[FM 24] On the Road with Hootie: A possible World Tour. Part 8: Uniting the USA

Hootieleece

21 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

We continued our decent play over the month of April and achieved safety from relegation on Match Day 30.

Congratulations!

22 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

@Stuniverse does this look familiar?

Oh, yes it does :lol:

Although it doesn’t look like you got the success with it I’ve been getting with Viking.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hertha BSC

qNq1Gj.png

May 2037: Regular Season and Post Season Board Meeting

Manager's Thoughts

We didn't play particularly badly, but we lost two of the three matches of the month. One we were out played, one we were behind the eight ball because of the referee for the third time this season. The last match was a party in front of our fans against a team that was preparing for life in the Bundesliga 2. The Board didn't exactly shower us with funds to rebuild the team in our image so there will be only a few departures and arrivals over the summer. My tactical plan is to recreate a through the middle attack and a Left Flank attack versions of our effective tactic so I can switch from match to match based on what the opposition defend well. Also, I looked upon where I am in the coaching world after having left a secure teaching job for the nomadic life of a football manager.

Schedule

image.png.a617f65968f9f7ac28f219ddd949333f.png

Highlights

Transfer Spending was the media subject of the day on the first day of the month.

rga3FA.jpg

According to the media Hertha was the most in the black in Transfer Spending......so where was all the money going in the financials?

For the first match of May we would host Eintracht Frankfurt.

1GrByn.jpg

It was 11th versus 12th and a chance for us to move out of our position in the table.

OOELET.jpg

We were on the backfoot from the beginning mostly because Sascha Stegeman has been the most anti-Hertha Referee in the league who gifted Frankfurt Two penalties and regularly gave out cards for staring at Frankfurt players, even so we only lost 2-1. Mostly due to our Goalie Goller.

wEOC7u.jpg

and I praised the GK even in spite of the loss.

ZL7Q08.jpg

The Jury was still out because we weren't in the European places.......we were lucky to be safe all told.

AYp19N.jpg

John Santos came to me for a new contract I said no but he came back with half the team, and I said OK......He didn't want a king's ransom, so I went ahead and gave him a new contract.

cBbzhj.jpg

We are spending roughly 2/3 of our Turnover on Salaries. I will be diligent in watching the payroll going forward.

wlkkla.jpg

The next match would see us travel to Gladbach and take on the favored hosts.

mYqb3F.jpg

We were just out played by Gladbach and I wasn't happy with the teams application levels.

VpMUBz.jpg

We had some success attacking the Gladbach Right Flank but were denied by their gk.

73ViS5.jpg

The last match of the year would see us take on relegation playoff contenders Augsburg and give us a chance to send off Netz and Ramaj with a party!

h2tNFm.jpg

Alex Schafer was the world's luckiest Striker was going to get a chance to start.......

R5Zep1.jpg

We held a party and I used the Backups for the most part and sent off Ramaj and Netz to ovations from the fans in their final game.

M9aOuP.jpg

We finished in 12th place where we were picked preseason, and fans were happy with the excitement of the final match!

3E42nN.jpg

It was a 4-1 Demolition of a reeling Augsburg team who would go on to lose the Relegation playoffs 0-7!

St96rN.jpg

The Augsburg coach tried to blame VAR for the loss it was that embarrassing!

X7m6IX.jpg

The Emergency Keeper got about 15 minutes when I sent Ramaj off for an ovation.

W7NGqB.jpg

Louis Schulte who had also come to me for more playing time was allowed to play and shined I would go over his case in the next few days.

7yHbHP.jpg

We again attacked down the left and found success.

Hxe7nb.jpg

We got $48M in prize money! just enough to balance the books.

3xJ5jE.jpg

bVkxuB.jpg

Dortmund was named Champions!

34UEtS.jpg

The Final Table

Post Season Board meeting

Gxa7Tx.jpg

The Board announced the funding for next season. I will have to be careful and probably only make free transfers for next season.

6PJtZy.jpg

The Finances just barely balanced with the addition of the Bundesliga Prize Money.

zGE6fm.jpg

We lost a few Social Media followers, but the fanbase is strong and resilient.

Season Analytics Report

ntzi28.jpg

For the season scoring more than we gave up was a good start, but it was due to incredible GK. Look at the XG against.

