A Fantastic Tactic for Top Teams in FM10

Here is the reasoning behind this tactic:

1) There are very few wide players of exceptional quality - Messi, Ronaldo, Ribery and the list stops quite abruptly (and these players cannot reasonably be bought) and CAMs are often crowbarred into these positions (such as Silva who is not 'natural' out wide)

2) As you will have seen from reading around, tactics without wide players are working well, such as the 4-1-2-1-2 and 4-3-1-2, unlike other earlier versions of the game

3) The great thing about wingers is being able to overlap with wing-backs and putting in fab crosses, but the bad thing is that striker is often left unsupported, both when the ball is given long to him and when crosses come in

My tactic solves all these probems

4-2-3-1

Positions:

-----GK------

RB-CB-CB-LB

---CM-CM---

CAM-CAM-CAM

------CF-------

For this to work to its full extent:

1)The centre forward must be capable of heading the ball - no sticking sergio aguero up front by himself (a player who is not actually that great at headers, but can challenge like Berbatov or van persie because he is tall is fine but preferable someone like Drogba or Dzeko)

2)The RB and LB must 'run with ball often' 'cross ball often' and 'run from deep often' (sometimes probably against strong teams)

3) One of the CMs must be defensive minded, whether it be deep lying playmaker, ball winning or MCd (duty DEFEND)

4) The other CM should be support not attack, although defensive is also possible against very strong teams or to defend a slender lead

5) The two wide CAMs set to 'inside forward' but under advanced change 'wide play' to 'hug touchline' and cross ball to 'often' (this means that when the ball is down the left, the LCAM will act like a winger, and RCAM and CAM will support the striker and visa-versa - this is integral and what makes this tactic so good)

6) the LCAM and RCAM should be players such as silva, cassano who have the attributes for playing out wide, not a lampard or a ballack or riquelme

BE PATIENT - all tactics and new signings take time, but i watch full match and this is a completely different level from other formations

Every successful tactic must be adapted to your own team. Play my formation, set full backs's role to wingback, duty attack. Set CBs duty to defend. The CM positions defend on your players. With Lampard and Essien I play box to box and ball winning (duty defend) - doesn't matter as long as 1 is defend and 1 is support (or like i said, sometimes defend). The key part is that you have winger-like players playing LCAM and RCAM and set to 'hug touchline', and striker should have support duty, i recommend complete forward.

HOWEVER:

you must adapt it to your players, for example

-corner tactics, both attacking and defending

-long shots for your players

-passing style for individual players

-OFFSIDE RULE (for me it is catastrophic because terry/carvalho have no pace)

But as the basis for your formation,

fluid

control

float crosses

passing style shorter

man marking

press more

everything else default

This takes about 2 mins to do

simply go to tactics menu in game, then manage tactics, select the tactic you want, click export. then select a place to put it on your computer ( i recommend my documents) and name the file something easy to remember. exit FM.

then go to www.zshare.net, go to upload, select the tactic you saved in my documents and upload it. Then be sure to copy the download link you are given when its finished uploading and post the link on here. Hope that helps mate.

Ah, the 4231 with tucked in wingers/attacking mids. Just the tactic i had been trying to build, but it seems that it's more successful in having the wingers start out in the middle and drifting out wide, than vice versa, as many people have had problems with their AML/AMR cutting inside.

I tried this with Man United and for the first time, dominated possession against Chelsea in the Communty Shield. They scored right at the start with a lucky goal and a Jonny Evans mistake, but i equalised late on after i used touchline shouts to "Get Ball Forward" and "Attacking" mentality, this pushed Chelsea back into their own half and i ended teh match with possession of something like 62-38, which is more than decent against a midfield of quality like Chelsea's. Also I dropped the two MC's back into the DMC position, one playmaker (Carrick) and one destroyer (Fletcher), this gave me more stability and also dealt with Lampard/Ballack/Deco or whoever Chelsea puts in the AMC position, beautifully. I also love how the fullbacks bomb forward and provide width. I'm certain that with a taller striker like Dzeko or Crouch I would have put more headers away. still experimenting with the attackers because every team has different players with different strengths.

I'm trying to use this tactic to test out your theories, couple of questions though.

What defensive line setting do you have?

what creative freedom settings do you have?

What role is your AMC set to?

Have you tried using your striker with duty attack? if so what did you find was the disadvantage over support duty?

My defensive line is normal, slap bang in the middle so because i have found this is the best balance between too high up with slow CBs (mine are carvalho, terry) and too deep with too large a gap between them and the midfield.

I've changed my forwards settings (long shots rarely, cross ball sometimes, passing style short) and there really isn't much difference between the two.

I'm still tweaking the tactic, and recently lowered all my players creative freedom. GK, CBs none, ST and WBs and ball winning midfielder little, Box2box a bit more, my 3 CAMs normal creative freedom.

Ah, the 4231 with tucked in wingers/attacking mids. Just the tactic i had been trying to build, but it seems that it's more successful in having the wingers start out in the middle and drifting out wide, than vice versa, as many people have had problems with their AML/AMR cutting inside.

I tried this with Man United and for the first time, dominated possession against Chelsea in the Communty Shield. They scored right at the start with a lucky goal and a Jonny Evans mistake, but i equalised late on after i used touchline shouts to "Get Ball Forward" and "Attacking" mentality, this pushed Chelsea back into their own half and i ended teh match with possession of something like 62-38, which is more than decent against a midfield of quality like Chelsea's. Also I dropped the two MC's back into the DMC position, one playmaker (Carrick) and one destroyer (Fletcher), this gave me more stability and also dealt with Lampard/Ballack/Deco or whoever Chelsea puts in the AMC position, beautifully. I also love how the fullbacks bomb forward and provide width. I'm certain that with a taller striker like Dzeko or Crouch I would have put more headers away. still experimenting with the attackers because every team has different players with different strengths.

I'm glad it works.

I find against strong opposition I want passing to be quite short and few long shots and I can really work chances and dominate the match as you did. Against weaker opposition, more long short and sometimes more direct because I'll have a lot of possession anyway.

the link does not work, keeps on asking me to click the download button even though the timer was done. But I've followed your instructions so far and it's been doing wonders. Using Spurs and just beat Chelsea 3-0 in the League Cup. Nice job, I wasn't convince because I'm in October now and thought it might need some time to adjust to the tactic but I was wrong.

saemus, I have placed the old firm in the premiership, but they are not big teams in this league - maybe 8-14th sort of teams, do you think this tactic could work with such a team having seen the tactic in full matches?

I have good middle to front players, but a very average to poor defense i believe.

-----------Palermo/Boyd

---Vukcevic----Di Maria-----Skillful AMRLC/FC from feyenoord

(the amazing guy from sporting?)

------Mendes/thomson--Davis----------

Papac---Bougherra---Reignusson(sp?)-----Belletti

I haven't tested this out, despite building it, for two reasons;

I've had a horrible start in the second season with West Ham, and changing tactics now would result in disaster.

And secondly, reading the bugs forum, I really don't think this formation, let alone the tactic, will reach its potential until some of the positioning problems within the game are ironed out.

so far so good mate. Having just bought the game I've had a pretty uneventful start with Man U, 1 win and 4 draws. Just switched to your tactic for my first CL game home to M.Haifa (a game I should be dominating, i know) and won 4-0 with all the attacking players getting 1 each, I happen to have already bought Dzeko and Silva. Lets hope it continues.

Archived