FM 10: Official Chelsea Thread - Pride of London

el sid

I'll definitely be acquiring Jovetic, Hamsik, Iaquinta, Zapata and Fazio if the demo is anything to go by. I'm also looking foward to nurturing Matic, Rajkovic, Kakuta, Stoch, Di Santo, Delac, Sturridge and Hutchinson. Deco, Ballack, Hilario, Belletti, P.Ferreira and Anelka will be offloaded. Only issue i seem to have is at LeftBack as Rajkovic is out on loan, I need a youngish player with adequate potential to cover for A.Cole, but also be able to take over when A.Cole starts declining.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll definitely be acquiring Jovetic, Hamsik, Iaquinta, Zapata and Fazio if the demo is anything to go by. I'm also looking foward to nurturing Matic, Rajkovic, Kakuta, Stoch, Di Santo, Delac, Sturridge and Hutchinson. Deco, Ballack, Hilario, Belletti, P.Ferreira and Anelka will be offloaded. Only issue i seem to have is at LeftBack as Rajkovic is out on loan, I need a youngish player with adequate potential to cover for A.Cole, but also be able to take over when A.Cole starts declining.

Zhirkov is a more than adequate backup for A Cole. If not, Christian Ansaldi is a good cheap young backup for LB and RB, very versatile with decent stats which can be improved on.

A possible long term replacement for A Cole...Mattock?

Just had one of the craziest second halfs ever! Here's pretty much how the match went...

9 minutes: GOAL! Borriello for Chelsea. 1-0

29 minutes: GOAL! Lampard for Chelsea. 2-0

33 minutes: GOAL! Cassano for CHelsea. 3-0

45 minutes: HALF TIME! Pretty normal first half, here's where the mayhem started ;)

47 minutes: RED CARD! Straight red for De Rossi for Chelsea.

48 minutes: GOAL! Forlan for At. Madrid. 3-1

49 minutes: GOAL! Forlan for At. Madrid 3-2 (Considered subbing Casillas after he stalled with the ball and Forlan just touched it off him and passed it into an empty net.)

51 minutes: GOAL! Cassano for Chelsea. 4-2

54 minutes: GOAL! Essien for Chelsea. 5-2

57 minutes: GOAL! Forlan for At. Madrid. 5-3

62 minutes: GOAL! Cassano for Chelsea. 6-3

90 minutes: FULL TIME! So in the space of 15 minutes there had been 6 goals and a red card. No surprise that Cassano was MoM with a 9.5, but somehow Casillas managed a 8.0...

Just thought I'd share one of the most exciting 15 minutes (Game time) I've seen in FM.

Zhirkov is a more than adequate backup for A Cole. If not, Christian Ansaldi is a good cheap young backup for LB and RB, very versatile with decent stats which can be improved on.

Cheers essien_5, i'll have a look at those options.

Just finished the Comunity Shield game and won 3-1. Here's how I plan to play for pretty much every game...

(In the '4-2-2' formation)

GK: I. Casillas

RB: P. Lahm

LB: A. Cole

CB: J. Terry

CB: R. Carvalho

CM: M. Essien

CM: D. De Rossi

RAM: J. Cole

LAM: D. Silva

CF: D. Drogba

CF: A. Cassano

Subs: R. Turnbull, J. Boswinga, B. Ivanovic, O. Mikel, F. Lampard, N. Anelka & R. van Nistelrooy/M. Barriello.

(Against weaker teams, a '4-2-3-1' but with CAMs, not wide players.)

LCAM: A. Cassano

RCAM: D. Silva

CAM: F. Lampard

Subs: R. Turnbull, J. Boswinga, B. Ivanovic, O. Mikel, J. Cole, N. Anelka & R. van Nistelrooy/M.Barriello.

IN:

De Rossi - £15m u.f, £25m over 48 months.

Lahm - £17m u.f, £10.5m over 48 months.

Silva - £16m u.f, £16m over 48 months.

Casillas - £52m

Cassano - £17.5m

van Nistelrooy - Loan (£220k)

Borriello - Loan (£900k)

OUT:

Cech - £19m

Alex - £15m

Deco - £2.8m

Kalou - £11.25m

Malouda - £12.25m

Hilario - £850k

Some youths out on loan.

Everyone that has left the club has been replaced, except Alex, but currently I'm trying to bring in:

Jovetic - £7m u.f, £6m over 48 months.

