FM10: Official Liverpool thread - Home of El Niño

weeeman27bob

Should I sell Damien Plessis?!?! I got lots of offers for him from lower division clubs. He's hot with them.

Has anyone here tried developing him? Would appreciate any comments.

There's far better prospects around than Plessis tbh. I'm concentrating more on Pepper, seems to have better potential!

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had a major overhaul this time out.. Don't like the owners, so decided to go all out and give them a whole lot of debt :)

Sold Voronin, Dossena, Degen, Babel, Benayoun, Lucas, Cavilieri

Brought Areola, De Rossi, Hamsik, Alexis Sanchez, Jovetic, Van Der Vaart, Saurez

Reina / Areola

Johnson - Carragher/Agger - Skrtel/Kryiagkos - Insua/Aurelio

Sanchez/Kuyt - De Rossi/Mascherano - Hamsik/Aquilani - Jovetic/Riera

Gerrard/Van Der Vaart

Torres/Suarez

This is by far the best team ive had going in to the first season, and ive won the first 3 games (albeit against poor teams) so heres hoping number 19 comes home!

OMG! I think i may of had my game of the season.. Liverpool vs Chelsea at Anfield.

Chelsea dominated the first half going into half time 2-0 up.

Half time talk was plain and simple - I expect more in the second half!

Van Der Varrt scored a screamer out of nowhere on the edge of the box which lifted the home team.

Torres bounced back after a poor first half slotting home a header followed by a volley to make it 3-2 to the redmen.

Then manager MH decided to get cocky and bring Areola for Reina for the last 2mins! what happens another screamer from around 25yards by Fat Lampard!

That has been the worst decision i've ever made. And i can't blame the team as they we're fantastic until i go and do that.

Lads, I need a young striker (Not someone like Aguero or Villa) who will be Torres-like in the future. At the moment, Torres is only just back from injury and my other striker is Van Nistelrooy.

Any suggestions?

Romelu Lukaku.. he's 16 and is superb for me usually bring him on for the last 10/15mins and comes up with a goal occasionally.

OMG! I think i may of had my game of the season.. Liverpool vs Chelsea at Anfield.

Van Der Varrt scored a screamer out of nowhere on the edge of the box which lifted the home team.

Torres bounced back after a poor first half slotting home a header followed by a volley to make it 3-2 to the redmen.

Then manager MH decided to get cocky and bring Areola for Reina for the last 2mins! what happens another screamer from around 25yards by Fat Lampard!

That has been the worst decision i've ever made. And i can't blame the team as they we're fantastic until i go and do that.

thats what happens when you get cocky and think the game is won :D remember istanbul and dont do things like that anymore especially when there is only 1 goal in it. if you were 2 or 3 up then yes would of been ok.

I should hope so aswell! ;)

On the Demo there was only a few of us posting in here but not this many :D

Should I sell Damien Plessis?!?! I got lots of offers for him from lower division clubs. He's hot with them.

Has anyone here tried developing him? Would appreciate any comments.

I got rid but for 70K and the fans went crazy because i sold him for so low but i wanted rid and thats all i could get

Just played against Standard in the Champions League and noticed Defour had a good game.. anyone signed him on this?

I havent signed him but Man City have on mine for £10.5M he s not doing too bad for them

Ok almost finished summer transfers, selling Lucas currently as I felt the 9.5m offered from Man City was a good deal, plus he wanted to discuss terms. I have sold Dossena after Spurs bid 5.75m. I have signed plenty of cover, mainly on loan, such as Robert Pires, Milanetto (who may both be old, but Pires has good technical stats and pace isn't too bad, plus Milanetto as a CM can play well as a playmaker if needed.) Kaladze, and I signed Cristaldo on a permanent deal for 1.1m. With the money from Lucas I'm wondering who to get to replace him with. Doubt I'll have much, perhaps 3 or 4m? Any ideas?

Is Mutu ineligable?

And Plessis may aswell be sold.. better youngsters you can get on the cheap tbh.

Also.. Lukaku - 16years old - ST- 3(4) appearances - 3goals. Looks like nice cover for Nando :p

Lukaku :cool:

As they say you learn from your mistakes

Romelu Lukaku.. he's 16 and is superb for me usually bring him on for the last 10/15mins and comes up with a goal occasionally.

