FM08: Official Liverpool Thread

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Started with Liverpool

Bougth: Rafael Van der Vart, Michael Owen,

next to buy in jannuary transfer window is Vincent Kompany.

GK: Reina

DR: Finnan/ardebola

DL: Riise/Aurelio

DC: Agger

DC: Carragher

DMC: Mascherano/sissoko

MC: Gerrard on the rigth side with arrow forward

MC: Alonso in center

MC Van der Vart on the left side with arrow forward

FC: Torres (premiership top goal scorer. 15 goals in 20 matches

FC Babel Kuyt or Owen.

I have only lost one league game and two draws.

Van Der Vart is playing realy well...

As a good youngster I would recomend danish central defender Simon Kjær. from FC midtjylland.

And tarik Elonuysis from Fredrikstad FK

Originally posted by DHV84:

Check out alfonso alves.

He is not that expensive.

Owen I wil not recomend.

I have him in my game, and he is not doing very good...

hey guys ,thks 4 the info, i gt braind instead n he is like a henry.real fast n great finishing but my scouts says he cant improve any further. oh they say he will be a certain star to!! i hopeso

he scored on his debut tho

almost gt owen for old times sake but i guess he's sort of lost the charm.

So once again we have a new game of Fm to contend with and yet from this I will start off as soon as I get my hands on a copy.

So looking at the squad this season, I'm actually happy that we have depth for once in a squad but there are places that needed cover such as RW, LB and CB.

7 games left to go I'm 1st in the prem and i'm still in the champ league and heres my squad

Gk:Reina,Martin

Lb:Riise,aurilo,Insua

Rb:Finnan,Arbola,Spearing

Cb:Carrager,Hyypia,Agger,Beuno,Hobbs

Cm:Alonso,Lucas,Mascherano,Modric,Gerrard

Am:Babel,Quresma

Fcicon_biggrin.gifoyle,Kuyt,Torres,Kemeth

Sold:Crouch(10m),12 reserve players(2m all together),Voronin(7m leaving at the end of season),Beayoun(5m),Pennant(p/ex Leaving at end of season)

And I'm getting Aguero and the end of the season for 10m plus Pennant.

Who else should I buy/sell I have 20m to spend(don't need any strikers have 4 promising Strikers in my youth squad)?

Originally posted by Sweet-Zombie-Jesus:

7 games left to go I'm 1st in the prem and i'm still in the champ league and heres my squad

Gk:Reina,Martin

Lb:Riise,aurilo,Insua

Rb:Finnan,Arbola,Spearing

Cb:Carrager,Hyypia,Agger,Beuno,Hobbs

Cm:Alonso,Lucas,Mascherano,Modric,Gerrard

Am:Babel,Quresma

Fcicon_biggrin.gifoyle,Kuyt,Torres,Kemeth

Sold:Crouch(10m),12 reserve players(2m all together),Voronin(7m leaving at the end of season),Beayoun(5m),Pennant(p/ex Leaving at end of season)

And I'm getting Aguero and the end of the season for 10m plus Pennant.

Who else should I buy/sell I have 20m to spend(don't need any strikers have 4 promising Strikers in my youth squad)?

Oh i forgot to add that I use a 4-2-3-1 formation with my mc with arrow to run back as Dm 2 of my Amc to run into the box.

found a nice little trick for you guys

After the first transfer adjustment, i took the 10m btw, i asked for more wage money or whatever it is, they boosted me up to a 2.5m wage budget, with me not needing this much (its over 1m that i need) i adjust the budget, and get another 10m icon_biggrin.gif

i started the game again btw

Well doing brill in the leauge, still unbeaten but dropped just the 2 points, against Wigan. Not sure as im not looking at the League table now on what the Win-loss-draw situation is like but i know ive got 1 draw and no losses icon_smile.gif and im in December, also awaiting the arrival of Marcelo in January \o/\o/. Qualified for knockout stages of CL also icon_biggrin.gif

that was just a quickie update :p big one will come either in january, or at end of season icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by theboydonegood:

does anyone think that if I swap Masch like for like it for a nother temas player would be a way for me to get round his 80% sell on fee??

if your trying to say, if you swap macherano for another teams player, no fee involved then yes it gets rid of the clause, they may go and take 80% of that other player though so he would be pretty sucky tbh icon_razz.gif

o yes, bought that lad Matias Fernandez. and Cassani.

But wow, doing amazing in the league...as are a few other teams.

