The Special One Formation - Jose Mourinho Has Nothing On Me 38 Played 29 Won 9 Drawn

I am an Arsenal fan at heart but have to admire Jose Mourinho. He as a manager brought so much to the Premiership before leaving, or rather getting fired by Chelsea and going on to pastures new in the Italian Serie A with Champions Inter Milan. He plays an aggressive 4-5-1/4-3-3 with the AML and AMR supporting the lone striker. For Inter this season he signed Mancini and Quaresma as wingers for his team however they have both flopped, with the latter being punted on loan to Chelsea for the remainder of the season. He likes playing a strong holding midfielder who rarely ventures forward but stays strong and provides the protection for the back four.

As the table stands Jose has led Inter to the top of Serie A and surely will now go on to win it with the table looking like

Capture34.png

Source - SoccerBoards

My table at the end of the season stands at

Capture-25.png

As you can see least goals conceded in the league and in typical Jose fashion not many scored either. However you should also notice I ended the season undefeated in the league compared to Jose who cannot this season.

Other Competitions:

Coppa Italia

Capture1-7.png

Italian Super Cup

Capture333.png

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Daylight Robery

Ahhh the Champions League, Europe's elite competition, after winning 5 games and drawing one in the group stages confidence was high. A 4-2 aggregate win against German side Schalke and we are through to the Quarter finals, this is where Jose Mourinho met his match in real life and they got knocked out by Manchester United. A 4-0 home win assured us of progression and several key players were rested for the away league and we still made it to the semis 6-4 on aggregate. On to the Semi final were Inter were to face their first big club Real Madrid. Madrid having the upperhand with the return leg being at the Bernabeau. A 0-0 home draw left us hoping an away goal would seal us a spot in the final and fortunatly it did with Center Back come DM Christian Chivu slamming home a stunning curling shot round keeper Iker Casilias. We were through too the final but at a cost. Zlatan Ibrahimovic, the club's best striker in Europe that season suspended through bookings and the top assistee Mancini out also. January transfer signing Cristiano Ronaldo obviously ineligible for the tournament, and more heartbreak was to come as Patrick Viera and Mario Balotelli were to succum to minor injuries 5 days for match time.

The game started promising for Inter with a couple of chances falling their way and Arsenal not really threatening. The team did struggle without the presence of it's two stars along with Balotelli who featured intermitantly on the wings for the CL campaign in the absence of Cronaldo. However it was Inter who looked more likely to win until in the 86th minute a mistake allowed Robin Van Persie to volley home just below Julio Cesar. And with that goal Inter lost in the CL after a near perfect season.

Capture5.png

Capture4.png

Other Season Stats and Transfers:

Capture2.png

Capture3.png

The Tactic

As I said earlier Jose likes a 4-5-1 almost 4-3-3 formation with wingers who support the lone front man and Makelele esque holding man.

I play the same shape however their are two differences in my play. One my DMC acts as an MCa rather than an MCd and the other my LB is the only defender to ramapage forward and my RB acts as a third man in defence. My tweaks are substitutions no other tweak is done not even tempo.

Capture555555.png

THE DOWNLOAD LINKS:

http://rapidshare.com/files/232672752/Jose_Mourinho__Inter__May_2009_.tac.html

http://files.filefront.com/Jose+Mourinho+Inter+May+29tac/;13752661;/fileinfo.html

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?qynmohunyly

Enjoy and remember this tactic is designed for Continental Europe rather than the Premiership.

Credits:

theincrediblehulk his high dline worked so well for me

Lawds DMC instructions he used for Juan Roman Riquelme

UPDATE:

Reason for DCs getting yellow cards is to do with their player instructions. Low CF and Ultra Defensive means they will tend to do what ever is necessary to not concede :p

first game using tactic got a strong 2-0 win with only 2 long shots from genoa all match, fair enough they aint all that but the team looked good considering im without 5 first teamers.

