***FMS 2023 Awards (Better Late than Never) Live from the Hardly Athletic Hall of Fame***

mark wilson27

Now its time for the Hall of Fame before we start with the big three awards

This year we again have not been able to put a new forum member into the Hall of Fame with Terk coming closest with 40% of the votes.

As with the Writer's Hall of Fame we are without a Story going into the Hall of Fame with the closest being  The True Story of a Footballing Legend (Peacemaker07) which again got 40% of the votes

Now its time for the big three awards. The first of which being The Terk/Raptor/Wilson Builder's Award. Its open to everyone who is on the FM Stories side of the board. So who did you rabble think was the most helpful and kept the board going throughout the year.

2 minutes ago, mark wilson27 said:

I am truly honoured to have won this award again, its very humbling when I get voted for any award especially this one

Look Mark, all you do for this forum, for all of the years, you totally deserve it.

Again this was very closely fought with three writers close to winning and one vote deciding it (This is why every vote counts)

The winner of the Story of the Year is

The Ultimate World Football Manager Save (Jon1982)

which has now won it for the third year in a row.

Well done Jon a remarkable achievement

1 minute ago, CFuller said:

10 Builder's Awards.

What can I say, Mark? You really do keep these boards going year after year. Thank you.

1 minute ago, WLKRAS said:

Look Mark, all you do for this forum, for all of the years, you totally deserve it.

Both of you I am truly humbled by your words

The Winner of the Writer of the Year by three votes and fully deserving of the word is

EvilDave

who has won this award for a second year in a row and this is his 4th time of winning it

Dave what can I say apart you are a legend of these forums and deserve every award you have won tonight and in the past

Well done sir

And with that gentlemen the awards ceremony ends.

Feel free to hang around and drink the bar dry or go to Kyle Walkers secret house for the after party

Thank you for turning up and being part of the awards and well done everyone who won

1 minute ago, mark wilson27 said:

The Winner of the Writer of the Year by three votes and fully deserving of the word is

EvilDave

who has won this award for a second year in a row and this is his 4th time of winning it

Dave what can I say apart you are a legend of these forums and deserve every award you have won tonight and in the past

Well done sir

Couldn't have put it any better, Mark. Dave is truly an FMS legend.

Congratulations to all the winners tonight. :applause:

Congrats to all award winners

Thankyou also to mark, who puts an amazing amount of effort into this and everything he does for the forum

You deserve every award and accolade you receive My good sir 

Competition was tough this year so every award has been well earned by all who won

Name Total Main Other
mark wilson27 39 14 25
tenthreeleader 31 15 16
Peacemaker7 24 14 10
EvilDave 24 6 18
CFuller 17 4 13
Raptor 15 5 10
Terk 15 8 7
BobBev 11 4 7
gavrenwick 11 5 6
Spav 10 4 6
flipsix 10 2 8
Faramir 9 1 8
copperhorse21 9 4 5
Amaroq 9 4 5
neilhoskins77 8 2 6
John1982 8 4 4
chesterfan2 5 2 3
Dixie Flatline 5 0 5
Flann O'Brien 4 2 2
Andrew Downing 4 1 3
KingJeff 4 1 3
displaced_seagull 4 1 3
HD 4 1 3
Dalbeider 4 0 4
spurzgrrl 4 0 4
Elrithral 4 0 4
Mandy42 4 1 3
SCIAG 3 2 1
nickgreenan 3 1 2
Educated Hick 3 0 3
benny 3 0 3
Ell_G 3 0 3
Rien102 3 0 3
leicester33 2 1 0
Brian of Nazareth 2 1 1
binny 2 1 1
Donners 2 1 1
maollelujah 2 1 1
OMDave 2 1 1
mikezone13 2 1 1
Chonner 2 1 1
mamtez1536 2 1 1
ScottleeSV 2 1 1
Brian W 2 0 2
Gino 2 0 2
ghostwriter 2 0 2
Harry Kure with the corner kick 2 0 2
Charnley 2 0 2
silver_blue 2 0 2
Lionel Perez 2 0 2
Wimb the Barman 2 0 2
-Xenon- 2 0 2
Makonnen 2 0 2
Celtic_1967 2 0 2
Bigmattb28 2 0 2
Sherm 2 0 2
STFCDP_1990 1 0 1
LukeMorgan88 1 0 1
Richey 1 1 0
Sebs 1 1 0
Steve 'Wall 1 1 0
Bari for the Scudetto 1 0 1
Offspring88 1 1 0
gandycoleuk 1 1 0
Bozz 1 0 1
Dittohead 1 0 1
Jack O'Sullivan 1 0 1
Soldout 1 0 1
Tricky Winger 1 0 1
JimT 1 0 1
13litz 1 0 1
Attjen 1 0 1
Bad Dog 1 0 1
boo radley2 1 0 1
Dark_Soccer 1 0 1
Euan 1 0 1
glamdring 1 0 1
Harleqin 1 0 1
Jambo_4eva 1 0 1
Juni 1 0 1
Kazema 1 0 1
McRob 1 0 1
nerf 1 0 1
Orang_Utan Stan 1 0 1
SirFozzie 1 0 1
Texan 1 0 1
The RingMaster 1 0 1
bartley_m 1 0 1
Reddiablo 1 0 1
Silverfox 1 0 1
irishregan 1 0 1
Marmoset Junior 1 0 1
Gricehead 1 0 1
Panpardus 1 0 1
edtheguy 1 0 1
JoeyBaldwin 1 0 1
Pechorin 1 0 1
Abe Lenstra 1 0 1
Cider Drinker 1 1 0
WLKRAS 1 0 1

Well done everyone and as always a big thank you to Mark for organising it all. 

