*Official* Football Manager 2024 Console & Touch Feedback Thread

Hi @Dan Sheppard, what would be the real consequences in enhancing the database on the next patch so it could load proper squads for other continents?

Let's say I'll play on Africa/South America/North America, as there is a lack of leagues in those continents continental competitions become too easy real soon.

For example, Copa Libertadores is far too easy as the squads in Paraguay, Ecuador, Venezuela are not filled up with players and they never catch up. On full fat they present challenge. I understand the leagues are added per interest base, but having a stripped database is a bit off. Players and Clubs could be the same and be loaded accordingly to the leagues chosen in the setup. Maybe have a limit to what is loaded in absolute numbers but to have the choice of loading what we have on the full version would be awesome.

I Worte about this on the feature requests but passing this to you as I'm unsure if this is possible.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, BionicScroll564 said:

I can’t enable unlockables on an online save on the console edition. Is this a bug or something which doesn’t work for some reason?

Think I may have responded to your post about this elsewhere but it's not possible to do so.

12 hours ago, João14 said:

Hi @Dan Sheppard, what would be the real consequences in enhancing the database on the next patch so it could load proper squads for other continents?

Let's say I'll play on Africa/South America/North America, as there is a lack of leagues in those continents continental competitions become too easy real soon.

For example, Copa Libertadores is far too easy as the squads in Paraguay, Ecuador, Venezuela are not filled up with players and they never catch up. On full fat they present challenge. I understand the leagues are added per interest base, but having a stripped database is a bit off. Players and Clubs could be the same and be loaded accordingly to the leagues chosen in the setup. Maybe have a limit to what is loaded in absolute numbers but to have the choice of loading what we have on the full version would be awesome.

I Worte about this on the feature requests but passing this to you as I'm unsure if this is possible.

I've flagged this with the relevant team and will get back to you. It may be a week or so as some of the team are still on vacation.

On 31/12/2023 at 16:26, Conor McNuggets said:

Hi do you have any plans to address issues with too many goals being scored overall in the game compare to any other FM version?

Agreed, I have played a season in Vanarama South and it’s basically a best of 9 shootout in each match!!

I am playing very vanilla tactics.

The attacking movement is just way too good compared to the defenders abilities. Lots and lots of 6yard tap-ins and players free in the box.

i’d say goals in each game is about 2x the xG.

Playing a better team in a friendly is like my team is a bunch of kids playing grownups!

IMG_1582.png

IMG_1584.png

On 02/01/2024 at 21:38, João14 said:

All I can share at this stage is that the team are looking at the setup flow ahead of '25 to see what improvements can be made across all competitions.

19 hours ago, forexanalyst1 said:

Agreed, I have played a season in Vanarama South and it’s basically a best of 9 shootout in each match!!

I am playing very vanilla tactics.

The attacking movement is just way too good compared to the defenders abilities. Lots and lots of 6yard tap-ins and players free in the box.

i’d say goals in each game is about 2x the xG.

Playing a better team in a friendly is like my team is a bunch of kids playing grownups!

IMG_1582.png

IMG_1584.png

Im doing my 3rd save now to test it.I played on pc and now on switch.I just cant belive that devs are happy with the amount of goals being scored at the moment.I dont want to be rude i just love the game and want it to be good.I have played every single fm and championship manager so lets say i known a bit:).I think main problem with the game is xG with leads to so many goals for expample at the moment the best attacking team in english championship Southampton that plays very attacking football have an avarage of 1.86xG per match witch is the highest in the league but that can apply to any league rly after doing some reserch.In Fm 24 nomather what tactics you played it can be gegenpress mid block or low block counter the xG is off the roof like even with one of worst teams in the league you can do 3 4 xG everymatch nomather what tactic you using.I never seen something like this in football manager or championship manager games in my life.The devs shoud rly have a better look at this the amount of goals is just crazy and the game is  unplayable if you are a true series fan.

10 hours ago, Dan Sheppard said:

All I can share at this stage is that the team are looking at the setup flow ahead of '25 to see what improvements can be made across all competitions.

Fair enough! I'll be looking forward to that :D 

Eager to play on the SA leagues once this gets looked :) 

Way too many goals conceded via crosses and set pieces especially corners on the game. Way too many injuries as usual, way too many penalties both me and the AI, pressing is basically non existent tried a few different methods and can’t seem to implement it like I could on previous versions. Selling players a little more realistic and easier than previous versions but still a little frustrating. Its still in general a fun game but does feel a little random compared to the main game. Shamw as I don’t have the time to play the full game anymore. Think 21 was the best version of Fm touch. 