G. Milito - Loan (£750k)

And that'd leave me with nothing left in the transfer kitty, but a very strong squad. Strongest line up would then be:

RAM: D. Silva/J.Cole

LAM: S. Jovetic/D. Silva

CF: A. Cassano

Subs: R. Turnbull, J. Boswinga, G. Milito, O. Mikel, F. Lampard, J. Cole/S. Jovetic & R. van Nistelrooy/M. Barriello/N. Anelka.

What prices did people get for Ballack, Ivanovic and Mikel? Hoping if it's enough I can get a better DM/CM and a better back up GK.

Great signings, i did much the same. IMO play the 4-2-3-1 every game, just with more defensive mentality for stronger opposition. Otherwise leaving lampard on the bench is a travesty...

I tried to put Mikel on loan, no offers. So i offered him for 15m and got clubs offering to loan him and pay 2.3m for the season, but he rejected every single one. Ballack is a very useful player if you are playing the 4-2-3-1 because of his aerial ability - he scores loads like that and great against more physcial opposition for a completely different approach.

Tell your LCAM and RCAM to 'hug touchline' and then you get the width and it works absolutely great. Plus train lahm to rb so eventually he becomes a natural, same with De Rossi for CM (and if you want a back up CM, do this with Ballack also). Your not going to get a much better CM than De Rossi, Essien, Lampard!!!

Sign Lahm! Fantastic defender, certainly best affordable full back. He will be first choice RB and then when A Cole gets too old, move him to LB (natural) and play a younger RB, davide santon; or keep him RB and get a younger LB. Signing Lahm is great, because keep bosingwa, and then if a cole gets injured, lahm to LB and bosingwa rb and your team is no weaker.

are there any natural good right wingers we can get at cheaper prices? joe cole doesn't appear up to the mark and silva isnt a natural right winger

Haven't tried him with Chelsea, but on my Man City game Maxi Rodriguez did pretty well for me.

Great signings, i did much the same. IMO play the 4-2-3-1 every game, just with more defensive mentality for stronger opposition. Otherwise leaving lampard on the bench is a travesty...

I tried to put Mikel on loan, no offers. So i offered him for 15m and got clubs offering to loan him and pay 2.3m for the season, but he rejected every single one. Ballack is a very useful player if you are playing the 4-2-3-1 because of his aerial ability - he scores loads like that and great against more physcial opposition for a completely different approach.

Tell your LCAM and RCAM to 'hug touchline' and then you get the width and it works absolutely great. Plus train lahm to rb so eventually he becomes a natural, same with De Rossi for CM (and if you want a back up CM, do this with Ballack also). Your not going to get a much better CM than De Rossi, Essien, Lampard!!!

Since the community shield I haven't used the 4-2-3-1 formation, mostly the 4-2-2-2 formation. Gets me a fair amount of goals and don't normally concede. Although I think in Europe I'll start playing the 4-2-3-1 formation every game.

are there any natural good right wingers we can get at cheaper prices? joe cole doesn't appear up to the mark and silva isnt a natural right winger

Train Silva to AMR and just play him there, he's ace. The biggest difference between natural and accomplished is in your head. On the pitch, there is little difference. Eventhough Silva is only competent at AMR, he'll quickly be accomplished with retraining.

Cazorla isn't bad and natural both flanks which is a bonus. He played well for me when I was playing with wingers.

The far better option, play 3CAMs, with LCAM and RCAM (e.g. silva and cassano) told to hug touchline, run w/ ball often, cross ball often and they will act just like wingers and there are far more quality CAMS than wingers.

Looking for a world class striker people to play alongside Drogba. I have brought Dzeko but see him as a younger third striker option as a long term replacement for Drogba, and have also brought Cassano but to be played at the top of the diamond.

I really don't know who to buy. Money isn't an issue as such but I'm not paying stupid money. The best striker interested is Villa but I would imagine he would cost a fortune. Has anybody brought him and if so for how much money?

Otherwise, any suggestions on who to buy?

Looking for a world class striker people to play alongside Drogba. I have brought Dzeko but see him as a younger third striker option as a long term replacement for Drogba, and have also brought Cassano but to be played at the top of the diamond.

I really don't know who to buy. Money isn't an issue as such but I'm not paying stupid money. The best striker interested is Villa but I would imagine he would cost a fortune. Has anybody brought him and if so for how much money?

Aguero is great, either at the top of the diamond or as a second striker - he just runs through people and great with Drogba alongside him. He will cost you 52m but you can play 40m over 48 months so only 22 comes out of your budget. He is expensive, but then he is very young and very good and versatile and Chelsea are very rich.

Aguero is great, either at the top of the diamond or as a second striker - he just runs through people and great with Drogba alongside him. He will cost you 52m but you can play 40m over 48 months so only 22 comes out of your budget. He is expensive, but then he is very young and very good and versatile and Chelsea are very rich.

