FM08: Official Liverpool Thread

Originally posted by Old Scouser Tommy:

transfers200708kx9.png

As you can see I've not really bought anyone. Not to challenge for the 1st team anyway. Only Modric has played and been largely disappointing.

I signed Breno for £5.2m, he is coming in January. Thats it so far. Any reccomendations on backup goalkeepers?

Team

Reina

Finnan

Carragher

Agger

Arbeloa

Pennant

Alonso

Mascherano

Babel

Gerrard

F. Torres

Beat Wigan away 1-0 first game - Alonso with the goal.

Beat B. Jerusalem 3-1 Kuyt, gerrard & Carragher scoring.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Djimi:

Where did you get the kits from fella?

If you search the forums on FMG Live and Sortitoutsi.net there's loads of topics there but most of the links don't work. It took me ages to find them. I just had a quick look for you then but couldn't see anything.

Sorry mate.

Originally posted by scottb1986:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Doolinho:

scottb1986, youngsters at Liverpool(If nurtured on a good youth schedule and with good youth coaches) will progress into the 1st team no doubt. ei Dean Bouzanis, David Amoo, Daniel Pacheco, Daniel Sanchez Ayala. But if you want to buy your young talent look no further than 'Lulinha' & 'Alex'. Both not been talked about much on here but hes a gem. Personally i think its all down too what schedules your using and how good your youth coaches are.

Cheers for reply mate. Which Alex? Theres loads icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Alex from Vasco icon14.gif

Originally posted by scottb1986:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Djimi:

Where did you get the kits from fella?

If you search the forums on FMG Live and Sortitoutsi.net there's loads of topics there but most of the links don't work. It took me ages to find them. I just had a quick look for you then but couldn't see anything.

Sorry mate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No worries Scott I'll take a look around and see what I can find...Im buying 08 this afternoon cant wait!!38 years old and excited over a new footy game how sad is that lol!

Just done the double in my second season, winning the premiership by 1point over Man U icon_smile.gifand the champions league against roma 4-2

Torres was fantastic he got 30 goals and 27 assits in all competitions!!

Looking to buy aguero and a decent LB and CB

Originally posted by Chrisz:

Any of u lads know what the new beta patch does? juz downladed it..any known differences?

cheers

It fixes some of the bugs that are in the game, such as the closing down bug, the sending offs, the disallowed goals etc etc.

Originally posted by Lvpool:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chrisz:

Any of u lads know what the new beta patch does? juz downladed it..any known differences?

cheers

It fixes some of the bugs that are in the game, such as the closing down bug, the sending offs, the disallowed goals etc etc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers on that...sort of knew that was actually asking if it affects ur tactics or anything as i heard it affects the 4-3-3. formations..damn!

the closing down improved iirc

heh looking at the top with the pages

1= unseen

2= seen

3= unseen

4= seen

5= unseen

6= seen

7= bold atm

i have seen P1 but only by clicking the actual topic name

anyone got a decent formation?

I've been using a 433 up until January which seen me top of the league, and now i can't seem to even score a goal let alone win. The final straw was an embarassing 1-0 defeat to Wigan at Anfield!

Lvpool & ellis123 - any chance ya can email me yours? See if i can actually get back to winning ways

Just started my 3rd season and i signed Sergio Ramos from Real and Silva from Valencia for 31m each

Jus beat Man U 2-0 in the community shield i had 63-37 possesion, i think i might win my 3rd premiership title in a row

Originally posted by RufftyMan:

I've been using a 433 up until January which seen me top of the league, and now i can't seem to even score a goal let alone win. The final straw was an embarassing 1-0 defeat to Wigan at Anfield!

Lvpool & ellis123 - any chance ya can email me yours? See if i can actually get back to winning ways

I would but makesure it suites your players, i play a 4-2-2-2, with 2 DMs who are defensive and creative, 2 AMCs which can play on the wings and 2 strikers, no target man and very narrow.

But if you want it you can have it

yeh i'll take it if ya dont mind sending

plus is this used after the BETA patch has been installed?

After the beta match ive only played the Man U match so you can't really say- but the only real issue i had was with closing down so it should work better

Whats your email addres

so you don't use a target man on this tactic? just making sure cos the target man is ticked

Not to head- i have torres on run on to ball and or to feet, but if you have a good header you could use him and just set the AMC's to cross more often

Hey Guys. Finally got back into my fm addiction with 08 after getting bored of 07. Started with Liverpool ....as always. Just a recap of my season and a few questions for next season...

fyi ... i play a 4-4-2

Transfers in:

Marcelo ( playing ML) - $10m

Barzagli (CB) - $17.25m

Micah Richards (DR) - $20.5m + Itandje

Zapata (CB) - $30m

Enyeama (GK) - $3.2m

Sakho (youngster) - $1.3

Players out:

Kewell - $5m

Finnan - $15m

Agger - $25.5

Right so i'm just about to start my second season. Really want to Aguero but they're not willing to sell him yet so i have to wait. Want Silva as well but they want $97m which is ridiculous.

so i just have a couple questions...

what instructions do you guys give Peter Crouch as he's really not performing for me at all and ... should i sell him and buy Amauri for $38m instead?

I'm gonna buy Daniel Alves for $35m but i'm looking to play him at MR rotating with Babel. As i have Richards as my DR and i like him there. What do you guys think of Alves at MR?

and anybody have any experience with Guardado for ML and Van der Vaart for CM. As i'm probably looking to sign both.

Suggestions please. ... ps. Torres was immense for me .... 51 games .... 45 goals and 12 assists. Sweeped the awards too!

