FM08: Official Liverpool Thread

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by jack0923:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zeus1892:

jack, scroll up mate i asked OST how to do it and he very nice'ly told me how to do it so scroll up mate^^^ icon14.gif

cheers zeus.much appreciated </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Np mate anytime icon14.gif

Originally posted by RufftyMan:

hey old scouser tommy, know everyone asks but any chance of a email with that shankly gates bg?

can't get onto lfc.tv into the wallpaper section which am guessing is where it is

cheers in advance mate

Check your mail mate icon14.gif

could somebody whos into a Liverpool game 3 or 4 years in please show me screenshots of some youngsters?.i.e...lindfied,el zhar,spearing,leto,anderson.because whatever screenshots i see from other people they havnt been on decent schedules and it makes all the difference icon_biggrin.gif.cheers in advance

Originally posted by heavybass:

OMG he did, you muppet why did you sell Stevie G?!?!?! O_O

You don't sell the heart and soul of the team just like a casual toss of a tissue!

I'm sorry but without Stevie and Jamie then you don't have a Liverpool team.

Some people! Really!

Looks liike I've started a horrible trend of Shankly Gate backgrounds!

well finished my first season and it was a bit of a joke, i won the prem by a point from manure, fa cup beat west ham in the final 3-1 and champs league beat valencia in the final,

i am a little dissapointed with how easy it was this is by far my best start ever to a cm/fm game now im looking at a second season with not much to accomplish!

just bought aguero 31 mil and collocini for 8 mil as he was transfer listed to cover cb. i am also trying to sell kuyt as he dislikes mascher but he is worth 17mil at the mo, so no-one is interested. i have been getting offers for saivet of up to 5mil, winjaldum 2mil and sakho 1mil. but havent sold any. arsenal also want p anderson and have put 3 mil up not sure whether to accept.

my squad so far on august 1st is

gk reina, carson, itandje

fb aurelio, m wilson, barragan,

cb carra, agger, iganesivich?, collocini

dm/cm mascher, gerrard, lucas, sissoko

aml/r fernandez, maxi rodriguez, babel, benayoun, leto

st torres, aguero, kuyt, voronin, capcri

reserves coming through: peltier, torje, saivet, sakho, winjaldum, anderson and rodriguez

haha it's hard people complain, it's easy people complain.

i tried creating my own tactics and it worked to a point. then it fell apart. using B1GD's 4-5-1 tactic now and sitting quite comfortable on the top of the table.

knocked out of league and FA cup but champs league i'm really solid.

hey, wondering if any of you guys can shed a bit of light on my team. Im in my third season and have won the league twice and CL once

Curretnly playing a 433 Defensive away and 433 attacking at home...

GK Reina / Adan

DR Zaccarodo / McShane

DC Kompany / Breno

DC Agger / Carragher

DL Insua / Sakho

DM Lucas

DM Mash / Sissoko

CM Gerrard / mathias fernandez (sp?)

AMR Elano / Gerrard

AML mathias fernandez / Babel / Leto

FC Torres / Vela / Saivet / Kuyt

Team is starting to go down hill. Cant buy a goal. Running opposition ragged but just dont have the killer touch to finish them off!

Any Suggestion cheers in advance icon14.gif

Originally posted by crh1s:

hey, wondering if any of you guys can shed a bit of light on my team. Im in my third season and have won the league twice and CL once

GK Reina / Adan

DR Zaccarodo / McShane

DC Kompany / Breno

DC Agger / Carragher

DL Insua / Sakho

DM Lucas

DM Mash / Sissoko

AMR Elano / Gerrard

Team is starting to go down hill. Cant buy a goal. Running opposition ragged but just dont have the killer touch to finish them off!

Imo mate your way to defensive.but if its worked for three seasons im not so sure.i play similar to you.accept i play 2 cm's and an amc with aml and an amr with a lone striker.build your team around fernandez.change your tactis to involve an amc.play fernandez there as much as poss.not saying you should change your tactic to mine but have a look at the possibility of changin yours.i went through a lean spell aswel but my team came through it

Greetings, fellows... Just starting my first WWSM08 game this weekend. I'm looking at a 3-5-2 for Home matches, or away matches against weaker sides.

I haven't made up my mind about Away matches against solid teams. I'll probably go 4-4-2, but I'm considering a 4-5-1 for "Hold the Line, Lads!" matches against tough opposition.

