Official Oxford United Thread: 8.0.2

dexta200

After two games without a goal Ganea scored twice as i beat Bristol City 3-2 (Ganea 2, Fontaine OG)

9 in 6 for the Romanian Assassin, yes i gave him a nickname

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My board have just accepted a bid for Jakob Johansson over my head 2.5million+50% next sale+arrange friendly

its an ok bid seeing as i bought him for 8k in league 2

Originally posted by Recky_D:

My board have just accepted a bid for Jakob Johansson over my head 2.5million+50% next sale+arrange friendly from Sparta Prague

its an ok bid seeing as i bought him for 8k in league 2

any idea of a replacement he was AM/FC and played the attacking MC in Dexta's 2000 tactic out of the transfer window so i have to wait until January to sign someone so no rush to reply

Originally posted by weebob88:

Well done dexta! Im around 38 or 39 games into my league 2 season and ive only drew once! Raging now tho, i wasnt too bothered about it due to me already basically won the league and thinking no one can possibly get 100% anyway and now i find youve done it! lol Congrats anyway, i will try beat you in league 1, already beat you in BSP icon_razz.gif

haha thanks mate icon_redface.gif what was your points total in BSP? what tactic you playing mate?

ive drawn 5 in league 1 so far.

currently top by 15 points though 25 games in won 20 drawn 5

just another good result

Southend 0-3 Oxford (Spence, Ganea 2) icon_smile.gif

looking like im heading for the championship just gotta hope i can stay unbeaten becasue so far i have yet to lose a league game!

My god that was quick. First game in League 1 on the second of August, which annoyed me as i haven't made half of the signins which i would have liked to. No matter as i beat Lincoln 3-2, with Mazzola getting his first goal for the club. So a nice steady start to the season.

Season 1: Blue Square Premier, FA Trophy, Setanta Shield

Season 2: Coca-Cola League 2, 'Paint Pot' Trophy

Season 3: Coca-Cola League 1, 'Paint Pot' Trophy

Season 4: Coca-Cola Championship

Season 5: 4th in Premiership, FA Cup

Season 6: Premiership

Season 7: How could it possibly get better... icon_wink.gif

Here's how! icon_biggrin.gif

Final EPL table Wanted 100 goals but hey ho, can't be too picky I guess. icon_smile.gif

League Cup final vs Man Utd

FA Cup final vs Charlton One of the hardest matches we had all season!

Champions League final vs Chelsea Wanted this really badly...

This was quite touching...

I love these guys!

Awards

Top Scorer- Liviu Ganea and Wellington

Top Assists- Wellington

Most Man of the Match- Wellington

Highest Average Rating- Wellington

Footballer of the Year- Wellington

Players Player of the Year- Mamadou Sakho

Players Young Player- Paul Christie

Manager of the Year- The one and only: Matthew Griffin!

"How could it possibly get better...": It just did! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Season 7: Premiership, League Cup, FA Cup, Champions League: the quadruple, eat that Jose!

Originally posted by ypresfr:

Cheers Recky! Not too fussed about the 100 goals tbh, the rest sort of makes up for it! icon_smile.gif

Matt well done my son! thats brilliant! none of the pics loaded up lol but anwyways thats special man!!

how you going to top that now!

Comm Shield, Super Cup, World Club Championship... and the 4 make that 7 in a season?

I spared it a glance, nothing too special tho! icon_wink.gificon_razz.gif

Nah seriously that's a fantastic achievement mate, great work! icon_smile.gif

icon_smile.gif thanks not quite on the same level as yours though but ill be there soon cant see me doing it quick though. but i have had more luck in bringing in stars so hopefully!

Nylen has played 78 league games and his PA is still only 93 his stats have improved as he started with something like 54 but still would have thought it would have been 100 at least by now!

Do you reckon it would be worth signing Nasri for free? I would play him in the MC with farrow position and he won't get past Wellington obviously, but my backup Jimenez is always moaning so I'm thinking of getting rid of him...

Already have Veloso coming in and then just planning on nicking the best regens as usual cos where can I strengthen after that amazing season?

haha fair enough mate!

Trent Elrich is fighting Ganea all the way for this lone role striker!!

Oxford 3-0 Northampton AET! (Elrich 3) 102, 105, 106! only game on for extra time not bad lol

that was FA cup 3rd round replay and now have Scunthorpe so got a good chance of reaching the fifth round!

Do you reckon it would be worth signing Nasri for free? I would play him in the MC with farrow position and he won't get past Wellington obviously, but my backup Jimenez is always moaning so I'm thinking of getting rid of him...

Already have Veloso coming in and then just planning on nicking the best regens as usual cos where can I strengthen after that amazing season?

yeah get nasri and get rid of jimenez. nasri is immense probably my fave AMc on the game!!

argh bloody work permits just stopped me signing Ever Guzman on a free who would have been a great signing for the championship!

lol i know. Ganea just got another in a 2-0 win over Gillingham! i really just want to get to the prem now lol its annoying! but only played 27 in league one! 10 points ahead of Millwall with a game in hand so looks good!

hope soo!! just had 2 more lost because of work permits!!

ibrahim from sporting and a regen hoping to get Millan though got a 150k bid accepted and hes accepted the contract.

just gotta hope on work permits!!

soley is getting on a bit now icon_frown.gif not really playing great started playing jack hobbs in the DM slot now

Yeah I found Soley wasn't as good after a couple of seasons, may be time to move him on I'm afraid, despite all hes' done for Oxford. icon_frown.gif

yeah the League 2 Top Goalscorer has done his share of hard work for the club! im still giving him a few games hes still getting at least a 7 every game which is good for a DM so we will see

Soley is on the way out of my team as well he gets on my bench but hasn't been preforming as well as he was last season

i will post screenshots at the half way stage of my season played 19 and 5 points behind Southampton despite me beating them earlier in the season

Originally posted by dexta200:

ooh not bad Recky. aye i reckon i will sell Soley at end of season. he will be missed and i will definately need a replacement who you guys got to do it?

i got Goodwin (scunthorpe DC/DM) Jordan Spence (West Ham DC, but can fill in at DM) and Gyan King on loan from fulham

also a couple of good regens coming through

Originally posted by ginger_mourinho:

Climbed to the top of League 2 for the first time this season, unbeaten after 10 games and two points ahead of Brentford with Jon Parkin my and the league's top scorer with 7 goals.

well done mate! nice work

i gotta admit that my oxford savegame is one of the most enjoyable games i've had with fm08. actually it is the first time i started in a really low league. icon_smile.gif

currently on top of the standings with a 24-3-3 record and 89-29 goals (avg. about 3 goals a game).

FA Trophy: semi final vs. stafford rangers

Sentanta Shield: semi final vs forest green rovers

FA Cup: quarter final vs Sunderland

Currently scouting for some possible signings for league 2. unfortunately i couldn't get a work permit for this great ivorian regen (CA 110/PA 185). now he joined Venezia in italy. icon_frown.gif

and ganea was transfered to another romanian club during the winter break for about €600k.

will be prob impossible for me to sign him in the summer.

(sorry for my english icon_wink.gif not my native language)

Archived