FM08: Official Liverpool Thread

Originally posted by jonahno6:

@ Real_Betis

What training schedule have you got Aaritalo on ?

Default training turned up a bit, all my coaches are 7-star coaches. I've sold him now anyway, he accepted the Man City offer of £15m + Michael Johnson + 30% sell on over Tottenham's £20m deal

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by zeus1892:

guys im doing sh*t at the min, playing a 442, bought nery castillo and gyan and also i hadnt ticked my ass manager for pre season friendlys so now there not as fit as everyone else icon_frown.gif

try a 4-3-3 wit hur strikers widely spaced apart one i nthe cent, the others as a FL n FR with arrows towards the cent striker .

have 2 cms n one dmc to provide ya cover n ur fullbacks to have arrows. have had soome gd re****s

the best being my recent 3-1 wacking of chelski..haha

Just starting my second season now, and all my youngsters are just turning out awsome. Miki Roque has just come back from loan and his stats are great. Lucas has just been immense for me aswell. I have too many youngsters coming through. May have to sell Carragher too :O

Originally posted by Robert_296:

Is Cassani worth £11.5 million and 10% of the next fee. Does anyone know a good tactic for Liverpool as I haveonly drawn one of my games and lost the other two.

am surprised roque is that gd as he always looks as tho he wun turn out any good for me... even hammil n anderson look great ..gd stuff

oh dun sell carragher ..dun ever ,,ahha

yea cassani seems gd, i have thie right bk bosingawa real consistnet but cassani is awesomne.,.

tactic if ur struggling try puds 433, there even one specially made for liverpool, i base my tactic on it m but severly tweaked..works a treat

The 4-3-3 with widely spaced forwards and 1 dmc and 2 cm's seems to work pretty well. I've already had a 5-2 demolision of the Chavs and a good 2-0 win against Arsenal.

Currently top of the league by 1pt with a games in hand. Quarters of the champions league, semi league cup and still in fa cup.

Robert_296 -a good rb is Barragan. Can get him back for about £475k or so and is starting to displace Finnan out of my side

Originally posted by Doolinho:

Try signing Lorenzo De Silvestri from Lazio. Hes very good. Also try and get your hands on the JTMK'08 (1.) tactic, was posted on here the other day. Using it now for my Liverpool team and im doing immense.

will give the tactic a go but currently my team are on fire.. after smackign chelski 5-2 we smacked and slapped Manure 3-1 ... kuyt has been immense

unfortunatley torres seems to miss too many easy chances i nthe game dun ya think

yea heard gd thigns abt barragan too

I tried 4-3-3 with an AML and AMR and a lone striker and won 5-0 even though it was only Jerusalem. On my last Liverpool game i was using 4-3-1-2 but its not working very well on this. I signed Pazzini for £17 million and hes my lone striker because Torres has broke his leg and Kuyt isn't a target man.

I tried 4-3-3 with an AML and AMR and a lone striker and won 5-0 even though it was only Jerusalem. On my last Liverpool game i was using 4-3-1-2 but its not working very well on this. I signed Pazzini for £17 million and hes my lone striker because Torres has broke his leg and Kuyt isn't a target man.

Torres has been awsome for me, 31 goals, 10 Assists, 9 MotM's in his 1st season. not bad i wreckon. do you use 4-4-2?

Originally posted by theboydonegood:

Chrisz please type in proper ****ing english your text talk is making my frickin eyes bleed

opps, been typing too fast , will do so.dun want those precious balls to bleed now do we icon_wink.gif

well if u stick to the 433 system u will get great results. the strikers kinda take turns to hit form, first it was crouchie for me, than kuyt, now its torres, ever notice this pattern?

I really need to improve im'm 19th in the premiership and my record so far is 0-2-3

This is the tactic that i took as my base and tweaked it to my liking, i suggest u take puds 2nd tactic its pretty gd and adjust it accordingly,,shld make pool rise up poretty fast.

gotta get back ur players confidence tho

Originally posted by Sweet-Zombie-Jesus:

I just sold Alonso for 30m and I need a replacement.I only have 90m to spend,who should i buy?

having sold one of the best deep lying midfield playmakers, ur only way ur going get a better player is to get pirlo or maybe lucho gonzalez

Originally posted by Sweet-Zombie-Jesus:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thomaswiggins01:

Also nemeth looks like he could turn into something special

He is brillant he played the last 10 prem games for me hae got 7 goals and 5 assists. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

woa what season r u in now?

Originally posted by Chrisz:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sweet-Zombie-Jesus:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thomaswiggins01:

Also nemeth looks like he could turn into something special

He is brillant he played the last 10 prem games for me hae got 7 goals and 5 assists. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

woa what season r u in now? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

2nd

Originally posted by Chrisz:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sweet-Zombie-Jesus:

I just sold Alonso for 30m and I need a replacement.I only have 90m to spend,who should i buy?

having sold one of the best deep lying midfield playmakers, ur only way ur going get a better player is to get pirlo or maybe lucho gonzalez </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't want to sell alonso but he wanted a new challange.Lucho has been bought by AC Milan but I can get Pirlo for 10.5m but he wants 105,000 a week and a 1 year contract.