Cheers mate, on my way to work this morning, I thought about buying Aguero, as he can't be any more expensive than Villa but is a younger option. I just want my transfers sorted out ready to embark on a save when the full game comes out.

Question though, if I played Aguero upfront with Drogba, and Cassano playing behind them at the top of the diamond, which role should I give him?

I am likely to play Drogba as a targetman, and Cassano as an advanced playmaker. Would it be careless to employ Aguero as my trequartista, with Cassano also in the side?

Cheers mate, on my way to work this morning, I thought about buying Aguero, as he can't be any more expensive than Villa but is a younger option. I just want my transfers sorted out ready to embark on a save when the full game comes out.

Question though, if I played Aguero upfront with Drogba, and Cassano playing behind them at the top of the diamond, which role should I give him?

I am likely to play Drogba as a targetman, and Cassano as an advanced playmaker. Would it be careless to employ Aguero as my trequartista, with Cassano also in the side?

You have two options, either Aguero picks the ball up from quite deep and runs at the defence (which he is good at) and Drogba is the most advanced forward, or Drogba holds up the ball as the link between midfield and attack, and Aguero is always looking to get goal-side of the defenders.

The Second option IMO is the best, because Cassano can be the one running at the defenders, and Aguero is perfect because he is so fast.

He should be some kind of mix between Defensive fwd and poacher, because I've read players like Tevez actually score a lot of goals as defensive forwards by taking the ball off the defenders. Aguero high mentality, run with ball often, close down often, run from deep often etc (more poacher than defensive forward for sure).

heres my first attempt at this tactic:

almost as good as 4-2-3-1.tac - 0.00MB

Drobga is a mix between Deep lying forward and target man. Here IMO deep lying forward is better because more of a contrast with Aguero - having two forwards who are not in a line is much more difficult for defenders so he should be set as a deep lying forward, but few long shots and not move into channels but normal for wide play, and lower mentality for Aguero.

Your other option, with the same players, is the 4-2-3-1 with Essien and De Rossi CM, Aguero Cassano and Lampard CAM and Drogba up front. I found this tactic very successful, esp if you set you LCAM and RCAM(aguero and Cassano) to 'hug touchline'

Heres the link for this tactic which I developed, top of the league half way through and just thrashed Liverpool 4-0.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=157061

I'm trying out the 4-1-2-1-2 which is pretty immense so far - including a domination and 2-0 beating of Real Madrid away without Drogba. Competely different to my 4-2-3-1, because here all the goals come from through balls from the midfield to forwards. Despite having Villa, Drogba, Dzeko and Aguero, my ass man says the weakest area of my squad is up front. Wilkins, pure genius.

Hi Essien,

I bought Iaquinta twice for 6.5m and was leading scorer both times out scoring drogba and dzeko. Once game had 17 and the next one 14 by the end of the demo. was class. not a long term option but for 6.5m still get a good 2 or 3 years out of him.

Trying to experiment to find what works best (transfer wise) on the demo, I think I have decided upon

In- Luis Fabiano, David Silva, Chinedu Obasi, Darijo Srna, Edin Dzeko, Artur Boruc, Henry Saivet and Dirk Marcellis

Out- Hilario (375k loan), Anelka, Deco, Alex, Kalou

I couldn't find any buyers for Malouda.

I spread most of the cost of all the player over 24 months due to the transfer ban, but theres enough of a mix between young and old to compete both this year and next. Dzeko is more of a long term replacement for Drogba, but becomes my backup striker playing both Drogba and Luis Fabiano up front. I couldnt decide on a keeper so went for Boruc, does anyone know a cheaper option for a backup for Cech that isn't far behind his ability?

Is Aguero worth £15m upfront and £40m over 48 months? I know he is quality and young, but is there no one better value for money to start from the beginning alongside Drogba?

I suppose my other option is to play Cassano upfront as a trequartista, Drogba as a targetman or complete forward, and then buy another playmaker to play behind the front two. If I did that though any suggestions? I'm not too keen on Silva, as he hasn't lit up any game I've played as of yet.

Dzeko is immense for me in the demo. Him and Drogs play really well together, I started a game against Portsmouth 4-3-3, with Anelka, Drogba and Dzeko all upfront. Needless to say that i won 7-0. Happy days!

Ended up starting my demo again as I lost both Drogba and Anelka to 4 month injuries and seeing as I only have 6 months I thought a restart was in order.

Bought Hamsik and Arda.

