Official Oxford United Thread: 8.0.2

dexta200

That's pretty gutting Jack. Do you change your tactics going into the last 30 mins, when the opposition change formation?

Better news from me: through to Champiosn League final to play Chelsea thanks to a little Romanian! icon_biggrin.gif

1st leg: Oxford 2-0 Arsenal (Sakho, Ganea)

2nd leg: I thought we were in serious trouble here when Sakho got sent off early on and then Arsenal scored 2 through Farias and Toure to equalise on aggregate. I didn't count on a Ganea hat-trick tho, and the tie was long won before Adebayor scored late on to make it 3-3 on the night and 5-3 to Oxford on aggregate! icon_smile.gif

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

jaaaws keep up the good form mate you should be in the premiership in no time

I've Been Promoted

After beating Nottm Forest 4-1 (Ganea, Salomonsson, Johansson, Goodwin) i have been promoted to the Championship with 3 games to go

1 point clear at the top Nottm Forest are 2nd

Originally posted by Recky_D:

I've got an easier run in than Nottm Forest so it will be close but hopefully i will be Champions

I'm edging towards the title after i beat Walsall 3-1 (Ganea 3) and Nottm Forest lost 2-1 to Barnsley 4 points clear with 2 to go

Originally posted by Recky_D:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Recky_D:

I've got an easier run in than Nottm Forest so it will be close but hopefully i will be Champions

I'm edging towards the title after i beat Walsall 3-1 (Ganea 3) and Nottm Forest lost 2-1 to Barnsley 4 points clear with 2 to go </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its going down to the final game after i drew with Cheltenham 2-2 (Ganea 2) after my Centre Back got sent off

Nottm Forest won 2-1

it is a fun game and challenging to get through the divisions, but you have good finances that increase as you go through the divisions

good luck if you do join icon_biggrin.gif

End of Winter Transfer Window 2nd Season

Squad

05142008153855kl8.th.jpg

All Hail Ganea tbh

Transfers In

Clint Hill - Crystal Palace - Free

Celso Borges - Saprissa - £95k

Lauri Dalla Valle - Liverpool - £160k (too much i know)

Transfers Out

Ray Parlour - Released

Billy Turley - Released

Daniel Pollitt - Histon - £9k

Eddie Hutchinson - Notts Co - £14k

Barry Quinn - Boston Utd - £16k

David Keane - Chester - £1k

Future Transfers In

Neymar - Santos - £75k - 1.7.2010

Gérson - Grémio - £60k - 1.1.2011

Overall

Money - Good

Cups - Out of FA Cup, Out of League Cup but still in the Paint Pot Trophy where i face Millwall in the semis

League 2 - 15 points clear with 30 games gone

Ganea - Awesome

Not too bad then icon_smile.gif

Nice to see everyone doing so well. I have just started with Oxford and signed Ganea, seemed to work for everyone else, so decided to follow suite.

What tactic is everyone using? I dont seem to be getting anywhere near the joy of some of you guys but have signed similar players to many (spent hours reading through the thread to get tips).

One question: how deep is your squad? do you rotate regularly in cup games or less important games? i am at the beginning of february and most of my players show serious signs of fatigue (most conditions only around 90-92%). and the rhythm continues with league or cup matches every 2nd to 4th day. not much time for regeneration.

besides that everything is fine. won to eastbourne borough 4-0 in the setanta shield. next up is bognor regis (sp?).

Originally posted by jaaaws:

One question: how deep is your squad? do you rotate regularly in cup games or less important games? i am at the beginning of february and most of my players show serious signs of fatigue (most conditions only around 90-92%). and the rhythm continues with league or cup matches every 2nd to 4th day. not much time for regeneration.

besides that everything is fine. won to eastbourne borough 4-0 in the setanta shield. next up is bognor regis (sp?).

well i keep the same sqaud, with one or two changes per game (depending on when my next game is) but usually in cup games, if i play teams 1/2 leagues bellow me i will use fringe players, as there is a good chance they will do what is required

Originally posted by Gazza D:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jaaaws:

well i keep the same sqaud, with one or two changes per game (depending on when my next game is) but usually in cup games, if i play teams 1/2 leagues bellow me i will use fringe players, as there is a good chance they will do what is required </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yep doing basically the same but can't do anything against fatigue. maybe i should modify my training schedules?? dunno..

right end of League 2 Report!!

league222222lo1.th.jpg

amazing never thought i would do it scraped alot of 1-0 wins towards the end which scared me but i managed it 100% perfect icon_biggrin.gif shame i didnt get +100GD though icon_frown.gif

and here is the squad and tactic which made it possible

thetacticcu8.th.jpg

overall every player played well!

here is the team of the year i guess my midfield and defense were pretty good lol

teamofyearoo9.th.jpg

and here is the main man!

soleywowtc9.th.jpg

outscoring Ganea by 9!

i signed this guy for a laugh look at his age!!!

oldmanie2.th.jpg

and now for the current squad and transfers!!

scr9110f39od8.th.jpg

scr9122397et7.th.jpg

right Cuca, Verweij and Parker are all regens

i got a 1m offer for Grendel so i took it and ran! and spent it lol! Bernardo has been amazing so far! along with Sneijder who im suprised about with a very low CA he is like Nylen performs brilliantly! if you want any other screenshots just ask and i hope they all work!

dexta mate, that is truly amazing, 46 out of 46! u must of loaded your players with protein shakes lol well done, the only possible way to beat your record would be by goal difference icon_biggrin.gif

im 7 games into league 2, won 5 drew 2 so already out of the picture

lol i know it was wicked! no team really came close to beaten me on attempts in any game i always outplayed them just had close ones where i wouldnt score until 90th min and stuff thank god for SOLEY! haha.

league one...

played 12 won 10 drawn 2 so unbeaten in league over all 3 seasons so far icon_biggrin.gif

already out of League Cup in 2nd round to Man City lost 3-2 which is a shame but seeing as they were in the premiership i cant complain!

and im into the JPT quarter final against Millwall!

so far so good in league one! Ganea has been out injured for a few months so Elrich has been playing and he has scored 9 in 13 which isnt bad my strikers dont seem to score many ever its weird.

Originally posted by dexta200:

nice mate thats brilliant! what do you think about the tactic?

its a good tactic, i have changed it slightly with the full backs having arrows all the way up to the FL & FR positions and they do help

Originally posted by Barnetboyz:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dexta200:

nice mate thats brilliant! what do you think about the tactic?

its a good tactic, i have changed it slightly with the full backs having arrows all the way up to the FL & FR positions and they do help </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ooh might look into that then. i always feel they get caught out of position alot but ill try it.

Gaz unlucky mate are watford in prem? if they are then your cant complain lol

Archived