-----Torres-------Kuyt------

---------Gerrard------------

--Riise----Alonso----Babel--

--------Mascherano----------

--Agger--Carragher--Hyppia--

-----------Reina------------

Nothing inventive on tactics, I don't think:

Back line pushes up a little. Mascherano on Closing Down and Hard Tackling. Alonso and Gerrard given Creative latitude. I used "the Rule of Two" for Mentality Settings, with the forward 6 more attacking and the rear 4 more defending. Alonso on Short Passes. Alonso and Gerrard on Through Balls. Riise and Babel on Crossing. Yadda-yadda-yadda. This team seems to practically run itself, at least for the time being.

I haven't made any transfers yet. My "ass man" says that we don't have enough depth, but I don't see the big flaws. Voronin and Crouch up front. Pennant, Sissoko, Benayoun, and Kewell. Finnan, Arbeloa, and Aurelio. Plus all those younger guys out on loan.

Is my assistant just being a wuss, or am I missing something? Should I just save my funds for January?

HELP PLEASE MY TEAM CAN'T DEFEND!!!!!

I play a 4-2-2-2 with offensive wingers, I create loads of chances but the problem is that everytime the opponents goes on the attack they easily play through my defence and comes alone with Reina. Agger and Carra man marks very well, but as soon as the through pass comes, it looks like they're sleeping doesn't follow the striker. Also no-one attacks the guy in possession, they just stand there like it's tea time or something. Anyone got some defensive tips? I tried playing with two DM's to support the CD's but still the same.

Also my strikers are missing loads of chances. I can have up to 20 shots a game and still I only win with 1-0 when I win. Gerrard shooting 50 meters over the net and in one-on-ones they either shoot right at the goalie or outside of the goal. And there's nothing wrong with my strikers, I've got Owen,Torres,Kuyt and Voronin. Everyone was excellent in the beginning, scoring on everything, but now they just miss.

HELP PLEASE

Originally posted by Simme:

HELP PLEASE MY TEAM CAN'T DEFEND!!!!!

I play a 4-2-2-2 with offensive wingers, I create loads of chances but the problem is that everytime the opponents goes on the attack they easily play through my defence and comes alone with Reina. Agger and Carra man marks very well, but as soon as the through pass comes, it looks like they're sleeping doesn't follow the striker. Also no-one attacks the guy in possession, they just stand there like it's tea time or something. Anyone got some defensive tips? I tried playing with two DM's to support the CD's but still the same.

Also my strikers are missing loads of chances. I can have up to 20 shots a game and still I only win with 1-0 when I win. Gerrard shooting 50 meters over the net and in one-on-ones they either shoot right at the goalie or outside of the goal. And there's nothing wrong with my strikers, I've got Owen,Torres,Kuyt and Voronin. Everyone was excellent in the beginning, scoring on everything, but now they just miss.

HELP PLEASE

for a pass getting through your defence easily what do you have on your defensive line settings in your team instruction.i too have owen torres kuyt but not voronin anymore.they all score for me most of the time.i play with a lone striker.most of time torres.set him as your target man into feet.and let him run with ball often.he has great flair and dribbling.all strikers have barren runs as mine do from time to time but they come through it

Originally posted by crh1s:

GK Reina / Adan

DR Zaccarodo / McShane

DC Kompany / Breno

DC Agger / Carragher

DL Insua / Sakho

DM Lucas

DM Mash / Sissoko

AMR Elano / Gerrard

wow, your squad is rather similar to mine...

i also have Adan, sakho and matias fernandez.

i'm wondering why u keep kuyt in the squad... he's not doing the job for me.

i'm no pro in tactics but maybe u can change one DMC to a CM?

i think Lucas plays better as a CM.

bought some back ups. warnock,samba and owen,rhys taylor and garay.

sold crouch.arbeloa,voronin and aureio.

started the season well then had a huge off form that lasted thru xmas. then picked up again.

ım out of title race, won the leaugue cup still in champions leaugue and fa cup.

alonso wants to leave to spain. so thats a pain as he was my playmaker.

have any of you used sisioko as a utility man?

he is my back up dm man and as well back up central defender his attrıbutes make for a good defender.

boro seems to be going down o hopefully i wii raid them for downing and thining of getting bentley from blackburn next season.

i want to try to keep it as english as possible.

i want to try to keep it as english as possible.

just started a new save with liv and really want to try and have as many good english players in first team and reserves coming through - means selling some above average johnny foriegners but need players who will fight for the cause over the winter!

selling aurelio once fit, benayoun as does not suit my formation/instructions, kuyt (just never liked him and feel he is over rated), Voronin who???? before Benitez signed him, Hyppia past it, Kewell, Arbeloa, loaning Leto and Insua as they are too good to sell just need game time that i can not guarantee that. this should raise hopefully £25 million ish.