But i just beat Arsenal 2-1 and Chelsea 1-0 away. how feckin great does that make me feel haha! just need Man U and Tottenham and I'd be happy for the rest of the season.

Isnt it funny how winning makes you content with the game. but when you start losing silly games to lesser teams i get ****ed off and start thinking its rigged haha! icon_razz.gif mmmm beer!

I have started a new game as Liverpool but I can't sell anyone at all. No one wants Crouch for £9 million. No one wants Sissoko for £8 million i usually get £8.5 million. Hopefully I can sell Voronin and Pennant because I need the money to sign Rafinha and Pazzini.

Originally posted by Liverpool Rule---Jehrome:

why do i suck so bad with Liverpool

After starting again, got Barry and Zeefuik, but still cant win, Everton just beat me 2-0 icon_frown.gif

I'm sure you'll get it right eventually. You can't win every game. It would be nice though. I'm bieng pretty succesful with my current formation. If you want to try it I'll be more than happy to e-mail it to you with instructions. I'd start a tactic thread on it but there's too many tactics out there, plus I'm not claiming it's brilliant or fool proof. Just going into October and I'm unbeaten in the league. Had 1 blip away at Sevilla in The European Cup where I lost 3 - 0. Apart from that all seems well. I'll post my monthly updates for August & September a bit later.

Nearing the end of my first season with Liverpool. Top of the league at the moment, with Kuyt and Torres playing fantastically well. The budget adjustment option (fantastic addition to the game) and the high season-ticket sales meant I've been able to make some quality acquisitions. I'll post some details at the end of the season.

i want to get more out of my team.torres is scoring at almost a goal a game.ive bought quaresma and menez.both taking time to adjust.but kuyts only scored three times all season and im in january.i play 4-3-3 with an amc and aml,amr.2 cm's and a lone striker.any tips from anyone? i normally play a striker at amc behind torres but i swop them during the game.voronins 12 in 22 most coming from amc.just doesn't seem to work for kuyt.also think i cud get more out of babel menez n quaresma

I play Babel at ML and Menez at MR, with arrows to AML and AMR. THey play very well, cutting inside and scoring quite alot of goals.

Torres is a God on FM08. Play him and Kuyt upfront with Kuyt as a target man and Gerrard in AMC. Torres and Kuyt score bucketloads with Gerrard setting the majority up.

Oh, it's April, 32 games in and I've won the league with a game in hand. I'm 17 points in front of 2nd placed Chelsea, and the bitters are doing quite well in 3rd - they also beat me at Goodison, my other league loss being a shocker at Birmingham when Babel scored an own goals. Anyway, like I said, I'll post some screenshots and stuff when the season is over. Oh, and I won the League Cup too afyer hammering Pompey in the final

Kuyt with ball to head. Both Menez and Babel's physical stats have improved for me. Menez's all round stats have also improved, his crossing is now 14, dribbling 19 and finishing 15. Torres has improved quite alot, his strength, pace and acceleration are all at 17s. Oh, and have Torres with run with ball and forward runs on often too.

his asking price was under 5 i think.ended up paying 16.they asked for 20 but negotiated down a bit.looks like he needs time to adjust.kewells been a revelation for me,pennant was doing ok too but got a semi long term injury.I sold crouch and momo to get the cash for my two wingers.just had enuf left over to buy some youngsters and breno.Incidentally i looked at behrami too.i thought that apart from his amazing physical,teamwork and work rate stats he doesnt have the flair or creativity and passing skills i like my wingers to have.i mean take away his physical stats and the workrate etc and what else do u have?i mean the physical stats are great but youve got to have the other stats to compliment them.i prefer quaresma mysef.jus my advice though

Originally posted by jack0923:

his asking price was under 5 i think.ended up paying 16.they asked for 20 but negotiated down a bit.looks like he needs time to adjust.kewells been a revelation for me,pennant was doing ok too but got a semi long term injury.I sold crouch and momo to get the cash for my two wingers.just had enuf left over to buy some youngsters and breno.Incidentally i looked at behrami too.i thought that apart from his amazing physical,teamwork and work rate stats he doesnt have the flair or creativity and passing skills i like my wingers to have.i mean take away his physical stats and the workrate etc and what else do u have?i mean the physical stats are great but youve got to have the other stats to compliment them.i prefer quaresma mysef.jus my advice though

Use the budget adjustment to get more fund, I did and managed to get £29m to spend in the end after selling Abreloa too. And yeah, I was leaning more towards Quaresma to be honest.