I have Lukaku :cool:

Hmmm I managed to get a bid accepted for David Silva, 10m + Lucas. Great deal but I don't have the cash up front. Dirty yanks giving me only 35%.

And this after I have Babel and N'Gog agreed to transfers for a combined 16m, but my budget is only 6m.

Managed to get Ruud for 1.8m tho which I think is a steal.

I know i've had a great start to the season though which is keeping me happy although a win vs Chelsea would of been nice and gained 2 points on them at the top.

The absence of Gerrard hasn't been missed as Van Der Vaart has come in scoring 4 in 3 games (hat-trick against Bolton)

De Maria is guna be out for 4 weeks now which is a blow. So Riera will get a few games for the time being so nto all bad.

lfc7 - I didn't get on much during the demo as i didn't have enough time to play it but i'm back now.

And I may keep my eye on Defour see how he does through out the season and see what's available in the january / summer transfer window.

Van Der Vaart has been great since getting him on loan there is a future fee of 6.25M and may have to snap him up as he's quite versitile.

Ok almost finished summer transfers, selling Lucas currently as I felt the 9.5m offered from Man City was a good deal, plus he wanted to discuss terms. I have sold Dossena after Spurs bid 5.75m. I have signed plenty of cover, mainly on loan, such as Robert Pires, Milanetto (who may both be old, but Pires has good technical stats and pace isn't too bad, plus Milanetto as a CM can play well as a playmaker if needed.) Kaladze, and I signed Cristaldo on a permanent deal for 1.1m. With the money from Lucas I'm wondering who to get to replace him with. Doubt I'll have much, perhaps 3 or 4m? Any ideas?

Buonanotte/VDV/Viera all on loan

lfc7 - It was your wisdom that made me sign Lukaku and he has been a great signing ;) Youngest player to ever score for Liverpool and youngest goal scorer in the Champions League.

Riziger - should offer over 48months mate ;) great deal though i coulda saved 15M if i tried that. but Lucas got sold so his fee provided transfer funds for Silva anyway. :p

I know i've had a great start to the season though which is keeping me happy although a win vs Chelsea would of been nice and gained 2 points on them at the top.

The absence of Gerrard hasn't been missed as Van Der Vaart has come in scoring 4 in 3 games (hat-trick against Bolton)

De Maria is guna be out for 4 weeks now which is a blow. So Riera will get a few games for the time being so nto all bad.

lfc7 - I didn't get on much during the demo as i didn't have enough time to play it but i'm back now

And I may keep my eye on Defour see how he does through out the season and see what's available in the january / summer transfer window.

Van Der Vaart has been great since getting him on loan there is a future fee of 6.25M and may have to snap him up as he's quite versitile.

VDV has been good for me whenever he has come in for Gerrard got a hat trick against QPR in the LC

lfc7 - It was your wisdom that made me sign Lukaku and he has been a great signing ;) Youngest player to ever score for Liverpool and youngest goal scorer in the Champions League.

Riziger - should offer over 48months mate great deal though i coulda saved 15M if i tried that. but Lucas got sold so his fee provided transfer funds for Silva anyway. :p

On my 1st save i started Lukaku was rotating with Torres and getting a few games but then it crashed so when i started again ended up getting Villa so he is only playing in the ressies atm :(

Lucas pain in the a**e could of got Villa for £40M over 48 months plus him but he kept rejecting valencia :mad:

Villa pfft.. could of spent money elsewhere probably could of got Mata and Silva for that price :p

No you can't take away Villa being one of the best strikers in the world and him and Nando upfront are one hell of a strikeforce!

If only you had my Silva sending in the passes and crosses that would be something special!

OK i've tried everything and Reina hasn't put his dummy back in and still wants to leave! I'm waiting for Atletico Madrid to offer 15M and Asenjo! ;)

Villa pfft.. could of spent money elsewhere probably could of got Mata and Silva for that price :p

No you can't take away Villa being one of the best strikers in the world and him and Nando upfront are one hell of a strikeforce!

If only you had my Silva sending in the passes and crosses that would be something special!