Yea having trouble with my pool side. am like drawing all my games. Has pie-head's new pud tactic worked for u or Lvpools tatic given u much joy? just lost the FA cup semis to villa icon_frown.gif

Hey, started a new game.

Just starting the first season and so far i've signed;

Huntelaar

Kompany

Zapater

Veloso

De Silvestri

Giovinco (Due end of season)

Cassani

Belluschi

Felipe

Aaritalo

Marcelo

Saivet

Lulinha

Sold players like, Sissoko, Alonso, Kuyt and Riise to fund it all though :p

Completed my first even season in FM08 with liverpool. Using 4-1-3-1-1 after trying serveral tactics.

Major signing: De Silvestri & van der Vaart

Team of the year:

GK-Reina

DL-Insua (Riise was out with broken leg most of the season)

DR-Finnan (De Silvestri was INE for Euro competitions)

DC-Agger & Carragher

DM-Alonso

MLC-Babel (Players' young player of the year)

MC-Gerard

MRC-Benayoun

AMC-van de Vaart (Fans' player of the year/Footballer of the Year/Top Goalscorer)

FC-Torres (Players' Player of the year)

BPL-1.jpg

Here's some highlights of my season icon_biggrin.gif

6-2manu.jpg

5-1che.jpg

4-1ars.jpg

3-0eve.jpg

2-1che.jpg

5-5ars.jpg

3-2bar.jpg

Originally posted by Sin City:

Hey, started a new game.

Just starting the first season and so far i've signed;

Huntelaar

Kompany

Zapater

Veloso

De Silvestri

Giovinco (Due end of season)

Cassani

Belluschi

Felipe

Aaritalo

Marcelo

Saivet

Lulinha

Sold players like, Sissoko, Alonso, Kuyt and Riise to fund it all though :p

agree with you........liverpool will be a better team. ^^!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RufftyMan:

Yea having trouble with my pool side. am like drawing all my games. Has pie-head's new pud tactic worked for u or Lvpools tatic given u much joy? just lost the FA cup semis to villa icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not had much luck so far, but maybe the team takes a while to gel to the new style and formation. Need something soon 'cos im losing the enjoyment of playing it at the minute when you start to struggle against QPR icon_frown.gif

After a long time of tinkering with my tactics my teams really started to find form in the 2nd half of the season while Torres & Owen started to hit form.Torres scored 21 in 32 while Owens scored 15 in 30. After a terrible start i'm now 4 points adrift of Chelsea at the top but they've started dropping points while i'm winning icon_biggrin.gif

Guest Pkenny40

Keep getting sacked just before Christmas. Have played JMTK08 tactic and the 4-1-2-1-2 tactic doesnt seem to do well either. Signed Owen for £ 19 million after bankrolling the future by spreading £ 10 million over 24 months. Voronin usually starts very well but quickly runs out of form. Torres is patchy and Gerrard is very quiet in my games. Xabi Alonson seems to be great at taking free-kicks. I think being constrained by £ 8 million to start off with doesnt help with dodgy right back and central defenders. Anybody have recommendations on best way to use £ 8 million ?

Was Thinking of Signing Henry From Barcelona He is worth 15 Million atm...they want 22 mil do you think this is worth it? He still looks a class player and kuyt and voronin are just not cutting it for me!!!

In my first season i have Bought Marcelo(Think Thats how you spell it) From Madrid for 5 mil and This 17 year old french DLC from PSG who my scout said will be good.

Going into the last day of the season. The table reads

Arsenal 81 +48

Liverpool 81 +45

Man U 81 +41,

Couldnt be more exiting...

Or could it I am away to Arsenal. If i win the league is mine. Unless Man U can win and close down the 4 goals away at already relegated 19th place Sunderland.

I am scared i dont want to play haha

Originally posted by Igor_Biscan:

Going into the last day of the season. The table reads

Arsenal 81 +48

Liverpool 81 +45

Man U 81 +41,

Couldnt be more exiting...

Or could it I am away to Arsenal. If i win the league is mine. Unless Man U can win and close down the 4 goals away at already relegated 19th place Sunderland.

I am scared i dont want to play haha

That sounds like some game, congrats. Always better when its a tight run thing.

1st season with liverpool (8.0.1)

(Prem)Liverpool 5-2 Blackburn

Torres(2),Gerrard(2),Alonso

(CL)Liverpool 5-0 AEK

Leto(2),Crouch(3)

(Prem)Fulham 0-2 Liverpool

Crouch,Modric

(Prem)Liverpool 9-1 Spurs

Van Der Varrt(3),Torres,Crouch(3),Carragher,Gerrard

This was Van Der Varrt's first match 3 goals and 3 assists.He ripped Spurs apart)

Players In:Wijnaldum(950k),Dalla Valle(35k),Preston Edwards(free),Aaritalo(100k),Saivet(1m),Ignasherich(free),Falcao(2.7m out on loan to get work permit),Modric(5m),Van Der Varrt(10.25m)

Players Out:6 res players(1.2m alltogether),Sissoko(10m plus 50% next sale),Kewell(3.5m),Itanjde(2m),Benayoun(4.5m)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ellis123:

anyone having trouble with Liverpool then go here http://www.gigasize.com/get.php?d=oh7yyyfcytc

Hmm could u like describe ur tactic and what it has achieved by any chance?

Bruffell06./.. what tactic do u use? a 433 or 442 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I've been using a 4-4-2 but the AI starting to figure it out so might try a 4-2-1-2-1 (with a AML & AMR)

Archived