We also need to take more shots.

Z3Z9gX.jpg

We also need to complete more crosses.

EgXwgZ.jpg

We need to reduce the opposition passes per defensive action.

w9b7Sn.jpg

Team Dynamics shows I have stabilized the team and have them behind me for the foreseeable future.

GgtQYR.jpg

My only complaint with the board vision is playing direct soccer. Somehow with more direct passing and crosses we aren't direct enough for the board!

Highlights pt. 2

yJNYTL.jpg

AZppjO.jpg

pnsZjm.jpg

ha8XDQ.jpg

Not bad for an ex-history teacher with no badges to start!

ZUBLEH.jpg

RB Leipzig won the DFB-Pokal!

wjHGMp.jpg

Louis Schulte wanted more playing time but when time came to ask for a new contract, he was happy with a backup role, so I let him have it.

vWYc5P.jpg

Pep didn't have the best of seasons in his second stint in Munich but he's staying so far......

CO99y0.jpg

We parted with a small amount of our transfer cash for this player to replace Netz.

EWWtnL.jpg

Tk0Zhs.jpg

Paid an affiliate.

sHx9tf.jpg

and we will need a new Chief Scout.

oqyYxM.jpg

We put our Right back up for sale, when I finally realized he was 5'3" and that is why he was getting pushed around on the pitch.

Also, the sale would help us gather funds for the transfer budget for more suitable player to replace Netz and this player.

Management Report

YCXQfq.jpg

pAm99G.jpg

lSn8Hc.jpg

Monthly Financial Report

oTztNR.jpg

to be continued:

Edited by Hootieleece
added images , and wrote words

Hertha BSC

AbKSJy.png

2036-2037 Season Review

7ewwC2.jpg

tSmcxK.jpg

P0hy9r.jpg

Manfred Frosch is the replacement for Netz at Left Back and was the one player my predecessor brought in that was worth anything but then again like me he had a small budget and mine will be smaller.

42GFVU.jpg

Fu9vpx.jpg

Last season's DFB Pokal Run was over before I got here, we will do better this season!

5XTO8i.jpg

All of the moments to remember were during my stewardship of the team!

xL0lBb.jpg

We have to do better: more games on TV and better finish in Bundesliga.

3qj46h.jpg

It wasn't a bad bunch. The goalie got hot after I arrived and carried the team.

ZoK3mc.jpg

Fan's Player of the Season

g7Y2iL.jpg

The Central Midfielder turned back the clock and put in many great performances that made him a household name.

Young Player of the Year

Ii4gq6.jpg

XFWyui.jpg

AFTER I GOT TO THE TEAM!

jlTuCy.jpg

Just living the dream.......of FM Players the world over!

to be continued:

Hertha BSC

AbKSJy.png

June 2037: Offseason

Highlights

I started the offseason off with a revamp of my tactics for the team. We had been using a 4-4-2 Diamond Wide Formation and Attacking Down the Left Successfully during the Season. So I expanded on it.

jFN1wc.jpg

This is the "original" Tactic and will stay the main one trained. It Attacks using our Left Wing Back

MxEfbD.jpg

This is the same formation except this is designed to attack through the middle of the pitch.

ImwLH5.jpg

This is the Mirror Image of the First Tactic and attacks the Left Flank of the opposition using the Right Wing Back.

RVxe0C.jpg

another of the backup players decided that he was getting enough playing time.

SlgK20.jpg

This player is to become the successor to Fabbian in the Central Midfield.

Eq3bSX.jpg

TRKf3h.jpg

These two players will flesh out Hertha II's lineup.

Cn8SrT.jpg

Somehow, we made a profit last season, and the government wants their share......

fgu9nW.jpg

The Commercial Summary was decent we made some small profits over the previous year, and we are keeping all of the major shirt sellers!

9hYkVx.jpg

I upped the budget from just a little more than the cost of the World package just in case I want to take a real look at someone for the team.

yQZlb3.jpg

The PSG coach left for Manchester City after leaving Manchester United for PSG.

OOwuhn.jpg

I give you the new Man City Manager......what a resume not a bad job in the bunch.

9T1Bec.jpg

Another player for Hertha II for now.....

