FM08: Official Liverpool Thread

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NOOOO, my league form is shocking. Won my last 2 friendlies. Torres had 11 goals from 5 games. First game of the season was home to west ham, lost 3-0. Playes steau bucharest in champs league qual, won first leg 5-0. lost 2nd game of the season 1-0 away to birmingham. WHY????

Originally posted by heavybass:

Sure go ahead with that OST... send it to djfunkyc2001@hotmail.com cause my Postmaster account went corportate and thus it's a bitch now.

I'll do it tonight when I get in from work before I head off to the match.

Hope cleon doesn't shout at you for posting your e-mail address.

Just an update on my earlier posts guys, january third season just got eto'o for 7m as he was transfer listed by request an his contract was runnin out end of the season, so as i play a 4 - 3 - 3 but with an AML and a AMR, having torres, saviola and eto'o wih zarate in the reserves for cover is a lethal strikeforce. Any1 notice how good utaka and ashley young are, for the past 3 seasons its been them two goin for golden boot, and last season ashley young got 33 league goals in 35 appearances. Thinking of putting in a bid for him as i play either ben arfa or matias fernandez AML and babel or gerrard AMR as my AM is either Van Der Vaart or Lucas (but Torres and Saviola both been retrained so there accomplished in AMC) leaving Mascherano and Pirlo CMs. Also Akinfeev is possibly the best GK on the game as his av.rat this season so far is 7.24 were as Reinas were below 6.8 for two seasons running. New stadium end of the season aswell i cant wait.

PS; any notice carra b4 on sky sports news saying that if we dont qualify we can do well in the uefa cup, hes neva one to have a negative attitude :S, hopefully as nando was back in trainin yesterday we can and should win against beskitas and porto at home, and then hopefully get a win in marseille, liverpool tend to do things the hard (and dramatic) way,

COME ON RED MEN!!!!

sorry if i shudnt post this here but ive been thinkin about it whilst typing the abbove post

Originally posted by zeus1892:

Old scouser, how do you put in the backgrounds mate, got a couple torres wallpapers i wouldnt mind putting in the game? icon14.gif

My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2008/Skins/whatever the name of the skin you use/Backgrounds then rename the picture 'default' and replace the existing default background jpeg.

Will do zeus1892. I do love those retro kits. Makes me feel young again.

I guess this 24months fee has been fixed in the updated beta patch? I tried it with Kuyt but clubs like Inter say its not good value or whatever *shrugs*

If it does work perhaps I'm doing it wrong haha a screenshot of the transfer window would be appreciated icon_wink.gif

Just a note to all out there... keep an eye on your reserves, there are gems amongst the reserve and youth that can make it someday.

Hobbs is one followed by Antwi and Roque... then you got the usual good ones such as Spearing, Anderson, Hamill, Guthrie, Hansen, Amoo etc.

At least 2nd season or so you will have youth to use in Champions League just in case they get coroporate.

So remember fans of LFC aka those who just started... these areas need sorting out which are CB, LW, RW and RB cause they are good areas that need covering or adding.

you want total football? then you should have been at anfield last night. That was better than any arsenal performance this season. Absolutely sublime!!

In other news just finished third season and van der vaart and alves both had stormers, eto'o in january got 13 goals by may and poor lod dirk and rafinha are on there way out for 8.5m and 7.5m.

Just a tip for people wondering what youngsters to keep at lfc, dean bouzanis is a cracking goalkeeper, and jack hobbs i sold to arsenal but have a buy back clause and hes been called up to the england squad, also godwin antwi and miki roque are both chased by the likes of barca, mlian an sevilla. Leto and Insua have been loaned out past 3 seasons and they both look ready for my squad.

Also as nigeria boss i eased thru the african nations and am 3rd in the world rankings. My world cup group is spain, czech republic and south korea

Hopefully al get a few screenhots up soon guys

Hi all. I'm new to the FM baords this season and just wanted to introduce myself and get chatting with you, rather than just trolling for information like last season!

