[FM24] International overhaul (40 team WC, combined Americas & Asia/Oceania, regional African/Asian cups etc.)

4 hours ago, anitamui said:

thanks
will you make version for U20 Teams

No plans to do anything for youth teams, sorry.

3 hours ago, ksh956862 said:

Is Russia still under sanctions? (Not allow to join the World Cup)

Yes. Although wouldn't be too hard to change. If you move Russia to Asia they should automatically be added to the Asian WC Qualifiers and be able to play in the WC and Asian Cup. For Europe you'd have to edit every competition to include them. The WC quals and Euro quals would be simply, just remove the Ignore Russia instruction. The Nations League a little more difficult, although it'd be easier if you dropped them into Division D, just duplicate the registration for an existing Div D team and change the Nation to Russia for the duplicate. Any other division and you'd have to move other teams around too.

Updated with a new version. Moved the Asian Solidarity Cup to January to avoid clashes with regional Cups.

Added AFC Nations League. I noticed during WC years Asian/Oceanian teams had no competitive fixtures except the WC, this rectifies that. Tightened up the schedule a bit for WC quals too so it could be a biennial tournament like the other Nations Leagues.

Added CAF Nations League. Didn't want to leave Africa as the only continent without one. It effectively replaces the AFCON Qualifiers (had to for fixture congestion regions). Now 20 teams qualify for the AFCON via the Nations League, 8 from Div A, 8 from Div B and 4 from Div C. The best 12 African nations in the FIFA rankings that haven't qualified (and aren't hosting) then play 2 rounds of qualifiers for the final 3 places. I did notice 1 CAF Nations League match seems to get pushed into the 1st week of August. But it shouldn't affect too many club sides so I'm not too worried about it, it only seems to happen once every 4 years too.

20231118224040_1.thumb.jpg.ed71320e5818273bb02ac900fc5abca2.jpg

20231118224056_1.thumb.jpg.a91adb6e5ba4a5ad9c92f1d99937d250.jpg

Tested with only Australia/South Africa playable and they seem pretty competitive so far, especially Africa. I do find it funny that New Zealand managed to win it before Australia too, in Australia no less!

Similar to the CONMEBOL Nations League I had to have an existing history entry in order for host nations to record properly, so the existing entry is based on 2022 WC Qualifiers.

Edited by rusty217

Thank you for this! love the FM23 one. too bad with the 40 team groups, hate not having the final games of the group being played at the same time :lol: Though I want a 64 team WC so maybe I am just crazy haha

On 08/11/2023 at 16:04, rusty217 said:

Also Monaco are now a full international nation

How do the regens turn out? and how does the NT do? Potential league in the future?

9 hours ago, HurkaDurk69 said:

Thank you for this! love the FM23 one. too bad with the 40 team groups, hate not having the final games of the group being played at the same time :lol: Though I want a 64 team WC so maybe I am just crazy haha

How do the regens turn out? and how does the NT do? Potential league in the future?

Always good to hear people like it! A 64 team WC would be big! :D

Monaco is pretty hit and miss. Their players come almost exclusively from AS Monaco, which being set as a French club I believe means it uses the French youth rating instead of the Monegasque one. So it can generate some pretty good players. The problem is every single one of them is also eligible to play for France, so only a handful actually end up changing to Monaco. It takes a good few decades for them to even have a full squad of players to pick from. There are a couple of real players in the default database that are surprisingly set as Monegasque though, I've seen them switch over on occasion to give them a few players early on too. They pick up a win every now and then, but they're probably going to stay in Nations League Div. D for the entire game.

You could certainly make them a decent team if you can convince the AS Monaco youth players to declare for Monaco though, would still take a good few years since you'd still be developing a team from 16/17 year olds.

No plans for a league. They're really just to make up the numbers in Europe. With Russia banned, and my preference for moving Israel/Kazakhstan back to Asia, Nations League Div. D ends up with just 4 teams. They're super easy to make a proper NT though, just set them to Europe, and change a few settings on AS Monaco and it's done, so they were an easy choice. Creating a league would require making extra clubs from scratch though and if I were to put in that much effort I'd rather do it with a different country (I have been toying with the idea of adding Greenland, although IIRC they've applied to join CONCACAF IRL). Still, got a lot of other things to finish before even thinking about starting something like that.

