Is it worth?

Is it worth starting a  long term career right now on fm24. I’ve heard the game has loads of bugs including opposing teams not making subs or rotating etc and various other bugs. Thanks in advance

Opposition teams make regular subs in my save. I have seen examples when no subs have been made when they maybe should have, but it's not every team, every game. Just needs tightening up a bit. However, it's another issue that's blown wildly out of proportion due to mad rantings on here. 

I'm halfway through season 5 in my save now, and haven't noticed anything remotely game breaking. Even the mad interactions have now calmed down significantly since my first season. 

With that in mind, I'd say go for it. You're only missing out otherwise. Best piece of advice I can give you is to just play the game and enjoy it. If you go into a save with the mindset of looking for things wrong with it, you'll never have a good time. 

1 minute ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Opposition teams make regular subs in my save. I have seen examples when no subs have been made when they maybe should have, but it's not every team, every game. Just needs tightening up a bit. However, it's another issue that's blown wildly out of proportion due to mad rantings on here. 

I'm halfway through season 5 in my save now, and haven't noticed anything remotely game breaking. Even the mad interactions have now calmed down significantly since my first season. 

With that in mind, I'd say go for it. You're only missing out otherwise. Best piece of advice I can give you is to just play the game and enjoy it. If you go into a save with the mindset of looking for things wrong with it, you'll never have a good time. 

Thanks. Are u onto 5 th season with fm 24 ? Or a previous version 

3 minutes ago, Brad0026 said:

Thanks. Are u onto 5 th season with fm 24 ? Or a previous version 

FM24, started when the Early Access was released. I had planned on doing a new save on full release, but I'm enjoying this save too much. Best FM there's been by a country mile. 

35 minutes ago, Brad0026 said:

Is it worth starting a  long term career right now on fm24. I’ve heard the game has loads of bugs including opposing teams not making subs or rotating etc and various other bugs. Thanks in advance

You can always try the Demo version....once they re-release it or fix it

if you believe what you hear from rants in videogame forums you won't buy any game ever again. A lot of good games came out recently and every single one had people screaming is broken (and I enjoyed most of them).

Plus in modern times games can be fixed with patches bugs will be resolved (to a degree). I feel the real question should be do I like football managers or do i find it a spreadsheet with images?

If you like the type of game go for it and try it for yourself. I never ever listen to any online review the only one I may listen to is my real friend commenting on a game people on the internet are absolutely not reliable 90% are morons that like to talk doom at every little thing.

29 minutes ago, Ngoc said:

if you believe what you hear from rants in videogame forums you won't buy any game ever again.

This is the true word. Video game is a software and software tend to have bugs. You have to understand which are game breaking and which are not. I think FM needs to improve, but there are rants here and out in the Reddit that feels like you cannot play the game at all. Bunch of entitled losers? Maybe! Did SI drop the ball regarding J-League license? Definitely. But, if you want to enjoy a game with some flaws, you can still enjoy them. At least I am enjoying it. 

The J-League stuff was unfortunate and must be quite embarrassing for SI, but it's really not that big of a deal given it's likely to be patched soon. 

I watch quite a few content creators and most if not all of them seem to be happily playing the game without any major issues. One guy's even got a J-League save going and he's had no issues with it whatsoever. 

47 minutes ago, Ngoc said:

if you believe what you hear from rants in videogame forums you won't buy any game ever again. A lot of good games came out recently and every single one had people screaming is broken (and I enjoyed most of them).

Plus in modern times games can be fixed with patches bugs will be resolved (to a degree). I feel the real question should be do I like football managers or do i find it a spreadsheet with images?

If you like the type of game go for it and try it for yourself. I never ever listen to any online review the only one I may listen to is my real friend commenting on a game people on the internet are absolutely not reliable 90% are morons that like to talk doom at every little thing.

Just heard there were lots of bugs. Also saw that apparently other teams that u play against don’t make subs or rotate there squads or use any youth 

24 minutes ago, Brad0026 said:

Just heard there were lots of bugs. Also saw that apparently other teams that u play against don’t make subs or rotate there squads or use any youth 

Is this the first FM you're thinking of buying or have you played FM before?

That's my point don't believe what you read on here from random people! Teams I play against make subs! and too many injuries are a LTP2024 issue... I posted a screenshot of my first seasons in the first season I had 54% less than projections (only 33 injuries all year only 2 red, one of which was the goalkeeper, known bug), and in the second season, I had 46% less than projections 36 injuries (if I remember correctly 4 red one again being the goalkeeper).