Humbled that Chris Browne has shared an award and I hope he can continue to grow into a fully-fledged winner going forward.

I've been around FMS for a long, long time, often coming and going over a period of time and while we're not as active as we once were, it's great to see that the standard of writing remains phenomenally high.

Finally, I'd like to raise a glass to all writers on here, current and past and in particular those who got me hooked in the first place, Rap, PM7, HD, Terk and so many others. Thank you all for sharing your world with us :thup:

Right, I'm off home. I'm not taking anything with me, except a year's supply of Polish screenwash.

Mmm... Polish. Maybe I should go to Poland for my next FM story... ;)

23 minutes ago, WLKRAS said:

Humbled that Chris Browne has shared an award and I hope he can continue to grow into a fully-fledged winner going forward.

What did I tell you about him? :)

Sorry I couldn't be around last night, but thank you Mark for making this happen and for all your work on the forums - it's a brilliant corner of the internet and I'm really grateful you keep it going!

Congratulations to all the winners, and thank you too for anointing me Writer of the Year. It's an honour to be recognised by a great group of writers and all-round excellent people. Here's to another successful year for FMS!

Sorry I couldn't make it last night folks, it's a very busy weekend here I'm afraid.

Congratulations to all of those winning awards, and to those nominated.

Special thanks as always to Mark for running the Awards once more.

I look forward to the next year of reading and enjoying all of the work that keeps our little corner of the internet alive.

With every Award Ceremony we have the three main Awards, which are CM/FMS'er of the Year, Writer of the Year and Story of the Year. We also have every so often someone earning their place in the FMS Hall of Fame. So here is the current list from 2004 to date

| Year | The Terk/Raptor/Wilson  | Writer of Year | Story of Year                                                      | Hall of Fame   |
|      |     Builder’s Award     |                |                                                                    |                |               
|------|-------------------------|----------------|--------------------------------------------------------------------|----------------| 
| 2004 | Simon F                 | BobBev         | Silver_blue just bit me! (Donners)                                 | N/A            | 
|------|-------------------------|----------------|--------------------------------------------------------------------|----------------|
| 2005 | Terk                    | Faramir        | Leaving the past behind (FM edition) (Flipsix3) (HOF 2010)         | N/A            | 
| 2006 | Peacemaker7             | Peacemaker7    | To Boldly Go As Faroe As We Can Go... (Peacemaker7)                | N/A            | 
| 2007 | Terk                    | Amaroq         | Sharpening a Rusty Blade (Amaroq)                                  | Peacemaker7    |
| 2008 | Terk                    | tenthreeleader | American Calcio Padova FM 2008 (tenthreeleader)                    | N/A            | 
| 2009 | tenthreeleader          | tenthreeleader | Rob Ridgway’s “Rat Pack” (tenthreeleader)                          | Raptor         | 
| 2010 | Terk                    | copperhorse21  | Cheating the Reaper: A Copper Horse "Tail" (copperhorse21)         | flipsix3       | 
|      |                         | gavrenwick     | Tina's Super Saints of Paisley (gavrenwick)                        |                | 
| 2011 | mark wilson27           | mark wilson27  | A Tale of Two Brothers (offspring08)                               | tenthreeleader |
|      | tenthreeleader          |                | Luton Town: Staring Into The Abyss (ScottLeeSV)                    |                | 
| 2012 | mark wilson27           | mark wilson27  | The Ace of Spades (tenthreeleader)                                 | N/A            |
|      |                         | tenthreeleader |                                                                    |                | 
| 2013 | N/A                     | N/A            | N/A                                                                | N/A            | 
| 2014 | N/A                     | N/A            | N/A                                                                | N/A            | 
| 2015 | mark wilson27           | tenthreeleader | [FM15] Malone Again, Naturally (tenthreeleader)                    | N/A            | 
| 2016 | mark wilson27           | tenthreeleader | [FM15] Raising Cain (tenthreeleader)                               | N/A            | 
| 2017 | mark wilson27           | EvilDave       | House of Flying Daggers (CFuller)                                  | N/A            | 
| 2018 | mark wilson27           | CFuller        | Another Final (EvilDave)                                           | N/A            | 
| 2019 | mark wilson27           | CFuller        | An Impossible Man (CFuller)                                        | N/A            | 
|      |                         | EvilDave       |                                                                    |                | 
| 2020 | mark wilson27           | mark wilson27  | The Brief History of a Union Divided (EvilDave)                    | N/A            | 
|      |                         |                | Confessions of the greatest football manager of all time (Mandy42) |                |
|      |                         |                | (FM’09) The Indian Summer ….And Beyond –                           |                |
|      |                         |                | A Chance to Rewrite History Part III.V (Neilhoskins77)             |                | 
| 2021 | mark wilson27           | mark wilson27  | The Ultimate World Football Manager Save (John1982)                | mark wilson27  | 
| 2022 | neilhoskins77           | EvilDave       | The Ultimate World Football Manager Save (John1982)                | N/A            | 
| 2023 | mark wilson27           | EvilDave       | The Ultimate World Football Manager Save (John1982)                | N/A            | 

Thankyou for my two awards this year and my hat-trick of Story of They Year awards (it's getting a bit like Ant n Dec at the National TV Awards). I dedicate these to my Mrs for watching sufficiently bad telly to compel me to bring you football stories from far and distant lands.. 

Edited by Jon1982

3 hours ago, Jon1982 said:

Thankyou for my two awards this year and my hat-trick of Story of They Year awards (it's getting a bit like Ant n Dec at the National TV Awards). I dedicate these to my Mrs for watching sufficiently bad telly to compel me to bring you football stories from far and distant lands.. 

Deserved mate. 

• 2 weeks later...