FM10: Official Liverpool thread - Home of El Niño

weeeman27bob

Beat Utd 4-2 in the next game

Torres got all four

Well in

lfc7 I'd love to agree with you hating the blue ***** but most my family are blue's and i've got a horrible feeling my son is going to be one aswell!

Just beat Spurs 3-2 was 2-1 until 86th min then Defoe popped up and equalised then Super Dirk came out of nowhere in the 90+3 min and scored a peach.

Just had loads of bad experiences with blue noses at the derby e.t.c my son is a red ive told him its that or he dosent like football harsh i know but if he wore the shirt from down the road my life would be over haha

sorry i cant see the screen it seems the filter system wont allow me to view it.

EDIT: uh oh here we go again. with my sucess with pepper i had another look through the reserves and my training with lauri dalla valle seemed to have payed off. i brought him on at half time (along with pepper of course during the fulham game in the premiership right after.

anyone care to guess what happened? thats right dalla valle debut goal.

Ask rafa if you can join the yth coaches at anfield

@lfc7

Here's my Pepper. Shake it, mama, shake it. Why so different from yours!

Edit: Did you get Gerrard to tutor him since start of game?

pepper.jpg

Dont know i did get Gerrard to tutor him from the start plus i am using tugs traing which seem to have boosted his stats up a bit

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nice. i like dalla valle. he's my sub striker at the moment cause im a bit thin on the ground. i have high hopes for these two now. gonna get stuck in when i get home tonight before i have to head out to training.

actually, im away home now, this is my last week so i couldnt possibly care less!!! wooo

Well it's December 20th and three days before United come to Anfield, Liverpool are off to Goodison Park for the local derby.

Liverpool are currently in first place, one point ahead of United as they lost their game in hand to Chelsea!

If Liverpool can beat United it will be a great advantage. :D

Strange that i play them both together over christmas and then they're my last two games of the season aswell!

Liverpool are to play CSKA Moscow in the Champions League Knockout Round - pleased with that draw although they're no pushovers.

lfc7 Might just send him to boarding school if he doesn't support us. :p

i have developed my own training schedules maybe that has something to do with it but now premier league game against wolves ive gone very risky. delfounso up front, ian franks (regen 16) on the right wing, pepper AMC, cristeg dmc with mascherano and cavalieri in goal. lets see if this risk pays off dalla valle on the bench.

Well it's December 20th and three days before United come to Anfield, Liverpool are off to Goodison Park for the local derby.

Liverpool are currently in first place, one point ahead of United as they lost their game in hand to Chelsea!

If Liverpool can beat United it will be a great advantage.

Strange that i play them both together over christmas and then they're my last two games of the season aswell!

Liverpool are to play CSKA Moscow in the Champions League Knockout Round - pleased with that draw although they're no pushovers.

lfc7 Might just send him to boarding school if he doesn't support us.

Haha

Just beat Everton at Goodison going into the biggest game of the season against United at Anfield.

Torres, Kuyt and Silva secured a 3-0 victory against the Bluenoses.

Nice one

Just off for me tea

Catch ya in abit mate ;)

Haha - anyone tried playing the Sweeper Keeper role? Considering using it when i'm winning about 4-0!

Liverpool have extended their lead at the top with a 3-1 victory over Man United!

They are now 4points clear of United after Fernando Torres got two goals in the first half hour.

Berbatov pulled one back for United just before half time, then Dirk Kuyt finished the game on 80mins after a lovely cross from David Silva.

disappointingly, pepper's stats in my game are pretty poor. i've set up my own youth training schedules which should hopefully help him along. fingers crossed. have to bear in mind that Stevie G is 18 months into his game and im at the start of my first season so his Pepper is gonna be better than mine. haha!

Which position to you guys think Gerrard is best deployed?

I currently have him in centre mid, using the box to box option. The team seem to be playing well with Mascherano as ball winning midfield (defensive) but Gerrard has not scored one goal yet in 9 appearances.

matt - For the last time Pepper is poor! end of story another word of him i'm retiring as Liverpool manager :p

Gerrard as a CM with duty to support or AMC with duty to attack. works best for me i find.

F.A cup vs derby derby go 1 up. nando equalises 8 minutes to go i bring off lucas and put on dalla valle. up front as a complete forward. he pelts into space kuyt knocks the ball forward dalla valle beats one player passes to nando brilliantly 89 minutes nando puts the game to sleep. 2-1 pool dalla valle brilliant pass. he is getting into the team more often as well as pepper now :)

EDIT: i play gerrard as AMC trequartista he supplys plenty of assits for nando to get the goals from. PEPPER also plays well there for me ;)

also MH2K dalla valle is breaking into my team as well now be prepared for more success from my youth. what makes a youth player great? the tactics, potential training or a combination of the above?