True is players need to adapt to playing FM24 as if it was FM23 with the same exact tactic/pressure (everybody gegenpress with tons of stress aggressive ALL the time maybe with players with low stamina or physical attribute) and using FM23 training (most people fill up all 3 daily slots) never check or bother to check medical don't even have sports science or physician... yep that will break tons of players but they blame the game

They had a bug it was the fact that goalkeepers break crazy easily and they would address it if they didn't already

Screenshot 2023-11-08 094136.jpg

new.jpg

If you really like the game buy it if you feel the need to listen to whiners and stupid reviews maybe you don't really want the game and want a reason to NOT buy it.

Edited by Ngoc

32 minutes ago, Ngoc said:

That's my point don't believe what you read on here from random people! Teams I play against make subs! and too many injuries are a LTP2024 issue... I posted a screenshot of my first seasons in the first season I had 54% less than projections (only 33 injuries all year only 2 red, one of which was the goalkeeper, known bug), and in the second season, I had 46% less than projections 36 injuries (if I remember correctly 4 red one again being the goalkeeper).

True is players need to adapt to playing FM24 as if it was FM23 with the same exact tactic/pressure (everybody gegenpress with tons of stress aggressive ALL the time maybe with players with low stamina or physical attribute) and using FM23 training (most people fill up all 3 daily slots) never check or bother to check medical don't even have sports science or physician... yep that will break tons of players but they blame the game

They had a bug it was the fact that goalkeepers break crazy easily and they would address it if they didn't already

Screenshot 2023-11-08 094136.jpg

new.jpg

If you really like the game buy it if you feel the need to listen to whiners and stupid reviews maybe you don't really want the game and want a reason to NOT buy it.

I have Played plenty of games where the AI makes enough or uses all its subs, but have also seen it not making them in friendlies and in matches where they are trailing. So its defo a problem. The issue may be more common in certain leagues and comps. One thing for sure is its widely reported. And its a bug being looked into. 

11 minutes ago, Zapoleon said:

I have Played plenty of games where the AI makes enough or uses all its subs, but have also seen it not making them in friendlies and in matches where they are trailing. So its defo a problem. The issue may be more common in certain leagues and comps. One thing for sure is its widely reported. And its a bug being looked into. 

Yes, I would agree there is an issue with it, and I've no doubt it will get fixed, but the way people go on about it online you'd think it was stopping the game from loading. Whereas the only real repercussion of this is fringe players missing out on game time. However this should be fixed long before it becomes an issue with a player's overall career development. 

Talking of which, I'm five seasons into my save, and the game has lots of good newgens breaking through already, more than I usually see at this point in a save, so that's definitely been improved upon. 

Edited by Dagenham_Dave

19 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Yes, I would agree there is an issue with it, and I've no doubt it will get fixed, but the way people go on about it online you'd think it was stopping the game from loading. Whereas the only real repercussion of this is fringe players missing out on game time. However this should be fixed long before it becomes an issue with a player's overall career development. 

Talking of which, I'm five seasons into my save, and the game has lots of good newgens breaking through already, more than I usually see at this point in a save, so that's definitely been improved upon. 

I think it’s the fact of the other team are not making subs then they it makes it easier and gives you a unfair advantage 

3 minutes ago, Brad0026 said:

I think it’s the fact of the other team are not making subs then they it makes it easier and gives you a unfair advantage 

It's not all the time though, only certain games, not enough for it to be a major issue IMO. 

4 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

It's not all the time though, only certain games, not enough for it to be a major issue IMO. 

Exactly, Everyone complaining is just crying like an angry toddler. I've been through 6 seasons from my early access save and I hardly have any issues with this game/ Love it, can't stop playing it, and am addicted. 

9 minutes ago, XRykuri said:

Exactly, Everyone complaining is just crying like an angry toddler. I've been through 6 seasons from my early access save and I hardly have any issues with this game/ Love it, can't stop playing it, and am addicted. 