3 hours ago, rusty217 said:

Always good to hear people like it! A 64 team WC would be big! :D

Monaco is pretty hit and miss. Their players come almost exclusively from AS Monaco, which being set as a French club I believe means it uses the French youth rating instead of the Monegasque one. So it can generate some pretty good players. The problem is every single one of them is also eligible to play for France, so only a handful actually end up changing to Monaco. It takes a good few decades for them to even have a full squad of players to pick from. There are a couple of real players in the default database that are surprisingly set as Monegasque though, I've seen them switch over on occasion to give them a few players early on too. They pick up a win every now and then, but they're probably going to stay in Nations League Div. D for the entire game.

You could certainly make them a decent team if you can convince the AS Monaco youth players to declare for Monaco though, would still take a good few years since you'd still be developing a team from 16/17 year olds.

No plans for a league. They're really just to make up the numbers in Europe. With Russia banned, and my preference for moving Israel/Kazakhstan back to Asia, Nations League Div. D ends up with just 4 teams. They're super easy to make a proper NT though, just set them to Europe, and change a few settings on AS Monaco and it's done, so they were an easy choice. Creating a league would require making extra clubs from scratch though and if I were to put in that much effort I'd rather do it with a different country (I have been toying with the idea of adding Greenland, although IIRC they've applied to join CONCACAF IRL). Still, got a lot of other things to finish before even thinking about starting something like that.

Really good work all this. Would love to see Greenland involved as well 

always enjoy your files rusty, just wish CaF got more automatic spots over asia. on the FIFA Rankings their are 207 teams, if you take each region by teams in the top 75

CAF - 14 teams

CONMEBOL/Concacaf -  6/9 15 teams

Asia/Ocea - 10/0 10 teams 

just feels Caf get a tough deal when the other regions  need to merge to get the amount of strong teams as them

also glad you reduced the amount of playoff teams Europe get

On 25/11/2023 at 03:39, J-Hood said:

always enjoy your files rusty, just wish CaF got more automatic spots over asia. on the FIFA Rankings their are 207 teams, if you take each region by teams in the top 75

CAF - 14 teams

CONMEBOL/Concacaf -  6/9 15 teams

Asia/Ocea - 10/0 10 teams 

just feels Caf get a tough deal when the other regions  need to merge to get the amount of strong teams as them

also glad you reduced the amount of playoff teams Europe get

Good to know you enjoy them, thanks!

I'm kind of biased towards Asia, since I live here :D Although I'm also taking the future into account and I see Asia as having a lot of potential for improvement. Africa deserves more places right now, I'd agree with that, but I think long term Asia will earn them. Africa does get more playoff places at least though. If I were to tweak it, it probably would be via playoff spots since they're a lot easier to move over without affecting other things. If you want, I could do another version with more playoff spots for Africa and less for some of the other continents? Let me know how many you'd want moved and from where and I can do that.

I should mention the reduction in playoff spots for Europe is just for 2030 though. I've got both Spain and Portugal qualifying automatically as hosts, so needed to remove 1 qualifier from elsewhere to account for that. Cutting Europe's playoff spots for that season was the easiest way to do it.

On 25/11/2023 at 04:14, daniel negura said:

more screenshots please

Anything in particular you'd like screenshots of?

11 hours ago, rusty217 said:

Good to know you enjoy them, thanks!

I'm kind of biased towards Asia, since I live here :D Although I'm also taking the future into account and I see Asia as having a lot of potential for improvement. Africa deserves more places right now, I'd agree with that, but I think long term Asia will earn them. Africa does get more playoff places at least though. If I were to tweak it, it probably would be via playoff spots since they're a lot easier to move over without affecting other things. If you want, I could do another version with more playoff spots for Africa and less for some of the other continents? Let me know how many you'd want moved and from where and I can do that.

I should mention the reduction in playoff spots for Europe is just for 2030 though. I've got both Spain and Portugal qualifying automatically as hosts, so needed to remove 1 qualifier from elsewhere to account for that. Cutting Europe's playoff spots for that season was the easiest way to do it.