Good and remember this formation is not designed for 4-0 wins and what not it is just getting a goal or two and looking solid defensivly :)

How did you get Tevez and Ronaldo so cheap, when I try and buy Tevez they normally ask for double, same with Ronaldo.

Well you may be playing in the prem or I got a news speculation linking me to Tevez for £12.25M and they renegotiated it up. The board injected £46.5M after or before a directore take over -- not a tycoon takeover and I used that and then I said £40M after 50 games. Also Yes the remaining transfers are free.

In response to this loonking like Tyler Bodes eagle tactic ive never seen or downloaded it so any similarities are purely conincidental

In response too this tactic looking like Tyler Bodes I would like to point out quite a lot of differences..

1. The formation shape, he plays three MCs I play a 1-2

2. Width is a lot higher in his formation

3. Creative Freedom is a lot higher in my formation

4. Absence of free role for his tactic

5. His marking is incredibly simplified mine is a system that I have been devloping and tweaking until the release of this tactic. He seems to have just let a vital component lie on default, but if it works for him then fair enough

6. His Dline is low, Mine is one click before max.

7.His Does not use a target man

8. His tempo is higher than mine he plays normal close to quick I play slow close to normal

9. He plays a global mentality

10. He plays his full backs and lets them decide to go up when. I suggest one goes up all the time and one should cover for him.

11. He plays how Barcelona play rather than how Jose Mourinho plays

12. My wingers get more crosses in the box than his does who are designed to cut inside.

Thats what ive picked up from downloading this tactic and looking at it for 2 minutes

Im sure there are more differences

I don't get you are playing a targetman with mixed passing towards him.

And your targetman is Tevez, one of the smallest strikers... How can he get decent ratings if he isn't able to win a header?

And still, I see he scored 24 goals. How did he do that? Your playing down the flanks and they have to cross the ball. Who heads the balls in the net?

I only tested it for a couple of games with PSV and I won all of them with ease. But most of my goals are corners or distance shots.

I even played a non-league team in the cup where I won with 4-0 but I didn't get one CCC.

Do you get a lot of CCC?

Nope not really. This formation with the correct players allows people to not concede many goals but it does not score many either.

You will see that Tevez has a free role and instead of the supply for the targetman being to head it is set to mixed. This means that the players will choose the best option to pass to Tevez and occasionally they will punt it up but Tevez's bravery is 19 so he will at least put pressure on the defender. I do get about three CCC a match and rarely score corners. I was 5th in the goals from corners.

With this tactic I do find that quite a lot of my goals are screamers though and I reccommend your DMC to have high long shots and other relevant stats.

i dont tick playmaker at team tactic screen but i put both mc and dmc playmaker

and some tweak for only aml i set creative freedom full much or -2 full much and set free role and cross ball mixed or rarely: he like now shadow striker and play like messi

Going to give this formation a go, simply because I want to see what you have managed to cook up this time Meg! ;p

Going to use Newcastle, although probably going to have to strengthen a few positions, paticuarlly the wing's. Will let you know how I get on! :D

Going to give this formation a go, simply because I want to see what you have managed to cook up this time Meg! ;p

Going to use Newcastle, although probably going to have to strengthen a few positions, paticuarlly the wing's. Will let you know how I get on! :D

Good luck but im not sure how well this tactic will work in EPL

Any tweaks that improve performance welcome :)

Comparing yourself to Jose Mourinho is ridiculous, he didn't buy Carlos Tevez or Cristiano Ronaldo. I would prefer to see how you do with the default squad and then compare yourself to "the chosen one".

Great achievement on going the whole league season unbeaten, even being a top side it is still a little struggle to not get screwed over etc in every game.

I'm interested in this tactic.

However, the thing that caught my eye most was the fact that you've played 57 games. And, somehow, received 72 Yellow Cards.

Sorry to offend, but that is appalling. I average about a yellow every 3 or 4 games.

Why do you have more than 1 yellow for every game? It just seems... too much.

The Tactic

As I said earlier Jose likes a 4-5-1 almost 4-3-3 formation with wingers who support the lone front man and Makelele esque holding man.

