FM 10: Official Chelsea Thread - Pride of London

el sid

I am losing so much money, around £12m for each of the last two months. I guess the high wage bill and monthly installments on player transfers are taking their toll! I'm now worried if it carries on like this that I will end up getting sacked if the club goes into the red. Some of Roman's roubles would do very nicely right about now!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

God this game is sooo frustrating Newcastle are bottom and i'm 3rd and i still draw with them! Cech is terrible for me, keeps on coming out to collect crosses and totally missing them just like real life i suppose. Think i might get rid of him

I went into £30m in debt but they were pleased with me! Then Roman added some more money and is now upgrading the stadium, both the training and youth facilities so happy days!

Reassures me mate that Roman still sees the Chels as a worthy cause!

yeah thats true. Just wish i could put together a decent run! Well i'm on the favored personnel now so thats cool and was offered a new 2 year contract at the start of the 2nd season so must be doing something right!

Ok, my second game. Smaller database. Had the advantage of knowing certain youngsters now so I went on a spending spree. Spent more but got more players too. (didn't go for Casillas, Camacho or Veloso)

I -did- however go for Dzeko, Aguero, Hamsik and Sakho.

Anyway, I needed to share my opening match. The charity shield vs Man U. It was so emotional and nail biting for me.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/p.calay/fm10/

Please check it out. The quick summary: Beat Man U with 9 men.

-------

Grats on getting favoured personal. Nice to see it can happen quickly.

God this game is sooo frustrating Newcastle are bottom and i'm 3rd and i still draw with them! Cech is terrible for me, keeps on coming out to collect crosses and totally missing them just like real life i suppose. Think i might get rid of him

I am having a lot of success with 4-1-2-1-2.

I play the defensive midfielder with a defensive mentality. With the two central midfielders, one is a box to box midfielder with support mentality, and the other is a ball winning midfielder with support mentality. The player in the hole is an advanced playmaker with attacking mentality. I then play one forward as a complete forward (normally Drogba or Dzeko) and the other as a deep lying forward (Cassano or Aguero)

10 points clear after 15 games, scored 34 and only conceded 8.

Looking for someone as the perfect foil for Aguero (after my transfer ban is lifted that is), any ideas? Was thinking of Dzeko, but is there anyone else you guys would recommend? I'm playing a 4-3-1-2 formation, with Aguero up front as a trequarista, and a target man along side him. Sadly, Drogba just isn't working for me, and has been getting a lot of injuries.

Looking for someone as the perfect foil for Aguero (after my transfer ban is lifted that is), any ideas? Was thinking of Dzeko, but is there anyone else you guys would recommend? I'm playing a 4-3-1-2 formation, with Aguero up front as a trequarista, and a target man along side him. Sadly, Drogba just isn't working for me, and has been getting a lot of injuries.

Dzeko would be a good shout. Others to may be check out would be Llorente and Balotelli.

It's wierd how some players are working for some managers and some aren't. I've just sold Riccy for £15m. Been well disappointed with Ashley so Ryan Bertrand has taken his position and is doing really well.

Thanks essien 5, Yeah I've found that strange, there seems to be a lot more variety in the players performances for people this year. Gotta say though, Danny Sturridge has been fantastic for me, into double figures in the first season, mainly from appearances off the bench.

This may sound stupid but im playing as Chelsea at the moment and i was wondering come the time when new youngsters graduate into your u/18's does Chelsea actually get any due to the transfer embargo? (Im at the end of Feb at the moment)

I may look at starting a second Chelsea game not selling players and using the current squad from the start, as despite the ban, I have found my Chelsea save pretty easy because I have been able to stock up on quality players before the ban.

It would undoubtedly be a lot tougher due to Chelsea's squad ageing, but at least I would still have Lampard and Essien to call upon...absolute beasts!

On current save 12 points clear after 23 games, even with Ashley Cole and Drogba having been out all season so far.

I was wondering if I started a new Chelsea game with no transfer budget in the first window, I may look at getting a couple of free transfers in just to beef the squad up a little.

I see that Beckham and Landon Donovan can both be approached to join on free's in Jan. If I agreed this before the end of the transfer window will the deals be cancelled when the transfer ban takes effect or because I agreed them before the ban they will be ok?

I think essien5 that they should come to you but I cannot be 100% sure as I've never tried it. I would say that they will come as the deal was done beforehand. Good luck. How many times have you started now anyway?

I was wondering if I started a new Chelsea game with no transfer budget in the first window, I may look at getting a couple of free transfers in just to beef the squad up a little.

I see that Beckham and Landon Donovan can both be approached to join on free's in Jan. If I agreed this before the end of the transfer window will the deals be cancelled when the transfer ban takes effect or because I agreed them before the ban they will be ok?

I offered Becks a contract in the summer of 2009 and he still promptly joined me in January 2010 despite the transfer embargo, is this what you asked for? hope this helps :D

I think essien5 that they should come to you but I cannot be 100% sure as I've never tried it. I would say that they will come as the deal was done beforehand. Good luck. How many times have you started now anyway?

