Knap FM09 Patch 9.3 Tactics

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Knap your tactics aren't working for me this year. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I concede an average of 2 a game and I'm Valencia, not even playing against the big boys. I seem to concede ALL THE TIME from crosses. The 103pts one leaks goals and the others dont seem to create chances. I'm not having a go I just think I am missing something...

worked for me in Spain 2B4 with Granada, signed some ok players and used the main tactic. Went on holiday the entire season and finished with a play off spot (predicted 9). What adjustments should I make if I need a more defensive tactic for away games?

Particularly interested in a variation of

GKnap41221 - When i meet a strong opponent playing some variation of 4-3-3- with single forward.

As this is the formation common in Spain on higher levels

fessy

In general conceding more in FM10 than FM09. It may be worth trying an adjustment that worked in FM09, moving 1 MC to DM and the other to centre, as Lpool are a difficult team to win against for Chelsea and they use Gerrard at AMC.

fatalfury

I will try to look at non 442 this weekend.

In FM09 I just reduced runs of FBs and MCs, same as down to 10 tactic except without time wasting. Maybe worth ticking counter attack as this appears to have a greater effect in FM10 than FM09.

arsenal

The 106pts is a slow tempo tactic and the final tactic I used in 09.

The TH108pts is a faster tempo version and probably won the most trophies.

fessy

In general conceding more in FM10 than FM09. It may be worth trying an adjustment that worked in FM09, moving 1 MC to DM and the other to centre, as Lpool are a difficult team to win against for Chelsea and they use Gerrard at AMC.

Are there any adjustments to mentality, which mc do I drop? I do think that DMCs work a treat in this game.

fatalfury

I will try to look at non 442 this weekend.

In FM09 I just reduced runs of FBs and MCs, same as down to 10 tactic except without time wasting. Maybe worth ticking counter attack as this appears to have a greater effect in FM10 than FM09.

Works great so far. Thrash teams using 4-5-1 against me in the liga adelente by 3 goals or more. Gave a pretty good account of myself against alt. madrid as well. Just so you know :D

I had a look at defensive options last night although using MU.

Won all away games (half season) using no runs on right MC and FBs.

The Down to 10 Time wasting tactic is rated at 95pts and the Counter attack tactic can work well, but I would see these as more Plan B options rather than a main tactic.

I do not usually change mentality.

Hey, Knap. As you might remember, I was a faitfull follower of your FM09 tactics. However, the ones developed for FM10 are not nearly working as the same ones did on FM09. As an example I used to win the league, if not easy, then comfortable with Spurs using your FM09 tactics. Using your FM10 tactics, I am not even close. They are decent, but there is a difference.

However, I am confident in your ability in creating the best tactics and will be waiting for later tactics :) All the best :)

Hmmm won the Spain Liga Adelante with newly promoted Granada, once again employing the 4-4-2 with pushed up defensive line on holiday mode, comfortably too, 10 points to spare. If you're exploring new formations, might I suggest a narrow formation, 4-1-2-1-2 or or 4-2-3-1, they seem to work a treat this year. Judging from the difficulties I have against those formations in recent games.

Works great so far. Thrash teams using 4-5-1 against me in the liga adelente by 3 goals or more. Gave a pretty good account of myself against alt. madrid as well. Just so you know

Seems that this was a false dawn... I got some pretty decent players on a free (rated around 70 to 75 on genie scout for all areas). And using this tactic, just sinks me against any team playing 4-2-3-1. I'm not entirely sure what when wrong but it seems that the defense gets confused easily by the AMC through balls or lose the person too easily.

Hmmm won the Spain Liga Adelante with newly promoted Granada, once again employing the 4-4-2 with pushed up defensive line on holiday mode, comfortably too, 10 points to spare. If you're exploring new formations, might I suggest a narrow formation, 4-1-2-1-2 or or 4-2-3-1, they seem to work a treat this year. Judging from the difficulties I have against those formations in recent games.

Finished 7th in the la liga on holiday mode but it was with the worst GD ever. - 10 I was 11th halfway in. And adjusted the high tempo version with down to 1 notch above narrow and ticked counter. For the other half of the season. I think it's leaking too many goals currently

• 2 weeks later...

Crewe

The FM08 tactics were rated at 106pts, the tactics I'm using with MU are rated at 97pts, so I am trying to find another 9pts over a season.

You are welcome to try the 97pt tactic or tactics as I have a few at this level.

Crewe

The FM08 tactics were rated at 106pts, the tactics I'm using with MU are rated at 97pts, so I am trying to find another 9pts over a season.

You are welcome to try the 97pt tactic or tactics as I have a few at this level.

Knap I meant havent you released any tactics for FM2010 on the 10.2 patch? :p

Would love if you can PM me the set you are testing now for the latest patch

This is MU test tactic - Note against good sides such as Lpool try dropping DL 2 notches.

________4-4-2BASEP57F47A17WALL10.2P97F83A17MCD_P59CORNP97F78 _Chelsea_ Jun 2010_.tac - 0.00MB

The MU tactic is based on this simple team tactic also rated at 97pts

________4-4-2BASEP57F47A17WALL10.2P97F83A17 _Chelsea_ Aug 2009_.tac - 0.00MB

This is MU test tactic - Note against good sides such as Lpool try dropping DL 2 notches.

________4-4-2BASEP57F47A17WALL10.2P97F83A17MCD_P59CORNP97F78 _Chelsea_ Jun 2010_.tac - 0.00MB

The MU tactic is based on this simple team tactic also rated at 97pts

________4-4-2BASEP57F47A17WALL10.2P97F83A17 _Chelsea_ Aug 2009_.tac - 0.00MB

He knap!!

thanks!!

question:which one is the best for lower league/ average teams?

I geuss the simple team tac.

I play with Blackburn we are struggeling

I start this tac against Chelsea(1st) At home

Blackburn - Chelsea 0-3

Let you know more results

Archived