Official Oxford United Thread: 8.0.2

dexta200

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi boys, quick update, things going really well played 40 league games just top by 2 points and also in fa trophy final.

my starting 11 (normally) is; forecast (loan) carruthers (brought from bristol rovers) brown (reading) cox (crewe) diallo (mk dons) savage (free) jody morris (free) rose (new contract) grendal (dubnica) hoskins (loan from watford) green (loan from cardiff)

subs; seyfo soley, ray parlour, emil salomonnson (old favourite) barry quinn, micheal ricketts (free) victor moses (loan from palace) rhys wiggins (loan from palace) charlie sheringham (loan from palace)

Have crystal palace as my parent club.......sold 13 players from the start bringing in 115k and brought in 20 players for 23k... not all are listed some were short term loans (haldene from bristol rovers, moses swabiu from palace maghoma from spurs)

will keep you all posted....

andy

same way mate? just get the "forum" code off imageshack or whereever and just put it straight in this box. easy.

croakers parent clubs just not sure really week or 2 after you asked depends if they can find one for you.

andy nice one mate. squad looks good.

same way mate? just get the "forum" code off imageshack or whereever and just put it straight in this box. easy.

croakers parent clubs just not sure really week or 2 after you asked depends if they can find one for you.

andy nice one mate. squad looks good.

They usually only offer 2 but if you reject them thy will offer replacements. However just look at their squad and pick the 4 you want at 0%

Cool cheers - Already got 4 really good loans in, but may swap

right im finally there!

after a long 2 seasons in league one and championship going up through the playoffs both times!

now in the premiership. currently in debt as my board stole my money to upgrade stadium by 3500 seats.

this is the team who are trying to survive.

scr38fdd80mx4.th.jpg

what do you think? will i manage to survive with that? if you want screenshots just ask. just lost 3-2 to boro and got a draw against Everton. so at least i got my 1st point and scored 3 goals so off the mark! still got 5.8m in the bank. any ideas?

cheers guys. hope everyone elses games are going well.

Matt im sure you will love this! 3rd game of the season brings my 1st win :D delighted with the guys!

scr398b6e1qg7.th.jpg

im recommending Roni to people now only had him 3 games but looking very very good. stats are pretty impressive. signed him for 625k sure you could get him cheaper at the start of the game. got him from Sao Paulo. and already worth 1m. looks good. only 20 on my game too. so think he will be 16 at the start.

here goes people...... just won the BSP in the first season with the squad i listed earlier with 1 league game remaining...... with 7 loans ending it leaves me a rather skeleton squad... now i know there are a lot of players listed already in this thread but i have not got the patience to read through 40 pages or 3958 quotes!! can you guys ( esp matt and tom )list players to help me in league 2 in the season 08/09, would be really helpful and really appreciated.

many thanks.

andy

players for league 2 mate..

Da Mota

Tresor Kandol

Puri

Obama

Taianan

Bernardo

Douglas

Laurent Mohellebi

Raffaele Chiarelli

Anthony Scribe

Eros Corradini

Liviu Ganea

Sabrin Sburlea

Andrei Ionescu

Andrei Cordos

Soley, Salomonsson, Savage Morris and Grendel will all be good enough and Rose if hes doing alright.

See if you can get Roni from Sao Paulo.

also loans again. also in December Anton Putsilo's Loan at HSV ends and they rarely buy him so if you can you should get him for around 180k.

Tom, thanks for posting that one mate, depressed me for the rest of the night now lol. :(;)

I reckon you should be fine with that team, defence looks solid with Mussacio and Spence. Barnes and Galvan should add some flair to the midfield, as well as great depth with class players like Zola and Wilshere. Mazzola usually develops well and also Roni looks like a good buy.

Any decent regens you'd care to share with us mate? Cheers. :)

Andy, Tom's got it pretty much sorted tbh. I would add Artur Kotenko, Wayne Drummond, Giorgi Makriadze (wp), Martin Pautasso (wp), David Yepes and Walter Garcia (wp), Carl Parisio, Sebastian Dubarbier, Andres Sarmiento (wp), John-Joe O'Toole (Loan) and Nicolas Mazzola of course.

Best of luck. :)

after updating my processor ive got footy manager up and running and of course my oxford game once again! this is my current squad 1 week before my first league game, hope this works guys-

oxfsquad.jpg

Mazzola is coming in, what a ledgend! Dexta mate the screen shot you wanted of mattiuzo is here:

legend.jpg

Mattiuzo is a quality left back and hopefully should make the difference this time round covering that position, however the gimp got himself injured! no worries though ill cope, trying to bring in cordos with the 10k ive got left, any other suggestions guys?

Im really hopeful this season with the current squad, hope i win the fa trophy and the league atleast lol

Tom i just passed wind looking at your 200k sigining! Aaron lenoon, did he become a ****head or somwthing lol nice one, bargain that is and definetely a great addition to your squad mate which will deffo keep you up.

