Anyone use the "Set Nickname" function?

Coop

I do this at the beginning of a new season when my coach tells me what player in my youth players that have come up I should look out for.

For example, I have been told a youngster at Everton called David Rowe is good, so I set his niickname as good youngster David Rowe so I don't forget him. :D

I normally use nicknames for my scouts, to tell me which region they are currently scouting - helps when assigning them to scout a certain player abroad - means I don't have to go back to the scout screen, to find out which scout is currently in the country involved! :)

also use it mostly to re-name my U-18 youth players, who look like being "quite good", to remind me not to release them accidentally. :D

I rename young players which are not enough special to remember all the time but I want to come back and see them later. I give names like AerialDefender0612, which means for me this guy has some potential to be next Sami Hyypiä and I should check him again on July 2012.

I also once once named the Brazilian forward from Shaktar(Ukrania) "I hate you" after he made a hat-trick against me in CL. They had 3 shots on goal vs my 14 shots and I lost 3-2 :(

Archived