OK i've tried everything and Reina hasn't put his dummy back in and still wants to leave! I'm waiting for Atletico Madrid to offer 15M and Asenjo! ;)

Might go for Silva next season as i only have Di Maria at AML (Riera backup but gonna sell) Am rotating Torres and Villa as i only play 1 upfront

Just wondering what instructions did you give Lukaku? i have him learning off Torres but wondering how you play him

Might go for Silva next season as i only have Di Maria at AML (Riera backup but gonna sell) Am rotating Torres and Villa as i only play 1 upfront

Just wondering what instructions did you give Lukaku? i have him learning off Torres but wondering how you play him

Yeah i'll be looking at trying to get Villa next season and switching to 4-4-2 with Silva and De Maria on the attacking wings and Gerrard and Masch in the centre.. That's if i manage to win the league or champions league and get a nice transfer budget to get Villa.

I haven't actually got him learning off anyone yet, but i think i might get him to learn off Torres as he is honoured to be at the same club as him.

I tend to bring him on for Nando if i'm up by 2 goals with 10/15mins to go as often as i can.

He's also available for the reserves to keep him match fit.

I think i'll sell Kuyt and Riera in the summer.. try get Villa or Ashley Young in.. If i can only manage to afford Young as he'll be cheaper i'll have to have Nando upfront on his own with Young and De Maria on the wings and Silva playing just behind Torres and then VDV will have to be cover and Gerrard in the middle.

I don't think you'll be able to mate as it saves onto your computers hard-drive not the Steam account. :(

I'm not using Steam so don't just believe what i say i just imagine that'll be the case.

Also Keko and Koke are the future for my CM's :p That's guna mess with the commentators heads!

Daglish won't stop pestering me saying to sign Modric and he'd be a quality signing - no doubt he would be but i don't bloody want him!

Daglish won't stop pestering me saying to sign Modric and he'd be a quality signing - no doubt he would be but i don't bloody want him!

haha, he keeps telling me to sign players like Tevez, Modric and Young. He's good at finding the emerging talent ;)

I don't think you'll be able to mate as it saves onto your computers hard-drive not the Steam account. :(

I'm not using Steam so don't just believe what i say i just imagine that'll be the case.

Also Keko and Koke are the future for my CM's :p That's guna mess with the commentators heads!

im getting the same but i cant bloody afford him. pepper has been performing quite well after gerrards injury. my tactics i created are doing ok so far, just scraped a victory over tottenham with the small team tactic after another hat-trick by nando final goal in the 89th minute for dramatic effect of course ;) but all in all they seem to be working ive moved into 4th. arsenal are 3rd only above me by +2 goal difference man utd are 2nd only above me on +3 goal difference and chelsea are top by 4 points.

I'm sorry mate i'm sick of your Pepper talk he just isn't doing it for me! Lol.. I might have to start playing him more and get Gerrard to tutor him. Any tips what i can do?

And it's good that your hitting form now.. nice to see Nando getting hat-tricks :D

What size pitch have people chosen? I chose maximum as i play everything out on the wings and expect my wingers to skip past players and get a cross in!

Just battered Rangers 5-1 at the Ibrox - VDV, Insua and Riera getting 1 and Nando getting 2 :D

I'm sorry mate i'm sick of your Pepper talk he just isn't doing it for me! Lol.. I might have to start playing him more and get Gerrard to tutor him. Any tips what i can do?

And it's good that your hitting form now.. nice to see Nando getting hat-tricks :D

What size pitch have people chosen? I chose maximum as i play everything out on the wings and expect my wingers to skip past players and get a cross in!

Just battered Rangers 5-1 at the Ibrox - VDV, Insua and Riera getting 1 and Nando getting 2 :D

my big team tactic just got a result im very happy with. champions league VS olympiakos im expected to lose as im away and my team come up with a 6-2 victory

nando got 2, fleck got one di maria even my forced buy of malouda crept in with a goal and what surprised me is lucas scored a brilliant goal. nando got injured after 15 minutes so i got cocky and brought on pepper 17 passes made 15 completed 1 key and got an assist too :D the previous season i think nando scored like 5 hat-tricks

Ahh screw you.. i'd of beat Chelsea with my super sub keeper if it wasn't for Drogba running into him :p

Great result though :D

Nice team there mate, that formation should suit everyone fine. :D

I think Mascherano has just scored goal of the season against Arsenal at home 30 yard screamer! and it's turned out to be the winner!