Still in my first season before x-mas but not doing so badly so far. Beaten Arsenal and Man Utd in the league and both times after going 2-0 down! Only dark spot being a 1-0 loss to Reading after them being reduced to 9 men. And last night got a cracking result against Chelski in the League Cup, 2-1 to the mighty reds thanks to a brace from Torres. Things are looking up apart from the injury list! Gerrard - 2 months, Babel - 2 months, Agger - 1 month, Aurelio - 1 month, Farfan - 1 month and Arbeloa - 1 month.

Good to see that everyone else seems to be doing ok and I can only imagine the potential once the closing down bug is resolved. Best of 8 to you all icon_biggrin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by zeus1892:

Old scouser, how do you put in the backgrounds mate, got a couple torres wallpapers i wouldnt mind putting in the game?

My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2008/Skins/whatever the name of the skin you use/Backgrounds then rename the picture 'default' and replace the existing default background jpeg.

Will do zeus1892. I do love those retro kits. Makes me feel young again.

cheers mate hope this quote thing works its the first time iv used it icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Hin:

Need some advise here.

Got offered 21M pounds for Xabi Alonso in 1st season.

I have Banega,Lucas,Mascherano,Sissoko and Alonso as DMC..

Shud i let him go?

I sold him for 35m so i would try and negotiate for more

Originally posted by Old Scouser Tommy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ArcticMonkey:

OST, could you please send the "sexy" shankly gates background u have to my email address, thanks.

Yeah will do no probs. Give us a few mins. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nice one mate

Originally posted by bruffell06:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JasK:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Riziger:

wow JasK.... those are some transfers man. 40 mil for Crouch? tottenham spent 80 mil on average players.....

total received 301 mil.... haha well done man.

Yes, i am surprised it still works. Somehow teams like newcastle, tottenham, man city, portsmouth, sometimes arsenal, are the ones who fall for it. And they seem so much richer than us being able to pay 30, 40m over 24mths. Some italian teams also falls for it. And for fees like this, the chairman always accept for you, that is after the initial steps of putting them on transfer list, offer over 24mths + 50% next sale everyone. It's silly money thou and not realistic..but it gets liverpool real rich in couple seasons. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just tried this trick with Ryan Babel and it worked, Real Madrid aggreed to buy him for 30m over 24 months and 50% of next sale </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is a small risk of clubs going into debt. Newcastle just went into administration and got 9 points docked and is in debt now. With this i made a bid of $0 for owen and barnetta and got accepted, other players also can get at really low bids but these are the players which are mostly drawing too much wages.

Also tottenham sold off crouch for 6m after playing just 2 games, i got 3m off it... pretty silly and unrealistic as they are still paying 1.7m a mth for another 18mths to me.

Reina

Itadje

Finnan

Arbeloa

Hyppia

Carragher

Barzagli

Riise

Aurelio

Quaresma

Pennant

Gerrard

VDV

Lucas

Alonso

Mascherano

Sissoko

Babel

Menez

Kewell

Torres

Kuyt

Voronin

Crouch

Quite possibly the most deadliest depthful squad EVER... and you got the reserves who are full of players that can step up and take their places in a crisis.

Oh I'm looking forward to starting this year off.

Results so far

3-0 Crewe

4-0 Wrexham

Thanks OST... I'm not quite done yet in terms of spending but like you I have resigned Barragan just because he can provide RB cover which is brilliant... and then you got Insua for LB.

Plus I has the Finn that everyone is praising Aaritalo and since he's got 140 CA then he'll be used in the team.

Not sure who I can bring in for cover for CB but there's plenty of choice out there. and **** I forgot Agger O_O

Reina

Itadje

Finnan

Arbeloa

Barragan

Hyppia

Carragher

Agger

Barzagli

Riise

Aurelio

Insua

Quaresma

Pennant

Gerrard

VDV

Lucas

Alonso

Mascherano

Sissoko

Babel

Menez

Kewell

Aaritalo

Torres

Kuyt

Voronin

Crouch

Quite possibly the most deadliest depthful squad EVER... and you got the reserves who are full of players that can step up and take their places in a crisis.

Oh I'm looking forward to starting this year off.

