The Lost Season 4 thread *for episodes aired in the US/abc.com* *season 3 spoilers and a mid-season cut-off guranteed*

rosslarkin

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Paul Bacon:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Steve01:

Naveen Andrews "Sayid" Says that he feels the writers have just been winging it throughout season 3. He was on Richard and Judy icon_smile.gif

Quite interesting that he believes that icon_redface.gif

And on Radio 1. From the 2 interviews ive heard of his recently, i get the impression he doesnt care about Lost at all. He moaned on Jonathan Ross about getting scripts late and not knowing if you will die from episode to episode. Then he said on Jo Wiley he doesnt watch Lost (hadnt heard of half the characters like Richard) and says he doesnt like living over there while filming </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That just screams to me that he's being killed off, and is massively bitter about it. Tbh, I've never quite understood why Naveen has had so many noms for best actor awards - putting on a thick Middle-Eastern accent and looking miserable isn't all that difficult, tbh.

Most of them won't ever become big film stars anyway, because they'll be forever associated with their Lost characters.

The only people I could see being known more for other roles than their Lost ones are Dom Monaghan, Henry Iain Cusick and maybe Emilie de Ravin, imo.

Originally posted by Stephen Wilson:

god Lostcasts is just impossible to listen to, when you don't have that high pitched cackle, you've got the guys deciding that it's best to just spend 90 minutes coming up with terrible jokes and one liners to try and make her cackle.

Shambles icon13.gif

that or they decide to discuss the Star Trek film or Cloverfield icon13.gif

wasnt a bad opener, the first episode in any new season is always gonna be a bit slow moving, but for me, i am a bit disapointed it didnt have the big "WOW" factor that the previous seasons openers always gave you, for me, the best ever season premier episode still has to be season 2, with desmond down the hatch.

anyway, back to season 4, i wonder if they're gonna go with the flashforward theme now as opposed to flashbacks, work well but i think the flashbacks did seem to tie in better with the story that was happenin in that paticular episode, ie the long con etc when we realise that sawyer conned the bird before flashing forward to the island to see that sawyer had indeed conned himself accesss to the guns.

i actually tought that hurley had died, and that he was just living in some sort of limbo, as when charlie visited him, and he says "your dead dude" and charlie replies, yes and so.... and hurley stops him, along with him seeing charlie swim when he was in the interview room in the cop shop.

wonder what jack meant by when he says to hurley "and did you tell", and that something along the lines of "we always knew", again, did hurley not want to open up to the fact that they are perhaps dead??

i dunno thats just waht i tought the episode was turning towards.

Originally posted by LokedOut420:

He wasn't even considering going back to the island at this point though. Something pretty drastic must have happened to trigger that, presumably whoever it was in the coffin.

i dunno about that, jack was in a bit of a state right before he read the newspaper cut out, and the beard that he had grown, it seemed to me it was just more of a case of he was too much involved in his "drugs" and booze, to care about his appearance, seemed like he was dependant on both and depressed for quite a while before that flashforward.

so my guess is, that flashforward of jack losing it was a couple of months, even close to a year, after the hurley flashforward.

Originally posted by Anton:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dying Dougs:

for me, the best ever season premier episode still has to be season 2, with desmond down the hatch.

That is the best scene of TV I have ever seen. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was the first episode I ever saw of Lost and was instantly hooked.

Originally posted by Anton:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy Jordan:

watch it tonight.

**** off you icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself icon_biggrin.gif

this episode is probably one of my 5 favorite ever, though.

Originally posted by LokedOut420:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Anton:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dying Dougs:

for me, the best ever season premier episode still has to be season 2, with desmond down the hatch.

That is the best scene of TV I have ever seen. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was the first episode I ever saw of Lost and was instantly hooked. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah it was just brilliant, we spent the entire second half of season 1 wondering what was down the hatch, then the premier we tought we would finally see what it was, Then the cliffhanger.

fast forward a long wait for season 2 to start, and then we see this opening clip of some guy playing music, waking up in an apartment, making his breakfast, then excercing, only then to be revealed that we were actually seeing down the hatch, as opposed to some guy in new york city icon_biggrin.gif

just brilliant.

In the season opener (last week) were we supposed to think that it was Jack's dad making the screwdriver, etc. I got that impression but I don't think they set it up well. Seemed like they were hoping for a reverse WTF, but it didn't work out as planned.

In the season opener (last week) were we supposed to think that it was Jack's dad making the screwdriver, etc

I guess you mean at the start when he watching the car chase on tv? I didn't get the impression we were meant to think it was his dad.

i reckon that the losties who made it off the island are keeping quiet the fact that loads of them survived the air crash, they probably told whoever got them off that they were only survivors protecting the others who stayed on the island.

This is just a very flawed theory, just came into my head but thought i'd get it down.

the ones that didn't get off the island are being held by naomi's people imo. originally it's going to look like all of locke's crew get away from them, but then there's going to be some plot twists, almighty ****ups, and some escapes / recaptures so it will all get muddled up as to who gets to leave.

will probably involve the escapees screwing over the captured ones to leave in some way. hence the 'don't tell anyone' sh*t. and the 'we have to go back' sh*t as well.

Archived