The Duke v3 - The Fulham Quadruple!

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does that Code's tactic work with decent teams and is that for 9.2.0 patch?;) I will test it and try to implement into my team when winter break will come.

Should really do the trick for you! But you have to give it some time

Another advice I can give is use Tug's Training for FM2009. Duke and me is also using that, since I switched to it I don't have problems with scoring. Before that we were always dominating but sometimes just couldn't score.

Another advice I can give is use Tug's Training for FM2009. Duke and me is also using that, since I switched to it I don't have problems with scoring. Before that we were always dominating but sometimes just couldn't score.

Did you adjust Tugs training for strikers though? It's set on heavy originally and may cause more injuries.

Also, what if you don't have a big striker? For example my team has Benzema and Sanchez, how would the instructions need to be changed to accommodate them?

Did you adjust Tugs training for strikers though? It's set on heavy originally and may cause more injuries.

Also, what if you don't have a big striker? For example my team has Benzema and Sanchez, how would the instructions need to be changed to accommodate them?

I use Tugs training and it works without any tweaks (I have only 3 strikers in my team :D so I have to be sure they will not get injured too often). I forgot Segunda Div. has no winter break. I will have to wait until I will lose chances for promotion or end of season to test it :D

No, I didn't see the intense of training, also had no problems with injuries but will tone it down a bit, thanks!

It isn't an issue to not have a big striker. I have Bojan on the left and Marquinhos on the right, they're my best 2 strikers and Bojan is little bit stronger than Marquinhos so I set him to the left. Benzema's strength and jumping is ok, let him play on the left he should do the job, very similiar attributes like Bojan there, who scored 20 in 26 games with 9 assists.

No, I didn't see the intense of training, also had no problems with injuries but will tone it down a bit, thanks!

It isn't an issue to not have a big striker. I have Bojan on the left and Marquinhos on the right, they're my best 2 strikers and Bojan is little bit stronger than Marquinhos so I set him to the left. Benzema's strength and jumping is ok, let him play on the left he should do the job, very similiar attributes like Bojan there, who scored 20 in 26 games with 9 assists.

Thanks Code :)

Here you are buddies:

http://files.filefront.com/Dukes+Leeds+1FC+Kln+Okt+1tac/;12767931;/fileinfo.html

Keep in mind that you should give it some time. Don't be to harsh if you don't win the first 3-4 matches although you're dominating, was the same for me. After that it has kicked in and now my team is playing some fabolous football. Duke won 7-1 in the super cup with it against Milan. Hope you accept this though Duke otherwise I'll delete it.

EDIT: You should use the better header of your 2 best strikers on the left. He somehow gets more heading opportunities although they're on the same instructions.

so which is better ?

v3 or the leeds tactic ???

Which is the Leeds tactic?

I've been using v3 for 10 matches. It started out well, we won 3 games and then we basically forgot how to score. The following 7 games were all draws, most of them 0-0. My team dominated all those games and created scoring chances but no one could put the ball into the net, it's very frustrating. It especially cost me dearly in Champions League, I couldn't even make it past the group stage. Duke or anyone else can you please help me?

After a couple of seasons at PSG, and twice finishing 4th, I got sacked. Than came Lazio, after a 14th place finish and the sacking of Michael Laudrup, and approached me.

So, just wanted to share my succes with this tactic (both Dukes and Codes):

19toyh.png

As you can see, the first 2 wins are with dukes, and the other 3 are with Codes.

The one I really enjoyed was beating Inter at the San Siro, as they sat on me for the entire match, getting to numerous chances, but not scoring. Than I got an 88th minute penalty and won the game.

Here is the league table. You see where I am at, and you could imagine where I was before I started using this:

2jfnrl.png

Still, sometimes I feel that the defensive line is very fragile, and teams are getting a lot of chances.

I hope this is mainly because of them still getting used to the tactic, and maybe also because I have some harmony problems at the club.

Anyway, great so far, and I hope I could keep it going and maybe get to a CL spot by the end of the season.

Am I needed to put any players on 'target man' and/or 'playmaker' ?

For example one of the midfielders to 'playmaker' and the left striker on 'target man'.

No, just put your best header to the left sided striker. You could experiment with using a target man though.

I am having a problem with codes tactic:

In corners, all of my players are in the oppositions half, and a lot of timesm an opposing player or two are left alone behind my defensive line, and a long ball puts them one-on-one with my keeper.

How can I prevent this, and not lose my effectivness in scoring goals from corners?

In corners, all of my players are in the oppositions half, and a lot of timesm an opposing player or two are left alone behind my defensive line, and a long ball puts them one-on-one with my keeper.

How can I prevent this, and not lose my effectivness in scoring goals from corners?

Tell your side backs to stay back, they are not needed in the box because they are weak in headers etc.

code,

is your version of this tactic still owrking for you have you made ant more tweaks?

No, didn't make any tweaks, still working fine for me.

Hmm, I didn't see this before for me. Will look at the set-pieces instructions and maybe tweak some things. Thanks you mentioned it

Thanks Code. I'm looking forward to using your amazing tactics. The results you've achieved by using it are just phenomenal! They really are.

Cheers

ps I'm going to try out your v2 tactic. It'll be interesting to see if it is better than Matt's TTF set, which has been the best tactic I've used so far.