Yeah i'll be looking at trying to get Villa next season and switching to 4-4-2 with Silva and De Maria on the attacking wings and Gerrard and Masch in the centre.. That's if i manage to win the league or champions league and get a nice transfer budget to get Villa.

I haven't actually got him learning off anyone yet, but i think i might get him to learn off Torres as he is honoured to be at the same club as him.

I tend to bring him on for Nando if i'm up by 2 goals with 10/15mins to go as often as i can.

He's also available for the reserves to keep him match fit.

I think i'll sell Kuyt and Riera in the summer.. try get Villa or Ashley Young in.. If i can only manage to afford Young as he'll be cheaper i'll have to have Nando upfront on his own with Young and De Maria on the wings and Silva playing just behind Torres and then VDV will have to be cover and Gerrard in the middle.

:thup:

And it's good that your hitting form now.. nice to see Nando getting hat-tricks

Just battered Rangers 5-1 at the Ibrox - VDV, Insua and Riera getting 1 and Nando getting 2

:thup:

Just started my game to.After much thinking i decided to change most of the squad.

The transfers i have made are

So my squad is

]

Some nice signings there mate

Aquilani is now fully fit but is he going to fit into my new setup.. I hope so but got a feeling he isn't.

Some nice ins and outs

Hey yo! Just finished 1st season with a good TREBLE!

League Cup:

After that Semifinal 1st Leg (5x3) against Chelsea, we lost 1x2 in Stamford Bridge, but got qualified cause aggregate 6x5

In the final we faced Arsenal in Wembley and won 1x0 with a Torres' goal

Premier League:

Won the Premier in match 36 against Burnley

85 points, 38 played, 26 won, 7 drawn, 5 lost, 74 goals for (2nd best attack), 27 goals against (best defense).

Manchester United did 78 points and 80 goals for.

Top Goalscorer - Rooney and Tevez (25 each), Torres (21)

Top Assists - Modric (19), Young (15), Kuyt (14)

I got "Premier League Manager of the Year" and Gerrard got "Players' Player of the Year"

Champions League:

1st Knockout Round (Stuttgart) - We won 4x1 (away) and lost 1x3 (home) but qualified on aggregate 5x4.

Quarterfinal (Man United) - We drawn 2x2 (away) and won 3x2 (home) and then qualified for Semifinals.

Semifinal (Chelsea) - We lost incredible 1x3 (home) and we did 3x1 (away) when time was 90+3! But in the extra time they drawn 3x3 with 2 free kicks goals. :mad:

FA Cup:

In 3rd Round we beated Bolton 1x0 (home). 4th Round we faced Cardiff 2x0 (home). 5th Round we won Blackpool 2x0 (home). 6th Round we beated Fulham 1x0 (away). Semifinal against Scunthorpe 4x0 (none) for us.

And in the final we got Chelsea and kicked their ass 3x0 at Wembley! Sweet revenge!

January signings OUT:

Lucas £11M

El Zhar £2M

Insua £7M

January signings IN:

Senderos £2.5M

Källström £2.8M

Kuzmanovic £10M

Hamsik £17M

Van Damme £2.3M

Vargas £12M

Torres was great (51 apps and 42 goals) even he getting almost 2 months injured.

Gerrard was great too (59 apps and 30 goals) but he was better in 1st half season than 2nd.

I'm really satisfied with my tactics but I feel the team aren't good enough for the European competitions. :(

Now let's see how the finances are doing cause I wanna build a better squad for 2nd season!

Ahh screw you.. i'd of beat Chelsea with my super sub keeper if it wasn't for Drogba running into him :p

Great result though :D

Nice team there mate, that formation should suit everyone fine. :D

I think Mascherano has just scored goal of the season against Arsenal at home 30 yard screamer! and it's turned out to be the winner!

they should use video evidence for things like that. droga gets the slightest touch and falls over like he breaks his leg. but if he was mugging people in london it would take at least 5 people to stop him. :D

Right guys! Here are my transfers for the first season, both summer and winter windows.