4 saat önce, Maurizio Simeone said:

The update cycle for the FM Touch version is getting ridiculous. 

How much more we have to wait?

👏🏻 I agree.

I'm going to start a new game but I can't. Because there has been no update for weeks. This year's game is very problematic. I hope the foreigner rule and other errors will be corrected.

13 hours ago, bigsubzero said:

👏🏻 I agree.

I'm going to start a new game but I can't. Because there has been no update for weeks. This year's game is very problematic. I hope the foreigner rule and other errors will be corrected.

Just remember people have came back from Christmas and New Year break. And not everything can be fixed in super fast times. I ask for patience instead of constantly posting same thing. All posts are seen and all post are reviewed by the developers, posting the same thing more than once, Just slows down the process. 

7 dakika önce, zakbrown96 said:

Just remember people have came back from Christmas and New Year break. And not everything can be fixed in super fast times. I ask for patience instead of constantly posting same thing. All posts are seen and all post are reviewed by the developers, posting the same thing more than once, Just slows down the process. 

We would be happy to know when it will be released. Like one week, one month, two weeks.

Thanks for the answer. I am sorry if I disturbed.

1 hour ago, zakbrown96 said:

I see it Zak, also I understand it. But many of us working throughout the Holidays as well.

Also, The PC version of the patch came out a month ago and we are paying customers for this game as well. I don’t understand why the update cycles aren’t more tighter. And I also know that Apple's review process is longer but FM is on Arcade now, you should have some advantage or if it isn’t any benefit of all being on Arcade, make a standalone app like before and put a price on it. We will buy it, I assure you. But you have to understand we want all the care and all the support to enjoy the best experience of this amazing game.

I’m playing on iOS more than 10 years now and the updates used to arrive faster. I know the game is more complex now, but the PC version is even more and they got all the bells and whistles, and all we got is constantly waiting to be up-to-date.

When I look at my top youth prospects at the club, they often say under “negatives:”

- unhappy with training overall

- unhappy with the drastic recent changes in training intensity

Sometimes they also say that the poor level of training is to blame for the team’s poor form. 

How do I fix this? The game doesn’t seem to let me adjust individual youth players’ training or training intensity, or set the training intensity for the reserve team overall, even when I set the training responsibility as “head coach” for the reserve squad. In fact I can’t even figure out how to *see* the training positions, intensity, preferred moves etc. for my reserve players.

What’s going on here? Why would the game give me the option to claim responsibility for reserve training but then no way to control it? And then have my players complain about it? Am I missing something? How can I develop my youth the way I want them if the game is giving them crappy training and I can change it? I hope I am missing something, because what is the point of managing a franchise over the years if you have no control over how your youngsters develop?

Im playing FM24 Touch on iOS via Apple Arcade. I bought Apple Arcade specifically to play this game. But didn’t know the game would be so basic as to not allow youth development. 

Thanks for any response. 

Edited by suboptimal8

2 hours ago, Maurizio Simeone said:

I see it Zak, also I understand it. But many of us working throughout the Holidays as well.

Also, The PC version of the patch came out a month ago and we are paying customers for this game as well. I don’t understand why the update cycles aren’t more tighter.

Thought it may be worth sharing here what I'd shared in a different post. Hopefully, this gives a little insight and understanding that these timeframes aren't solely SI.

"Both the Touch and the Console products have different submission processes to the PC game and must be submitted to various platform holders and as such need to conform to multiple unique timeframes. We work closely with said platform holders and all parties try our very best to get the updates out as fast as we can whilst maintaining the quality of the product and the platform integrity."

1 hour ago, suboptimal8 said:

When I look at my top youth prospects at the club, they often say under “negatives:”

- unhappy with training overall

- unhappy with the drastic recent changes in training intensity

Sometimes they also say that the poor level of training is to blame for the team’s poor form. 

How do I fix this? The game doesn’t seem to let me adjust individual youth players’ training or training intensity, or set the training intensity for the reserve team overall, even when I set the training responsibility as “head coach” for the reserve squad. In fact I can’t even figure out how to *see* the training positions, intensity, preferred moves etc. for my reserve players.

What’s going on here? Why would the game give me the option to claim responsibility for reserve training but then no way to control it? And then have my players complain about it? Am I missing something? How can I develop my youth the way I want them if the game is giving them crappy training and I can change it? I hope I am missing something, because what is the point of managing a franchise over the years if you have no control over how your youngsters develop?

