The FMX-Factor

Who is the most suitable manager for a player to have in the FMX-Factor?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the most suitable manager for a player to have in the FMX-Factor?

Can't wait for the first elimination update! Got a feeling I'll be one of the contenders for an early exit. :(

May I raise one point about the bonus system though? It might favor attackers too much to have them gain 1 attribute point for every goal they score, as even if they score a low figure like say 8 goals, the equivalent number of assists a midfielder needs to make would be a whopping 24. Also defenders cannot hope to match that as they are only capped at +6 attribute points, which would require them to post a nigh-impossible 95% successful tackling rate.

As a result of this, there might be a higher chance of the defenders, goalkeepers and midfielders getting eliminated over the attackers. And even amongst the midfielders, the defensive midfielders amongst us would have less hope of keeping up with the competition as their game is not built around making assists but winning the ball back for their team.

Edit: Ahh, +1 attribute point per 3 goals would balance it out much better, but the cap of +6 attribute points for defenders still exist and if you lower the percentage required successful tackle, it would also result in giving defenders a greater advantage. Quite a dilemma haha.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can't wait for the first elimination update! Got a feeling I'll be one of the contenders for an early exit. :(

May I raise one point about the bonus system though? It might favor attackers too much to have them gain 1 attribute point for every goal they score, as even if they score a low figure like say 8 goals, the equivalent number of assists a midfielder needs to make would be a whopping 24. Also defenders cannot hope to match that as they are only capped at +6 attribute points, which would require them to post a nigh-impossible 95% successful tackling rate.

As a result of this, there might be a higher chance of the defenders, goalkeepers and midfielders getting eliminated over the attackers. And even amongst the midfielders, the defensive midfielders amongst us would have less hope of keeping up with the competition as their game is not built around making assists but winning the ball back for their team.

Might I suggest we stick to the other bonuses (competition winners, appearances, etc) and not have the personal position bonuses? What do the rest think about this, as well as yourself GCB?

Defenders could get +6 for 90% tackle success - would be an awesome achievement.

For a keeper to get +6, he needs 18 clean sheets. For a midfielder to get +6, he needs 18 assists. For a striker to get +6, he needs 18 goals.

They're all awesome achievements although I agree that the strikers might need to be for every four goals so they'd need 24 goals.

We need the personal position bonuses otherwise the winner of the first season will get the increase and is likely to keep on winning. Without the personal bonuses, the rest are not likely to improve unless they win things.

I will judge it at end of season and even it out if I need to. That's a promise. :thup:

Yeah, it was a lot more worrying because of that typo, now there may just be a slight hint of a favoring, and yet there might not at the end of it all when we get the results. Cheers for being willing to keep an eye on it when the season draws to a close! :)

Good work as usual, keep it up! :thup:

x-factor.gif

THE FMX FACTOR – AN FM09 SIGN UP

Sponsored by: The Homephone Carhouse

August:

In the remainder of August, most clubs played three Premiership games and a League Cup 2nd Round match with Bolton Wanderers setting the early pace at the top of the league with maximum points. All the FMX-Factor players made their debut for their clubs which is a good sign for the remainder of the season with no player making less than two appearances.

Sunderland were sitting pretty in 4th place in the Premiership with seven points. Three of these were gained during a 4-0 demolition of Middlesbrough where Boro’ manager Gareth Southgate heaped praise on the performance of Sunderland’s Samuel. They were also through to the next round of the League Cup after a 3-0 defeat of Blackpool and would face Manchester United in Round 3. Fred Brookes is currently unavailable due to a bruised thigh but will only be out for a week.

Newcastle United came next in 10th place in the Premiership. They were also through to the next round of the League Cup after a 3-1 win at Southend and they will face Blackburn in Round 3. Blackburn sit 14th in the Premiership and defeated Southampton 2-0 to reach Round 3.

Fulham are 12th in the Premiership and complete a set of four FMX-Factor clubs in Round 3 of the League Cup. They defeated Norwich 2-0 and will meet Chelsea in the next round.

No player received any awards in August.

The most man of the match awards so far are for Samuel and Magnus Vestergaard with one each.