Not crying about it check the teams you’re playing against do they Make subs or rotate their squads. A lot of Pepole are saying every team they play against don’t make subs 

all teams that play against me make subs. It may be true that subs are somehow broken but I wouldn't trust that "a lot of people" because to me it never happened. A lot of whiners that go to the forum to cry about everything every time they can a lot of the other 67.000 people on line don't seem to have that problem like me.

so A lot seems a new term to describe to a few whiners of forums at best is relatively not game-breaking and probably will be fixed so why are we still talking about it as a problem?

Edited by Ngoc

7 minutes ago, Riven said:

Have you guys with kinda advanced saves had problems with those famous complains about squad depth? I think that’s the only thing I consider a bit game breaker.

Not at all. The teams in my save are rotating well and regularly playing young players. I'm managing in Scotland though. I think the main issue with this is in the EPL due to the over inflated quality of real life players there which hampers youth development in the early years of a save as the quality of newgens produced simply cannot compete. Don't really have that problem in Scotland. 

hace 2 minutos, Dagenham_Dave dijo:

Not at all. The teams in my save are rotating well and regularly playing young players. I'm managing in Scotland though. I think the main issue with this is in the EPL due to the over inflated quality of real life players there which hampers youth development in the early years of a save as the quality of newgens produced simply cannot compete. Don't really have that problem in Scotland. 

Sorry I think I didn’t explain myself very well!

I was talking about when a player complains about the lack of depth in X position and then, no matter what your answer is, all the squad feels that you treated him poorly, so they lose the confidence in you. 

27 minutes ago, Riven said:

Sorry I think I didn’t explain myself very well!

I was talking about when a player complains about the lack of depth in X position and then, no matter what your answer is, all the squad feels that you treated him poorly, so they lose the confidence in you. 

I’ve had it once, captain and a few first teamers complained about GK depth (I had one first choice keeper, a youngish back up and another youngish emergency backup).

Told them I was happy with the squad, half were ok, half weren’t. Carried on regardless, after a few weeks they were all over it, with no remaining issues.

People forget, early in saves, these issues present more because even on high rep, you don’t have strong relationships with players.

55 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

People forget, early in saves, these issues present more because even on high rep, you don’t have strong relationships with players.

This 100% - I had more issues in the first year of the save than the last four combined. I did feel it was over the top even for being a first year coach, but it's definitely calmed down A LOT. 

3 hours ago, gunner86 said:

You might have a point here.  

I am currently managing Monopoli in FM23 save with regional footballer + national A license reputation, I was able to win over them before end of the year.  

On the other hand, in FM24, I am trying my hands on Arsenal with continental A + national footballer reputation, I am getting roasted in my first season every way possible (team, media, etc.).  

I don't want to say there's no issue, but people might also need to keep this aspect in mind. Some people might be seeing this reputation effect in play.

I am one of the 'whiners' but I stand by my 'rants' particularly when these 'bugs' were showcased as headline features. I still maintain it is poor show by SI and they really should do better. Saying that i am massively encouraged by this thread.

18 hours ago, Brad0026 said:

Just as an update, just played away to Dundee and the AI team made all 5 subs before the 80th minute. 

image.png.4d7859a977da2416170aefedece17ce0.png

Im in two minds weather or not to start my save at the weekend.  My team is all set up and ready to go but because of the reported bugs - team talks not working - (Im a moticational manager and this is how I play the game so its important for this to be working for my saves,  squad building, subs (Im pleased that Dagenham Dave has reported that the subs are not as bad as what is reported) but the thing that is mainly putting me off is the high scoring unrealisic games such as below in the Championship which is reported in the official feedback thread - so this is putting me off until fixes come out.  I don't want to start a game and because it is generally scripted except the results know what issues I may have to face and then re-start.  Hoping for fixes soon!

image.png.71a3293d7b13349c9df89162cfe1f5

6 minutes ago, wazza said:

Im in two minds weather or not to start my save at the weekend.  My team is all set up and ready to go but because of the reported bugs - team talks not working - (Im a moticational manager and this is how I play the game so its important for this to be working for my saves,  squad building, subs (Im pleased that Dagenham Dave has reported that the subs are not as bad as what is reported) but the thing that is mainly putting me off is the high scoring unrealisic games such as below in the Championship which is reported in the official feedback thread - so this is putting me off until fixes come out.  I don't want to start a game and because it is generally scripted except the results know what issues I may have to face and then re-start.  Hoping for fixes soon!

image.png.71a3293d7b13349c9df89162cfe1f5

I would wait, there is a good few issues as you mention that will impact any save started the now the confirmed GK injury bug, the high goal count per match, the subs bug, Some general issues with the AI. And the player interaction stuff. Its a pain to wait but the game will overall be a much better and fun experiance when these things have been fixed and imrpoved in patches. 

