SI Community Challenge #2: The 'special one' challenge

Wouldn't think it'd make a difference, so use whatever patch you want :thup:
Only difference I can think of would be that 9.3 has the most recent transfer window, and if everyone was starting on the same patch then we would all have the same squads to start with.

Cheers to both of you for replying: At the moment I'm prefering ahmufcwafc's answer :thup:

Got to wrangle a photobucket login and some spare time first before I can start to replicate TSO :thdn:

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Only difference I can think of would be that 9.3 has the most recent transfer window, and if everyone was starting on the same patch then we would all have the same squads to start with.

Yes, that's a fair point. I think we should let people use any database they want (provided it's an official one) since we didn't specify what db to use in the OP.

XD does it matter if porto will totally collapse at the end of year 2? :D

offering 0 for players like srna with an option of 60M fee after 50 league appearances... ? teams accept immediately.

that would be cheating unfair on others tbh

i'm portuguese. if you have issues about portuguese league and football talk to me.

note:

not is "Portuguese Liga Vitalis", but "Portuguese Liga Sagres" (Portuguese Super League)

Thanks for that mate, don't know much about Portuguese football myself. Peter, could you change the name of the cup in the opening post?

this is probably a silly question, but could someone tell me how i take screenshots???

I have sent you a PM explaining it :thup:

i'm portuguese. if you have issues about portuguese league and football talk to me.

note:

not is "Portuguese Liga Vitalis", but "Portuguese Liga Sagres" (Portuguese Super League)

Change it to the correct name, like Diogo said :thup:

Just copy & paste this:

Welcome to the second SI community challenge, the 'Special One' Challenge. The idea of this challenge is to bring the CSE, GPTG & GD forums together, & help build up a sense of community across these boards. This is a short challenge, & should only last a season or two.

The Aim

Emulate José Mourinho's sucess at F.C. Porto by winning both the Portuguese Liga Vitalis & the Champions league trophy in one season.

The Rules

• You must have the Portuguese Liga Sagres (Portuguesue top-flight) loaded when starting a new game.
  • Database size is optional, but I'd recommend using the small one for faster loading times.
  • Your manager's starting experience must be set to automatic
  • You must post screenshots of your acheivement before the points can be added
  • You have to post a screenshot of your manager's profile screen as soon as you add your manager.
  • Could you post the url of pictures rather than actual picture please.

Points system

150 - Win the Champions League.

140 - Be unbeaten in all home league matches throughout the season.

120 - Champions League runners-up.

100 - Win the Portuguese league.

90 - Champions League semi-finalists.

65 - Win the UEFA Cup.

60 - Win the Portuguese Cup.

60 - Champions League quarter-finalists.

60 - Runners-up In the Portuguese League.

45 - Knocked out in first knockout round of the Champions League.

35 - Finish 3rd in the Portuguese League.

30 - Win the Portuguese League Cup.

30 - One of your players wins European Golden Boot.

25 - One of your players wins Champions League Player of the Tournament.

20 - One of your players is the top scorer in the Portuguese Premier League.

20 - One of your players wins European Goalkeeper/Defender/Midfielder/Striker of the year.

20 - Super Cup winners

15 - Four or more of your players are named in the European Team of the season.

15 - Score 80 or more goals in the league.

15 - Keep 20 or more clean sheets in the League.

5 - Beat F.C. Benfica/Sporting Lisbon both home & away in the league.

I will edit you into the league table as soon as you finish your season

Most of the credit for this post must go to Ahmufcwafc. I just came up with the idea. Also, thanks to Dafuge for letting me take this on.

Done it mate, cheers :)

Just won my first league game. Porto 4 - 0 Leixoes. An easy win to be honest and the football was simply fantastic. We managed to put 27 passes together in the build up to the first goal and the dominance remained throughout.

Real Madrid 0 - 0 Porto

My first champions league game could not have been any harder. Went there with a similar attacking tactic which managed to keep my defence tight while occasionally setting up a few decent attacks. The ball was mostly with Madrid but most of the possesion they had was in 'nothing areas' and there forwards were left frustrated.

Are we to update with signings?

also how do we want the screenshots? all in one group at the end of the season? or updates? cheers.

Doesn't really matter, you can do whatever suits yourself. It would be a lot easier though if you had them all in one group at the end of the season.

Real Madrid 0 - 0 Porto

My first champions league game could not have been any harder. Went there with a similar attacking tactic which managed to keep my defence tight while occasionally setting up a few decent attacks. The ball was mostly with Madrid but most of the possesion they had was in 'nothing areas' and there forwards were left frustrated.

ouch hav u played them yet ?

Read above :p, Just beat Partizan in my group and Real Madrid drew with Bordeaux.

well i just found out whos in my champions league group ;)

lyon fenerbanche olmpiakos and me

not to bad should get passed tht

Man that's an easy group compared to mine Min Utd, Fiorientina and Fenerbache. Got beat 3-0 by Man U and drew 0-0 against fiorientina

Doesn't really matter, you can do whatever suits yourself. It would be a lot easier though if you had them all in one group at the end of the season.

Thanks for the reply. okay i've made a lil folder and keeping them all in there for the end of the season! So far everythings gone my way, Helton is now on 15 clean sheets with 5 games to go!! Close stuff!

Archived