The most assists so far belong to Kanyeezy and Bob McBob with two each.

The top FMX-Factor goalscorers so far are Magnus Vestergaard and Sirus Lannock who both have two goals.

Fred Brookes, Bob McBob, Wobill and Jeremy English lead the appearances table with four each.

Magnus Vestergaard, Juan Touche, Ed Hayes, Corporal Punishment, Jack Browne, Robert Dawson and Cardio Vascular all made their full international debuts as did Robert Jones although surprisingly, he made his debut for Scotland rather than Wales who initially called him up!

Yeah, it was a lot more worrying because of that typo, now there may just be a slight hint of a favoring, and yet there might not at the end of it all when we get the results. Cheers for being willing to keep an eye on it when the season draws to a close! :)

Good work as usual, keep it up! :thup:

What I am going to do is have a look at the statistics at the end of the season and then decide on the exact points/stats ratios. A bit like when the exam boards get the marks information at the end of marking tests and then decides how many marks get what levels!

What I am going to do is have a look at the statistics at the end of the season and then decide on the exact points/stats ratios. A bit like when the exam boards get the marks information at the end of marking tests and then decides how many marks get what levels!

Sounds good. :thup:

Fulham are 12th in the Premiership and complete a set of four FMX-Factor clubs in Round 3 of the League Cup. They defeated Norwich 2-0 and will meet Chelsea in the next round.

We'll win it for Jose. :D

x-factor.gif

September/October:

As the season continued through September and October, the four FMX-Factor clubs were involved in the Premiership race and the League Cup. Chelsea were setting the pace at the top of the Premiership with the rest of the big four chasing them hard, all within a point.

Blackburn were having a solid season after ten games sitting 10th in the Premiership table. Mark Hughes had expressed his disappointment in Ben Cee’s form during October which Cee had agreed with. They were also through to Round 4 of the League Cup after a penalty shootout victory over Newcastle and would face Swansea at home.

Fulham were also having a solid season in 11th in the Premiership. Mourinho was upset in September with the form of Jeremy English and happy with Jack Browne in October. Fulham completed an amazing 11-10 penalty shoot out victory over Chelsea and will face Tottenham at Craven Cottage in Round 4.

Newcastle are the best of the bunch so far sitting in 8th in the Premiership after ten games. However, they were dumped out of the cup on penalties by Blackburn after a 1-1 draw.

Sunderland’s early good form has deserted them and they have not recorded a league win since August. They have slipped to 16th in the league and were easily knocked out of the cup by Manchester United, 0-2.

Robert Jones became the first of the FMX-Factor players to win an award when he claimed the Young Player of the Month for October.

More international debuts: Sirus Lannock for Ireland, Liam Ferguson has chosen France and Wobill for Holland. There were also U21 debuts for Wobill again (Holland), Jack Browne (England), Robert Dawson (England), Cristobal Blanco (has chosen England), Kanyeezy (has chosen England), Samuel (Brazil) and Sergio (Spain).

Samuel is injured as October ends but it is only a bruised thigh and he will return for Sunderland in a week.

Fred Brookes has now made 12 appearances and this makes him the appearance leader.

Magnus Vestergaard, Jack Browne and Sirus Lannock lead the scoring charts with 3 goals each.

Ben Cee, Robert Jones, Bob McBob and Kanyeezy lead the assist charts with 3 assists each.

Jean Touche is the man of the match leader with 2 for Sunderland.

Forgot to post screenshots at start of season: DOH!

Anyway, I've made a decision that I'm not going to anyway. We know our attributes. You'll have to trust that I've done it!

Here is one: GENERAL INFO

In that album on Photobucket, you'll be able to find others that I took and uploaded but forgot to post and now can't be bothered to post. If you don't trust me, they're there!

I'll post screenshots of the players in the danger zone when the time comes.

Oh yeah! And we got Spurs next too, sweet. Quarter-finals here we come! :cool:

I love a good cup run :) Should be able to get past Tottenham.

Did any of the sign-ups score the winning penalty, or any of them for that matter, GCB?