Alright guys, I've done some tweaks and this is v2:

http://files.filefront.com/Dukes+Leeds+v2+1FC+Kln+S2tac/;12775987;/fileinfo.html

Tweaked settings for Fullbacks and Centre Backs, same settings like in Duke's v3 now. Also same def line and timewasting like Duke's. I also revamped the whole set-pieces instructions, which should do the trick now.

I don't know what did u changed but defensive play looks terrible now ;x

Thanks Code. I'm looking forward to using your amazing tactics. The results you've achieved by using it are just phenomenal! They really are.

Cheers

ps I'm going to try out your v2 tactic. It'll be interesting to see if it is better than Matt's TTF set, which has been the best tactic I've used so far.

lol sorry mate you could have a look at the TacGraber thread, I just uploaded my latest tactic to it ;)

I've used Matt's tactics before, they were working good for me, but only for short-term :( Don't know, you could save your game first and see if it works for you, all I can say is you should give it some time, like 4-5 matches then results start to kick in (if your team gelled well)

lol sorry mate you could have a look at the TacGraber thread, I just uploaded my latest tactic to it ;)

I've used Matt's tactics before, they were working good for me, but only for short-term :( Don't know, you could save your game first and see if it works for you, all I can say is you should give it some time, like 4-5 matches then results start to kick in (if your team gelled well)

But are you getting better results with this than your tactics Ver.1?

EDIT: Just saw youve uploaded Ver.3 of your tactic in the TacGraber thread. What's diffrent in it? and which one of the tactics (1, 2 or 3) do you recomend?

But are you getting better results with this than your tactics Ver.1?

EDIT: Just saw youve uploaded Ver.3 of your tactic in the TacGraber thread. What's diffrent in it? and which one of the tactics (1, 2 or 3) do you recomend?

I'm testing them right now. Will post results into the TacGraber thread, otherwise this thread gets a bit confusing.

Great news.

Will the test be done using Ver.1 of your tactic (why not do the test with ver.3, is that not the most progressed one)? And if so, is that the best of your tactics?

And do you any estimation as to when the results of the test will be availble?

Must say I didn't have any luck with tactics in FM 09 until I used yours (Ver. 1). Since than, with my struggling Lazio side, I've won 6 from 7 (one draw).

Sorry, I was having problems getting the image to display. I have changed the post (its yours Code)

With the first one, v2 or v3? Did a quick test with V3 and it was crap tbh, too many early losses with Chelsea. The first, originally created should work well I think?

I like and am using your tactic Duke - but just wondered about the centre midfielders - Knap's tactics has the attacking midfielders and defensive midfielders swapped with the attacking midfielder in the centre midfield postiton with the arrow going down instead of up and vice versa - I just ask because I've got Diego as my attacking midfielder and just wondered if he should be in the cm slot with the arrow going up, this is because he has been getting poor ratings in the cm slot with the arrow going up - it could be because he's new to the club, 28 now, and a bit of a fancy dan tho! (I hope you understand all this because it's all hard to explain, I can have another go if it ain't clear!)

I like and am using your tactic Duke - but just wondered about the centre midfielders - Knap's tactics has the attacking midfielders and defensive midfielders swapped with the attacking midfielder in the centre midfield postiton with the arrow going down instead of up and vice versa - I just ask because I've got Diego as my attacking midfielder and just wondered if he should be in the cm slot with the arrow going up, this is because he has been getting poor ratings in the cm slot with the arrow going up - it could be because he's new to the club, 28 now, and a bit of a fancy dan tho! (I hope you understand all this because it's all hard to explain, I can have another go if it ain't clear!)

Its an interesting one. The defensive of the two midfielders seems to shoulder a large amount of the creative responsibility - ideally you'd want a Veloso or Palombo (high strength, creativity, off the ball, flair, work rate, passing and tackling) in that role I think. I have toyed with the idea of playing Fabregas there but he's been doing ok in the more attacking of the two midfield roles.

I think it needs some experimentation, I'd love to hear some other user's ideas, especially if I'm right about the creative dMC. What makes an effective player for the more attacking of the two if the dMC is the creative role?

Its an interesting one. The defensive of the two midfielders seems to shoulder a large amount of the creative responsibility - ideally you'd want a Veloso or Palombo (high strength, creativity, off the ball, flair, work rate, passing and tackling) in that role I think. I have toyed with the idea of playing Fabregas there but he's been doing ok in the more attacking of the two midfield roles.

I think it needs some experimentation, I'd love to hear some other user's ideas, especially if I'm right about the creative dMC. What makes an effective player for the more attacking of the two if the dMC is the creative role?

I've tried not to look at it as a "DMC" if you will, but more of a "MC" that sits deep dictating play, sure the arrow points bacl towards the DMC poistion but its still a starting MC slot. I've had some injury problems on my save and have try several midfielders in that role, all with useful results. Moutinho does well in there holld up the bal and trying to thread passes, he struggled a little at first with the breaking up of counter attacks but seems more used to it now.

Veloso owns the role but i've had to use my young Brazilian DM/MC in the position due to the injurys i mentioned, Ramiries of Cruzerio, and he thrives in the lime light of dictating the play. Tons of room to spray passes and thread the ball into holes behind the defense.

Great work Duke..

Archived