All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Just a story of my day I think I am about to get sacked for the first time this year, started a new save (unemployed) and ended up with Santa Eulalia in the Spanish Segunda Federacion (III) the team was not great but I was determined to try a low tempo system as im normally a scholar of the Klopp school of heavy metal football (a preference from real life not the meta choice) and despite loosing the 1st 3 games I was quite happy the team where playing well but just finding themselves unlucky or straight up out matched but we where getting into a rhythm and we hit a nice Yellow patch finally getting 2 points on the bored with 2 draws in games were we should of won but low moral and cohesion was clearly at play. The date was 18/2/24 and we where at home against top of the table Andratx and the system clicked, with in 15mins we where 3-0 up and finished the game 5-2 our first win and in style, we then had a draw against 4th place Lleida Esportiu and rounded February out with 6 points and only 2 points off getting out of the relegation zone. March has been the counter to this, 3 losses and not even much positive to see, my keepers (all 3) cant seem to save a shot all of them seeming to have hands made of liquid and suddenly my players have stopped marking players in the box the results all losses by 2+ goals, 3-1, 2-0 and finally a 4-1 and my job is Insecure with 6 games left and I don't think the team have another good run in them, Injuries have decided to hit hard and no ability to replace my weak keepers has cost us points but I noticed March has been miserable since about 7 first team players said "hay were going to explore our options at the end of our contract" since them NON of these players have managed over a 6.6, its really left me in the lurch. Our luck and lack of keeper ability has really been shown in the XG table where we are predicted 13th instead of 17th with 4 less goals than expected and a whopping +9 conceded! Despite this I wont be stopping the style of play I made this save for that reason but i am open to advise of feedback from any successful low tempo users, the tactic actually seems quite solid in game i just dont think i have the players
  3. I've been using screenflow and filters a lot more. It can get tedious, but I am finding players my scouts should be finding, and some they wouldn't.
  4. Preview -- -- Lillestrøm are doing very well following their promotion from OBOS-ligaen and are 7th in Eliteserien. We've prepared thoroughly and are ready to go to the Åråsen Stadion and do our best to try and win the match. Runar Norheim is ruled out after twisting his ankle in training but everybody else is available for selection. -- Expected Line-up
  5. At 28 of May or something like that? You have selected all leagues at beginning? You can also send a mp in cmpt or talking to me in discord
  6. Clive English - Back to the motherland - APOP Geroskipou March 2037 A 3-1 win against Aris Limassol in the first leg of the cup semi final allowed Clive to play a rotated squad in the second leg, that ended in a draw to see Geroskipou to their first ever Cypriot Cup Final. In the league, a tight 3-2 win against Nea Salamina was soured by a 3-1 loss against AEL in a game that they really should have won on paper. Table The gap was now at 4 points, although Geroskipou had a match in hand thanks to fixture congestion. A win would see them go within a point of top spot. Fixtures Alki was a winnable match. And if Geroskipou were serious about the title, Omonoia and APOEL were also must win games.
  7. Today
  8. Thank you for your enthusiasm! I'm currently finalizing some details to ensure the best possible experience for players like you. While I don't have an exact release date just yet, rest assured that I'm working hard to bring this database to you as soon as possible. Keep an eye out for updates, and you'll be among the first to know when it's ready to play. Thank you for your patience, and get ready for an epic footballing adventure!
  9. I mean that's just not true. CPU is everything in FM. How much is used of course will depend on how many leagues you have running and the detail level selected. Check out the benchmarking thread to see the difference a better CPU makes. RAM i've not overly sure on, FM seems to just use whatever you have. Not sure it actually impacts performance. Get yourself over to the benchmarking thread and run the tests. You could then take out a stick of RAM and see if it makes any difference. Even accounting for losing out on dual channel I doubt it will make too much difference. Happy to be proved wrong though Your test results would be greatly appreciated
  10. I think my solution to this would be to make it harder to know a player's attributes. For example, if I scout a player for three matches and he doesn't score, how should I know that his finishing is a 15? If I never see him take a penalty, how should I know that his penalty rating is a 14? I've always found that aspect of the game to be inaccurate. There are certain physical skills that should should be able to get a good read on. Speed, strength, jumping, heading, passing, etc. Even most of the mentals. But in real life, a club doesn't really know what they have in a player 100% until they sign him and he starts training with the team and playing in games. Only them should the full scope of his abilities be known, I think. Either that, or you scout him for a full season, or most of it, and he scores 16 goals and you've got a pretty good idea that he's a good finisher. I think that would accomplish the goal of making scouting harder without needing the changes that have been made to recruitment focuses. I get around this in my saves by using the Just Skin Attributeless skin. But I'm tempted to go back to a skin that shows the attributes just because so few guys come through the recruitment focuses.
