FM08: Official Liverpool Thread

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a problem.Im only just managing to cope with keeping everyone happy as it is.I play a 4-2-3-1 using SZJ'S tactic.I already have Riquelme,Fernandez,Leto,Kewell,Babel,Benayoun,Quaresma.Aswell as Anderson and Hammill coming through.BUT aswell as all these players for practically three position I've got Joe Cole,Dos Santos and Valdivia coming at end of season!.HELP, who to get rid of and why?

Originally posted by Sweet-Zombie-Jesus:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by youri8:

I've just swept my four competitions in season one! I can't believe how well I've done, all thanks to SZJ's 4-2-3-1 tactic. I chased Chelsea until the last day of the season in the league, I had 31 wins, 5 draws and 2 losses for 98 points and still only beat them by 3! I beat Man U in the Carling Cup Final and FA Cup Final and beat Chelsea 4-1 on penalties after a 2-2 draw for the Champions League, I'm elated. I'm hearing great things about VDV so I might go after him, Breno's arriving soon as well. Other than that I'm not sure who to get rid of besides Pennant and I think probably Yossi too. Babel, Leto, Kewell have all performed well and Vornonin and Kuyt have been good coming from the midfield pushing into attack. Cheers to SZJ and his masterpiece of a tactic.

Good to see my tactic is working well for u.Who is your best 11? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

GK: Reina

RB: Arbeloa

LB: Riise

CB: Carra

CB: Agger

DM: Alonso

DM: Lucas/Sissoko

AM: Voronin

AM: Gerrard

AM: Babbel/Leto

ST: Torres

Is VDV worth 20 mil?

hi there,

was getting on ok with my pool team, no signings made first season, good solid start to the prem and still in champions league. was up in second place heading into december, then lost 3 in a row against everton(one-nil at home), chelsea(one nil away) and then man u(4-1 at home). so i drop into 5th place and after the united game gillett sacks me - bit harsh i thought? has anyone else felt gillett is a bit trigger happy?

Originally posted by jack0923:

I have a problem.Im only just managing to cope with keeping everyone happy as it is.I play a 4-2-3-1 using SZJ'S tactic.I already have Riquelme,Fernandez,Leto,Kewell,Babel,Benayoun,Quaresma.Aswell as Anderson and Hammill coming through.BUT aswell as all these players for practically three position I've got Joe Cole,Dos Santos and Valdivia coming at end of season!.HELP, who to get rid of and why?

Benayoun should go, and Joe Cole? cancel that deal on general principal, he spends his entire career crying for fouls.

Originally posted by youri8:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jack0923:

Benayoun should go, and Joe Cole? cancel that deal on general principal, he spends his entire career crying for fouls. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can't cancel it as I've already confirmed the transfer?There's no way of cancelling is there?.I have a soft spot for original pool players and any good english players

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by youri8:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jack0923:

Benayoun should go, and Joe Cole? cancel that deal on general principal, he spends his entire career crying for fouls. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can't cancel it as I've already confirmed the transfer?There's no way of cancelling is there?.I have a soft spot for original pool players and any good english players </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have the same problem with not wanting to sell real life Liverpool players but Benayoun isn't near the standard as the others you have, the only other ones I consider expendable out of that list are Riquelme maybe only because of his age and Kewell because he is so injury prone but I have to admit I would have a tough time selling him.

Can't cancel it as I've already confirmed the transfer?There's no way of cancelling is there?.I have a soft spot for original pool players and any good english players </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have the same problem with not wanting to sell real life Liverpool players but Benayoun isn't near the standard as the others you have, the only other ones I consider expendable out of that list are Riquelme maybe only because of his age and Kewell because he is so injury prone but I have to admit I would have a tough time selling him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think I'd say Quaresma and maybe even Fernandez if I got decent offers.So hard to decide who to let go

Sell Kewell,Benayoun,Riquelme and Leto

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sweet-Zombie-Jesus:

I've just swept my four competitions in season one! I can't believe how well I've done, all thanks to SZJ's 4-2-3-1 tactic. I chased Chelsea until the last day of the season in the league, I had 31 wins, 5 draws and 2 losses for 98 points and still only beat them by 3! I beat Man U in the Carling Cup Final and FA Cup Final and beat Chelsea 4-1 on penalties after a 2-2 draw for the Champions League, I'm elated. I'm hearing great things about VDV so I might go after him, Breno's arriving soon as well. Other than that I'm not sure who to get rid of besides Pennant and I think probably Yossi too. Babel, Leto, Kewell have all performed well and Vornonin and Kuyt have been good coming from the midfield pushing into attack. Cheers to SZJ and his masterpiece of a tactic.

Good to see my tactic is working well for u.Who is your best 11? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

GK: Reina

RB: Arbeloa

LB: Riise

CB: Carra

CB: Agger

DM: Alonso

DM: Lucas/Sissoko

AM: Voronin

AM: Gerrard

AM: Babbel/Leto

ST: Torres

Is VDV worth 20 mil? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats a bit much for VDV.The most u should pay for him is 15m.