Where can I see my stats like assists, because people seem to be talking about them and I cant find the screenshot with them

Just from the updates from GCB so far. If your name has not been mentioned, then you are not amongst the leaders of the goals or assists charts.

Join the early elimination club, Blanco and I welcome you with open arms! :D

x-factor.gif

November/December:

The Premiership and League Cup continued through November and December and the four FMX-Factor clubs, their managers and the twenty players continued to try to avoid the dreaded elimination. Chelsea were leading the Premiership with Manchester United and Liverpool in hot pursuit only on goal difference with all three on 42 points. At the bottom, the three clubs in the drop zone were Middlesbrough, Stoke and Hull. In the League Cup, the semi final line up was Spurs vs Man United and Man City vs Portsmouth.

Blackburn had a superb two months by reaching the League Cup Quarter Final and sitting 5th in the Premiership. They beat Swansea 2-0 in the Cup before losing to Manchester City by the same scoreline. They had drawn Sunderland away in the FA Cup.

Fulham were 10th and went out of the League Cup in Round 4 losing 2-1 to Tottenham. They had drawn Leyton Orient away in the FA Cup.

Newcastle were still 8th in the Premiership although Keegan had warned Weeman Van Der Riley about his performances. He was also happy with Robert Dawson in mid-December. They would visit Norwich in the FA Cup.

Sunderland had recovered well and were now comfortable in 11th in the Premiership with a home draw in the FA Cup against Blackburn.

There were no international debuts – full or U21 – in these months although some players made more international appearances during this time.

Wobill has a damaged foot and will be out for two weeks at this point.

The young player of the month for November was Corporal Punishment, not bad for an Andorran player! In December, the FMX-Factor completed a player of the month and young player of the month double when Ed Hayes got the young players award and Robert Dawson got the main award.

Leading appearance maker at the end of the year (December) was still Fred Brookes with 21 appearances.

Sirus Lannock was the FMX-Factor top goalscorer with 8 goals.

Cardio Vascular was the FMX-Factor top assist maker with 6 assists despite being a centre back.

Robert Dawson, Ben Cee, Jack Browne and Juan Touche each had two man of the match awards at this point.

This is the last update now until the end of the season. These updates were designed to give you a flavour of how your players are getting on and now we will leave them to it until June. I will update with positions and progress of the clubs only from now.

Anybody worried? Anybody confident?

x-factor.gif

November/December:

The Premiership and League Cup continued through November and December and the four FMX-Factor clubs, their managers and the twenty players continued to try to avoid the dreaded elimination. Chelsea were leading the Premiership with Manchester United and Liverpool in hot pursuit only on goal difference with all three on 42 points. At the bottom, the three clubs in the drop zone were Middlesbrough, Stoke and Hull. In the League Cup, the semi final line up was Spurs vs Man United and Man City vs Portsmouth.

Blackburn had a superb two months by reaching the League Cup Quarter Final and sitting 5th in the Premiership. They beat Swansea 2-0 in the Cup before losing to Manchester City by the same scoreline. They had drawn Sunderland away in the FA Cup.

Fulham were 10th and went out of the League Cup in Round 4 losing 2-1 to Tottenham. They had drawn Leyton Orient away in the FA Cup.

Newcastle were still 8th in the Premiership although Keegan had warned Weeman Van Der Riley about his performances. He was also happy with Robert Dawson in mid-December. They would visit Norwich in the FA Cup.

Sunderland had recovered well and were now comfortable in 11th in the Premiership with a home draw in the FA Cup against Blackburn.

There were no international debuts – full or U21 – in these months although some players made more international appearances during this time.

Wobill has a damaged foot and will be out for two weeks at this point.

The young player of the month for November was Corporal Punishment, not bad for an Andorran player! In December, the FMX-Factor completed a player of the month and young player of the month double when Ed Hayes got the young players award and Robert Dawson got the main award.

Leading appearance maker at the end of the year (December) was still Fred Brookes with 21 appearances.

Sirus Lannock was the FMX-Factor top goalscorer with 8 goals.

Cardio Vascular was the FMX-Factor top assist maker with 6 assists despite being a centre back.

Robert Dawson, Ben Cee, Jack Browne and Juan Touche each had two man of the match awards at this point.