Planning on trying to bring in

Downing, Maddock d/wb/m L from Leiester, Micheal Johnston and Richards of Man City and hopefully Barry and Young from Villa is the funds will stretch that far.

any other suggestions?

I solved the problem with my defense now icon_smile.gif

I switched to a 4-2-3-1 with a lone striker as jack0923 said. Also I set my defense to deep, man marking instead of zonal, tight marking. And everyone has direct passes. Also the two DM's are set to hard tackling and closing down often. My 4 results with it is:

A Bolton 4-1 Riise,Xabi,Ääritalo,Kuyt

H Slavia Prag 3-0 Riise, Babel 2

H Manchester United 2-1 Gerrard,Torres

A Stuttgart 4-2 Babel,Mascherano,Pennant,Kewell

Torres scored after 93:47 against Man Utd icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif it was only supposed to be 3 minutes added time. And both CL games were without Gerrard as he was suspended 2 games for an elbow.

First Line-up: 4-2-3-1 (reserves)

GK: Reina (Itandje)

LB: Aurélio (Insua)

CD: Carra (Agger)

CD: Hyypiä (Breno arrives in January)

RB: Finnan (Arbeloa)

DM: Mascherano (Sissoko)

DM: Xabi (Lucas)

AML: Riise (Kewell,Ääritalo)

AMC: Gerrard (Benayoun)

AMR: Babel (Pennant)

ST: Torres/kuyt/Owen (Voronin)

Owen started magnificent in my game scoring 5 goals in 3 games in August, but since then he hasn't scored. I'm in December now :S so he's warming the bench ATM

Talents I bought:

Niklas Bärkroth

MIka Ääritalo

Lulinha (Arrives in July 2008)

Breno

Saivet (Arrives July 2008)

Banega (Arrives July 2008)

Help - my game is ruined! Everything was going so well I have just started season 3 but all my friendlies have been cancelled!!

I start with the Community Shield and the team are outclassed and then i get 2 sent off v middboro at home in the first game - everyone is completely unfit. It will take me at least a month to get all 20 players match fit - until then i aint havin fun and have gone off the game completely.

I cant rearrange friendlies as there is a 2 week window where i cant arrange games before the charity shield yet its pre season.

Oh well looks like i will be ditchin this an buyin cod4 sooner than I thought.

Anyone else get this problem?

I feel aurelio is very under rated by most ppl in the forum, he has been the highest rated player for me in season 2 for my pool side!! he scores great free kicks!!

Xabi too! he scores wonder goals and seems to be having a greater influence than gerrad!!

And it s weird but playing a DMC seems to be the way to go since for this version of FM... anybody having success with playing 2 strikers upfront?

Finished my frist season:

Premiership:Liverpool

Carling Cup:Liverpool

FA Cup:Spurs

Champion League:Man U

Heres my sqaud:

GK:Reina,Carson,Bouzanis

RB:Finnan,Barragan

LB:Riise,Marcelo,Insua

CB:Carragher,Breno,Agger,Hobbs

DM:Mascherano,Banega,Lucas,Alonso

AM:Gerrard,Quaresma,Modric,Babel,Leto

ST:Kuyt,Owen,Torres(Player of the year)

Transfer that are coming in(1.7.2008)

Duplus(Free)

Iago(3m)

Damien Le Tallec(Free)

Lulinha(2.9m)

Riquelme(Free)

and possible Vanger Love(Leaving CSKA on a Bosman)

I have 60m to spend who should I buy/sell?

Originally posted by Sweet-Zombie-Jesus:

Heres my sqaud:

Duplus(Free)

Iago(3m)

Damien Le Tallec(Free)

Lulinha(2.9m)

Riquelme(Free)

Buy from:

Aguero

Zaccardo

Bazargli

Cassani

silva

S ramos

richards

akinfeev

Sell, it depends on how well they've done for you but these are all the people who i have felt in my games weren't up to standard:

leto?

kuyt?

agger?

finnan?

reina:

Originally posted by Lvpool:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sweet-Zombie-Jesus:

Heres my sqaud:

Duplus(Free)

Iago(3m)

Damien Le Tallec(Free)

Lulinha(2.9m)

Riquelme(Free)

Buy from:

Aguero

Zaccardo

Bazargli

Cassani

silva

S ramos

richards

akinfeev

Sell, it depends on how well they've done for you but these are all the people who i have felt in my games weren't up to standard:

leto?

kuyt?

agger?

finnan?

reina: </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm loaning out Leto and selling Finnan.I trying to sell owen(5 goals in 30 app).I just got a bid for Agger for 18.25m but I want 25m for him.Reina won goalkeeper of the year and only conceaded 19 goals in 46 app.I'm thinking about selling Modric who is worth 9m.I'm also trying to buy mathiz fernandez i have a 10m bid accepted for him.