Which position to you guys think Gerrard is best deployed?

I currently have him in centre mid, using the box to box option. The team seem to be playing well with Mascherano as ball winning midfield (defensive) but Gerrard has not scored one goal yet in 9 appearances.

I use him as an Inside Forward set to Attack.

31(1) Apps, 18 Gls, 16 Asts, 7 MoM :o

Usually sub both him and Torres around 60-70 min mark if I have a midweek game coming up. Of course, I do so when I'm leading. LOL. Not like Rafa.

Nice result :) I think it's time i bring the likes of Dalla Valle and Pacheco up to play in the cups.

My best youth line-up is:

Areola

Darby Otamendi Mavinga Mattock

Pepper Koke

Di Maria Pacheco Salvio

Lukaku

according to my assistants advice. that's quite a nice team actually.

My first team is lacking a Right footed AMR, MC and LB.. all of my assitants picks are 2stars in them positions.. everyone else is 3 and above.

Just approaching December, and using part of the 4.8m the board gave me, I've agreed to sign 20 year old striker Guido Marilungo, who was listed, but looks good and I believe potentially he can do well for me, plus he only cost 650k :). Check him out.

Adam C - Yeah he does look like a nice bargain actually :thup:

stevie G - Ok well i'll probably sell Pacheco as you seem to know your stuff about the youth teams ;)

1-1 with Villa and we're in the 92nd min.. Kuyt again scores a cracking winner in the last few seconds of the game! :D

Carragher and Gerrard both picked up there 5th yellow card so i'll be without them for my next game against Wolves so not all bad.

it seems my success with these youth players is sparking a wenger style of management among the thread members :D

FWIW i sold pachecho as i didnt believe he would be good enough to become a regular as he didnt impress me one bit.

I was wondering. Would anyone of you sell off your star players like Gerrard Carragher etc? Just like what Wenger did with Henry and Viera... Selling people off once they're beginning to hit 30. Fergie did so too with Ronaldo and plenty of other stars over the years. Jaap Stam, Nistelrooy etc. Beckham too.

I am feeling tempted. You know, without a Gerrard, it would open up lots of opportunities for others. My personal stand is: Win the Champions League + League and I'll sell my stars and begin building another team.

What about you guys?

dont get me wrong pacheco would make a decent squad player if he would of gotten the first team football required to develop but the way he was playing he wasnt getting it at anfield.

as for saric he looks like he could be decent but never good enough for a starter. sub player at best im not going to bother trying to bring out the best in him.

EDIT: sell gerrard? carragher? nando? hell no. they are with me until they retire no matter if they drop to bsp quality.

kuyt, benny and the like will be sold next season to make way for younger talent.

aquilani has been shipped out to juve on my save. got tired of him under-performing this season. if they dont make the move permanent i will not stop until he leaves the club.

currently in the champions league first knock out stage against zenit 2nd leg at anfield. i must win or get 0-0 for an extra time-penalty scenario.

I don't think Aqulani performs well at all on it - He's struggle to get ahead of Gerrard, VDV or Mascherano and when i get a new CM i think he'll be on his way.

I hope to god he performs well IRL he looked good against Arsenal last week.

Sell Gerrard and Carragher! That's just insane - i couldn't care less if they we're injured for 2years i'd still pay the wages and let then sit in the stands at every match :p

Just released practically my whole under-18's squad as most of there potential was half a star!

Darby, Spearing, Ayala, El Zhar are all up for sale for less than half there value as again potential ability is only 1star.

Liverpool have broke the record in the Premier League by going the most games won in a row - currently at 15 games Liverpool hope to extend their run and carry on winning.

Stevie G, I'm at around the same date as you. The Champs League is exciting!!! Real life and in FM. :D

Especially in the knockout stages.

About selling star players, I don't Torres. LOL. I mean players hitting 30 or over 30. Like Carra Aurelio Gerrard Benayoun. For me, I'll sell Gerrard if an offer of > 35m comes in. :X

Bad... But it's challenging.

Catch ya in abit mate

Haha - anyone tried playing the Sweeper Keeper role? Considering using it when i'm winning about 4-0!

You and your tweaks didnt you learn from Areola ;)

Liverpool have extended their lead at the top with a 3-1 victory over Man United!

They are now 4points clear of United after Fernando Torres got two goals in the first half hour.

