lists around..

its kinda the point to post completely obscure finds.

not taking anything away from these youngsters of course..

Right, here goes with a bunch of players (sorry to avid followers of Brazilian football who probably know most of these).

Felyp Promising little freebie that can play all across the back 4. Picked up by Werder Bremen in my current game.

Kabous Bruising centre midfielder - unattached at the start in 10.3.

Leandro Domingues Tidy attacking midfielder, valued at £2.1m in Jan 2010 in my game after being picked up by Nantes - unattached at the start.

Marcinho LB with pace, think he's unattached at the start.

Marco Aurelio Big lad - great physical stats, Arsene Wenger would hate him. Unattached.

Alexandre Very experienced DMC - went to Auxerre in my game. Valued close to the £1m mark. Good tutor into the bargain.

Addy Lee Promising looking Ghanian LB. Speed! Screenie is from 6 months in. Starts off at Chelsea (Gha). Available for around 70k.

Bosco Another Brazilian FB. Decent enough across the board. Cheap as chips.

Yambuke Ceesay Another freebie. Young Gambian DMC. Went to St Etienne on my game and is valued at £1.5m. Think his stats might be random though.

Dude Yet another unattached Brazilian DMC. Bit of a veteran but his physicals should hold up for a year. Good captain/tutor material + he has the coolest name in the game.

Fellype Gabriel Really gifted attacker that should tear it up on the wing with his speed, dribbling and agility - still pretty young too. Unattached at the start.

Dickson Nwakaeme Unattached Nigerian forward. Finishing 15, composure 15, strength 17, off the ball 13, anticipation 12, dribbling 15 - you know it makes sense.

Piauí For a freebie this boy is a pretty good FB.

Alejandro Sequeira Ok this fella is old, but still - finishing 16, composure 15, off the ball 15, value 5k, wages £170 per week. Take this lad outta Costa Rica and buy him a beer at least...

CPS :mad:

You get all my hopes up with all these amazing finds (Kudos btw!:thup:) and then you break this news to me;

I hate the fact you can't sign any of them for English clubs.

You have crushed me :(

What are the rules for signing players in England?

Don't quote me on this but I think a player needs to have played 75% of his national team's games in the two years prior to the transfer + the player's nation has to be in the top 100 in the world rankings. Seem to remember Liverpool's signing of Mark Gonzalez being held up as Chile's FIFA ranking wasn't high enough. Someone will correct me on that no doubt.

CPS :mad:

You get all my hopes up with all these amazing finds (Kudos btw!:thup:) and then you break this news to me;

You have crushed me :(

Sorry Ty, branch out and start a game in the Netherlands or France mate :thup:

Don't quote me on this but I think a player needs to have played 75% of his national team's games in the two years prior to the transfer + the player's nation has to be in the top 100 in the world rankings. Seem to remember Liverpool's signing of Mark Gonzalez being held up as Chile's FIFA ranking wasn't high enough. Someone will correct me on that no doubt.

That's pretty much it except it's the top 70 I think, unless it's changed. That's why Mariga couldn't join Man City in Jan, Kenya aren't ranked high enough, it's a pretty annoying rule tbh. There are exceptions of course, like if a player has been injured etc. Also, a team like Brazil may be hard for a player to break into so he may not meet the criteria but may be deemed skilled enough, it's all a bit hit and miss when trying to describe it.

Anyway....

I always spy on this thread, Arzanhov is my favourite bargain player from here I think. I usually do lots of this myself but just haven't had the motivation this year so I'm stealing tips :D

Ah yes the damning Arzhanov, whom I signed without looking at the bottom left corner at my AssMan's info only to find out that he couldn't play for me as he already played for two clubs this season. :mad:

I fixed it with FMRTE but the aftereffect was that I got hooked on FMRTE and ruined a save. :(

Anyway, Johnnier Montano has been playing better than Arzhanov has for me at Paris FC. (He is another Talented Unknown ;) from Colombia playing at Allianza Lima. Amazing player for 2nd tier or Mid-lower table first tier for the top 4 leagues. :) Has scored alot of goals from long range too. On Paris FC he has scored 3 regular goals, 5 penalties and 9 long shots to make him my second highest topscorer after Cadikovski)

Archived