Im playing FM24 Touch on iOS via Apple Arcade. I bought Apple Arcade specifically to play this game. But didn’t know the game would be so basic as to not allow youth development. 

Thanks for any response. 

@Dan Sheppardcan't the dev team review to revert the reserve training to how it was before? completely optional?

16 hours ago, João14 said:

@Dan Sheppardcan't the dev team review to revert the reserve training to how it was before? completely optional?

Appreciate the Q but it won't be as simple as reverting to how it was previously. Advancements in other areas mean that reverting this change would require work elsewhere to make it possible, with lots of knock-ons as such.

3 hours ago, Dan Sheppard said:

Appreciate the Q but it won't be as simple as reverting to how it was previously. Advancements in other areas mean that reverting this change would require work elsewhere to make it possible, with lots of knock-ons as such.

Yeah i would imagine so, worth the question though! :D 

Thanks for your patience

@Dan Sheppard As to my question — Do I take it this is somehow intentional? Or it’s a bug that can’t be easily fixed so they’re just going to leave it? Any guidance for the fact that my youth prospects are unhappy because of training schedules I can’t even see or control? Thanks for your responsiveness. 

Its so bad I am actually laughing. Players don’t follow my instructions, AI goalkeepers like Prime Buffon. SI have massively dropped the ball with this I have actually uninstalled and gone back to 23. Really feel I have been ripped off here. Its a total mess. I have been a loyal fan and customer but really praying we get a new Manager game to come along so you lot up your game. Hate to sound rude but the match engine on this feels like it was made by a guy or girl has never even watched a game of football . Heard the main game is a lot better this is a mess

Edited by The Gaffer101

2 hours ago, suboptimal8 said:

@Dan Sheppard As to my question — Do I take it this is somehow intentional? Or it’s a bug that can’t be easily fixed so they’re just going to leave it? Any guidance for the fact that my youth prospects are unhappy because of training schedules I can’t even see or control? Thanks for your responsiveness. 

I've flagged this with one of the team that know this area better. I'll update once I have something to share.

1 hour ago, The Gaffer101 said:

Its so bad I am actually laughing. Players don’t follow my instructions, AI goalkeepers like Prime Buffon. SI have massively dropped the ball with this I have actually uninstalled and gone back to 23. Really feel I have been ripped off here. Its a total mess. I have been a loyal fan and customer but really praying we get a new Manager game to come along so you lot up your game. Hate to sound rude but the match engine on this feels like it was made by a guy or girl has never even watched a game of football . Heard the main game is a lot better this is a mess

Appreciate the feedback! In terms of the Match Engine, it's the same across both PC and Touch so this shouldn't differ.

If you have any other specifics, feel free to flag them in the bug tracker and one of the QA team can look into it.

@Dan Sheppard

I've been eagerly waiting for an update for weeks. I updated the game today. I am astonished. The FOREİGN RULE bug is still not fixed. I haven't started a new game in a few weeks. In the end, I lost my temper again. Why is the foreigner rule in the game being removed??? Why is feedback not given importance???

While the game should be moving forward, it's going backwards. I've been an Apple Arcade subscriber for 2 years just for this game. This year's game is very very bad and terrible. I'm really angry…

I don't understand what you are trying to do. Our request was not very difficult. Thank you, you have made a great update!

Edited by bigsubzero

3 saat önce, Dan Sheppard said:

The minor update has now landed on Console and Apple Arcade.

I have previously reported an error regarding the foreigner rule that currently exists in the Turkish League. I see that it has not been fixed after the update released today. I want to get information about the subject.

On 03/01/2024 at 10:18, Dan Sheppard said:

I've flagged this with the relevant team and will get back to you. It may be a week or so as some of the team are still on vacation.

On 10/01/2024 at 18:07, Dan Sheppard said:

Appreciate the feedback! In terms of the Match Engine, it's the same across both PC and Touch so this shouldn't differ.

If you have any other specifics, feel free to flag them in the bug tracker and one of the QA team can look into it.

Players with high passing stats just stupidly giving the ball away playing hospital balls across the pitch despite having instructions to pass short and waste time. Defenders with good jumping reach and heading not winning  headers. Its a total mess. I instruct my keeper to play from the back and he just boots it upfield. If The AI wants to win it wins it shouldn’t be that way. Its a game if your tactic is working you shouldn’t get beat by stupid errors once or twice fine but every other game. Its not good this year. I don’t mind losing but when my team do the opposite of what’s instructed its very frustrating its a video game at the end of the day your meant to have some control. 