Playing a narrow 4 - 1 - 2 - 1 - 2. Ballack at the tip of the diamond and has been immense! Anelka as a poacher as well

Cassano scored two on his debut for me playing up alongside Drogba as a trequartista. With Dzeko as third choice I think that's a fine strike force.

However playing Cassano there I need to make a decision about the player in the hole, my advanced playmaker. I already have Joe Cole and Ballack so I could decide that to be enough, but the money is there if I want a top quality playmaker. As I said previous I think the obvious one would be Silva, but he has never really performed when I have brought him before, and at £30m it could prove an expensive mistake!

Is Aguero worth £15m upfront and £40m over 48 months? I know he is quality and young, but is there no one better value for money to start from the beginning alongside Drogba?

I suppose my other option is to play Cassano upfront as a trequartista, Drogba as a targetman or complete forward, and then buy another playmaker to play behind the front two. If I did that though any suggestions? I'm not too keen on Silva, as he hasn't lit up any game I've played as of yet.

Silva hs been a massive flop for me, given his massive fee and wages.

Llorente and Milevskyi are absolute bargains. Poor mans Drogba but still very productive. i had the latter at barca and even though i rarely play him due to the very impressive Zlatan and me using a 1 striker tactic, the guy still gets his goals.

Cassano is great, i think his best position is AM but i played him at striker (complete forward) iwith good results.

Aguero too expensive imo, and i can't decide wut is his best position .

How much do you have left Essien and whats your squad?

I have decided for the full game I will buy for sure:

Enyeama

Otamendi

Lahm/Srna

Ansaldi

De Rossi

Sissoko

Hamsik

Cassano

Dzeko

And then some youth players

And I will definately sell:

Hilario

Alex

Malouda

Deco

Anelka

Kalou

By tweaking budgets and buying the more expensive players with monthly installments, it would leave a budget of still about £35-45m, so plenty of money still to buy someone. Another alternative could be perhaps buying Gignac or Adriano and Cassano can then go back into the hole. Any one brought Gignac or Adriano and are they worth it?

Buy Casilas - he is absolutely immense, and I mean it. Best keeper in the world, 52m is a lot but he will settle for 150k a week, less than Terry, and Cech can be sold for 21m, so net spend on keeper is 31m which is not too shabby at all, considering how much better Casillas is than Cech.

Buy Casilas - he is absolutely immense, and I mean it. Best keeper in the world, 52m is a lot but he will settle for 150k a week, less than Terry, and Cech can be sold for 21m, so net spend on keeper is 31m which is not too shabby at all, considering how much better Casillas is than Cech.

i still think thats too much! considering cech has been very solid for me, i'm not forking out 31m and big wages for a GK no matter how good he is.

but i'm debating whether to bring in a world class player at RB to replace bosingwa even though he has been ok. I'm esp. fond of daniel alves, i'm playing barca for fun now and the guy is awesome!

15 games in and he already has 8 assists and 1 goal(a header no less!), at RB. such an attacking player. but he gonna cost alot though, anyone tried buying him yet?

i still think thats too much! considering cech has been very solid for me, i'm not forking out 31m and big wages for a GK no matter how good he is.

but i'm debating whether to bring in a world class player at RB to replace bosingwa even though he has been ok. I'm esp. fond of daniel alves, i'm playing barca for fun now and the guy is awesome!

15 games in and he already has 8 assists and 1 goal(a header no less!), at RB. such an attacking player. but he gonna cost alot though, anyone tried buying him yet?

IMO you'd be better off buying Lahm or Maicon as an 'expensive' right back. Or as a cheaper alternative Srna.

My god - i soo want to start a game but i'm waiting for the patch and then i'm gonna cane it like i did last year. Roll on Saturday.

So what backroom staff have you guys got? Who have you kept - i dont think that there are many decent coaches, so a few will have to go. God this is soo tempting to get started! I scouted a left back from Kaizer Chiefs i think - wasn't too bad, Bryan Robson said he had the potential to be as good as Ash Cole.

I get rid of a lot of the current staff and hire low rep but 4 starrish coaches. Difficult to find five stars from the get go that aren't managers or non-coaches. Of course, I imagine more choice in the full game.

I can't give backroom staff names just yet since I've uninstalled the demo.

Sure, I'll get a list up later on in Friday. Just saying now, these guys won't be giving five star ratings. Only got five in fitness and goalkeeping. The rest are fours.

Speaking of players getting expensive. Hamsik will be released from Napoli for £60ish million! That is the negotiated offer I am being given to work with, anyway.

Casillas still might join with 200k a week.

Lost Moutinho to City, daaamn!

Archived