19gG4I.jpg

The Bundesliga starts soon and we have three new teams to contend with even though two are known Yo-Yo clubs.

lRfjjK.jpg

The Hertha Chief Scout retired giving us just two weeks to find his replacement......

nMntLR.jpg

It was a boring season we achieved exactly what we should have, and the biggest talking point is Dortmund being crowned Champions and Bayern Munich coming in Third!

XtroBx.jpg

No one on the Season signing list belongs to Hertha even though we are looking at adding Prince to our team after Augsburg's relegation.

779sNZ.jpg

I am not thrilled with our starting schedule and the fact that we begin and end on the road.

aH7NrQ.jpg

We added one of my protege's from ASSE to the staff.......

oPbqIf.jpg

Sandro Wagner continues to climb the coaching ladder, leaving St. Pauli for RB Leipzig.

N9TYUG.jpg

s7xcOR.jpg

I terminated this guy because of his personality.....as HOYD.

RHvxVs.jpg

Our Backup GK retired after a journeyman career.

DjvYQc.jpg

I scheduled plenty of matches to build match fitness and fill the bank account.

Management Report

NhbYjC.jpg

I9Ctck.jpg

sKouXh.jpg

Monthly Financial Report

ErN8QJ.jpg

to be continued:

3 hours ago, Carambau said:

Money seems too tight to mention, but with players like that you should be fine this season :) 

I'm going to sell a few off and try to get by with what I have for the most part. That is why I am going all in on the 4-4-2 Diamond Wide System. It works for this team and the players.

Hertha BSC

AbKSJy.png

July and Early August 2037: Preseason

Manager's Thoughts

The team came back from vacation and got to work perfecting the new formation. We played two matches a week during the preseason with the Backups playing most of the minutes (60-75) during the week and The starters doing the same on Saturdays. The Weekday competition was slightly less than the weekend competition as we played English Power houses Liverpool and Manchester United and got credible results against both.  Off the pitch we continued to transform the backroom staff and sold a player to help with finances. We didn't find a player we were comfortable to bring in at a decent price point that was really better than the players we already had so we mostly stood pat and would allow the young players we have blossom and hopefully have a good season. We look good to repeat our safety in the Bundesliga. Any more than that will be a plus.....We have a tough beginning to our season.

Schedule

image.png.00adc0cb20c710862f452e128ed0b01b.png

Highlights

With the start of July the Transfer Window opened again.

2ZoNFx.jpg

The following players were brought in by the team......

vbQGQL.jpg

Mostly players for Hertha II for the most part. Gezer will remain playing at Kaiserslautern this season.

VxPkth.jpg

We hired a new Chief Scout.

u4gCZI.jpg

We hired him from relegated Augsburg.....he is as good as they come.

EQN1Jj.jpg

We sold our 5'3" RWB for below market value but I was happy to see the end of his whiny ***!

The $15M will do wonders for the bank balance and might let me spend on a decent player.......

khm5FS.jpg

St. Pauli got a new manager after the old manager moved to RB Leipzig.

eGXLLZ.jpg

I put another player up for sale through an intermediary.......looking to just off load the player who doesn't fit in the system.

LSjx4p.jpg

I brought in a new HOYD with a better personality and fit the formation better.

widyrw.jpg

The best player on the team is considering his options, but that is mostly because he is a winger and I don't use wingers but I will retrain as a #10 AMC.

6dXdMF.jpg

I would consider selling the player whose market value is around $50M for the right offer.

3n5gDA.jpg

Beller wouldn't accept the intermediary's team offer so will stay and be retrained as a Striker.

VPhbvL.jpg

We need to start filling the stands of the Olympiastadion!

After a few preseason friendlies we traveled to Rostock and took on old rivals Hansa Rostock.

TfMJ2p.jpg

We dominated the match with our backups......

a92klx.jpg

We're willing to sell for the right price......will they pay it?

925yPK.jpg

We headed to Dresden as well for a friendly and our Backups were surprised.

We played a friendly at Olympiastadion against Liverpool and the biggest news other than our draw was the injury to our GK.

L4Hdx0.jpg

lk04Hc.jpg

I was happy with the draw against a much bigger team.

3UiRol.jpg

Lorenc was a player moving positions in the team and came for a pay raise since his demands were reasonable, we worked something out.

JV0ct6.jpg

Also, ASSE came with a transfer offer to buy him that turned his head.