I started 3 or 4 times to get it right, but now having got it right I'm finding the game too easy having brought too many quality players in all at once. I want a challenge and with the transfer embargo, I think starting the game with nil transfer budget will be the way to go. Therefore, free transfers and loan deals for me!

I'm finding the transfer embargo a lot more annoying now. Finished my first season, won the League and F.A. Cup, but crashed out of the league cup in the final to Wigan and in the champs league to Barcelona in the semi-final. Aguero and Lampard were fantastic for me, Aguero got 32 goals and Lampard managed 27 from the LCM position. But now this summer, I've lost Alex to R.Madrid and a few youth players, with nobody to replace them. It's going to be a small squad until January! Come on the Chels!

See if you can pick up Ribery for £14.5m liked i did. If he hasn't signed a new contract you have every chance too. currently in dec of the 2nd season in and im 2nd in the league after at one stage being 8 points behind Man City and my top scorers are:

Drogba 28

Lampard 17

Dzeko 11

Sturridge 11

Essien 5

Anelka 4

And Cech has just picked up GK of the year

Come on the Chels!!!!

Was going to start a new Chelsea save with a nil transfer budget but it prevents me from rebuilding my coaching and scouting networks, as I can't pay compensation. Therefore I have kept a transfer budget but have spent very little.

I have brought a couple of youngsters in for my reserves, and the only real money I have spent is £2.5m on Ochoa as a backup GK and £3m on Di Maria. The only player out is Hilario on loan.

I have also offered a contract to Appiah as backup, and have agreed deals for Beckham and Landon Donovan to join on frees in January. Donovan isn't amazing but his versatility and two footedness could prove very helpful.

Plus I have managed to prize away half of Arsenal's scouts hopefully to help me buy some young talent!

After starting a couple curiosity saves with some other clubs I've finally started my official Chelsea save for FM10 :cool:

Transfers

In:

Giuseppe Rossi (Villareal): £14.5m

Antonio Cassano (Sampdoria): £18m

Giorgio Chiellini (Juventus): £37.5m

Edin Dzeko (Wolfsburg): £21.5m

Jeremy Toulalan (Olympique Lyonnais): £15.5m

Yoan Gourcuff (Bordeaux): £19m

Fabiano Santacroce (Napoli): £9m

Vincent Enyeama (H. Tel-Aviv): £220k

Total in: £135m

Outs:

Anelka (Man Utd.): £15m

Carvalho (Man City): £22.5m

Malouda (Man Utd.): £12.25m

Kalou (Man City): £11.25m

Alex (Sunderland): £14m

Deco (Sunderland): £5.5m

Gokhan Tore (Roma): £1.1m

Total Out: £82m

Starting Lineup 4-2-4

GK: Cech

DR: Bosingwa

DL: A. Cole

DC: Terry

DC: Chiellini

MC: Essien/Toulalan

AML: Cassano/Zhirkov

AMC: Lampard

AMR: Cole/Gourcuff

ST: Drogba

ST: Rossi/Dzeko

Rossi is my leading scorer with 7 goals in 8 apps. along with 2 assists with Cassano leading the way in assists with 7 assists and a goal in 9 apps.

It's coming towards the end of September and I've won the Community Shield against Man. Utd. (4-2), am sitting on top of the EPL by goal difference (5-1-0), and have dropped my first game against Bordeaux (1-3) in the CL group stage. Wish me luck! :)

Last night just before I stopped playing I worked out that in the last 8or9 games I've played we've scored 36 goals!! Off top of my head, best results were 4-3 win against Liverpool, 7-3 win against fulhan at Fulham, 7-2 against cruz ??? World club championship! I'm currently playing

4-2-1-3 line up is;

Gk: Cech

Rb: bosingwa (Hutchinson/mancienne)

lb: A Cole

cb: alex or ivanovic whoever is fit

cb: terry (nearly always injured!) mancienne

cm: essien

cm: ballack

am: lampard

lf: anelka or sturridge

cf: drogba

rf: dzeko

Gone back to my 08/09 style 4-3-3. Customised all passing to be shortest possible. Everyone set to rarely cross(except fullbacks),longshot and throughball(except CM, set on sometimes). Now all the players properly work the ball up with slick passing movement.

Dzeko is struggling for me, interestingly, although the young Eduardo Salvio has really fought for his place in the team with some great goals, mostly off the bench.

Cech has been injured for the past month so had some important crunch games against Liverpool and such with Hilario. Glad to say, not lost a game yet!

With so much customisation, I've had little use for touchlines. Then again with this system I've never expected to change things much, more of a Guardiola thing of "Stick to what you're doing, be patient, we'll get the goals!"

And we do! Get a lot of chances.

Smaller database as well so I expect to finish up this season by tomorrow.

I'm finding that Drogba being an absolute monster is a growing trend. He's got 15 in 15 with 4 assists for me. I've set Lampard as a Trequartista at the AMC position and he's been playing out of his mind as well with 10 goals and 10 assist in 18 apps.