I agree with you on Asia having potential for improvement, but i also see the same with Africa, if anything i think it's europe and the ameriacas that will start to fall away, obviously not the big teams

40 team World Cup:

Featuring:
1 host nation
6 African teams
8 Asian/Oceanian teams
10 European teams
8 American teams
7 playoff teams

World Cup Playoff: changes if possible

Featuring:
8 African teams - 10 teams
5 Asian/Oceanian teams - 6 teams
10 European teams (reduced to 6 for 2030) - 7
5 American teams - 5

On 27/11/2023 at 23:59, J-Hood said:

I agree with you on Asia having potential for improvement, but i also see the same with Africa, if anything i think it's europe and the ameriacas that will start to fall away, obviously not the big teams

40 team World Cup:

Featuring:
1 host nation
6 African teams
8 Asian/Oceanian teams
10 European teams
8 American teams
7 playoff teams

World Cup Playoff: changes if possible

Featuring:
8 African teams - 10 teams
5 Asian/Oceanian teams - 6 teams
10 European teams (reduced to 6 for 2030) - 7
5 American teams - 5

Here you go:

x International Overhaul C.fmf

New version released that fixes an issue with the OFC Nations Cup qualifiers being cancelled after 2026. They should now continue. Also changed European WC Qualifying playoff places in 2030 to only account for the top 5 teams in each group to avoid giving the 6 team groups an advantage when ranking the best 2nd placed teams. Also fixed 2nd placed teams in UEFA Nations League Div D being shown as promoted when they actually weren't.

Edited by rusty217

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, vassilispyrgos said:

Hey Rusty and sorry for bothering

Is any way that we can combine your file(s) with the return of Russia in international competitions and (or) continental competitions in Asia or Europe?

Thanks in advance

That depends how it's done. A file that moves Russia to Asia should automatically work alongside this. I always leave a bit of room for extra nations, so if their continent was Asia they should automatically be included in the Asian Cup/WC Qualifying and the Asian Nations League.

Europe is a bit more complicated. Adding the current Russia wouldn't be too difficult, you'd just need to remove the line in Qualified Teams for the WC/Euro qual and Nations League that excludes them. Then duplicate one of the 93 entries in the Registered Teams list and change it to Russia adding them to Division D. The tournaments themselves should all accomodate the extra team without issue.

If it's a file that's switched them with the USSR or something then they should automatically be included in Euro/WC quals. The issue is the Nations League. It might automatically include them (there is space in Div. D for an extra team too) but it might not. You'd need to try it to see.

If those files change any international competition rules that may cause an issue too. It might not affect it though, I prefix my files with an x partially to influence load order to prevent issues like that so it might be alright. Although IIRC such files often move Kazakhstan to Asia to account for Russia being back in UEFA comps, with my files Kazakhstan would still be in the UEFA Nations League as well as all Asian tournaments if that happened, could cause some major fixture congestion.

9 hours ago, AndreiBaNee said:

Can you post more screeenshots with European Qualifiers for EURO and World Cup?

What about Monaco? Can you post screenshots?

Sure, although they've barely changed from the default versions.

2026 WC Quals:

Spoiler

20231212170007_1.thumb.jpg.c0ffbf990fce6ccb91fd65fc838200a0.jpg

20231212170026_1.thumb.jpg.67469c8fda1c7317a5967cdadc16d16f.jpg

Euro 2028 Quals:

Spoiler

20231212170055_1.thumb.jpg.35fadb7e352146d43d3c5722309b3191.jpg

20231212170057_1.thumb.jpg.cf13d30cb32ba8384930a3ac552f795d.jpg

20231212170109_1.thumb.jpg.23a569a6d0bad0aa0b048a0e32823227.jpg

As for Monaco:

Spoiler

Their current squad in 2030:

20231212170512_1.thumb.jpg.d23bb339f9108c4d280a183d5ea5eb24.jpg

AS Monaco's reserves/youth:

20231212170407_1.thumb.jpg.746d5e80e3208d759d8a148d04488358.jpg

Their world rankings:

20231212170529_1.thumb.jpg.3255f0ba0ff8e8f2619254abb70f7488.jpg

And their best year in the Nations League:

20231212170417_1.thumb.jpg.0943129adf6cf6e259ee7b1a601d88d5.jpg

Although they were relegated from Div. C the next season with a 0-1-5 record. Lost 3-0 to North Macedonia in the relegation playoff. Then promoted again by winning every game after that. Seems they're bouncing between Divs C and D.

Edited by rusty217

5 hours ago, rusty217 said:

That depends how it's done. A file that moves Russia to Asia should automatically work alongside this. I always leave a bit of room for extra nations, so if their continent was Asia they should automatically be included in the Asian Cup/WC Qualifying and the Asian Nations League.