I play the same shape however their are two differences in my play. One my DMC acts as an MCa rather than an MCd and the other my LB is the only defender to ramapage forward and my RB acts as a third man in defence. My tweaks are substitutions no other tweak is done not even tempo.

Capture555555.png

THE DOWNLOAD LINKS:

http://rapidshare.com/files/232672752/Jose_Mourinho__Inter__May_2009_.tac.html

http://files.filefront.com/Jose+Mourinho+Inter+May+29tac/;13752661;/fileinfo.html

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?qynmohunyly

Enjoy and remember this tactic is designed for Continental Europe rather than the Premiership.

Credits:

theincrediblehulk his high dline worked so well for me

Lawds DMC instructions he used for Juan Roman Riquelme

Very impressive, we should start calling you MegafanMourinho :D

Been using this tactic for the first 7 or so games of the 08/09 season with Spurs.

Solid so far, should have beaten both Chelsea and Arsenal, but managed to draw with them both. Won 3 so far, and lost none. Milevskyi is my lone striker, with Cardazo as competition, with Lavezzi and Alexis Sanchez on the wings. Sanchez has 3 goals and 4 assists so far, fantastic form from that man.

Really liking this tactic, solid all over the park, and dominating most matches.

Been using this tactic for the first 7 or so games of the 08/09 season with Spurs.

Solid so far, should have beaten both Chelsea and Arsenal, but managed to draw with them both. Won 3 so far, and lost none. Milevskyi is my lone striker, with Cardazo as competition, with Lavezzi and Alexis Sanchez on the wings. Sanchez has 3 goals and 4 assists so far, fantastic form from that man.

Really liking this tactic, solid all over the park, and dominating most matches.

Surprised its working well in the EPL but glad mate :)

And in response to me comparing myself to Jose it was a joke :p this is a fictional video game so of course I am not as good as the man himself however he hasnt gone a season unbeaten so ;)

I have no idea why my yellow card count is so high but tbh I dont see how it matters. I only got punished once as you can see when Ibra was banned for the final for too many bookings. As you can see though 3 red cards in 57 games is not that bad though.

Thanks TigerJoe and heathxxx for comments :)

Im in my 5th season at parma and my 451 is starting to falter a bit. I'll give this a run and see if I can fend off inter for my first Serie A title.

impressive tactic mate, well done. im a big mourinho fan and the thing i like most about his tactics and style is the orgainisation and solidity, they never look like they are going to loose. esp when he 1st came to chelsea.

what i wanted to ask you was if you had tried to implement similar work on a basic 4-4-2 formation.

iv been struggling to keep the opposition from scoring the odd goal, i will win 2-1, 3-1 etc...and was wandering if you had any thoughts on the defence for a 4-4-2.

i know the DM helps but i prefer to play with 2 CM.

iv looked at your settings and have been thinking how they could fit into a 4-4-2.

i like the way the your tactic plays, its similar to how i play with my tactic, but i have extra striker instead of DM. and wingers from MR/L not AMR/L.

impressive tactic mate, well done. im a big mourinho fan and the thing i like most about his tactics and style is the orgainisation and solidity, they never look like they are going to loose. esp when he 1st came to chelsea.

what i wanted to ask you was if you had tried to implement similar work on a basic 4-4-2 formation.

iv been struggling to keep the opposition from scoring the odd goal, i will win 2-1, 3-1 etc...and was wandering if you had any thoughts on the defence for a 4-4-2.

i know the DM helps but i prefer to play with 2 CM.

iv looked at your settings and have been thinking how they could fit into a 4-4-2.

i like the way the your tactic plays, its similar to how i play with my tactic, but i have extra striker instead of DM. and wingers from MR/L not AMR/L.

You could try a 4-2-2-2 so as to have MCs and AMRL. Basically take my formation and drag the DMC up to the other striker. It should not make much of a difference defencivly cause he was technically my MCa and the MCs were MCds :)

Okay finally started up my PC again after what seems like the longest week of my life! Anyhow, decided against Newcastle as I wanted a team with a bit more creative flair to see if it could spice up the formation.