Guest jaymojohnson

only really made one signing and that was Barzagli(sp?) form Palermo

team was like this:

REINA

CARRAGHER BARZAGLI AGGER

FINNAN RIISE

ALONSO SISSOKO

GERRARD

KUYT TORRES

eoslfcbc5.png

end of season 1 barca knocked me out of cl 7-5 on agg,chelsea knocked me out of league cup on pens, man utd beat me 5-3 in fa cup won the LEAGUE icon_biggrin.gificon14.gif

eosinoutzz5.png

am due to get another 20m for alonso after 30 league aswell as the 15.5m i already recieved you cant see all my outs as there was so many

i may have come up with a tactic that works finally icon_smile.gif I need to test if for another few games but so far i have played 6 games with it with the following results. 2 draws 4 wins)

sparta prague : 0 - 0 away

portsmith : 3 - 1 home

blackburn : 4 -0 home

sparta prague : 0 -0 home (two goals dissalowed for offside, although from the replay they were good)

man u : 3-4 away

bolton : 2-1 home

it is an unorthodox 3-1-2-2-2 tactic

with 3 cb's, dmc, 2 mc's (one defensive one attacking with a farrow to amc), 2 wingers aml and amr both with fsarrows to the central striker position and two strikers with sarrows to the fl fr positions.

defensivly it is actually ok. opposition wingers can expose you but when the cross, hyypia, agger and carra generally get there before the strikers. Ronaldo was dangerous for the manure game cos he exposed the wing and then cut in, but i scored more than them so it was ok.

Palacio is fantastic on the wing icon_smile.gif

my god.........

im in my second season

and i won the premiership in my first season with liverpool

im in nearly in the semis of the champs league, and im second in the league. arsenal and liverpool being way infront of everyone else

and i get a message saying the board are considering my future!!!!!!!!!!!! what the hell!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Dmc1759:

my god.........

im in my second season

and i won the premiership in my first season with liverpool

im in nearly in the semis of the champs league, and im second in the league. arsenal and liverpool being way infront of everyone else

and i get a message saying the board are considering my future!!!!!!!!!!!! what the hell!!!!!!!

Thats a bug and your probably going to get sacked.The patch is out tonight so just wait for it and that bug will be fixed(i hope).

Originally posted by Dmc1759:

actually is it possible to wait for the patch....and continue on with this save without getting sacked then?

I think to see the best of the patch we will have to start all over... but i guess it is still possible as in save game compatible but i heard there is a data update as well...

doubt it will be up tonight tho

My Squad

Keepers:

Reina, Itandje

Defenders:

Riise, Aurelio, Hyppia, Agger, Onuoha, Finnan, Breno

Defensive Mid:

Mascherano, Lucas, Banega, Sissoko

Midfielders:

VDV, Gerrard

Wingers:

Reyes, Aaritalo, Babel

Strikers:

Kuyt, Owen, Torres, Aguero

Notable Reserves/Youngsters:

Insua, Carson, Lulinha, Saivet, Bouzanis

I'm at the start of the second season, £7mil left to spend (we'll, can go over but got £7mil transfer balance). And thinking of getting rid of Riise and bringing somebody new in, only problem is I cant think of anyone.

I dont think I need that much improvement, but if anyone has any suggestions?

THe patch is finally up..damn and i was doing so well in my 3rd season liverpool squad wherei assembled an awesome squad with messi and augero! looks like it a brand new season!!

So started a new game and oh i found a new player, this u 18 lad from argentina which real madrid were not happy to lose..hope he turns out class..

anyone found any changed to pool? i know babel had less preferred moves...drats but well he can play in more postions tho...

Originally posted by heavybass:

He has been talked about on this forum and he's effective as a AMC but he can go on the left but his pace lets him down.

chhers on that ..hmm with a pace of 16 and acceleration of 17 i think he is one hell of afast player to be honest...well.... wonder if i still need menez for 14 mil?

noticed we get a larger transfer kitty too..nice icon_smile.gif

sold pennant so only have babel and benayoun there...

My first season with the new patch and the transfer window just closed.

Players In:

Saivet(525k)

Ignashvich(Free out on loan)

Samba(700k)

Fleck(Free)

Dalla Valle(30k)

Zarate(3m)

Kroos(1m)

Banega(3.8m)

Ninis(1m)

VDV(10.5m)

Players Out:

El Zhar(100k)

Kemeth(Loan)

Itandje(2m)

Flynn(110k)

Leto(Loan)

Scott(Free)

Crouch(14.5m)

Aridne(50k)

Barnett(Free)

Insua(Loan)

Sissoko(20m over 24 months)

Brouwer(Free)

Crowther(Free)

Pennant(5m)

Results:

Prem:

Liverpool 4:0 Sunderland

Babel(2),Alonso,Torres

Champ:

Liverpool 3:1 Fenerbahce

Finnan,Carragher,Gerrard

Prem:

Liverpool 3:1 Reading

Torres(2),Zarate

Prem:

Arsenal 1:1 Liverpool

Toure og

Champ:

Fenerbahce 0:2 Liverpool

Kuyt,Voronin

Hi. I'm at the start of my 2nd season. I'm having a little problem with my LB position. I'm thinking of making Insua my first choice there. Is he good enough? I haven't tested him much for the 1st season. Should Riise and Aurelio go? I'm vexed man.. they're giving me headaches with their below par performance..

By the way where do you guys get the new patch? Is it a beta ver?

Riise always wanna seek greener pastures in the 2nd season. same as it was in fm07. funny.. thanks for the advice tho Chrisz. I'm thinking the same too.

Are you guys seeing the latest reports regarding Rafa? darn.. Why is the issue of transfer funds always a problem.. really cant wait for the new stadium to be up..

Archived