Europe is a bit more complicated. Adding the current Russia wouldn't be too difficult, you'd just need to remove the line in Qualified Teams for the WC/Euro qual and Nations League that excludes them. Then duplicate one of the 93 entries in the Registered Teams list and change it to Russia adding them to Division D. The tournaments themselves should all accomodate the extra team without issue.

If it's a file that's switched them with the USSR or something then they should automatically be included in Euro/WC quals. The issue is the Nations League. It might automatically include them (there is space in Div. D for an extra team too) but it might not. You'd need to try it to see.

If those files change any international competition rules that may cause an issue too. It might not affect it though, I prefix my files with an x partially to influence load order to prevent issues like that so it might be alright. Although IIRC such files often move Kazakhstan to Asia to account for Russia being back in UEFA comps, with my files Kazakhstan would still be in the UEFA Nations League as well as all Asian tournaments if that happened, could cause some major fixture congestion.

I have found these two files 

and this one too 

26 minutes ago, AndreiBaNee said:

Thank you. Do you have a version for the new update?

The current version should work with the new update. I've been using it today without needing to make a new version.

1 hour ago, vassilispyrgos said:

I have found these two files 

and this one too 

The bottom one would work. The top would be as I said, most things should work but I'm not sure about the Nations League. Try loading the files together and see how it goes.

3 minutes ago, rusty217 said:

The current version should work with the new update. I've been using it today without needing to make a new version.

The bottom one would work. The top would be as I said, most things should work but I'm not sure about the Nations League. Try loading the files together and see how it goes.

ok thanks mate

• 3 weeks later...
On 08/11/2023 at 16:04, rusty217 said:

x International Overhaul A.fmf 12 team CONCACAF Nations League version
x International Overhaul B.fmf 16 team CONCACAF Nations League version

An overhaul of most international competitions in the game. Highlights include a 40 team World Cup, combined North/South American WC qualifying, a merged Asia/Oceania and regional tournaments for Africa/Asia. Also Monaco are now a full international nation and Zanzibar are a FIFA member.

Edit: new version to fix bug where teams ineligible for Asian WC Quals round 3 (WC Host and non-FIFA members) could prevent themselves from qualifying for the Asian Cup by doing too well. Only spotted it because Tuvalu ended up dominating in 2040 and winning their group, as a non-FIFA member couldn't qualify for round 3 and as they'd won their group they didn't drop down to the Asian Cup quals either. Now if that happens the team should go to Asian Cup quals (or get an Asian Cup place directly if the host qualifies for the 3rd round).

Details:
World competitions

Reveal hidden contents

40 team World Cup:

Featuring:
1 host nation
6 African teams
8 Asian/Oceanian teams
10 European teams
8 American teams
7 playoff teams

20231108221010_1.thumb.jpg.19cef79b105f35e77e63e4f25a1938eb.jpg

20231108221014_1.thumb.jpg.aedea42f338c3220eefdb8a38a906e45.jpg

World Cup Playoff:

Featuring:
8 African teams
5 Asian/Oceanian teams
10 European teams (reduced to 6 for 2030)
5 American teams
20231108221828_1.thumb.jpg.e5d5ecfa05b7b3a9c81615a383225c44.jpg

Atlantic trophy: A tournament to fill in fixture gaps for the American and African teams that skip the first round of qualifying + the Euro host who skips all qualifying. (has positional playoffs for all positions, not just group winners)

20231108221951_1.thumb.jpg.ab44a63793ac5feb4333573807563bf5.jpg

20231108221956_1.thumb.jpg.7c0dd3c2a01a501d5f44c8778481736a.jpg

20231108222043_1.thumb.jpg.e4d8c7781d2afa8b685ef930ad754ab9.jpg

Arab Cup: Similar to the 2021 tournament, except teams use their best players.