Anyhow, started as Barcelona and was surprised at the first result, it was a thumping 9-0 victory over Hoffenheim who are actually a decent team, so was a little shocked at how well the formation not only started but watching it in full just the sheer awesome passing skills over the mid-field trio. Xavi, Iniesta and Yaya Toure just controlled the game completely, almost killing it off from the get go, which Messi, Henry and Eto'o allowed acre's of space behind and infront of the defense as they tried to stop my midfield. It was awesome and reminded me so much of how Barcelona play in real life.

firstgame.jpg

After that the results seemed to become a little more realistic with me controlling the game comfortably and moving freely while the opposing team chased the game. Moutinho, Xavi, Iniesta, Toure and Keita all playing huge parts in making the opposition look stupid while slicing them open with amazing passes and through balls to Bojan, Henry, Buonanotte, Messi and Eto'o who were clinical at best, wasting a few efforts, but nothing too serious.

results.jpg

Thats were I have managed to get to today, so I'm going to keep going and see how long it takes before I lose or even have a tough game. The team just works so well moving forward its scary. I don't know why as you have seemingly aimed this at being a defensive formation but the team just gelled into the attacking sense very very well. It's also amazing defensively which seems to currently incorporate everything I want. Would love it if the formation held and worked for a prolonged period of time! :D

Okay finally started up my PC again after what seems like the longest week of my life! Anyhow, decided against Newcastle as I wanted a team with a bit more creative flair to see if it could spice up the formation.

Anyhow, started as Barcelona and was surprised at the first result, it was a thumping 9-0 victory over Hoffenheim who are actually a decent team, so was a little shocked at how well the formation not only started but watching it in full just the sheer awesome passing skills over the mid-field trio. Xavi, Iniesta and Yaya Toure just controlled the game completely, almost killing it off from the get go, which Messi, Henry and Eto'o allowed acre's of space behind and infront of the defense as they tried to stop my midfield. It was awesome and reminded me so much of how Barcelona play in real life.

[image removed]

After that the results seemed to become a little more realistic with me controlling the game comfortably and moving freely while the opposing team chased the game. Moutinho, Xavi, Iniesta, Toure and Keita all playing huge parts in making the opposition look stupid while slicing them open with amazing passes and through balls to Bojan, Henry, Buonanotte, Messi and Eto'o who were clinical at best, wasting a few efforts, but nothing too serious.

[image removed]

Thats were I have managed to get to today, so I'm going to keep going and see how long it takes before I lose or even have a tough game. The team just works so well moving forward its scary. I don't know why as you have seemingly aimed this at being a defensive formation but the team just gelled into the attacking sense very very well. It's also amazing defensively which seems to currently incorporate everything I want. Would love it if the formation held and worked for a prolonged period of time! :D

Glad its working well for you :) Probably working better as you have world class wingers in Messi and Henry. I only got Cronaldo and he was injured for so much that he hardly got a game but when he did he was immense :).

You could try a 4-2-2-2 so as to have MCs and AMRL. Basically take my formation and drag the DMC up to the other striker. It should not make much of a difference defencivly cause he was technically my MCa and the MCs were MCds :)

il give it ago with a flat 442 and 442 with amr/l. im just wondering how the defensive setup would transfer over, what adjustments will be needed etc.

even though i dont play with a dmc. both my mc's are they type to sit in the middle of the pitch and control the game, so no MCa MCd combo.

il let you know how i get on, when i get a chance to play. the main thing i am after is clean sheets!

il give it ago with a flat 442 and 442 with amr/l. im just wondering how the defensive setup would transfer over, what adjustments will be needed etc.

even though i dont play with a dmc. both my mc's are they type to sit in the middle of the pitch and control the game, so no MCa MCd combo.

il let you know how i get on, when i get a chance to play. the main thing i am after is clean sheets!

Ill try cook something up and we can compare :thup:

Archived