This is the last update now until the end of the season. These updates were designed to give you a flavour of how your players are getting on and now we will leave them to it until June. I will update with positions and progress of the clubs only from now.

Anybody worried? Anybody confident?

me im never it the updates show the 1st 1

Guest roberto922

I think I'm doing more than enough to avoid elimination by the looks of it but I doubt I'll be among the frontrunners

x-factor.gif

January:

- Blackburn 6th, Fulham 11th, Newcastle 7th, Sunderland 14th

- Blackburn beat Sunderland in FA Cup Round 3 after a replay

- Fulham beat Leyton Orient in FA Cup Round 3

- Newcastle beat Norwich in FA Cup Round 3

- Blackburn lost in FA Cup Round 4 against Bolton

- Fulham beat Aston Villa in FA Cup Round 4

- Newcastle beat Middlesbrough in FA Cup Round 4

- Blackburn’s Robert Jones the Premiership player of the month

- Fulham’s Cristobal Blanco moves to Manchester City for 11.5m (doesn't change anything!)

- Newcastle’s Kanzeezy the Premiership young player of the month

- Manchester United and Manchester City into League Cup Final

x-factor.gif

February:

- Blackburn 7th, Fulham 14th, Newcastle 8th, Sunderland 16th

- Fulham knocked out of FA Cup in Round 5 by Liverpool

- Newcastle knocked out of FA Cup in Round 5 by Birmingham City

Bit of a slow month really wasn't it?! Nothing happened!

x-factor.gif

March:

- Blackburn 6th, Fulham 14th, Newcastle 8th, Sunderland 16th

- Blackburn’s Corporal Punishment the Premiership young player of the month

- Newcastle’s Weeman Van Der Riley makes Holland U21 debut

- Manchester United win League Cup 2-0 against Manchester City

- Fulham beat Aston Villa in FA Cup Round 4

Yeah! More cup fixtures means more chances for appearances, which is always good. :thup:

- Fulham’s Cristobal Blanco moves to Manchester City for 11.5m (doesn't change anything!)

I am disappointed in you Blanco. You had split from Mourinho's Monkeys just because of stinking cash. ;)

- Fulham knocked out of FA Cup in Round 5 by Liverpool

Bah.

x-factor.gif

May:

- Blackburn Rovers finish in 6th place and qualify for Europe

- Fulham finish poorly and end up 16th in the end

- Newcastle United finish 7th and qualify for Europe

- Sunderland ease to safety and finish in 10th place

- Liverpool win the Premiership

- West Ham, Middlesbrough and Stoke are relegated

- Chelsea win the FA Cup Final 1-0 against Tottenham

- Chelsea make it a cup double with a penalty shoot out victory over Real Madrid in the Champions League Final

- Tottenham beat AC Milan 2-1 to take the UEFA Cup

- Robert Jones of Blackburn named in the Premiership Team of the Year as well as the Premiership young player of the season

- Ed Hayes takes 2nd in the Premiership young player of the season

- Jack Browne takes 3rd in the Premiership young player of the season

This is proof of the odd awards system in FM when myself and Jack Browne gets 2nd and 3rd place in the 'Young Player of the season' award whilst our team is languishing in 16th spot. :D

P.S. Thank goodness this is not Season 2.

x-factor.gif

56117991.jpg

Hello, it's Dermot O'Dreary here and welcome to the first live elimination show in FMX-Factor!

It's been a long, hard first season and some players have had lots of mentions in the updates, not always positive. Some people have hardly been mentioned but is this a good thing? No news is good news as the old saying goes?

Please welcome our managers: Jose Mourinho, Mark Hughes, Kevin Keegan and Mick McCarthy.

Each of the four had five FMX-Factor stars with them at one of the Premiership clubs: Fulham, Blackburn, Newcastle and Sunderland.

So how did they get on? And who has been eliminated from the FMX-Factor 2009 in the first round? And who else will be facing the CSE vote this week before knowing if they are in/out of season 2?

Let's find out over the next hour or so ...

In no particular order except the order they are in on the piece of paper I wrote out last weekend!

Archived