12 minutes ago, wazza said:

I only ever had an issue with team talks in the first season, and I'm close to five seasons done now. 

Goals are a little higher than real life, but not drastically so, for example this was the last week in my league. 

image.png.e6723151ae82527948dd8aa765f7df95.png

Similarly, I've had one goalkeeper injury since I started my save, although I've seen others have loads, and it's clearly an issue they are aware of, but it doesn't affect everybody. 

Squad rotation and squad building over close to 5 seasons in Scotland has been great, better than previous versions. I'm still convinced the EPL totally mucks this up, however. 

When you consider how good the match engine is, overall, this is by some distance my favourite FM ever right now. 

Of course there's bugs in the game, that's just the same everywhere across the industry nowadays though. None of the bugs have seriously hampered my enjoyment of the game now that the interactions stuff has calmed down. 

I think if you get past the first season, you'll have a great time with this game. Those first few months can be brutal, though. 

I had one issue and was not team talking was this player I bought and asked to play IWB I played him IWB (because was exactly what I wanted as well) actually all the time he was a very happy green dot on the promise

suddenly one day he got all mad saying I wasn't playing him in his favorite position I went to check if maybe his favorite position changed and It was still IWB and I was playing IWB but he was livid...

it lasted 2 matches then the promise disappeared and he was happy again. Totally a bug and since it disappeared I overwritten the save of that moment it bug out (so I couldn't send the bug report). **** happens but I usually take it as a challenge for my managerial skill of handling sudden crap like in sim city and the hurricane no point in complaining just "deal with it" is my philosophy. (not that in real life it goes always according to plan or always everything makes sense)

I am not saying it doesn't have bugs it has bugs and maybe more than some people can tolerate (if they have low tolerance) but not playing because of it depends on you. I find challenges in small problems and the game at least for me and my methodic playstyle is on the easy side of the spectrum so I welcome those little hiccups

Edited by Ngoc

Just to add to squad rotation and playing newgens. 

Just played Raith Rovers in my last game, they started the match with eight newgen players in the starting XI (bear in mind I'm in season 5). A lot of the other Championship sides are using multiple newgens at this point in the save, 

Across the division, only one team (Ross County) have a squad with an average age above 26. 

This is far, far better than it's ever been in this regard. 

The problem as I've said multiple times, is with the top teams and players - The real life top players are so far ahead on FM, newgens rarely get a sniff and this hampers development. 

14 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Just as an update, just played away to Dundee and the AI team made all 5 subs before the 80th minute. 

image.png.4d7859a977da2416170aefedece17ce0.png

Thank you buddy. What was the issue with the teamtalks everyone is talking about? Also what do you mean when u say the once u get the first season out the way as it’s brutal? Thanks in advance

Edited by Brad0026

40 minutes ago, Brad0026 said:

Thank you buddy. What was the issue with the teamtalks everyone is talking about? Also what do you mean when u say the once u get the first season out the way as it’s brutal? Thanks in advance

In the first season when the players don't know (or sometimes respect) you, if you go in too harsh with team talks, it can really backfire on you. This never really happened on previous versions unless you 'threw the water bottle', however now you have to earn the respect of your players before you go nuts at them in the dressing room after the match. I originally thought this was bugged, but on reflection, and having played through several seasons now, I can see this was actually tweaked to make it more realistic. 

The one thing I would say that could be toned down is how long certain players are affected by it. In my first season, I had a player sulking for about 3 months due to a severe team talk, and that's a bit silly, but I've not encountered this at all anymore since then. 

I've found that in this year's game, you really have to treat the players with kid gloves until you get enough authority over them over time. And I quite like that, makes the process more organic. It's quite a change from previous versions, and many, myself included, thought it was properly bugged. 

21 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

In the first season when the players don't know (or sometimes respect) you, if you go in too harsh with team talks, it can really backfire on you. This never really happened on previous versions unless you 'threw the water bottle', however now you have to earn the respect of your players before you go nuts at them in the dressing room after the match. I originally thought this was bugged, but on reflection, and having played through several seasons now, I can see this was actually tweaked to make it more realistic. 

