Official Oxford United Thread: 8.0.2

dexta200

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello folks - great thread - it has insired me to give Oxford a try and abandon my normal 'Top Teams' approach to FM. I have played 3 League games (W2 D1) thus far and brought in some names that I have seen in the thread. Some big disappointments were Ebanks-Blake not being allowed to leave Wolves, Sabic & Ibracovic wanted large appearance fees that were over my board's maximum and finally losing Soley (after trial) to Luton.

Some questions:

How much should I pay for Cordos?

I have had a bid of 45K accepted for Grendel - shall I get him?

Is Kinkladze a good buy?

Cheers

hi guys,

still in my first season, jan transfer winow just open, gone for soley on a free and constataine from leeds on a free. sat top played 27, won 19, drawn 4 and lost 4. out of setanta shield but stoll in fa trophy.

will keep you all posted.

andy

started an oxford save.

just loaded up the leagues and stuff tonight because i know if i went to do it tomorrow i couldnt wait for it to load. By the looks of things im going to have to buy a whole new team with 10K which will be a new experience for me but i have got a handy Confrence shortlist from when i was going to play in the Confrence but United was too hard to resist. ( i could re-upload it if anyone wants it. its got quite alot of the players mentioned on here Soley, Savage etc.)

1 question...

Is there anyone worth keeping??

to be honest. only ones who will do you any good are Danny Rose, Joel Ledgister and James Clarke, all will be okay and put in average performances but only keep the ones your not able to replace.

an updated list would be wicked with ypresfrs list on last page added would be nice mate yes. i was going to do one but then i signed the players and couldnt add them :(

good mate how you doing? these forums are a joke can never post 1st time!

Only played 6 (spent loads of time on transfers and training. W3 D3 L0 so far- beat Exeter away so that was good. I have brought in Savage, Tierney, Salomonnson, Svensson, Grendel & Nylen. Have loaned Hoskins, Sheringham, Ebanks-Blake (don't need all 3) Preston Edwards & Mark Wilson. Missed out on Sabic and Ibrakovic (appreance fees) and Soley chose to go to Luton. Targets at moment are (although none want to come) Roland Alvarez, Gyorgy Korsos, Martin Rodgriguez, Leopoldo Jiminez, Diego Noveretti, Aflonso Loera.

nice one Croaker!

my oxford save had a crash dump so i had to start AGAIN!

won FA trophy and Setanta Shield 1st season and won BSP.

2nd season squad...

GK - Scribe/Corradini

DR - Bacinovic (have a look)

DL - Laurent Mohellebi (Defo have a look! 140k and wicked!)

DC - Sashi Chalwe (signed jan 1st season)

DC - Cathcart Loan

MR - LuaLua - loan

ML - Grendel

MC - Da Mota (have a look)

MC - Marc Wilson loan

FC - Tresor Kandol

FC - Mazzola

also have nylen, salmonsson, savage, soley, possebon, devineau, cristofari, mary, ledgister, chiarelli

some new names and some really good

Bacinovic, Chiarelli, Da Mota, Mohellebi and Kandol all def buys!

Ganea went to another team as did cordos, sburlea, mardare and someone else ANNOYING! bernardo worth 1.3m release damn!! annoying!

i was loving it.

got three players a James Dunne a CM whos decent, Kerrea Gilbert a good Rb and Havard Nordtveit.

id far rather have your team and i cant sell Odubade for £10K even though hes worth £160K

mate never accept the loans they send you. you probably could have got barazite, manoane, rui fonte instead of dunne. suppose dunne aint tooo bad but still. they usually send you the rubbish ones lol. nordtveit is a beastthough!

im going to do a shortlist too. seeing as i have alot of players to add to that one and the original conference shortlist im not keen on as most of them wouldnt get in the oxford team. should i do 2 seperate ones for the conference with oxford and league 2 with oxford?

im going to do a shortlist too. seeing as i have alot of players to add to that one and the original conference shortlist im not keen on as most of them wouldnt get in the oxford team. should i do 2 seperate ones for the conference with oxford and league 2 with oxford?

