New editor download

I'm writing in this forum and not in Editors section, as this is clearly the place where SI thinks all editing poeple stick around. I have some questions:

1. Can anyone possibly upload the editor to some file-hosting service as some of us can't use p2p networks? Please.

2. Why SI did not inform anyone that there is a new version of editor ready to download? I mean, come on - if it wasn't for someone who wrote it in some topic, I wouldn't even know that there is an update for the editor at all. Why is this SI? You should at least bother to announce it in the Editors forums, there are lots of people who are frustrated with the first version of your editor and you could easily quiet them down with this update information. But instead you just paste the information and link (why torrent only? - that's another question) to the new editor in a sticky that noone has read from ages as it was closed like a month ago. What's the point of releasing a new editor if noone can find it? Your main site doesn't mention it neither, not to mention the in-game update option ("Check for updates" in game main screen).

3. Do you plan to release an updated editor when a new game patch is released? It would be really frustrating if there were bugs because of difference in version like it happened on release of the first game patch.

Oh, and big Thank You for your time fixing the editor.

Eh? What new editor?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????

This one.

FM 2009 PC v1.1 Editor Patch

http://torrent.sigames.com:7000/torrents/wsm2009_editor_v1.1.exe.torrent?1D7E14607920FE40F5B57725CEAEB15A4CEB5368

I'm not installing a torrent client just to get one thing though.

Maybe someone who does get it will be nice and upload it to MegaRapidUploadFire for us none torrent users.

Edit - Doh! Beaten by 2 seconds.

I can't use torrent either. I'm in the midst of a savegame anyway, but I'd like it ready for the next patch.

Does it just fix minor glitches or can you edit 3D bods - skin colour etc? Someone posted an extract of the fixlist from a thread but I don't know which one - says it fixes the future transfer bug. Bizarre lack of promotion on the part of SI here.

Looks like this is the full changelist available on download although there is a suggestion that it isn't comprehensive.

General

=======

- Fixed loan/youth field mismatch for player histories that caused player's career histories to incorrectly display them as having been on loan.

- Fixed not displaying nonplayer histories properly (which meant these were not editable at all).

- Fixed typo on player attributes label - "Loyality" instead of "Loyalty".

- Fixed bug where regen names were misaligned in an edited database causing regenerated/virtual player names to be from the wrong nations.

- Changed the edit competition history panel to work the same way as other history edit panels, and fixed bug where deleting competition history would set all the year to 1800.

- Renamed pitch size labels to show unit of measurement(yards).

- Fixed bug where future transfers didn't work.

Is it only me that thinks lespacio sounds like a spanish lesbian?

That's highly propable :p

Anyway, here's the change list for this update:

------------------------------------------

Football Manager Data Editor 2009 v9.1

------------------------------------------

General

=======

- Fixed loan/youth field mismatch for player histories that caused player's career histories to incorrectly display them as having been on loan.

- Fixed not displaying nonplayer histories properly (which meant these were not editable at all).

- Fixed typo on player attributes label - "Loyality" instead of "Loyalty".

- Fixed bug where regen names were misaligned in an edited database causing regenerated/virtual player names to be from the wrong nations.

- Changed the edit competition history panel to work the same way as other history edit panels, and fixed bug where deleting competition history would set all the year to 1800.

- Renamed pitch size labels to show unit of measurement(yards).

- Fixed bug where future transfers didn't work.

Have you tested the effect on an edited database too.

So if I get regens with wrong names because I edited my database before, will I still have this effect in my already started saves or in new saves created with the edited databse (with or without reloading and resaving in the new editor)?

Have you tested the effect on an edited database too.

So if I get regens with wrong names because I edited my database before, will I still have this effect in my already started saves or in new saves created with the edited databse (with or without reloading and resaving in the new editor)?

99.99% certain you'll have to at the very least re-open and re-save your database in order to get it to work properly, it won't effect databases saved with the previous version of the editor or databases already in saved games.

Well, at least that would explain all the Korean and Chinese-sounding greyed out Japanese players...

Archived