20231108222203_1.thumb.jpg.5e5ffe8b87aace2bc95ddf5bc6ccef81.jpg

20231108222206_1.thumb.jpg.5436d89f36d862fac79f90501707f0c6.jpg

American competitions

Reveal hidden contents

Combined American WC Qualifying:

20231108224442_1.thumb.jpg.de8f175e7b6b7871f83f37924a6bc27e.jpg

20231108224448_1.thumb.jpg.10528d979f3da821427dbe26b18bac90.jpg

Copa America: Now Pan-American, like the default one except a slightly different qualifying system. Top 6 from the SA Nations League and top 4 from NA Nations League + playoff winners and host

20231108222438_1.thumb.jpg.874b6209e95f007dbb3d662cdd91d11a.jpg

20231108222442_1.thumb.jpg.541964493eafda1b8eabc6be944e69b4.jpg

Copa America Playoff:
20231108222521_1.thumb.jpg.c47f24ea6e1ec3099b61a3108661cacd.jpg

Gold Cup: Now every 4 years to coincide with Copa America. Features the best teams that weren't able to qualify for the Copa America + B teams from a select few North American Copa America teams + hosts. USA and Mexico are still strong, but using their B teams has given it slightly more diverse finalists/winners over the years20231108222739_1.thumb.jpg.7eb1f9f5ef6bc4b373ed6db8d8962c4a.jpg

CONCACAF Nations League (A): Division A uses 4 groups of 3 teams, teams play 2 games vs other group members + 1 game vs next group (1 vs 2 and 3 vs 4). Meant to reduce the likelihood of teams winning every game. Still happens, but now only to a max of 2 teams rather than 4. Now the de facto North American championship given the Gold Cup uses some B teams.

20231108223254_1.thumb.jpg.97fa5fb5c17d814636ab283316c4f387.jpg

CONCACAF Nations League (B): Division A uses 4 groups of 4 teams

20231108232823_1.thumb.jpg.5e3481ccd5d25842304f04e62d042f70.jpg

Caribbean Cup: Takes place every 4 years featuring Caribbean nations
20231108223350_1.thumb.jpg.aed3858add7f16eace639ef816cb4f24.jpg

20231108223354_1.thumb.jpg.fd889c46f52af6e9ed4433fbabc936a2.jpg

Copa Centroamerican: Takes place every 4 years featuring Central American nations
20231108223555_1.thumb.jpg.e3a5961b62e4c1ceb0db572c94208e1e.jpg

20231108223558_1.thumb.jpg.769040acbc950f21cc88f4ef2de0c610.jpg

CONMEBOL Nations League: The new de facto South American championship now that the Copa America features North American teams. Also acts as a qualifying competition for the Copa America.

20231108223751_1.thumb.jpg.cba0d7b77b90a3fd26015f91a1a5e0e8.jpg

20231108223755_1.thumb.jpg.128c8873072524ea03e0e97ec75c8abd.jpg

Asian/Oceanian competitions

Reveal hidden contents

*New Asian/Oceanian Nations League:20231118222751_1.thumb.jpg.982b025198bcc00635f866e4dff61bb8.jpg

20231118222759_1.thumb.jpg.59ff764472cf88aa1fc1821cd9a6298f.jpg

Combined Asian/Oceanian WC qualifying: Still doubles as Asian Cup qualifying giving Oceanian teams access to that too

20231108224722_1.thumb.jpg.bf78ceb4eb658c1dc37f1aa97c7d9b1e.jpg

20231108224726_1.thumb.jpg.31887eeb3329f140f6f44f2f2b86e28b.jpg

20231108224730_1.thumb.jpg.c0e29c66e99d210ed4b2ea284d5a0048.jpg

Asian Cup: Expanded to 32 teams from 2027 to accommodate the addition of Oceanian teams

20231108225033_1.thumb.jpg.a7243dd882efffcaa68dc0705a53d309.jpg

20231108225038_1.thumb.jpg.277d7e17023b0253ea3a213bb107d658.jpg

Asian Cup Qualifying: An alternative route to qualify for the Asian Cup for those that don't reach the final round of WC qualifying