Yeah do that.

Croaker, the shortlist looks great mate: nice work! And Arsenal as parent as well: brilliant! :)

Tom, nice team as usual mate. Bacinovic isn't on my game, Mohellebi looks great, Da Mota seems good but I'd be a bit worried about physical stats and Chiarelli looks like a good find so nice one!

With the shortlist I would do two seperate ones as well.

Jake

Day 1 request Parent and offer 0% for Ebanks from Wolves - This should provide 4 Season long loans

Offer a trial to Soley Svensson Kinkladze

Make an offer for Sabic and Salomonsson Mazzola Mary

That should be a complete new team - Have a look at shortlist above as well and plug in Kimz V2 tactic (no tweaking) and you should have a good 1st season. Try to offload deadwood.

Message for Dexta200. I have noticed your name on this thread loads of time and figured your the chap to ask.

I have just got into the Premiership with Oxford in August 2012 and got about a week left until the transfer window closes. I have about 25m to spend after having to sell my best players, could you advise me who is worth purchasing as I have played 3 games and lost all 3 and it looks like a very hard season ahead. On the searches I do not many quality players come up. Please Help???

Message for Dexta200. I have noticed your name on this thread loads of time and figured your the chap to ask.

I have just got into the Premiership with Oxford in August 2012 and got about a week left until the transfer window closes. I have about 25m to spend after having to sell my best players, could you advise me who is worth purchasing as I have played 3 games and lost all 3 and it looks like a very hard season ahead. On the searches I do not many quality players come up. Please Help???

Try some regens. What positions do you need? What patch is it?

would you be able to post a screenie of your team Cliffo mate. then could help with which positions you need. but definately look at regens they are your best bet. or players like. sakho, sankhare, lulinha, alex teixera, forster, sidnei anyone who is still at a smaller club.

Just Got To The Championship With My Oxford Side. Just Need Some Advice On Players.

HAd Sam Vokes And Sburlea But Lost Them To Free Transfers And The End Of Last Season :(.

Started Quite Badly Already Out The League Cup. Im Playing On Patch 8.0.2.

Cheers Chaps

alright lads, after forgeting to save my oxford game, got 6 games into first season i was so annoyed i couldnt be bovered lol but now i started again as couldnt get into another game, not sure how to post screen shots guys so if someone could tell me

Transfers have been great so far tbh! managed to get soley which i never ussually are able to

Transfers in:

Hernan Mattiuzo- 5k bargain!

sefyo soley- free

James Daynton- loan till end of season

Preston Edwards- loan till end of season

Sabic- 4k

Ebanks Blake- loan till end of season

Ibrakovic- 5k

Magnus svensson

grant basey- 3 month loan

salomonsson- free

nylen is coming in, although his stats are atrocious his pa is tempting lol trying to bring cordos in but am desperate for a left winger, 10 k to spend? cheerz guys

Just a mini-update

Top of the League by ten points so im pretty happy:D

http://img291.imageshack.us/my.php?image=07212008180701ph9.jpg

http://img379.imageshack.us/my.php?image=07212008183946zv8.jpg

And my strikers are ripping up the league!:D

http://img89.imageshack.us/my.php?image=07212008183803aa0.jpg

Out of the FA cup but if i may say so we were very unlucky!

Right i've decided after a clearout of my FM files to start afresh with Oxford because so many have said it's a good game to play. I've already been turned down with a parent club which is dissapointing but who are the people to try and get rid of?

I've so far signed Sabic, Soley, Nylen and Salomonsson. Who else do you think I should get position-wise?

Signed a young defender who i've loaned out to my feeder club but looks decent. Very annoyed about being refused a parent clubs, makes looking for loans that little bit harder- they're more likely to accept coming to the club that way.

Archived