Results so far

3-0 Crewe

4-0 Wrexham

Not sure who I can bring in for cover for CB but there's plenty of choice out there. and **** I forgot Agger O_O

You have to wait 'til January to get Breno. If needed just bring Hobbs through. Also Spearing can slot in there if you're deperate. I've been re-training Sissoko to maybe play there. He seems to have all the physical attributes to do it but it's another matter as to whether he can. In his favoured moves, or whatever it's called, he has get forward whenever possible so that could point towards a lack of positional discipline. That's why I don't use him as a DMC too often.

After finally getting fm08 I've started with Liverpool.

I haven't made too many changes, The only people I've brought in are Beniot Costil and Mika Aaritalo, but I have Nuri Sahin coming in at the end of the season for £3.9m.

Here are my results so far

July.

(f)6-1 v Kobenhavn.

Gerrard (3), Kuyt, Torres, Pennant.

(f)1-0 v Onda

Voronin

(f)4-0 v Ceuta

Pennant, Riise, Alonso, Benayoun.

(f)4-0 v Real Sporting

Alonso, Torres, Babel, OG

(f)6-0 v Wrexham

Torres (2), Kuyt (2), Babel, Alonso.

August.

(f)1-1 v Valencia.

Riise.

1-0 v Birmingham

Torres

(CL) 2-0 v Genk

Carragher, Mascherano

1-0 v Bolton

Mascherano

2-0 v Man City

Torres, Babel (Gerrard injured for month icon_frown.gif)

(CL) 0-1 v Genk (2-1 Aggregate.)

September.

2-2 v Fulham

Babel, Torres

2-0 v Tottenham

Sissoko (2)

(EU)1-3 v Stuttgart icon_frown.gif

Alonso

4-0 v West Ham

Aaritalo (2), Sissoko, Alonso

(LC) 3-1 v Millwall.

Lucas, Sissoko, Insua

October.

0-0 v Blackburn

1-2 v Dinamo Kiev.

Torres

2-0 v Portsmouth

Sissoko, Babel.

I'm 2nd in the prem behind chelski icon_mad.gif

Who would you reccomend to buy?

My team is really despondent at the moment and I was thinking a signing could help. I have £6.5m to spend.

icon_smile.gif

I might train Lucas to be what he is IRL... AMC and cover for Stevie and VDV.

I'm doing that too. He is quality. I've played him as a DMC in The League Cup. But normally he's cover for Gerrard just infront of either Alonso or Mascherano.

When I finish this season I'm gonna try not to bring in too many players. I'd like to start bringing some of our excellent reserve players through. The ones you mentioned earlier seem to best but Nathan Ecclestone looks decent as does Plessis.

alrite chaps finally got into the new anfield in my 4th season, i decided to splash out and sign lionel messi for 43.5m (minimum fee release clause), also signed drenthe on loan as cover cos i sold gareth barry. Got wonderkid aaron from valencia on a free aswell

heres my squad;

squadcp1.th.png

Hey I'm in first season and I just got a bid from Real Madrid. They want to buy Xabi for £18 mil and I'm wondering if I should sell or not, It's 31st August as well so I don't have time to sen a counteroffer. Should I sell him?

Originally posted by woolfc:

alrite chaps finally got into the new anfield in my 4th season, i decided to splash out and sign lionel messi for 43.5m (minimum fee release clause), also signed drenthe on loan as cover cos i sold gareth barry. Got wonderkid aaron from valencia on a free aswell

heres my squad;

squadcp1.th.png

woa u managed to get messi am surprised he wld come to pool..... oh how does aaron niguez turn out?

Started my much awaited Liverpool game a few days ago and havnt started to badly.

Made a few quailty signings and one or two for the future. Here is my squad/formation:LiverpoolformationNov07.jpg

Have also signed:

Alex(Vasco) 95k

Breno 3.6m

s.sidwell 2.2m

(all joining in jan)

Heres how i've started in the league:Note the conceded column.

Nov07.jpg

Finally, heres my result of the season so far,aint bad is it!

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc286/arcticmonkeyy/LivvsManUtd.jpg

All feedback welcome and appreciated.

Archived