EzrQoq.jpg

We had success against Liverpool as always attacking the Right flank of their defense.

cDYTUu.jpg

We would finish Preseason with a DFB Pokal Match at Rathenow.

csmEmh.jpg

Another of the players vying to be the #10 is out with an injury.

1sb05I.jpg

The backups traveled to Klagenfurt and were held to a draw by the determined Austrian Team.

We then returned home to Berlin to take on Manchester United!

2iwQit.jpg

We won the match! which gives me hope for the season.

TmGlQb.jpg

Still attacking the opponent's right flank.

The team had one last friendly, traveling to the Netherlands to take on Fortuna Sittard.

3jDSUv.jpg

The Backups crushed their dreams attacking the right flank!

fl9Jtd.jpg

The team then returned home to prepare to travel to Rathenow for the DFB-Pokal 1rst Round match that I decided to use as a Dress Rehearsal for the season. I picked the Starters for the match and would use the Left-Wing Attack formation that I had mostly been using since last season.

u7ntWD.jpg

We were firm favorites.

znqQwV.jpg

It was comfortable win and could have been more except for the woodwork of the goal.

wZj64O.jpg

Some of our young players are being considered for German National Team!

VJkLrc.jpg

Season Preview

dQsQmy.jpg

AhTUcd.jpg

jfjKtO.jpg

The Team

n89qIX.jpg

image.png.cd2d743f116dc0e20035f25dd993061f.png

image.png.65bf8792f4828d0422c50570c14a3a24.png

Management Report

JTY4tP.jpg

lKZ2Me.jpg

z4hcJI.jpg

Monthly Financial Report

TRlY61.jpg

Looking Ahead

image.png.764bf1f702839344950a17a3780b6d66.png

to be continued:

What are the Board’s expectations for this season and what are you hoping for?

Good luck 🍀🤞

1 hour ago, Stuniverse said:

What are the Board’s expectations for this season and what are you hoping for?

Good luck 🍀🤞

The board's expectations and mine are in agreement. Remain in the Bundesliga. I hope for a decent DFB-Pokal Run, and if we get lucky (very) a possible European place. 

We have a tough start to our season, and I am having problems with players moaning about playing time even after accepting lesser roles in the team.

I have played about 6 matches and have 6 points safe for now......but it looks like a tough season.

Hertha BSC

qNq1Gj.png

August 2037: Regular Season

Manager's Thoughts

The month of August and the start of the Bundesliga Season was as rough as I expected it to be. Mostly because we were unable to improve the squad and the players are looking to move or asking for playing time, they don't deserve we have become a terrible defensive football team. The cohesion and unity of last season's battle against relegation is gone and it looks like It may be another season of struggle in the Capital. Mostly because we don't have the funds to by better players and all of the players, we want to sell are getting under value bids.....or they decide they want to stay. We were lucky to get points in all our matches as we were making defensive errors we didn't make last season. We finished the month where we finished the last season in 12th place.

Schedule

image.png.f6308bd802e84302a21eb3b997c3c4fa.png

Highlights

The regular season began with an always tricky trip to the Black Forest and Stuttgart.

P5Xtt5.jpg

The Home town team was favored and we were going to be in for a tough fight.

BJJ2fb.jpg

I did my best to show confidence in my team even though we all knew we had a tough start to the season ahead of us.

rLLXW6.jpg

The DFB Pokal gave us a tricky draw earlier than I hoped, because I am looking forward to making a run this year.

kweysa.jpg

Gameday came and there was nothing separating the two teams after 95 minutes of football. A former player of mine from ASSE ruined my day scoring for Stuttgart and my chestnuts were pulled out of the fire by the captain Fabbian with a late strike from outside the box!

After escaping Stuttgart with a point, we came home to Berlin to Host Title Contenders RB Leipzig.

1H4BYT.jpg

It would be a big match!

n48Zbf.jpg

Even though we were home underdogs We wanted to put up a fight for our fans.

ysNbWd.jpg

Of Course, the Backup GK is going to play with the First Choice Keeper still hurt you fools!

84Le6M.jpg

The RB Leipzig Manager trying to fire up his team......

1IjFj9.jpg

We were definitely second best on the day, and I honestly have a hard time believing we got a draw, but we did and all that matters.