  11. End of Transfer Window We made four more signings to round off the first window. Jordan Cropper joined as a backup right back from Cardiff Met Uni, also giving us a long throw option if required with his 17 long throws. Also in defence, we signed Noah Watson on loan from Dungannon, who can play centre back and left back. Our final two signings were made on deadline day - young midfielder Nick Burton on loan from Derby, and then in the final hours, we were still looking for a backup striker. The player of choice, having looked through possible loan options but not finding a suitable option, was Zack Clarke, who had become Llandudno's record goalscorer during my time at the club. He's not great for this level, but can hopefully do a job as a backup. After a win in our first game against Kerry, as well as a 4-0 thrashing of lower-league Tolka in the Munster Senior Cup, we lost the next two games and weren't really competitive in either. From the three goals scored in our league matches, two of them were from centre-backs and the other was an own goal, so the forward players aren't firing. It's looking like it could be a long and difficult season, despite being predicted to finish 5th by the media. However, the board's expectations are only to avoid finishing bottom of the league, so there should be no issues in terms of job security. I have coursework deadlines and an exam coming up so updates may be limited for the next week or so, but they'll be provided asap.
  12. This game relies on the top leagues. And those teams there have a lot of resources - like scouts. In many countries. What about teams a few tiers lower? Or from smaller countries? Could there be a new way to "scout"? In this method team buys services from a scout or a scouting company. That scout or company has its list of counties it knows. For instance. A team from a smaller European country tries to find cheaper, but skilled players. In Africa there are a lot of them, and a lot of them want to come to Europe (bigger wages!). Team buys a service like this - send us four midfielders from country X for a try-out. They all must fit into our first eleven. Why this suggestion? I'm pretty sure that many smaller European teams don't have their own scouts in Africa. Still quite a lot of players come from there. So, there has to be a way to get "extra" scouting services. How much would it cost? Maybe double compared to using your own scout.
  13. You could save yourself time and headaches if you download some already out there. Here's one for example. You could even study what they've done to help you understand what you need to do, if you want to just use your own version.
  14. The time savings for a smaller db are outweighed by the competitiveness gained from having the right database size and loaded leagues. Unless absolutely necessary due to a terrible PC/laptop id always recommend having all the key European leagues loaded plus the top south American ones.
  15. Hopefully so, I don't wanna be in this fourth tier any longer! As has been the same for every early season update, I come to you after 11 games which means we are into November during the game! I am glad to say, this is the best we've performed so far after 11 games, spending the big money has been worthwhile as the results have been fruitful! Whilst not being perfect, the results and the games have been pleasing. Even with the losses, the games have been good by us. It seems we're done being a poor team and this year we mean business. Despite scoring 28 goals in 11, unbelievably we're not the top scorers in the Group! The team we beat 4-2 Formentera they lead the Group with 30! So we're only two back at this stage but all the goals have led to positive results. This is where it all started to go wrong last season after a really good start. I gotta make sure that we don't fall into mediocrity again. All this good success has come at a price though! Last year we were spending around £550k a year on wages and were about 12th in the table spending wise. Now we've skyrocketed up. All this extra spending is putting a big strain on our finances though... We have a few players with a release clause of a milly, I maybe wouldn't mind one of them being triggered to clear our balance which will continue to dwindle, unfortunately. Until next time.