Berbatov pulled one back for United just before half time, then Dirk Kuyt finished the game on 80mins after a lovely cross from David Silva.

Nice win

F.A cup vs derby derby go 1 up. nando equalises 8 minutes to go i bring off lucas and put on dalla valle. up front as a complete forward. he pelts into space kuyt knocks the ball forward dalla valle beats one player passes to nando brilliantly 89 minutes nando puts the game to sleep. 2-1 pool dalla valle brilliant pass. he is getting into the team more often as well as pepper now :)

EDIT: i play gerrard as AMC trequartista he supplys plenty of assits for nando to get the goals from. PEPPER also plays well there for me ;)

also MH2K dalla valle is breaking into my team as well now be prepared for more success from my youth. what makes a youth player great? the tactics, potential training or a combination of the above?

Wenger i mean Stevie G nice win

matt - For the last time Pepper is poor! end of story another word of him i'm retiring as Liverpool manager :p

Gerrard as a CM with duty to support or AMC with duty to attack. works best for me i find.

Poor Pepper

I was wondering. Would anyone of you sell off your star players like Gerrard Carragher etc? Just like what Wenger did with Henry and Viera... Selling people off once they're beginning to hit 30. Fergie did so too with Ronaldo and plenty of other stars over the years. Jaap Stam, Nistelrooy etc. Beckham too.

I am feeling tempted. You know, without a Gerrard, it would open up lots of opportunities for others. My personal stand is: Win the Champions League + League and I'll sell my stars and begin building another team.

What about you guys?

Ive never actually thought of it but might consider doing it on one of the many Liverpool saves ill have but i'd never sell Torres

Is anyone else sick of Aquilani? I'm midway through November, and he's made 2 substitute appearances and is now injured again. On my calculations, he has cost me £1.6m in wages...

Hes made a few wapperances for me not done too bad

Yo everybody! Almost getting January so decided to let you know how my I'm doing the 2nd season so far.

Premier League:

We're still top with 1 match and 6 points ahead of Tottenham

51 points, 20 played, 16 won, 3 drawn, 1 lost (Man City 4x2 away), 45 goals for, 9 goals against

L'pool 1x0 Chelsea

Everton 1x1 L'pool

L'pool 2x0 Arsenal

L'pool 1x0 United

Top Goalscorer - Torres 16 (3 ahead of Wolves' Kevin Doyle)

Top Assists - Modric 12 (3 ahead of L'pool's Cazorla)

Every month Dalglish recommends Spurs' Modric! It's getting me annoyed!

Maybe next season I should sign him. What you guys say?

Champions League Group:

Inter 0x1 L'pool

L'pool 1x1 Fenerbahçe

L'pool 1x0 Red Star

Red Star 0x4 L'pool

L'pool 1x2 Inter

Fenerbahçe 2x2 L'pool

Inter and Reds qualified for 1st K.O. which we'll face Lyon! I'm sure it finally will be the first Euro challenge for my squad. I hope we can defeat them.

League Cup:

(3rd Round) L'pool 2x0 Sunderland

(4th Round) L'pool 1x0 Stoke

(Qtr final) Preston 0x3 L'pool

FA Cup 3rd Round is about to begin in January!

So we're still alive in all comps and I'll battle for them again.

Btw the signings that I've made in early season are doing great!

Zapata - avg. rate 7.24, Corluka - avg. rate 7.12, Veloso - avg. rate 7.07

Cazorla - 24 apps, 12 assists (squad's top)

Dzeko - 9 apps, 9 goals, avg. rate 7.42 (did very well when Torres got injured)

That's it for now! I'll continue and maybe post the January transfers if any.

lfc7 - True i think Sweeper Keeper would be the worst thing i could ever do tbh after the last embarresement i had.

Just released practically my whole under-18's squad as most of there potential was half a star!

Darby, Spearing, Ayala, El Zhar are all up for sale for less than half there value as again potential ability is only 1star.

Liverpool have broke the record in the Premier League by going the most games won in a row - currently at 15 games Liverpool hope to extend their run and carry on winning.

-- Transfer window opens again and i'm debating whether to sell Kuyt, Riera and Aquilani now and sign Young for 20M or wait until the end of the season thoughts?

Is anyone else sick of Aquilani? I'm midway through November, and he's made 2 substitute appearances and is now injured again. On my calculations, he has cost me £1.6m in wages...

If he'd agree to unlearn his shoots from distance PPM hed be good, but right now hes getting paid £80k a week for blasting the ball off target.

Id love Gerrard to unlearn his too really as he also has many long shots off target, luckily he makes up for them tho i'd like to get even more assist from him tbh.