I used basic 442. played with 2 attacking CM at home and dependant on opposition 2 def CM away. set attacking away from home more defensive away and normally counter attacked away. played short and quick passing with closing down whole pitch. set my 2 CB to closing down own area not whole pitch with LB and RB rarely going forward - it amassed me 98 points in 1st season and also won the fa trophy.

hope that helps.

andy

Just a quicky update with the mighty u's! Played rorst 10 games of blue square pre, not perfect but top, played 10 won 7 drew 1 lost 2, the losses were unfortunate and were both because of 4-2-4! damn that tactic lol teams taking a while to gel but im optimistic with the current squad, ebanks blake has been lethal so far which is a bonus- 15 in 10

Howz every1 elses games going?

erm well i had my own tactic and played with farrows on wingers into box and farrow on MC to strikers and barrow to dm pos and dm with barrow to defence. wide no freeroles but short and quick it was but im pretty sure quick direct would be okay.

Dexta nice one mate! Atleast you survived the drop, can i ask what was yoour budget for your prem season?

Im still living life in blue square prem, just hope i quickly move up the leagues to finally get into the prem where the real addiction begins lol

Using a no cf xtree tactic first season.

Good choice of Parent Watford Chelsea or Arsenal. Missed out on Soley but leading the pack with a solid defence and Ebanks on stunning form when not injured.

Injuries have been a nightmare and have had to use the transfer listed Trainer and yth Spillman.

Used the "you are going to be a star" for these Liviu Ganea, Sabrin Sburlea Andrei Ionescu and a few more to help signing next season, already have Daminuta joining but Mazzola was out of price range and now injured.

alright lads! Finally finished my first season with oxford and by far the best as i managed to get some great players. Won the league, fa trophy and setanta shield which is something i was desperate for this time round lol Ill post my current squad up soon bu the transfer window has just opened and i have 1.2 million to spend! Thats quality when compared to my last oxford league 2 budget, time to bring in some bargains

Im looking to buy seb dubarbier, walter garcia, bernado, musasa, scribe and elvio martinez atm, shame i cant get a wp for san roman

any more suggestions guys?

Hey guys, how much do you have to offer salomonsson to come to the club?

I cant remeber tbh mate, just give him slightly higher than he requests so he doesnt accept the contract of his current club, hope that helps

jess for 1st season i got 16m to avoid relegation and now 19m for 2nd season and i sold Sidnei to Arsenal for a nice 20m! have a look at Aram Khalili aswell. also Obama.

kajito he should just ask for something around £300-£500 not alot.

Tom thats not bad mate! great deal with sidnei as well, well here is my current squad- forgive me there is no ganea lol but your suggestion of khalili is coming in and maybe sam vokes to strengthen me up front:

league2oxford.jpg

What do you rekon? im trying to get obama at the moment, i know im heavy in defence but hell be profitable in the future and a potential captain. Grendels getting alot of interest from other clubs but none are willing to pay my 2.5 mill asking price haha

Still, im confident of promotoin and feel i have a squad that can develpop, again suggestions are welcome!

thanks mate, yehh im definetely gonna save the cash for next season now, khalili hardly broke the bank with 10k! Quality price and he has a pa of 149, him and alex fernandez should provide some goals. Quick question if anybody knows, how good do samuel and alex fernendez get, like i know their pa/s but do they progress well as they get older?

samuel can become quite good. i decided against him and got carlos saez who has been brilliant for me. samuel i wouldnt take past championship though and alex fernandez is a lower league striker i think. khalili will take you to the championship and mazzola in the prem.

hi guys. just started my 1st season in league 2. played 2 won 1 drawn 1. been drawn with rushden at home in johnstones paint trophy and at home to the scum from down the road in the league cup- cant wait. my summer signings are as followed-corradini(GK) drummond(GK) martin(GK on loan from liverpool) el-abd(DR/DM) daniels(DL on loan from spurs) parisio(DC) seck(DC) da mota(DM) thompson(MC) chiarelli(AMLC/FC) mazzola(ST) and sheringham(ST)

crystal palace my parent club are being tight as, wont let me have moses, bostock or freeman on loan- all strikers, i think i need one more?

how is everyone elses game going.

andy

alright lads, league 2 has been a great auccess so fat at the midway point of the season. By far my best player has been the legend alex fernandez! Averaging atleast a goal per game, heres how the table looks in january, ive just been given another 1 million to spend:

update.jpg

Heres how the current squad looks, Tom- khalali has been progressing very well, thanks for suggestion him mate

ox.jpg

lol im very tempted to buy sburlea with some of the 1 mill cash as he has a CA od 120 and a PA of 170, cracking player for 750k i think and ill make tons of cash of him. Any other suggestions guys? Only really any other extra baragins im looking for really if anybody knows some, cheers. Btw manco came in on a free and looks like a good prospect but has alot to improve on stats wise

alright guys, another update lol Won the league 2 by 15 points, was pretty similar to bsp tbh so was expected ! Didnt have alot of success in the cups tbh but was optimistic for the next season. I am now currently 3 games into league 1, played 2 and lost 1, early days but i think promotion is a real possibility with the players at my disposable, Tom khalali is worth 650k now mate!