1stseasontransfers.jpg

I don't see many people buying Ashley Young here. Probably because he's expensive? I got him because I needed to have more Englishmen in the squad as the European quota is screwing me. Imagine having to register Martin Hansen for Champs League. :(

For those who wanna know how Young is doing... No worries! He fits Liverpool like a glove. Just scored an AMAZING SOLO GOAL against Arsenal after Nando got injured in the 1st half. He can play left right center mid and up top. :thup:

ashleyyoung.jpg

Hi Lads,

First post in the liverpool thread. I've started my new game and im only into September in my game but have had a decent enough start to the season. Can anyone who has gotten a couple of seasons in tell me if liverpools financial situation improved for them?

Board takeover or new stadium plans?

Thanks!

sugary88 - I think Ashley Young's price may put some people off. My reason was that i got David Silva instead which seems a good reason not to get Young.

Although i may consider getting Young next season for the simple fact i need more English players!

lfc7 and MH2k....

i tried selling most of the players you guys did. problem is the board are only giving me 30% of my transfer income to spend. pain in the hole.

anyway, i saw someone else say about getting the money in installments and the board dont take the money from you... will this work? if so, i could get all the fees in over 6 months...

'

any ideas?

Matt

matt - Did you do everything on the first day before continuing? and have you got the patch?.. If yes to both.. Then yes in installments you usually get it all.. also sign players in installments over 48months if possible.. if that fails i can only reccomend starting it again.. i got about 30% first game i started but after the update i started a new one and now i'm getting 50% although i may of got more at the start of the game.

drewan (and stevie G) - We'd probably only get about 8quid if we sold him in real life :p

Firstly,i´ts important to say that I´ve never played Fm before.Therefore this is a completely new land to explore.If you have any suggestion or advice for me,please,don´t hesitate to tell me.I´d love to have some help and help,whenever I can.

When I heard that Fm 2010 was out and avaible i was kinda excited.Not that I´m into gaming taht much,but because years ago i was to play Fm 08,and an year ago i was to play fm 09.Both never happened but let´s get to the subject.

I decided to make a season or two with Liverpool,the team I´ve been supporting for six years now.Having a quick look on the squad I was completely shocked.Liverpool,despite being on of the top 4 ,despite finishing second last year and beating the s*** out of some great clubs like Real Madrid,United and Chelsea,has at least in my opinion a very "regular" squad:

1.GK - Reina,Cavalieri,David Martin,Gulacsi

Reina is a great,an overall keeper.He posseses everything a keeper needs to posses.Surely with him around every team will be feeling more secure.Cavalieri is great for a second choice.He's good and his salary it's not a very big one.It's a strange thing to happen,but if those two get an injury that means that i'll have to relay on David Martin.It´s true thaht he´s still a young fella but he doesn´t have the ability nor the potential to be in a team like Liverpool.

2.CD's - Carragher,Kyrgiakos,Agger,Skrtel/U]

Carragher is great.He has great air,mental,defending and physical abilities.He's quite slow,but that's not a big problem having in mind his role.He's little weak in attack but that's not that important.Even though he's 31,Carragher could a first choice for a season or two.

Kyrgiakos is not too diffrent from Carra.He has great mentality,phisique and defender abilities.Little slow,like Jamie and 30 years old,almost like Jamie.Could be a decent first choice.

Agger is the best Liverpool has.He is only 24 and he is great at both attacking adn defending.His a resolute guy which boosts his qualities a bit more.The perfect partner for Jamie..jsut like Skrtel.I personally can't decide who's better.They are almost the same!

So the central defender couple is a good one for now.And it will be.For a season or two.

Probably when Carra and Sotiris become a slower and weaker we will have to be thinking about buying central defenders.

ps Mavinga and San Jose seems to have some potential.

3 - FB's - Aurelio,Insua,Dossena,Johnson

Aurelio is great.He is not some superclass,future star guy but he has everything a fullback needs to have.He has good pace.He fires great free kicks.Crossing, first touch,determination,acceleration,fitness and stamina are all at great levels.

He is not very young tho,which must be considered.

Dossena is awful.Will be sold.

Insua is not much for now,but has the potential.Everybody say that...

On the right side Johnson is the first choice without any doubt.Degen is a problematic guy.As simple as that..