Edited by The Gaffer101

19 hours ago, fmdirektor said:

I have previously reported an error regarding the foreigner rule that currently exists in the Turkish League. I see that it has not been fixed after the update released today. I want to get information about the subject.

I can see you also posted this in the bug thread and I had responded there - this is still being reviewed. If a decision is made to revert this it will form part of a future update.

20 hours ago, bigsubzero said:

@Dan Sheppard

Why is the foreigner rule in the game being removed??? Why is feedback not given importance???

In terms of why this was removed, there were some underlying issues on Touch meaning this wasn't correctly in place. This also meant that it was impacting squad building on the AI side so was removed to ensure balance between AI and the player.

7 saat önce, Dan Sheppard said:

I can see you also posted this in the bug thread and I had responded there - this is still being reviewed. If a decision is made to revert this it will form part of a future update.

In terms of why this was removed, there were some underlying issues on Touch meaning this wasn't correctly in place. This also meant that it was impacting squad building on the AI side so was removed to ensure balance between AI and the player.

The same rule existed last year and at the beginning of this year. There were no problems. But now the game has lost realism. The most important feature of FM is realism. Please contact the developers. Speak up to bring this back. I can't play the game that I recommend everyone to play right no. Please come back foreign rule. Please Dan…

Thanks.

Another moan.! Sorry. I do appreciate the hardwork you do in making the game. But I am currently trying to sign a back up keeper as one  is out of contract and sold my others. But they all asking for 130k a week.! Surely thats not realistic? Is that classed as a bug? 

35 minutes ago, The Gaffer101 said:

Another moan.! Sorry. I do appreciate the hardwork you do in making the game. But I am currently trying to sign a back up keeper as one  is out of contract and sold my others. But they all asking for 130k a week.! Surely thats not realistic? Is that classed as a bug? 

Open a thread in bugs forum, ideally with a save please. 

On 12.01.2024 at 20:11, Dan Sheppard said:

This rule needs to be brought back if you want to preserve the authenticity of the game. While this rule exists in the PC version, it is a big problem that this rule does not exist in the Touch version or even the mobile version.

On 13/01/2024 at 09:18, The Gaffer101 said:

I haven't checked if you have already so apologies if you have, but follow what Zak said to create a bug report and I'll get this flagged :) 

Player awards are a fix also.Garanacho had 16 goals and 10 assists and higher average rating. Yet Saka won YPOTY despite scoring 6 and assisting 8 .  This has been a common problem for years now. 

Edited by The Gaffer101

On 14.01.2024 at 18:12, fmdirektor said:

This rule needs to be brought back if you want to preserve the authenticity of the game. While this rule exists in the PC version, it is a big problem that this rule does not exist in the Touch version or even the mobile version.

Absolutely I agree. We won't enjoy the game unless this rule comes back. Please respond to our requests. I have at least 50 friends who think like me. Please we trust you @Dan Sheppard. Bring back the foreign rule.

Usual 2nd season tactic gets found out. I played a season scored 107 goals won the league and League cup. I get the top AI managers on the game like Pep and De Zerbi  can maybe find a way to beat you in the second season. But average managers like Daniel Farke become as tactically astute as Klopp according to SI. Your tactic which worked so well becomes useless. Too many individual mistakes cost you in games. I think the game also overrates players massively 

Edited by The Gaffer101

56 minutes ago, The Gaffer101 said:

Usual 2nd season tactic gets found out. I played a season scored 107 goals won the league and League cup. I get the top AI managers on the game like Pep and De Zerbi  can maybe find a way to beat you in the second season. But average managers like Daniel Farke become as tactically astute as Klopp according to SI. Your tactic which worked so well becomes useless. Too many individual mistakes. Its a random mess of a game 

In real life this happens, You need to change it at times as the AI like opposition managers can learn how to break you down.  

Regarding the Klopp thing do you have the save? As might be worth a look via the bugs forum. 

21 hours ago, bigsubzero said:

Absolutely I agree. We won't enjoy the game unless this rule comes back. Please respond to our requests. I have at least 50 friends who think like me. Please we trust you @Dan Sheppard. Bring back the foreign rule.

Please stop Spamming the same request, once we have something to say on the issue. Dan and Co will be more than happy to say, But spamming the same thing only irritates people. Please be patient 

19 hours ago, zakbrown96 said:

In real life this happens, You need to change it at times as the AI like opposition managers can learn how to break you down.  

