Kenco's Ambitious World League Project FM10

Kenco

Kenco - Your coming along very well with what you are creating. I agree with you on not changing the nations of the clubs to that of the superleague.

I ran an experiment with a 20 team, good mix from all over the world type clubs and the only changes I made when doing the comparison was to change the nationality.

When teams had no editing of their nation the transfers around the world were like of real life today.

When teams had their nation changed to the superleagues nation the transfers were not realistic at all. I would imagine after a few seasons the teams would have a massive mix of nationality players. FC Kobenhaven for example were buying not scandanavians and instead bought players from Australia and eastern europe.

I looked at the fixtures again, take a look at the MLS teams in your league. Their fixture list is crazy. Half the games have no results to show yet they must have been played as the are on the same amount of games as the other teams in the superleague.

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once I've finished everything else I am thinking of changing the nationalities just for a test run, as previous experiences of World Leagues meant unrealistic transfers and manager changes. In FM09 I had a Spanish Empire League running in the Swedish League so all clubs were changed to Swedish. This meant they mostly signed Scandinavian players and appointed unknown Swedish managers.

I think I will set some homegrown limits in my league, as I want to retain some kind of national pride.

Kenco - Your coming along very well with what you are creating. I agree with you on not changing the nations of the clubs to that of the superleague.

I ran an experiment with a 20 team, good mix from all over the world type clubs and the only changes I made when doing the comparison was to change the nationality.

When teams had no editing of their nation the transfers around the world were like of real life today.

When teams had their nation changed to the superleagues nation the transfers were not realistic at all. I would imagine after a few seasons the teams would have a massive mix of nationality players. FC Kobenhaven for example were buying not scandanavians and instead bought players from Australia and eastern europe.

I looked at the fixtures again, take a look at the MLS teams in your league. Their fixture list is crazy. Half the games have no results to show yet they must have been played as the are on the same amount of games as the other teams in the superleague.

Apart from the fixtures being split into 2 seasons rather than one, and a few friendlies being played in late Feb/early March, there isn't anything else going on in my game. They are all played on the same day as other games in their division.

Looking forward to this Kenco, can't wait til it's done and see it all working together :)

Quick question, how will the current Cups such as the major continental cups work? Such as the Champions Leagues or Europa Leagues? Will they be removed from the game to make way for the World Club Cups you designed?

Looking forward to this Kenco, can't wait til it's done and see it all working together :)

Quick question, how will the current Cups such as the major continental cups work? Such as the Champions Leagues or Europa Leagues? Will they be removed from the game to make way for the World Club Cups you designed?

They won't exist, since the World League is set in Malaysia and no other leagues are playable since most of their teams have left.

Looking forward to this mate, a quick question:

Have you created any domestic cups?

At the moment I have 6 cups, as follows:

World League Cup = top 3 divisions, with a group stage then two-legged knockouts until a one-off match for the final (similar to current ECC).

Intercontinental Cup = knockout for Tiers 4,5 and 6.

European Cup = European Tiers 4 to 8

American Cup = American Tiers 4 to 8

OceAfrAsia Cup = Other Tiers 4 to 8

World FA Cup = straight knockout cup for all 858 clubs in the structure.

But no domestic cups because the only way to do this (I think) is to pick specific teams, which would take a lot of time. And I think the cups above are more than enough, as every team enters either 2 or 3 cups per season.

CPZ - Zagreb are in Tier 8 and Hajduk in Tier 7.

StewartJRobertson - I'm not disrespecting Scottish teams, merely placing them by their reputation in the game. My test runs so far suggest their placing is right, as none of them have reached the higher leagues. The highest I have seen was Rangers getting into Tier 3 for one season, and went straight back down.

This lost all credibility when I seen Pat's in it and no Shamrock Rovers.

I would love to see the logic behind that.

St Pat's Athletic reputation 4950

Shamrock Rovers reputation 4250

Is that good enough logic for you?

Shamrock Rovers are in Tier 7, which I haven't posted yet.