What to people reckon cos i'm not sure i've done the right thing!

Sold Agger to Madrid for £13million and bought Swason in from Spurs for £7million.

Anydoby got experience of Dawson in this game?

Has anybody successfully bought Micah Ricgards and if so for how much?

Cheers

Originally posted by Starskysdad:

Help - my game is ruined! Everything was going so well I have just started season 3 but all my friendlies have been cancelled!!

I start with the Community Shield and the team are outclassed and then i get 2 sent off v middboro at home in the first game - everyone is completely unfit. It will take me at least a month to get all 20 players match fit - until then i aint havin fun and have gone off the game completely.

I cant rearrange friendlies as there is a 2 week window where i cant arrange games before the charity shield yet its pre season.

Oh well looks like i will be ditchin this an buyin cod4 sooner than I thought.

Anyone else get this problem?

I've never had that problem but a simple solution would have been to schedule friendlies against your reserve team. They always will accept and that way you can play your squad and get them in game shape.

I have done something similar in the past when I played with a created team. My reserves and under-18 sqauds wouldn't be in any leagues so I would have them play each other all season long to keep fit.

Is aguero worth 32.5m.Thats how much A.Madrid want for him.Should I buy him?

THe lad is highly rated... juz made a cheeky bid for 35.5 mil plus add ons and i got him..cant believe it!! had to sell crouchie for 9 mil tho icon_frown.gif scored 1 goal in 15 appearances for my 2nd season......

will report back on how augero does

I am now in January of my first season.

I'm always quite keen on keeping the team realistic and tend to focus on young British talent where possible, although I don't sell players off just because they are foreign.

Because of this I stuck with the same team to begin with.

I chose a 4-1-1-3-1 formation which looks like this:

Reina

Finnan Carragher Agger Riise

Mascherano

Alonso

Benayoun Gerrard Babel

Torres

As the season neared closer I realised I had a surplus of players so decided to sell 1 midfielder and 1 striker. Sissoko was my decision for MF, I rate him but not as highly as the other ioptions I had so he went to Newcastle for £20m + 50%.

Kuyt followed him shortly afterwards, mainly a decision based on real life. He went to Lazio for £15m + 50%.

The only transfers in were Joe Mattock for £1m from Leicester and Preston Edwards, £500k from Millwall.

I have long term targets Michael Johnson and Steven Taylor but I am prepared to wait, I'm not spending silly money on them.

Come January I am second in the league (10 points behind Chelsea). I decided I needed a different outlet on the wing so I bought James Milner for £13.75m. He has settled in well and scored 2 in his 2nd game.

The main focus of the game is the youth setup. I feel the youth Liverpool have already is quality and instead of buying players, as I sell them from the first team I will promote players to replace them.

The main players I am looking to bring through are:

Jay Spearing

Danny Guthrie

Adam Hammill

Sean Highdale

Craig Lindfield

Jack Hobbs

David Amoo

Obviously they will be introduced at different stages due to varying ability levels and ages but I want local academy players to have good opportuinites, how football used to be.

I am confident these players can make the step up if given the chance, I wish Liverpool would give them a chance in real life instead of only the exceptional talents making it through (Gerrard, Owen, Carragher). We still end up buying players to fill the squad out, why can't we use these academy products?

The transfer is now closed.

Players In:

Marin(500k)

Duplus(Free)

D Le Tallec(Free)

Riquelme(Free)

Iago(3.3m)

Lulinha(2.9m)

Vanger Love(Free,out on loan to get WP)

Ninis(1.5m)

Mathis Fernandez(10m)

Pirlo(Loan with 4.5m to buy)

Aguero(32.5)

Maldini(Free)

Ratinho(10 over 24 months)

Players Out:

10 Youth players

Mihaylov(1.4m)

Smith(20k)

Huth(100k)

Aaritalo(10m)

Ignashevich(3.5m)

Modric(20m)

Riise(10m and 40m over 24 months)

Owen(40m over 24 months)

Martin(100k)

Leto(7m plus 50% next sale)

Alonso(10m plus 40m over 24 months and 50% next sale)

Kuyt(30m)

Played 5 games in prem.Won 5 Scored 12 goals Conceaded 3

Babel is on fire 5 goals in 5 app

Torres has got 2 goals but 6 assists

Agureo was playing for Brazils u23 but he has came off the bench twice and has been disspointing.