5UqyXq.jpg

VAR disallowed several goals, and I was asked to comment on it. As ever I dodged the question!

OMtcnW.jpg

The board has work to do in Commercial income. Ours is 10% of Bayern's!

bcCVKw.jpg

The final match of the month would see us travel to Leverkusen.

Leverkusen were another tough team expected to be in the continental places if not making a title challenge.

hL05Dc.jpg

We would still be missing our First Choice GK for this match.

wI5VuK.jpg

We started off well in the first half scoring twice and taking a 2-0 lead that we then proceeded to throw away with bad play at the end of the second half......

RrEnFY.jpg

cwRFbq.jpg

Of more immediate concern was the injuries to players in the match especially Santos.

bUoEo8.jpg

A winger who is whining about playing time was played at Wingback......

5N1l54.jpg

Our players are attracting interest but its all the ones I want to keep because they fit the system.

On6Mri.jpg

and as we get ready for the final day of the window.....I never say never.

At the end of the Month, we sit in 12th place with 3 points!

Player of the Month

mGaKWH.jpg

Monthly Analysis Report

Rn7p4s.jpg

Management Report

tuXXM5.jpg

yUjUZE.jpg

g367ZG.jpg

Monthly Financial Report

0Bzndw.jpg

Looking Ahead

image.png.eff04da90b55d144ad527e17eddc1c1d.png

to be continued:

7 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

The month of August and the start of the Bundesliga Season was as rough as I expected it to be. Mostly because we were unable to improve the squad and the players are looking to move or asking for playing time, they don't deserve we have become a terrible defensive football team. The cohesion and unity of last season's battle against relegation is gone and it looks like It may be another season of struggle in the Capital. Mostly because we don't have the funds to by better players and all of the players, we want to sell are getting under value bids.....or they decide they want to stay. We were lucky to get points in all our matches as we were making defensive errors we didn't make last season. We finished the month where we finished the last season in 12th place.

Ouch! That doesn’t sound too good.

8 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

and as we get ready for the final day of the window.....I never say never.

Are you in for a busy deadline day? Will you be making panic buys or keeping your head?

28 minutes ago, Stuniverse said:

Ouch! That doesn’t sound too good.

Are you in for a busy deadline day? Will you be making panic buys or keeping your head?

Mostly I was and am looking to sell some of the prima donnas.  I need committed players.....I am looking at a Sean Dyche at Burnley (relegation fight) season right now and need unity not mutiny!

It's mostly that that team was playing a 4-3-3 gegenpressing but not getting results I would have loved that earlier in my save, but I am also trying to evolve tactically and learn to make strategic choices. Many of the talented offensive players are awkward fits into the new system and are often out of natural positions when playing. That being said I am not trying to have a firesale of players either.

I come at this as someone who watches football and learned most what he knows about football from playing the game and I want to see if there are other ways to play the game. Like @_Ben_ or @SixPointer

Hertha BSC

AbKSJy.png

September 2037: Regular Season

Manager's Thoughts

The team didn't play well, it started matches well and then folded in the second half. There are players demanding more playing time and rumors of a takeover. All of it working against creating a unified group that a relegation battle needs. The team is conceding more goals than we are scoring......if the defense doesn't improve, we really will be in the thick weeds of a relegation battle. We have a busy month coming up after the international break with some tough teams but some chances to improve our play and position in the table.

Schedule

image.png.a323983e22e89d9ea2db614333c83f9f.png

Highlights

The month of September starts with a Transfer Window Day. The Team is looking to move players but only for the right price.

cPOGHh.jpg

It looked to be a busy day....but turned out to be a sleeper for Hertha.

bsHxKx.jpg

I declined on spending too much time with the agents and newsies.

CmEFBW.jpg

Sekiraqa was the only player we were able to move......and only on a loan with option to buy.

BobfBx.jpg

It was a busy window for other teams including our rivals Schalke04.

XZ3sIJ.jpg

As a result of the transfer window, we have cut payroll, since we couldn't find any players to bring in worth the price asking.

The first match after the transfer window was a match against our rivals Schalke04.

bTvBRj.jpg

I am always up for matches against Historical Rivals.

UNrCQD.jpg

It was an even boring game until just before half when both sides scored with us first. Unfortunately, Schalke04 scored two more times in the second half.