The one thing I would say that could be toned down is how long certain players are affected by it. In my first season, I had a player sulking for about 3 months due to a severe team talk, and that's a bit silly, but I've not encountered this at all anymore since then. 

I've found that in this year's game, you really have to treat the players with kid gloves until you get enough authority over them over time. And I quite like that, makes the process more organic. It's quite a change from previous versions, and many, myself included, thought it was properly bugged. 

Cheers mate 

On 08/11/2023 at 10:51, Brad0026 said:

It’s funny how you came here saying you don’t have the game and then insist that other team don’t make changes to people that actually is playing the game. Are you trying to convince yourself that is bugged to convince people that likes it that they shouldn’t like it or what is your angle

16 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I only ever had an issue with team talks in the first season, and I'm close to five seasons done now. 

Goals are a little higher than real life, but not drastically so, for example this was the last week in my league. 

image.png.e6723151ae82527948dd8aa765f7df95.png

Similarly, I've had one goalkeeper injury since I started my save, although I've seen others have loads, and it's clearly an issue they are aware of, but it doesn't affect everybody. 

Squad rotation and squad building over close to 5 seasons in Scotland has been great, better than previous versions. I'm still convinced the EPL totally mucks this up, however. 

When you consider how good the match engine is, overall, this is by some distance my favourite FM ever right now. 

Of course there's bugs in the game, that's just the same everywhere across the industry nowadays though. None of the bugs have seriously hampered my enjoyment of the game now that the interactions stuff has calmed down. 

I think if you get past the first season, you'll have a great time with this game. Those first few months can be brutal, though. 

Thanks, Ill give it a start tonight and see how I get along.  I normally don't read the feedback threads and just get onto a save in the beta then continue it over into main game, letting the fixes come as they arrive.

For some reason I started reading the forums this time and it put me off continuing.  Ive not even played a match yet, just set up my team and tactics for how I want to play as with work etc... dont get alot of time to play the game.  If I find any major bugs that stops my enjoyment I can always pause and wait for the fix.  Also thinking about it as well with work etc... by the time I get to xmas I probably wont have even finished first season lol and by that time it would be hopefully patched based upon previous verisions

Edited by wazza

8 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Just to add to this, because I think it’s bang on, the key barometer to use here is the manager support. The higher it is in the green, the stronger players will be positively impacted by your actions.

This now seems to change slower than it has in previous FMs too.

8 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

So could this be why the players in the first season or so do not seem to respond when you give them a team talk as they have in previous games ie making them instantly happy with morale etc.. and then therefore it has been reported as a bug, when actually its the ways it is intended to be to make it more realisic.

3 hours ago, Ngoc said:

It’s funny how you came here saying you don’t have the game and then insist that other team don’t make changes to people that actually is playing the game. Are you trying to convince yourself that is bugged to convince people that likes it that they shouldn’t like it or what is your angle

Are you Denying that there is a problem with Ai teams not making subs during a game? If so i would say it's you who hasn't played the game.....

46 minutes ago, wazza said:

So could this be why the players in the first season or so do not seem to respond when you give them a team talk as they have in previous games ie making them instantly happy with morale etc.. and then therefore it has been reported as a bug, when actually its the ways it is intended to be to make it more realisic.

That's the way I see it, could be wrong though. 

2 hours ago, wazza said:

1 hour ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

That's the way I see it, could be wrong though. 

Team talks etc have always been less effective at the start of the game, or when you take over a new club. It just seems that it’s now more extended and pronounced. I’m in my second season now and like @Dagenham_Dave have no issue getting a reaction in team talks.

Whether or not it’s by design only SI can answer but it’s not even really a new thing, so I feel it is deliberate.

4 hours ago, iAlwaysWin said:

Are you Denying that there is a problem with Ai teams not making subs during a game? If so i would say it's you who hasn't played the game.....

Than you would be a moron as I posted a screenshot few post above and I tend not to talk with moron is pointless 

Edited by Ngoc

I'm OCD about having everything working and in place before starting any saves. Already have all logos, skins, facepacks, etc installed. Just waiting on them to fix all (or at least most) of the bugs now. Particularly the player interactions and unrealistic transfers.

1 hour ago, kazik said:

I'm OCD about having everything working and in place before starting any saves. 

I can only imagine you've never started an FM save ever then. Because every single game has had bugs even after all the final updates, it's the nature of the beast.