4 - Midfielders - Mascherano,Lucas,Aquilani,Gerrard,Benayoun,Riera

Here we have our two big star guys:Gerrard and Mascherano.Nothing to say about them because they are perfect.I'd like to find some weak points at both Steven and Javier but it's a tough job to do.Probably Mascherano should learn to pass;)

Aquilani is good but not that good.He has godo attacking atributes,he is a good passer and he's quite mobile.Perfect second choice for Gerrard.Lucas is not much but he's good for the bench.Benayoun is a good choice for a winger or a wide midfielder.He has speed,techique and he is quite creative.Plays up to six positions if trained!

Riera is a decent left winger but nothing more.

Riera must be sold.Yossi too,but not right now.

5 - Attackers - Torres,N'gog,Kuyt,Babel,Voronin

No words needed to introduce Torres.N'gog is good the bench and has some future too.Kuyt is good because of the ability to play as a midfielder,winger and striker.

Babel is the special one here.I don't know what to think about this guy.He seems to have great abilities,but he gets only two stars from Sammy.I can keep him or .. I can sell him.I'll sell him:thup:Voronin is bad.

So a good Striker is needed here.He can be bought or brought from the reserves.

So..

My OUTs

Babel - City - 12,5 M

Degen - Stoke - 4 M

Dossena - Fiorentina - 6 M

Voronin - Lyon - Ln fee = 2 M

My INs

Van der Vaart - Real Madrid - Ln fee 1.3 M;Future fee - 8 M

Quality player for almost no money.Good technique,good creativity,good passing ability,great first touch and gigantic long shot (19!).He is young as well.

Joe Mattock - West Brom. - Ln fee 600K;Future fee - 3 M

Marek Hamsik - Napoli - 1 M + 11 M over 48 months

A great player for his age.A great deal as well.

James McEveley - Darby - 100K

Just to fill the bench.Can play as a left full back and as a CD.24 years old.

Guti - Real Madrid - Ln fee - 450K; Future fee - 3 M

Good for the bench and to tutor.

Henri Saivet - Bordeaux - Ln fee 1 M

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/887/transfersliverpool1.jpg

Now,I like managers who use the 4-4-1-1 formation.It's a great way to balance your team for your needs - defend or attack.

There are various options for each position or duties.An feature which allows to create pretty much a machine of your eleven players.Being able to choose the philosophy of your team is actually choosing just how smooth will your machine work.

That's the formation that I will be using and the players I'll be using if everybody are fit:

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/6407/tacticsliverpool.png

Reina will be a goalkeeper with defensive duty.Not much to talk about..

Carragher and Agger will be both central defenders with defensive duty.Not much to talk about neither..

Now,I was having a lot of doubts about my fullbacks.Doubts not about the players to use,but about their duties.After five minutes of discussion with myself,I've figuted out that the best thing to do is to leave them both with Automatic duties.So i done it.

Riera and Kuyt will be wide wingers with attacking duty.If the team needs more support from the flangs Van der Vaart will go behind Torres,Guti will play where Rafa and Gerrard will be supporting from the right flang.For now - attacking duty for both.

Van der Vaart will be playing as a advanced playmaker willing to attack.He has everything to do the job.He's good at it.

Mascherano will be the typical ball fighter.As Fm named it,he will be playing as Ball winning midfielder with defensive duty.When needing more attacking power he will be supporting.

Right behind Torres comes Stevie G.I was wondering which will be the best role for him.

Firstly I wa s about to chooce between inside forward or advanced playmaker.But i figured out that what i really want from the captain is to dictate the game and create spaces for the team.This is the role of the trequartista.So this is.

Torres will be an advanced forward with attacking duty.He will be a target man as well.

Passing style - short

Creative freedom - default

Closing down - mroe

Tackling,Marking and Crossing - default

Roaming - more

My first game In the Prem was against Everton.A team that,in my opinion will be fighting for the top 3 this season.It was a hard game.The main problem for us came from Tim Cahill.Thsi guy is a devil!His passing,his shooting and his movement were devastating for my defence.His partner,Jo,fits very well to Everton's scheme of play.They have a great partnership with Cahill and proved it times and times.The game finished 3 - 2 for Liverpool.The second and the third games were against Wigan and Hull.Despite the result (1 - 0),my team crushed Wigan.I think that the result could easly be 4 ot 5 to 0..

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/5866/newbitmapimage3.jpg

Cheers to everyone.Good night and enjoy this great game;):thup:

Archived