Aquilani hasn't done badly really at all in my side, threatens from range, plays well as my sort've xabi alonso replacement, and gets forward well at times too. Plus i believe he needs time to settle and I reckon I will keep him for next season, probably as back up, but he's still a good player.

Stats: Played 7 (1) scored 2 Assisted 1 Average 7.05

I just got a fantastic draw in the FA Cup Quarters. Managed to evade all Premiership teams and got a home tie against L1 Southampton. Rubbing my hands in gleeeeee~ Alright, last game for today - against Lyon away (so realistic?) - before I prepare to watch Champs League on TV. Nights guys! It's 3am here over in Asia.

Edit: Looks great. Your 8 options. Pretty confident it will work out well. Heh.

do you have cover for the positions those players normally play in? if you do and are not likely to hit an injury crisis i say go for it.

Yeah i think i'll have adaquate cover - If i can make VDV permanant in the summer and get Ashley Young and possibly Huddlestone in january.

I'll have; Young, Silva, Di Maria, Salvio, Gerrard, VDV, Huddlestone and Mascherano. So that gives me 8 options with 5 of them playing.

Yeah i think i have adaquate cover - If i can make VDV permanant in the summer and get Ashley Young and possibly Huddlestone in january.

I'll have; Young, Silva, Di Maria, Salvio, Gerrard, VDV, Huddlestone and Mascherano. So that gives me 8 options with 5 of them playing.

then i say go for it. let us know how it turns out

I just got a fantastic draw in the FA Cup Quarters. Managed to evade all Premiership teams and got a home tie against L1 Southampton. Rubbing my hands in gleeeeee~ Alright, last game for today - against Lyon away (so realistic?) - before I prepare to watch Champs League on TV. Nights guys! It's 3am here over in Asia.

dont under-estimate them and put on a weakened side thinking the game is won. ive made that mistake before and had to bring on the big names to salvage a replay.

Hi to everybody! How are ya?I'll need you help since I can't resolve my current problem by myself.But let's start from the beging..

The next game after the first four was against Birmingham.The main problem for my team was the 3 match ban that the FA gave to both Carragher and Kyrgiakos for being directly sent off teh last game against Wolves.Now,I was wondering reasonably long time who to start with.Skrtel was in perfect health and he was the first guy to complete the central couple of the defence.Now i could choose between Ayala and Martin Kelly whose natural position is as a central defender.I can't give you the exact reason why i chose Kelly but it was proved to be wrong once the game versus Birmingham started.

Kelly was very error prone and the goals Birmingham scored were really his fault.His morale was good but his performance a disaster.The good news were that Fernando Torres was back from 3 weeks injury which kept him outside teh squad.

I chose to start with the 4-4-1-1 formation and no big changes were made.The only change ( not counting the central couple one) was that Marek Hamsik started in Van der vaart's place.

Mascherano was his partner at the center while Yossi Benayoun and Riera played as wide midfielders at the right and left sides resp.Behind them were Aurelio and Johnson.Gerrard started behind Torres as always.

startingelevenbirmingha.jpg

The game started as I expected.Liverpool was fully dominating since the very begining of the game.A lot long shots were missed by Van der Vaart,Hamsik and Gerrard,who looked sharp as never looked before in his new role as a advanced playmaker.He scored the first goal in the game.

Torres was back from the injury as said and what a way to show himself! He scored a hat-trick!

So final score:

finalscorel.jpg

Could someone give any clue on how to get my defence better? I played only 5 games which i won but let score 5 goals!

Otherwise is a great mistake not to buy a veteran just in case.Big Sami is coming back in January.:D

Will do, that's if Villa will accept 20M for Young i offered it to test out before and they agreed so it's a matter of rasing the funds to get him now.

Huddlestone is about 4.5M so i'll need to raise around 25M for the three of them and then that depends how much the board scam off me i have around 8M available at the moment so i might just make it.

Mitov, I don't know how to really help but I have an advice if you ever run into a bad patch of form.

Just play your best available 11 and a settled formation. Reduce your attacking level slightly. Try to rough it out, a couple of hard fought 3 points gets the team going again. :D

By the way,the reason for which i didn't sub Kelly was that at 2 - 2 at halftime i substituted Riera and Benayoun for Guti and Van der Vaart.I also removed Mascherano for N'gog who has been playing amazingly so far.

4-3-1-2 is amazing when you want to dominate a weaker opponent.Right after i changed the scheme of play Birmingham went to a defensive stand which proves it.Cheers.Will write after the Milan - Real Madrid game.

Archived