20231108225220_1.thumb.jpg.599245653273c54b183fd0b06c580095.jpg

20231108225227_1.thumb.jpg.2eb2dadbc1ed4d4ad184c84ac5851067.jpg

AFF Championship: Now every 4 years and teams can use their best players

20231108225657_1.thumb.jpg.13d0e9f30dac8ac1aa5af3c3fca95abf.jpg

20231108225700_1.thumb.jpg.dedfb334aebb3d6fb641a6f4ca537e54.jpg

EAFF Championship: Now every 4 years and teams can use their best players

20231108225809_1.thumb.jpg.40cde26e5973f4c62edb760b9be6398b.jpg

20231108225812_1.thumb.jpg.4c41e55397637f516ad6c92620caa6bf.jpg

WAFF Championship: Now every 4 years and teams can use their best players

20231108225859_1.thumb.jpg.dfe291ea0e53c81e8fdbe8f0311fb634.jpg

20231108225902_1.thumb.jpg.9e18e68867a39416b8ccda74d4944b2b.jpg

SAFF Championship: Now every 4 years and teams can use their best players

20231108225936_1.thumb.jpg.708a6d3d834ed33afea69be6f80253b1.jpg

20231108225939_1.thumb.jpg.196d083fc853bc5d6bcce9e193e87113.jpg

CAFA Championship: Now every 4 years and teams can use their best players

20231108230121_1.thumb.jpg.171240615012f62163fa0146a00f8a6a.jpg

20231108230124_1.thumb.jpg.8d7b9b6bb61fc0a633c4aefd051641af.jpg

African Competitions

Reveal hidden contents

*New African Nations League: 20 teams qualify for African Nations from this. 8 from division A, 8 from division B and 4 from Division C. The best unqualified African teams (according to FIFA rankings) have a playoff for the remaining 3 places.

20231118222818_1.thumb.jpg.f04c8bef699570994fc65cb6a0017707.jpg

20231118222825_1.thumb.jpg.579d49c6011f06cf4c0f65f7ec36104c.jpg

WC qualifying:

20231108230225_1.thumb.jpg.5dd3a4682e36d2e2a36cdf5f34d8b24e.jpg

20231108230230_1.thumb.jpg.d035cd4863246b7a89805a0935f4871b.jpg

COSAFA Cup: Now every 4 years and teams can use their best players

20231108230324_1.thumb.jpg.a27779f5d3c8cca4c1548425d6eb4f4f.jpg

20231108230327_1.thumb.jpg.c5a53dd1bbe5ce288fa439fc6f833e82.jpg

CECAFA Cup: Now every 4 years and teams can use their best players

20231108230425_1.thumb.jpg.5afe2ef626a6d09b1af89515a81282e7.jpg

20231108230429_1.thumb.jpg.351755faf712c280b8030f13f55179bd.jpg

WAFU Nations Cup: Now every 4 years and teams can use their best players

20231108230516_1.thumb.jpg.d29bb4068d5947e793a9a79968bbc4a4.jpg

UNAF Championship: Now every 4 years and teams can use their best players

20231108230537_1.thumb.jpg.75ab25ed589504fe3ba0234ceaf6282c.jpg

UNIFFAC Cup: Now every 4 years and teams can use their best players

20231108230600_1.thumb.jpg.2f7165fc435a5fe1b4c6d2e8ef7b71b3.jpg

20231108230603_1.thumb.jpg.a6f9600a3b6c999082d170a43f80fb3b.jpg

The 64 team WC is dropped, CBA to do it :lol:

Since you are an expert at this by now, can you set a hosting bid to only happen with certain countries if they put the bid in together?

I see that Bulgaria and Romania is an option to host the World Cup, but I would like them to only host if they host it together. Is there an option for that(or workaround)?

Also, I will just set up the WC for the forseable future anyways so won't even matter but just wondering. And since I am gonna do that, should I avoid double hosts(or triple if it is possible) or should it be a ok for any confederation

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, HurkaDurk69 said:

The 64 team WC is dropped, CBA to do it :lol:

Since you are an expert at this by now, can you set a hosting bid to only happen with certain countries if they put the bid in together?

I see that Bulgaria and Romania is an option to host the World Cup, but I would like them to only host if they host it together. Is there an option for that(or workaround)?

Also, I will just set up the WC for the forseable future anyways so won't even matter but just wondering. And since I am gonna do that, should I avoid double hosts(or triple if it is possible) or should it be a ok for any confederation

Not that I know of. I believe it's only possible to set random future hosts as single countries. The multi-country future host possibilities in the base game are all hardcoded and can't be changed. The only way I can see to set multiple nations as joint hosts in the future is to set it for a specific year and countries.

Using my file you should avoid double/triple hosts, yeah. If you edit the rules for specific years to accomodate it then you can do it. As I did for Spain/Portugal 2030 by removing 4 playoff places from European qualifying. But it won't do that automatically so any other year it will end up with 1 too many nations qualifying so they will just be missing from the tournament.

If you were to do something similar and set up an alternative version of qualifying for those years that qualify 1 fewer nation (probably easier to do it by removing 4 playoff places and reducing the playoff qualifiers by 1 like I did) then it'd work. But you'd have to set that up every time and get it back to the regular rules after again.

