FMS Community Thread

Raptor

I've finally got around to downloading the latest FM09 patch! I had a go at playing it again over the weekend, but found it almost unplayable as I have before. The following line from the changelist for the latest patch should hopefully alter that though:

- Fixed a bug in match classic view where player names would sometimes be left on the pitch.

I can't seem to enjoy any of the camera views for 3d view and some of the things I see annoy me too much I'd rather see 2d blobs instead - the bugs are not amplified quite so much. The new 2D view is horrid though - looks like dustbins or darleks on wheels sliding around the pitch instead of football players. That bug with player names staying on the pitch was making 2D classic unplayable too since it made the rendering too slow and jerky...

Here's hoping I can finally get properly into my new game and my Villareal team who play with no strikers...

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Part 2 of my football Pundit analysis:

Chelsea:

I can't beleive I'm saying a team with John Terry in it will be coming 3rd this year, everyone would love John Terry as an ambassador for their country, in fact had John Terry been leading Germany in the war, we'd all be living in Nazi Germany. Anyway, despite having John Terry in the team, it's not much suprise their finishing 3rd when they appointed a guy who tried to play it about with Paolo Passit and Carlos Kickaballs. Oi SCOLARI. This is England. Look at Stoke and Delap's long hard and explosive weapon, if i was still playing i'd get my head right onto one of those.

Arsenal:

Oh boy, where do I start...How can you perform when all they do is surrender at the first sign of a fight, typical french mindset, the likes of Silvestre, Nasri and Sagna. Not only this but they have Gallas, he cried on a bleeming football pitch, wouldn't see an English hero like John Terry do anything like that. The whole mentallity stems from the manager and his disrespect to cup competitions, I doubt you'd see English legends like Ferguson and O'Neill take a cup competition lightly. That's why Arsenal will finish 4th, literally the worst place in the league.

Do we get to vote on it Terk lol

Nope :p You'll get who you're given.

The way mod appointments have always worked around here is that the current mods put forth a name to the SI mods, who make a decision on whether that person is suitable to represent the forum as a whole. Given that this is an official SI forum, it's fair enough really, we ain't no kind of democracy :D

PM wouldn't get the votes to be a mod. Too anti-authority for their liking :D

I remember the last time we went through that with the mod thing. Silliness, really.

This sort of thing happens when a new moderator is annouced, people expecting a vote, happened on the forums i used to moderate/admin. The funniest thing is when you get applications from people on why they should be a mod or how good they'd be at it.

I'd absolutely hate being a Mod, although as forums go FMS would be far better than most. One I used to be on connected with an online fantasy game was constantly full of kids starting stupid threads, having arguments and calling the mods names or spamming with aliases because they got banned!

When I put tables I use notepad.

I print my table from the game to my hard drive and copy and paste it onto notepad

then copy and paste it onto here dont foget your codings though

[ CODE] [/code ] but don't put spaces between the brackets

Speaking of Mods, I'm getting a Big Brother feeling as 2 of the last ten visitors to my profile are moderators :eek:!

Probably means one of two things:

1) White smoke before long

or, more likely...

2) Run for the hills!

Sweet!! United just scored! Going to make it hard for Arsenal now

And as quick as I wrote this, it's 2 - United is off to Rome me thinks although there is still 80 minutes to play

Haven't watched the match at all (not interested in seeing United's inevitable victory) but it would seem that opinion is all leaning to the fact that it was never a red card. To be honest, that makes my evening a little better :D

What a disappointing performance. We could only score with a penalty, which says it all really.

We used to be able to cut it with the best. To see Arsenal reduced to performance like this, where we have to play catch up with our rivals and made to look like a mid-table team, saddens me greatly.

What a disappointing performance. We could only score with a penalty, which says it all really.

We used to be able to cut it with the best. To see Arsenal reduced to performance like this, where we have to play catch up with our rivals and made to look like a mid-table team, saddens me greatly.

A midtable team is the likes of West Ham. Last time I checked, West Ham weren't in a Champions League final and qualifying again for a Champs League spot.

You're a good side, Wenger is a very good manager keeping pace with the sides with much bigger spending power and next season with a new centre-half and a bit of depth added you'll be challenging alot harder.

The problem with Wenger is, It actually reminds me of football Manager weirdly.

He signs young players, builds them into fantastic players before selling them on and creating more great players, he needs to create a stabled squad at the club and also spend money on some experience, look at United and players who have been their for 5 years:

Ferdinand

Brown

Neville

O'Shea

Fletcher

Scholes

Giggs

Rooney

Ronaldo

Look at Arsenal's:

Fabregas

Toure

Anyone else?

They should sell Adebayor for whatever Milan were willing to pay (was it £25 million?) and spend it on a centre half, and either a rock in the middle of the park a la Vieira, or a striker.

Archived