Thanks for your support :rolleyes:.

After 8 days of editing/testing I finally tried to manage a team in this database, and had a strange message when trying to sing foreign players. "Liverpool cannot sign non-english players before July 2006".

Must be a bug of some kind which I seem to have fixed, but not sure where this came from. Anyone else seen anything like this?

Ambitious to say the least! I'll definitely be following the progress of this. Important thing dude is to not take people's moans and groans about what teams should be where and pestering about when it's out by. Take your time. Most important is the core structure and it being bug free. Hope everything works out!

Ambitious to say the least! I'll definitely be following the progress of this. Important thing dude is to not take people's moans and groans about what teams should be where and pestering about when it's out by. Take your time. Most important is the core structure and it being bug free. Hope everything works out!

Thanks.

I agree the structure is the most important, as when it's available for download people can change teams and add rules themselves.

Still need advice un uploading these screenshots if anyone can help.

How to Post a Screenshot

• While in FM, press the 'Prt Sc' button (usually next to F12 on your keyboard).
  • Open an image editing program such as Paint and paste the image
  • Save the file as a JPEG
  • Upload the image to an image hosting website such as Photobucket
  • Post the direct Url to the image here.

:)

If you want to edit the title of the link click the litle globe icon and paste in the direct link and the result will be like this

How to Post a Screenshot

• While in FM, press the 'Prt Sc' button (usually next to F12 on your keyboard).
  • Open an image editing program such as Paint and paste the image
  • Save the file as a JPEG
  • Upload the image to an image hosting website such as Photobucket
  • Post the direct Url to the image here.

:)

If you want to edit the title of the link click the litle globe icon and paste in the direct link and the result will be like this

Thanks for this, but can't seem ti edit the title of the link, so I posted the image directly.

I am adding all the links into post 2, but would still like to rename them, if I can work out how.

World Super League 3's playoff structure is epic! :D

I was just experimenting at first, but decided to leave it in for now as it is exciting. Basically the top 2 teams go up autmatically, then the next 5 go into a league system play-off, with the winner getting promoted. At the other end, 4 teams go down automatically, then the next 5 play a similar play-off league with the bottom 2 going down.

The reason for this is to get around the following play-off problems:

1. Cannot play 2 legs

2. Cannot set neutral venue for 1 leg games

3. No team seeding based on league position

All these issues mean that teams can get an unfair advantage no matter what their final league position is, so my play-off system with 5 teams means that everyone gets 2 home and 2 away matches.

Play-off system for League 6 promotion works like this:

2 auto relegations from each division in League 5 = 6 teams.

1 auto promotion from each division in League 6 = 5 teams.

5 teams in 2nd place go into league style play-off, with winners gaining final promotion spot.

TheMister - I will list all the TV / Prize money on here soon. Sponsorship? Didn't know you could set this, it seems to go through automatically. Some of the better Asian teams still compete in the Asian Champions League. This is one of the many issues I need to fix before release.

Smallclone - No work permit rules at all.

You mentioned earlier about problems of setting clubs to this nations because of dodgy transfers, have you tried experimenting with the nation's transfer preferences? Not quite sure the best settings here, perhaps remove them all? or set them all to high?

I've seen some other World League Projects where setting teams to the same nation changes their transfer preferences, so I thought I'd leave the nations alone so all clubs continue as they normally would. Also I find it's a nice touch to know which nation a club is originally from, as with over 200 nations represented it's difficult to keep track.

Just a reminder for those waiting on the download, there is a lot of testing still to be done, it will be at least a few weeks as I want to make sure it's just right before I release it.

Thanks for this, but can't seem ti edit the title of the link, so I posted the image directly.

I am adding all the links into post 2, but would still like to rename them, if I can work out how.

Take the direct link for the image and then type the link name for your title e.g. world league 1 then higlight it and click this button. Paste the direct link and then the words you want as the title will form a hyperlink as above and it should work.

Hope that makes sense :)

Archived