Regarding the Klopp thing do you have the save? As might be worth a look via the bugs forum. 

It personally feels a little more like your players just stop playing and they suddenly cant finish, cant pass , cant defend more than the AI getting the better of you. Player stats feel irrelevant this year compared to previous versions. I cant get going 2nd season. I usually get a little drop off when I find a tactic that works but never this badly. Again I get you work hard but this has been a little underwhelming. shame i dont have the time to play the main game. This used to be a fun alternative for people with busy schedule’s. Sorry to keep moaning just a little frustrated with 24 

On 20/01/2024 at 13:50, alessto91 said:

We've a date for the minor update in switch? It has been released for apple 11 days ago. 

This will now be merged into the next update that comes to Touch and other platforms.

Why does the AI never get tired but your players are always dead with 25 minutes to go. Player  Stats mean are utterly pointless Way too many long shots going in with players below 10 long shots. 

Edited by The Gaffer101

The amount of goals  from corners where the player there ping it to the edge of the box and he scored is slightly over done. The Paul Scholes v bradford goal is very much a rarity in football happens a lot on this game

Edited by The Gaffer101

The iPhone UI on Touch 24 is virtually unplayable. I excitedly started playing the game on release, to find the layout was appalling. I thought “well okay, I’ll revisit it in a couple of months and it’ll be fixed”. Nope it’s not fixed. It’s unplayable. Also, the match engine is covered in the 6 translucent icons so seeing the game is hard. Can you at least implement an option to go back to the FM 23 Touch layout? I want to play FM Touch not FM Touch Touch Touch. Thanks

3 hours ago, Sam369 said:

The iPhone UI on Touch 24 is virtually unplayable. I excitedly started playing the game on release, to find the layout was appalling. I thought “well okay, I’ll revisit it in a couple of months and it’ll be fixed”. Nope it’s not fixed. It’s unplayable. Also, the match engine is covered in the 6 translucent icons so seeing the game is hard. Can you at least implement an option to go back to the FM 23 Touch layout? I want to play FM Touch not FM Touch Touch Touch. Thanks

All feedback is noted, and you can be sure it will also be talked about. 

9 hours ago, Sam369 said:

I think I may have shared something on this elsewhere. As @zakbrown96 said, all feedback has been noted around the new UI. It is important to remember these changes were implemented based on feedback that was previously given about the UI. This is why we encourage people to let us know their thoughts and opinions on this as you have.

Similar to a training/set pieces query that was raised, the same answer applies. 'It won't be as simple as reverting the UI/offering a toggleable UI. Advancements in other areas mean that reverting this change would require work elsewhere to make it possible, with lots of knock-ons as such.' Also to add this will mean making any future fixes/investigating any new issues much more difficult and time-consuming with 2 different UIs.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if been covered here, but any word on the farcical number of goals per game in FM24 on Switch? No matter how much I train my defence, or tweak my system - I score a hat full but always concede 2-3. It's not realistic and so different to all over versions I played (as a FM vet). Has to be patched surely. Image attached!

Are any other FM patches coming to switch?

PXL_20240219_204542543.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve reached the 30 season limit. Overall, I enjoyed the game despite the bugs (reported elsewhere) and would say it was a bit too easy making Bradford City to be a solid Premier League team, winning the Europa League, Europa Conference League, FA Cup, Carabao Cup and Bristol Street Motors trophy. 

f0e3b37a-5587-4a02-b823-34679f9da4a7.png

1. I’m playing a network save on PS5 with my friend, if I’m watching his match and then click on a player to take me out of the match to check them out. It freezes when pressing R2 to get back into the back. A bit annoying as I’m host so we have to abandon the save and go back to last save point. 

2. Is there anyway what so ever to talk to agents or discuss removing release clauses. My players are ultra happy, I’m 2nd in the championship on the brink of reaching the prem. but my star 4/5 players all lock in a release clause of £5.25m? It’s strange how they all arbitrarily use this number and refuse to budge. I can offer them up to 70-80k wages because I’ve developed to sell loads of players so it seems a little weird that they just lock it in without the ability to discuss it. 

3. when substituting a player on if you put them in the wrong position (striker in centre back) it’ll show their star rating for their proper position. It’s mostly annoying at the beginning of a save or when signing new players who you’re not 100% on their positions. Not great putting a player on left wing at 4* then when you go back into tactics 10 mins later in the game it says 0.5*

overall love the game, never had a PC so PS5 is the closest I’ll get and think it definitely settles the itch!