96OvFb.jpg

I was furious about how the team folded in the second half!

0bwa7Y.jpg

The Hertha Chairman is looking to sell......just what we need right now Takeover intrigue!

BTmbjv.jpg

The team had to get ready for a trip to Wolfsburg. The Home team would be favored.

wBnYpT.jpg

Alim Dermitas was mad about playing time and got the team leaders to back him up. I saw him as a squad player when we needed a CWB on the Right. Which would only be sometimes. The team didn't agree, and this didn't help with the unity needed for a relegation fight.

4dLvLW.jpg

Gameday came and miraculously we won a game after an early goal and suffering under assault by the other team for the rest of the match.

dOsD5N.jpg

Kunert the PF-A scored the goal and was named man of the match!

jkrQSj.jpg

We had good success attacking the opponent's right flank.

vTxYnt.jpg

The Newsies can't make up their mind if we are going to be taken over or not.....

The team then returned to the capital to take on FC Koln.

T8NLYN.jpg

The visitors were clear favorites in the match.....We needed to get to their level and fast!

BMWGDZ.jpg

Demirtas isn't helping his cause by making the disagreement public in fact I will now move him over the Winter.

wJVX9S.jpg

We scored first and looked good in the first half and then in the second half I am still trying to figure out what happened!

After that demoralizing match the football world went on International Break.

REylEl.jpg

Hertha At least has a player on the list.

JPK4GA.jpg

I tried to sell ahead of the window our two most outspoken playing time demanding prima donnas.....it didn't work!

WFqhWX.jpg

Our backup AMC will miss some time with his national team.....

tNVwJ6.jpg

This was the practice schedule during the International Break.

League Table

0MbtOq.jpg

t3r2Hp.jpg

Monthly Analysis Report

Z9d4Kb.jpg

Player of the Month

Pi0aXO.jpg

Management Report

SbJvvJ.jpg

3KBA2e.jpg

4L5noq.jpg

Monthly Financial Report

M3xYqO.jpg

Looking Ahead

image.png.b36d4cdc2b5c190deb152af5f3d36b64.png

to be continued:

40 minutes ago, Stuniverse said:

Early days, but looking like this might be a difficult season for Hertha Berlin.

I agree......The players got behind me when I came in to save last season but now that the season has been saved and were still in the Bundesliga they started their whining and moaning and general lack of unity that got them in the situation in the first place.

Much like IRL Hertha as well.

Hertha BSC

AbKSJy.png

October 2037: Regular Season

Manager's Thoughts

The team is in turmoil between the relegation fight that we are now in and the Takeover rumors in the media. The season is quickly becoming a disaster flick with a sinking ship as everyone looks for the life rafts. The team plays hard, but it is often on the back foot and playing defensively and that is leading to our goalie making a superhuman effort to keep us in contention in most matches. I don't really know how to fix this but by winning matches and that keeps getting harder and harder as the results and morale keep going lower.

Schedule

image.png.43fe4e3747cedaf45d8aa6df4ebfa0b2.png

Highlights

vkuhEr.jpg

The month of October started with a tough match against the champions, Dortmund, who were out to repeat as champions.

MV5T2L.jpg

J6ZZvj.jpg

The Borussia Dortmund boss was playing mind games......would they work?

jftrVL.jpg

We were on the back foot from the whistle, the mind games worked his boys were really up for the match.

5JuMva.jpg

Our loss was all over the TV that night since we were playing the league leaders.

3DjXFO.jpg

The press wanted mr to complain about VAR....which had nothing to do with our loss.......

LfyXZm.jpg

The Left WingBack would miss the next match.....

After the match with Dortmund, we returned home to take on Hannover and would have a chance in this match.....

EhG7Pz.jpg

Both teams were in poor form, and this looked like an early season Six-Pointer.

YH81lz.jpg

We won the match and looked decent doing so even though there were a few more jitters than I would have liked.

9apZXO.jpg

Jaissle was my predecessor at Hertha.......

IYFB0w.jpg

Kunert had two goals leading the line from the PF-A position on the Right.

3fwi7G.jpg

Kunert is attracting attention of other teams, but we will only sell if someone activates his release clause.....no discounts!

After facing Hannover, we had the novel situation of facing Gladbach Back-to-Back in the League and in the DFB-Pokal in the same week.