Edited by rusty217

7 hours ago, rusty217 said:

Using my file you should avoid double/triple hosts, yeah. If you edit the rules for specific years to accomodate it then you can do it. As I did for Spain/Portugal 2030 by removing 4 playoff places from European qualifying. But it won't do that automatically so any other year it will end up with 1 too many nations qualifying so they will just be missing from the tournament.

So this is what I am thinking:

2026 Sweden

2030 Uruguay

2034 Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya

2038 Japan

2042 Mexico

What competitions would I need to edit for each year? And when you say "so any other year it will end up with 1 too many nations qualifying so they will just be missing from the tournament." do you mean just from the same confederation that the host is from or would it be from a random confederation?

8 hours ago, HurkaDurk69 said:

So this is what I am thinking:

2026 Sweden

2030 Uruguay

2034 Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya

2038 Japan

2042 Mexico

What competitions would I need to edit for each year? And when you say "so any other year it will end up with 1 too many nations qualifying so they will just be missing from the tournament." do you mean just from the same confederation that the host is from or would it be from a random confederation?

For 2030 you could just delete the alternate format for European quals/the qual playoff and stop the regular one from ending instead.

For 2034 you'd need to edit the WC quals and/or the qual playoff. Up to you which ones you edit, but if you're having 4 hosts qualify automatically you'd need to change something to make 3 fewer teams qualify. Could just be 3 less places from Africa, in which case you'd need to adjust African quals accordingly (just for that 1 cycle too, so you'd need a duplicate of the original formats set to start once that one finishes) or adjust others. Probably need to edit the WC Group Stage itself too. It's set up to get exactly 1 host nation and place them in Group A. The 2030 one is set to get a second host nation and place them in Group H (IIRC that's only set up for 2030). So depending on which groups you want them in and how they'd be seeded you'd need to change things around there. It's also set to keep the top seeds, the top 7 ranked nations (6 in 2030) out of Group A (and H for 2030). It's possible it'd pick the additional host nations up through the regular seeding selection without changes, but no guarantees there.

As for the nation that would miss out, I don't know. Probably the lowest ranked nation that qualifies due to the way seedings are set up to get the highest ranked teams first. Possibly one of the host nations too (IIRC I used seeding 5 for the 2nd host in 2030 so under those settings they'd probably be excluded from the tournament without a reduction in qualified teams).

• 1 month later...

Hello Rusty

i have seen that in Asian Cup at the team pool you have put Russia in specific teams with the command ignore teams

If i delete this line Russia can compete in Asia Cup? I have changed continent in your file to Asia in your file but region remained North Eastern Europe... Will this make them eligible to compete in Asian Cup, World Cup qualifiers and Nations League or do i need to change something else?

25 minutes ago, vassilispyrgos said:

Hello Rusty

i have seen that in Asian Cup at the team pool you have put Russia in specific teams with the command ignore teams

If i delete this line Russia can compete in Asia Cup? I have changed continent in your file to Asia in your file but region remained North Eastern Europe... Will this make them eligible to compete in Asian Cup, World Cup qualifiers and Nations League or do i need to change something else?

Yeah, if you've already changed the continent just removing that line should work. Check there's not an entry in the WC Quals to ignore them too though.

39 minutes ago, rusty217 said:

Yeah, if you've already changed the continent just removing that line should work. Check there's not an entry in the WC Quals to ignore them too though.

In Asia World Cup qualifiers or Europe?

1 hour ago, vassilispyrgos said:

I have tesetd your file with Russia in Asia and it is working . The only that i want to say is that they dont have World Rankings , play at Neutral Stadiums and they cant be controlled by me . Is the last one logical?

Yea that’s normal in the game , there hardcore in the game like that , I recommend switching everything Russia has to U.S.S.R 

• 2 months later...
hace 1 hora, c.pineda317 dijo:

Hey, How can i download?

The download links for both versions are in the opening post. Just click on them.

Edited by gaucharro

On 23/04/2024 at 09:29, vassilispyrgos said:

Hey Rusty

Will you update your files with the latest patch?

At some point soon, definitely. I have a working version for the latest patch already, but it's built for compatibility with my Russia fix file. Shouldn't be too much work to make it work with the regular database again, but it will require a bit of poking around.