The FMX-Factor

Who is the most suitable manager for a player to have in the FMX-Factor?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the most suitable manager for a player to have in the FMX-Factor?

Guest mikeytwigge
There's only eight of the twenty answered so far. You're first reserve so one person misses and you're in mate! Be patient!

i know but it is being answered very quickly as its not been up long so to have nearly half done is amazing. Its a credit to you though for coming up with such a good idea

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Was I the first to pick Hughes?

Regardless, I'll have a brainstorm...West Brom might be a good pick, always do OK on FM09 and plenty of potential for improvement. Or maybe Middlesborough.

Yes you were so you choose. Although the Keegan and McCarthy picks come before you as they answered first. Remember it is only for one season as I will start a new game for each season in the sign-up so that players can move to other teams as they get better.

Right, I will be back later on.

Have got some planning to do for work tomorrow (damn pesky kids) and I want to watch Newcastle (to laugh at them as they head for the CCC) and Semi Final (come on Jagielka and Everton!) on TV too.

Continue to answer questions etc ... I'll sort it out when I return later. Try not to answer questions that have already been answered as they will not be successful auditions! And remember the rules!

Guest roberto922

The answer to question 1 is 1st November 1963 in Wrexham :)

My preference is Mark Hughes, then Jose Mourinho, Kevin Keegan and Mick McCarthy

Great signup so far btw, keep it up and you could be up for user of the future in this years awards :thup:

Left full back Robert Jones (created by roberto922) will play for Hughes, his first choice. Congratulations.

Striker Liam Ferguson (created bt fergysafc) will also play for Hughes, his first choice too. Congratulations.

These two players will join Corporal Punishment, possibly at West Brom although this has not been confirmed yet.

Cheers for that conners: Sunderland or Everton it is. Be aware that blowcrapup does get first choice at the remaining teams (for Keegan) so he could still choose one of those before it gets to you. :)

i'll decide on sunderland seeing as mccarthy appears to be the bogey prize :D

Whoever has Hughes picking the clubs, PLEASE don't go to WBA or Bolton. I hate them. Wigan too.

Leaving him at Man City would be fine, or a return to Blackburn. Pompey is a good choice too. Or even the craziness of Spurs. :D

I don't mind changing clubs, although I think we should stay in the bottom half of the table to maximise our chances of getting games. Absolutely no chance of me picking Portsmouth though (Saints fan =P). Blackburn or Boro might be good ideas - thoughts?

Right full back Ben Cee (created by BenArsenal) will play for Hughes.

Central defender Cardio Vascular (created by Cardiovascular) will play for Keegan and so completes Keegan's group of players.

It is now a choice between Hughes and McCarthy for the remaining five players. And there is only one spot in Hughes group left.

At the moment I am waiting for:

- A couple more people to answer questions and choose their managers (I may only need one more.)

- Blowcrapup's decision on which team Keegan is going to manage. I'll give him till 7pm and then I'll allow weeeman27bob to make a decision as I need to get it sorted this evening otherwise we'll get a delay for first update.

- As soon as I have a decision about Hughes' team, I will be able to confirm McCarthy as Sunderland manager (unless Hughes takes them.)

- Need a decision Lardman - it is your choice at the end of the day; look after your player - others will have to like it or lump it for a season!

I don't mind changing clubs, although I think we should stay in the bottom half of the table to maximise our chances of getting games. Absolutely no chance of me picking Portsmouth though (Saints fan =P). Blackburn or Boro might be good ideas - thoughts?

I don't mind Boro too, but surely a return to Blackburn would go down well?

Thoughts from the others please. :p

Speaking for myself, I just never really liked him. I think it was due to the infamous fallout between him and Roy Keane that left me with a bad impression of McCarthy. His tenure with the Republic of Ireland never really impressed me much too, but I think he clearly is doing something right with Wolves currently.

He just might be the dark horse in this, but compared with the other three managers, I think it is safe to say they don't come much darker than him. :D

Looks like 5ergio snagged the last spot in Mark Hughes' crew, pnefc22 (or rob right?).

You should be joining Mick Mccarthy's team, along with the last 3 participants. Wonder why so few pick him as their manager. :D

Yeah, it's Rob :thup:

I don't mind having him as manager because the team is more important than the manager.

Archived