Quaresma is out for 2 months.

Players In:

Marin(500k)

Duplus(Free)

D Le Tallec(Free)

Riquelme(Free)

Iago(3.3m)

Lulinha(2.9m)

Ninis(1.5m)

Mathis Fernandez(10m)

Aguero(32.5)

Maldini(Free)

Players Out:

10 Youth players

Mihaylov(1.4m)

Smith(20k)

Huth(100k)

Aaritalo(10m)

Ignashevich(3.5m)

Modric(20m)

Owen(40m over 24 months)

Martin(100k)

Kuyt(30m)

Agureo was playing for Brazils u23 but he has came off the bench twice and has been disspointing.

Some nice transfers there..i see u got Augero too, a aletico madrid reunion for torres ic.

interesting to note that augero plays for ur brazil under 23s tho..

Originally posted by Chrisz:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sweet-Zombie-Jesus:

Players In:

Marin(500k)

Duplus(Free)

D Le Tallec(Free)

Riquelme(Free)

Iago(3.3m)

Lulinha(2.9m)

Ninis(1.5m)

Mathis Fernandez(10m)

Aguero(32.5)

Maldini(Free)

Players Out:

10 Youth players

Mihaylov(1.4m)

Smith(20k)

Huth(100k)

Aaritalo(10m)

Ignashevich(3.5m)

Modric(20m)

Owen(40m over 24 months)

Martin(100k)

Kuyt(30m)

Some nice transfers there..i see u got Augero too, a aletico madrid reunion for torres ic.

interesting to note that augero plays for ur brazil under 23s tho.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was meant to be Argentina icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally posted by Riziger:

21M is alotta money. i let him go for 18M.

let masch play that DMC role. he's solid for me there.

I got a nice £35 mill for Xabi. I bought myself Camacho from Ath Madrid and Benega (spelling) from Boca for £3.7 and £5.6 mill respectively.

I had a succesful 1st season won the league, the fa cup and the league cup and reached the final of the champons league. And torres banged in 55 goals in all competitions what a hero. my team lined up like this

reina

rafinha agger carragher riise

babel mascherano gerrard downing

torres kuyt

Originally posted by AdZV:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Riziger:

21M is alotta money. i let him go for 18M.

let masch play that DMC role. he's solid for me there.

I got a nice £35 mill for Xabi. I bought myself Camacho from Ath Madrid and Benega (spelling) from Boca for £3.7 and £5.6 mill respectively. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What?! my board accepted a 25 mil bid for me. So now I play Mascherano,Sissoko as DM. Wil ltry to get Banega but they turned down my 10 mil bid + 50% on next sell. How did you do to get him for £5.6?

Originally posted by Chrisz:

I feel aurelio is very under rated by most ppl in the forum, he has been the highest rated player for me in season 2 for my pool side!! he scores great free kicks!!

Xabi too! he scores wonder goals and seems to be having a greater influence than gerrad!!

Yep, Aurelio is very good for me too. I'm rotating him and Marcelo at LB. Aurelio is very injury prone and only plays about one third of the games, but Marcelo is great as back up.

Alonso was my most important player in the first season. Brilliant playmaker and hardly ever lost possesion. But then Real Madrid made a £16m bid which I obviously rejected, and Alonso has been unhappy since, saying he needs a new challenge. I'm now near the end of september and he's still unhappy and his performances have dropped as a result. If he keeps slipping up, I might have to give Lucas a run in the side.

Originally posted by Eiler:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chrisz:

Yep, Aurelio is very good for me too. I'm rotating him and Marcelo at LB. Aurelio is very injury prone and only plays about one third of the games, but Marcelo is great as back up.

Alonso was my most important player in the first season. Brilliant playmaker and hardly ever lost possesion. But then Real Madrid made a £16m bid which I obviously rejected, and Alonso has been unhappy since, saying he needs a new challenge. I'm now near the end of september and he's still unhappy and his performances have dropped as a result. If he keeps slipping up, I might have to give Lucas a run in the side. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> If i was you mate, id get rid of him now and get the big money before his performances scare away intrested parties, lucas can become even better than xabi if you give him a long run in the team, plus once a player wants a new challenge theres no chance they change there minds! Riise done it with me on the first 3 months of the game so i sold him for 8 mill to spurs, i didnt really want to get rid but i had no choice so bought marcelo which i have to say is a legend already!

Archived