Originally posted by Liverpool Rule---Jehrome:

i set Torres as a target-man but with run onto ball option, played 1 match against Newcastle and didnt notice too much of a difference icon_frown.gif

would like to see your formation OST

play it into torres's feet.he has great flair and dribbling stats.he still gets inbehind defences for me and he makes goals himself.running at defenders and taking them on

englishpremierdivisionhhb2.png

5 seasons done so far. The first 2 as runners up were painful, especially since they include a runner up to Man U in the champions league in season 1, and in the FA Cup and League Cup in Season 2.

My record in cups is pretty poor overall with just 1 Champions league win in season 4.

Season 1 done.

Transfers

Squad

Premiership

CL Final

FA Cup Final

League Cup Final

It won't let me view the fixture so I'm not sure who scored.

Anyway, probably my best first season of FM yet, with a clean sweep of trophies.

Some players:

Torres

Unfortunately, Torres was ruled out for 2 months towards the beginning of the season, so he didn't get the 20 Prem goals I hoped he would get. Still he didn't do too badly

Kuyt

Nasri

Menez

Babel

Aurelio

Barragan

Barragan is now a wonderkid, so I'm guessing his potential is rather high on FM08. Not bad for £475k

Aaritalo

Breno

Gakpe

Fans were unhappy with the signing of Gakpe after a while, but he's looking really good and Chelsea are after him. What do the fans know, ey?

Gouffran

Same with Gouffran, but he's looking good and is on fire at Caen.

Hopefully, I can be as succesful in season 2.

Originally posted by real_betis:

Kuyt

Thanks for that. Really helpful.

One question though. How do you play Kuyt to get that out of him? Can you reveal a few details about what instructions you give him? I've used him as a target man with supply to head but he's not done the business (awful finishing and averaging around 6.70) and is currently being kept out of the side by Mika Aaritalo.

Oh and Breno, how good is he? I'm halfway through the first season and have saved up almost £20 million for a centre back in the summer. I've shortlisted Garay, Richards and Barzagli who will all cost a fortune, so if Breno is just as good, I might go for him instead.

Breno is brilliant, only cost me £3.5m and is very solid. FM08 is very harsh with the ratings so he's only been getting 7s, still playing well though.

I have Kuyt with target man ball to head and hold up ball. Just on attacking mentality, run with ball on rarely and forward runs mixed. He tends to set up a load of goals for Torres and Gerrard, as you can see from his assists. Make sure you play him with Torres though.

Also, Lazio have just come in with a £5m + 30% sell on for Leto. He looks quite good - screeny - so I'm not sure I should sell. Any advice, guys?

Originally posted by real_betis:

I have Kuyt with target man ball to head and hold up ball. Just on attacking mentality, run with ball on rarely and forward runs mixed. He tends to set up a load of goals for Torres and Gerrard, as you can see from his assists. Make sure you play him with Torres though.

Cheers, mate. I'll try that.

Four months left of the season for him to prove himself or I'm getting a new striker in the summer. icon_wink.gif I really like the partnership of Kuyt/Torres though, so hopefully I can make it work.

Any of you who've played several seasons know how Amoo turns out?

He's absolutely tearing the u18 league apart alongside Barazite and Wijnaldum. At only 16 I'm hoping he can continue his progress and I'm planning to loan him out next season and see what happens.

Any experiences?

Originally posted by achilles elbow:
Originally posted by Faille:

5 seasons done so far.QUOTE]

Five seasons since Friday!!

Have you slept yet?

I get a few hours between 4am and 8 am! 8)

Season 6 is proving trickier, decided to make it my rebuilding year, so lot of unproven youngsters and offloaded my dependable players.

I recommend picking up M. Petrov, Henri Saivet, Ezequiel Lavezzi, Pablo Piatti, Raul Albiol and Ezequiel Garay.

The new Stadium in 2010 is nice, and 2011 they upgarded it to 75000 ish, anyone else have that happen?

I play a very narrow 442 diamond in the first half of the season, and switch to a 433 in the second half.

Originally posted by thomaswiggins01:

just bought fm08, love all the new features, but i dont know if it has been brought up before but why do the players never close down? Is there a way around this.

Also nemeth looks like he could turn into something special

closing down is a known bug that everyone is waiting for the patch to fix.

I try and rely more on intercepting, so good positioning skill, heading, etc.

Oh Danny Haynes is a great buy. Can usually pick him up for under 2m, and works great as 4th striker. Never really gets good enough to be first choice imo, but can provide great cover, and should be able to sell him for 10m+ after a few seasons building him up.

Archived