  16. A Roman Regionnaire --- So here we are, we have taken up our post as manager of the Romans as we replace the outgoing Jerry Gill. Things are going to be tough as after setting up the player search filter we are currently only attracting around 40ish players who would be interested in talking to us. Oh and that includes players that are already at the club. This is certainly going to be interesting! --- After some extensive trialling of various players and searching the player search filter with a fine tooth comb we have managed to make four additions to our squad. F First through the door is Joseph Wragg who joins on a free transfer following his release from Bideford. The 19 year old winger was born in Exeter and was on the books at Exeter for three years as a youngster before he was released. He's not elite by any means but he's young enough to improve and he is fairly quick. With virtually no wingers at the club he is a much needed signing for squad depth. Next up we welcomed Josh Leslie-Smith to Twerton Park after he was released by Weymouth. A very solid centre back who has spent the last two years playing in the National League so he adds huge quality to our back line. The 23 year old was born in Bournemouth and came through the ranks at Poole Town. A surprise signing of sorts as we were able to finalise a loan deal for Jack Endacott. When he eventually showed up on the the player search as being interested I could see he had huge interest from National League clubs but both Jack and Plymouth were keen for his development to be with us and we were able to secure a one year loan deal. Endacott was born in Plymouth and he adds more squad depth as he's able to play at both left wing back and left attacking midfield. He will get plenty of game time for us. Our final signing of the summer was the arrival of Jack Carter on a season long loan deal from Forest Green Rovers. More of a depth signing as we didn't have a replacement right back but he will do a job. Born in Swindon the 18 year old has come through the ranks at Forest Green and spent last season out on loan at Melksham Town. --- With our summer business seemingly done here is how our squad has taken shape. Plenty of options in all positions but the squad is still quite small which means that if we start piling up the injuries we could be in trouble. I'll be looking for the likes of Elliott Frear, Jordan Dyer and Cody Cooke to put in some big performances for us this season. Ignore George Dowling being in the squad, he has been on trial with us but he wants £900pw and that is not happening. --- Just before we round off this post, here is the system we will look to play. Nothing special and certainly nothing complicated given the level of football we are operating at. We will look to use the width and play balls in behind with some quick wingers. Cooke is quite a physical presence up top which means that we can use mixed crosses to vary our delivery.
  17. Good luck, had some nice visits to Bath in the past, so I've a soft spot for the city.
  18. Like is it updated? I can still select it at a new game. But I'll save it again with the most recent update just to be sure
  19. It's going to be tough! Only about 40 players interested in playing for me at the moment and that includes all players at the club!
  20. Monday 16th October 2023 — Michael Williamson scores twice for Cumbria's Under-21's against North Macedonia, unfortunately it's not enough to win as the youngsters go down 5-4 at home. Tuesday 17th October 2023 — Adam Walton has suffered a training ground thigh injury, he will be out for two weeks. - Ashton Powell comes in at right-back to replace the injured Walton for tomorrow's game at Kendal County, my only change from the defeat to Kirkby Stephen last time out. Wednesday 18th October 2023 - Back to winning ways after defeat last time out. Whilst we didn't have that much of the ball, we made it count much more than County, fashioning some great chances. It took until the 72nd minute for one of those chances to ripple the net. Sean Law arriving late in the area to slam the ball in from twelve yards, the midfielders third goal of the season. Friday 20th October 2023 — Getting ready for the 25-mile trip to Greystoke tomorrow, my scout advises me the opposition lack pace and are poor at marking, so I've tweaked the roles in my usual 442; Adam Main will pay as a deep-lying forward, looking to drop off and fashion chances for himself and Jackie Millburn up front. My hope is that him being deeper and being told to hold the ball up will draw the defenders out of position and allow Millburn and the wingers either side of them to have more room to operate. — The media are questioning whether midfielder Taylor Charters deserves to keep his place in the national team. He's only started once for Carlisle this season and looks to me as if he would benefit from a loan to get regular football. Saturday 21st October 2023 — An absolutely stellar first half an hour as we tore the hosts to pieces. My tactical tweaks paid dividends as Adam Main scored the opener just three minutes in when he was at hand to cap a fine team move from close range. Jack Millburn doubled up eight minutes later with a 25 yard screamer, his third of the campaign. Sixteen-year-old full-back Ashton Powell, who you may remember, scored a last gasp equaliser in the Visit Cumbria cup game against Kirkby Lonsdale recently; was again on the scoresheet when his sixteenth minute drive went in off the post. Karl Brown, who was being forced to play at left-back rather than his more natural central defence role, due to Andre Tamplin being suspended, scored a stunning 25 yard strike. Greystoke did improve after that and managed to half the deficit, but we had enough control to prevent any serious concerns of a comeback and hold on for an important three points as we reclaim third place in the First Division. Sunday 22nd October 2023 — The reserves lose 1-0 to Burneside. — Here is the weekly round up of Cumbrian players in action; Next Week — Another double header this week as we host both Endmoor and Gosforth at St Mungo's. Both of those sides are languishing in the bottom half of the table so I'm hoping we can take advantage of our game in hand and climb to the top of the First Division for the first time this season.