Can anyone recommend me a right back as Finnan isn't doing very well and I sold Arbeloa. I have £13.25 million. I might try and get Rafinha.

Barragan - £475k and is a wonderkid on my game.

Well started the 2nd season, here's some details of the transfer window:

Transfers 1

http://img150.imageshack.us/my.php?image=10252007215739pb0.png

Most I've ever spent on a CM/FM game, but I had the resources so I thought what the hell. Won the Community Shield after a 2-0 win against Chelsea and the SUper Cup after a 5-0 win against Bayern. Currently 5th in the league after beating West Ham, Newcastle, Man City and Wigan but drawing with Tottenham and somehow losing 3-2 away to West Brom, despite dominating. Our defending has been rather dire and wasn't the greatest last season. Might have a fiddle with the tactics or does anyone have any ideas on how to keep my back line more solid?

Originally posted by real_betis:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robert_296:

Can anyone recommend me a right back as Finnan isn't doing very well and I sold Arbeloa. I have £13.25 million. I might try and get Rafinha.

Barragan - £475k and is a wonderkid on my game.

Well started the 2nd season, here's some details of the transfer window:

Transfers 1

Transfers 2

Most I've ever spent on a CM/FM game, but I had the resources so I thought what the hell. Won the Community Shield after a 2-0 win against Chelsea and the SUper Cup after a 5-0 win against Bayern. Currently 5th in the league after beating West Ham, Newcastle, Man City and Wigan but drawing with Tottenham and somehow losing 3-2 away to West Brom, despite dominating. Our defending has been rather dire and wasn't the greatest last season. Might have a fiddle with the tactics or does anyone have any ideas on how to keep my back line more solid? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fixed.

Originally posted by Doolinho:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robert_296:

what formation you using? I can't seem to get Torres scoring as much as i would like to. Currently has 15 goals in 31 games (not bad going i know) but for the chances we create i want more being put away

Torres has been awsome for me, 31 goals, 10 Assists, 9 MotM's in his 1st season. not bad i wreckon. do you use 4-4-2? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Originally posted by theboydonegood:

whatever i do i cannot get a 2 men upfront working, i am doing very well with a 4-4-1-1 formation but i want to play 4-4-2 yet everytime i do I lose

Kuyt and Torres was perfect for me first season. Now I have Aguero though, but my forwards still seem to be working well with Gerrard behind them. I play a 4-4-2 attacking diamond, arrows for wingers into AML and AMR positions, attacking mentality, slighty high creative freedome (just before 'much'), short passing, quick tempo.

Originally posted by RufftyMan:

real_betis i'll take a copy too then. want my forwards to be banging the goals in (RufftyMan@hotmail.com)

How's the formation doing for you in terms of leage position, trophies won etc?

Have a look at the previous page. Clean sweep with only a few blips.

I used the first version in my first season, but I think the AI started to suss it as I began to get poorer results. I used the 2nd version atm with Torres and Aguero but the 3rd version is for Kuyt and Torres (kuyt = left & torres = right).

I recommend using the 1st or 3rd versions.

Breno is brilliant, only cost me £3.5m and is very solid. FM08 is very harsh with the ratings so he's only been getting 7s, still playing well though.

I have Kuyt with target man ball to head and hold up ball. Just on attacking mentality, run with ball on rarely and forward runs mixed. He tends to set up a load of goals for Torres and Gerrard, as you can see from his assists. Make sure you play him with Torres though.

Also, Lazio have just come in with a £5m + 30% sell on for Leto. He looks quite good - screeny - so I'm not sure I should sell. Any advice, guys?

how do you set up your passing style to go with target man to head direct/quick, mixed/mixed, slow/slow?

It was direct/slow with Kuyt. I now play short/quick but play with Aguero and Torres up front.

how would that work as kuyt only has 15 heading so do you change things when coming up against defenders with better heading abilities?

Originally posted by bruffell06:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by real_betis:

It was direct/slow with Kuyt. I now play short/quick but play with Aguero and Torres up front.

how would that work as kuyt only has 15 heading so do you change things when coming up against defenders with better heading abilities? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kuyt's heading improved on my game. Anyway, see the stats for yourself - Kuyt scored 32 goals and got 23 assists.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bruffell06:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by real_betis:

how would that work as kuyt only has 15 heading so do you change things when coming up against defenders with better heading abilities? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ah ok thanks, and finally you play him with much creative freedom or little?

Kuyt's heading improved on my game. Anyway, see the stats for yourself - Kuyt scored 32 goals and got 23 assists. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Archived