Current squad:

2010.jpg

Proper chuffed with the squad, board intervened a 2.5 million bid for grendel from ipswich which tbh was a great deal considering i replaced him with Aqunio for 2.5 million. Diddnt expect him to be interested but he was unsettled at murcia, PA 179! Hopefully helll progress well with some first team action this season

sorry for double posting but forgot to mention i had a player from my own youth academy come through with a PA of 175! no lie, his names mat white and is 16, real prospect, i seriously couldnt belive he came out of my cruddy academy lol

Hi guys!!

Im still in my first season with Oxford, im in the first place which is really easy with oxford.

But the most amazing thing is that Foster is my top scorer!!! He scored the amazing number of 13 goals in about 25 games, all of them in league games.

Ahhh Green is really dissapointing, he wastes lot of opportunities...

Soy mate. nice to see you have faith in the original loans. glad its going well! keep it up mate.

Jess - wow amazing that you got Aquino just set a stupid asking price like 40m on him because im guessing clubs will be interested end of season so watch out for the board! good deal on grendel aswell i only got 775k

i just sold (well chairman did) Jordan Spence to Real Madrdi - 7.5m upfront 9m 24months and 50% sell on cant complain i paid 1.1m

also sold Alan Hutton for 10m which i paid for him but just wanted some extra cash and replaced him for 7m with Jakub Blaszczykowski who looks just as good really.

Season 2013/14 Transfers In:

Jefferson Farfan - Free (Probably rate as best signing yet!

Jimmy Briand - 10.5m (shouldnt really have cost that much as he was playing for southampton in CCC but never mind thats what they wanted for him)

Younassee Sankhare - 7.75m (needed a great DM and hes always a wicked addition!)

Fabiano Santacroce 9.5m (with Spence going i needed a CB and he was unhappy at the competition as man Utd signed Fazio.)

and 3 regens one DC and 2 MC's

Transfers Out:

Anthony Scribe, Lee Cook and 3 kids all out of Contract on frees.

Dimitriu Copil - 925k

Alan Hutton - 10m

Jordan Spence - 16.5m

Ivan - 900k (Regen)

Rodney Sneijder - 1.7m (didnt play a game had him out on loan with 100% for 3 seasons and got him for Free so good moneythere lol)

Distel Zola - 2m (unhappy at being backup to Michael Spillane!)

Gabriel Calin - 2.5m (regen)

so line up for new season:

GK - Preston Edwards (trying to replace not sure with who though)

DR - Blaszczykowski

DL - Rodrigo (Regen)

DC - Mensah/Chico

DC - Santacroce

DMC - Sankhare/Spillane

MC - Carlos Saez

MC - Salomonsson/Galvan

AMR - Giles Barnes/Lennon

AML - Farfan/Goosens/Djeziri

FC - Briand/Mazzola/Roni

any ideas guys?

Tom nice squad there mate! Farfan is a great sigining for free, nice one for getting him!

I was considering a bid for jordan spence, he has a pa of 169 or something on mine, maybe next season if i get some well earned cash to spend lol Your squads pretty much sorted tbh mate, how good is spillane on your game?

Aquino has been flying this season Tom, but i have to say alex fernandez is a MACHINE. Hes played 70 games for the club and has scored 72 goals, 30 goals coming into january. Hes only 21, CA 120 and Pa 159 so maybe one to keep or if a high bid comes in then ill take it. Samuel is getting interest from Betis as well as fernandez, actually pretty much my whole squad is getting depressed because of the high interest in all of them. In fairness if somebody bidded over 20 million for aquiono i would take that anyday!

Currently played 24 won 21 draw 1 and lost 2 and 17 points clear at the top. This is definetely killing my previous oxford games haha I also got through to the quarters of the keague cup after beating newcastle but unfortunately lost to a strong southampton.

Everyone else your doing great just hold it out and try and get players whilst there cheap

Hi everyone, nice to see that the Oxford Thread is still going strong. I'm back from a long break as well and ready to continue my "old" savegame as well. I'm currently in my first Championship season und sitting in 2nd place right behind Derby County. Unfortunately i'm currently struggling with my tactics, can't get the strikers to score.

alright lads.

just in league 2 with oxford and i'm in the summer transfer window at the moment.

i need some suggestions on who to buy, so far i've brought; esmir Sabic on a free, anthony scribe for £10k, Rafael on loan, Craig Lindfield on loan, Jacques Maghoma on loan, Nicolas Mazzola for £24k and Stephen O'halloran on loan.

I have £191k left to spend and i need a new MC, any suggestions?

Archived