  21. As a fellow South-Wester excited to follow this mate!
  22. If he becomes a staff member you should try signing him
  23. Thanks mate. I'm really enjoying it so far; I've played a lot of lower leagues but have never started in Germany (usually I'm unemployed journeyman with no badges and the league rep is too good in Liga 3). Feels like massive overachievement so far but we'll take it.
  24. Season 2023 / 24 - 3.Liga November 2023 Results Lubeck away for the first game of the month without the talismanic Zeroli and the performance was lethargic first half and we went in deservedly behind. Second half we pushed the defensive and attacking lines forward and increased the press and a blockbuster from Schifferl got us level in the 90th minute and then two minutes later Krattenmacher seized on a defensive error to sweep the ball home for a smash and grab win. This was followed up with another scraped win against Erzgebirge, again we went behind and again came back in the second half with a Schwabl penalty and a superb curling effort from the edge of the box from Stark to win it. It would be a much needed two week break before the next game, the derby against 1860 Munchen Zeroli and Maier were still out so it was down to Stark and Rzatkowski to marshall the midfield. Turco was also in for a start after a good showing off the bench against Erzgebirge and the Italian rewarded his selection with a brace before half time sandwiched either side of an opportunist striker by Krattenmacher for a commanding and deserved 3-0 lead. Hoffman made it 4-0 just after half time and despite conceding on the hour it was a comprehensive win. Only three games in the month but three wins put us on the top of the table again. Table December 2023 Results and Stuff Another big win to start the month, Hallescher took the lead (which was becoming a theme) but it was a dominant performance again with Krattenmacher and Turco scoring again in a 3-1 win. Dresden away next and a win in this one could give us a real gap at the top of the table. We went into it three points clear and avoiding defeat would be a perfect result. We setup to go toe to toe with Dresden but were completely overwhelmed in the midfield and despite going ahead early on conceded a swift leveller and were behind before half time. They made it three early into the second half and despite a late second we never troubled them and went down to a 3-2 loss. After the Dresden game, our second permanent deal of the season was struck and again after a period on trial, Ovie Ejaria joins on a free after recovering from cruciate ligament damage. He’d offer a bit of quality and depth on the left and behind the striker. Next up, Munster and despite being hugely on top throughout we were wasteful in front of goal and were hit on the counter after Krattenmacher’s penalty had put us ahead and had to settle for a point. A little bit of a wobble and again it was tired legs and a lack of quality in the squad depth that were being shown up. Regensburg next and the last game before the winter break and importantly the opening of the transfer window.Despite going into it with a few jaded players, we worked hard for a 2-0 win. After a goalless first half, Turco headed home a Zeroli cross for the first and Krattenmacher ripped one in from 25 yards to have us finishing December top and after all three teams below us dropped points we’d go into the winter break with a five-point cushion over Dresden. Results Summary Table Winter Break | Thoughts and Things Crikey. This was going a lot better than expected. The players that we've got in have gelled perfectly and getting Rzatowski in to play as a ball winner in the midfield has given license for both Krattenmacher and Zeroli to do so much damage in the opposing third. According to my albeit not great rated coaches, Zeroli has progressed to a level where he'd be a regular in the Bundesliga and Krattenmacher a top Bundasliga 2 performer. The squad definitely needs a few adding; finances still aren't great however and it'll definitely be loans in the window. Getting rid of Fetsch in September freed up some wage budget and we could look to hopefully get the right players in to maintain this (whisper it) title challenge. In the words of Morpheus: Oh. The board and fans are happy with things as well. Next Up January. Results and window.
  1. Load more activity