I'm particularly pleased that I've beaten both Manchester Utd. (4-2, 3-1) and Arsenal (4-1) comfortably. Things are looking great so far this season. It makes me think "what transfer ban?" :p

Kicked off my Chelsea save again after my last one got corrupted. I made a few transfers this time round.

Transfers In

Antonio Cassano - 18 mill - Cassano was bought to play in the hole.

Fernando Llorente - 10 mill - Hopefull hell be able to step into Drogbas shoes one day.

Transfers Out

Florent Malouda - 9 mill - I have no use for his as i dont play with wingers.

Salomon Kalou - 8 mill - Sold to give Sturridge more game time, he will play backup to Anelka.

Couple of youngsters on loan.

Ive played 3 matches so far

Chelsea 2-0 Manchester United - Community Shield (N)

Chelsea 2-0 Wolves (A)

Chelsea 4-0 Manchester United (A)

First home game of the season coming up against Hull, they must be shaking in there boots :D

I've had that with City, but luckily for me it's been players I've been looking to get rid of anyway eg. Kalou.

Coming up to January in the second season, finally going to be able to bring people in. I've already agreed a deal for Dzeko and Rodwell, as my scouts rated both very highly and everyone seems to love Dzeko. Looking to bring in a couple more too, and I've agreed to sell Matic to Everton. How's everyone else getting on? Finding the league quite easy this season, only 1 draw so far (Man Utd, 2-2) and I'm 10 points clear coming up to January. Aguero has more goals than he's played games, the guy's ridiculous (which he showed irl tonight sadly). Come on the Chels!

I'm still here in the first season, but I agree, the EPL is ridiculously easy. With 28 games played I sit on top of the table at 23-4-1 with 73 points and a goal difference of +53. The next team behind me is Man. City. with 59 points. No one has really put up a fight against my squad and the one game I dropped was against Birmingham where I sided a weaker side. Lamps is still my standout player with 22 goals and 13 assists in 36 games played in all comps. Hopefully the CL goes as smooth as the EPL :)

Hi guys im having seroius problems with chelsea atm....

- i cant find a decent tactic

- Not scoring off corners or doin anything really off corners

- cant sell ballack for 1.5pounds....nor get him sign contract less than 125,000/week

-cant sell hilario for 0

Can u guys pls help me here. i love this game but is so fkin annoying at times....just need to get these issues solved....btw here is my team...

Gk: Cech

GK: Benaglio/Turnball

DR: Bosingwa

DR: Lahm/Ivanovic

DL: A. Cole

DL: Zhirkov/Lahm

DC: JT

DC: Carvalho

DC: Ivanovic

DC: Mexes

MC: Essien

MC: Mikel

MC: Lamps

MC: Hamsik

AML: Malouda

AML: Zhirkov

AMR: J. Cole

AMR: Navas

ST: Drogs

ST: Anelka

ST: Dzeko

ST: Ba

oh 1 more thing...defending has been awful conceding silly goals...

As u can see the squad is based on a 4-4-2 which hasnt been working so any tips will be greatful...

Quinby:

- I've gotten great results by using Lampard as a Trequartista and playing 2 strikers up top with Drogba as a Target man and another forward as a Deep-Lying Forward (in my case Cassano/Rossi.)

- I've toggled a bit with my corner tactics and haven't seen wonderful results from anything I've done. I'm thinking that the new match engine has made goals from central defenders a bit more seldom to make it a little more "real."

- The only way you'll be able to get rid of Ballack is to let him go on a free, but I wouldn't since he can still stick around and do a job until his contract runs out. I would let Hilario go on loan with an option to buy.

- I'm not sure what type of goals you're conceding when you say "silly goals" but if you're getting caught on the break or out of position a lot try switching your central defenders' mentalities to almost all the way defensive and set your defensive line to play a bit deeper.

Thanks for the help Pitchposh. my attack is fine, defence is ok but still a bit shakey...ive read through the tactical theorems which seem to have helped the defence and making tweeks during game helps a lot too...

i guess now it jsut to experiment with the attacking corners...-_-

Does any1 know what to set if i want to play 4-2-3-1, cause drogba as target man doesn't really seem to do much for me =X

Btw my lineup is:

GK:Cech

DC:Mexes

DC:Terry/Carlvalho

DR:Lahm

DL:A.Cole

MC:Lamps

MC:Essien

DMC:Mikel

AML:Jovetic

AMR:Rodriguez

ST:Drogba

I'm not finding the league easy at all. 1st season I finsihed 3rd, my worst ever with Chelsea on all fm's. This year is just as tough, man city, Liverpool man utd and myself are all fighting for it and are all within 2 points of each other.

I sold rick carv to fiorentina for £15.25m. He just wasn't performing for me, so I sold him and plus I want to develop my youngsters. Fans were not happy but I don't care. As frank Sinatra once sang "I did it my way" and that is what I'm doing!!

I've got JT set as a stopper and he's been great for me. Pairing him with Carvalho, my defence was a little shakey in the first season but has really tightened up season two, slowly phasing out Carvalho and bringing in Sakho and Otamendi, with Mancienne as a backup. What youth are you guys bringing through/bringing in?

Archived