L4JhDW.jpg

Gladbach was favored at home against us and I would play the backups in the league trying to make sure we won at home in the DFB-Pokal.

Q1IBat.jpg

F0pGCi.jpg

As always, the usual suspects lead in development of Bundesliga players.

F1WYER.jpg

The Takeover saga is threatening the narrative of the relegation battle in the media.....

bihrPB.jpg

The backups played tough and we tried attacking the Gladbach Left Flank instead of the right......the starters came on late to make it respectable but with them in the Cup Tie I expect a win.

Z0MjpQ.jpg

i073KE.jpg

Two players that would miss the next match or more......

mXwKdx.jpg

Olympia Stadion would see a good crowd for the DFB-Pokal match versus Gladbach.

tScNnT.jpg

We were favorites lets take advantage.

We would attack the left Flank of BMG again this time with our Starters.

6ZnaXL.jpg

We won 1-0 in a hard fought match.

Pw7C1D.jpg

We did a lot of passing and featured the right back.

The last match of the month was another early season Six-Pointer in the Relegation Battle.

Dv8tu4.jpg

Mainz was favored even though we were the home team and that was discouraging.

oQxEQ1.jpg

I want to give other relegation battle teams as little "Bulletin Board" Material as possible. I don't need to give them extra motivation when facing us.

fXEV0O.jpg

We found out we would have a tricky match with Stuttgart in the DFB-Pokal next......

AvXqGx.jpg

The best youth setup's in the world were ranked and Hertha wasn't among them......

KvyRpi.jpg

With the Takeover Rumors and the Relegation fight this season is turning into a disaster flick fast.......

hg4S7J.jpg

We still had a match to play and played hard and were lucky......to get the draw.

nqoL6B.jpg

This is what I now know......since I don't have a team ready to gengen press.

League Table

8ikEPJ.jpg

Dc1LIJ.jpg

Monthly Analysis Report

qUuxuP.jpg

Player of the Month

eORil7.jpg

Management Report

i8f5FV.jpg

W2xUQZ.jpg

mQaGkc.jpg

Monthly Financial Report

dhRAEd.jpg

Looking Ahead

image.png.d45388454cea11197d3b8a34b9618ae6.png

to be continued:

Hertha BSC

AbKSJy.png

November 2037: Regular Season

Manager's Thoughts

The team continued its efforts to not be relegated. After another close loss to Freiburg that wasn't as close as scoreline suggested. I decide something had to change tactically so we could get the other team on the back foot at least from time to time. I found a Tactic I liked that belonged to @Carambau that I decided to use saying I saw it played by Darmstadt in this world. I trained it over an International break and it got its first test against Bayern Munich. It led to a draw and I glimmers of hope. We were on the front foot at times and scoring, but we were making defensive mistakes due to being new in the formation and not tactically familiar. The next match was a Six-Pointer versus Werder Bremen. In this match both teams forgot about defense and tried to outscore each other. So it has been over a month since we have won but we are outside of the relegation zone and hope to stay there.

Schedule

image.png.270a56901e7d7e9e6a7ff28403d6cfeb.png

Highlights

The month would begin with us taking on Freiburg in a match we needed to win.

tOH1ZG.jpg

Even though the Visitors were favored, I have always been wary of Home underdogs.

QSyMFj.jpg

Our Goalie is what is keeping us above water in the relegation fight!

JA9rnc.jpg

We are toothless going forward and teams camp out in our half and force us to play defense until we tire ourselves out and make mistakes.

itN7O9.jpg

Our pass map wasn't bad we attacked them where we wanted to but just never had the ball enough.

zzaqEs.jpg

The List of 50 best players in the world came out. Of course, no Hertha Player was on it.

As a way to change the fortunes of the team, I decided on a tactical change after watching Bundesliga 2's Darmstadt a few times and I liked their tactic. So over the International Break I added it to the tactical training.

cUowF3.jpg

This will attempt to attack both flanks and hopefully get us off the back foot.

0ptmcL.jpg

Enrique wasn't happy with his contract and actually asked for less money so I was happy to give him what he wanted.

After dealing with contracts and training the new formation it was time after the International Break to put it to the test.

0cmrSI.jpg

We were taking a risk playing Bayern with a new tactic, but we are at a time when we need to take risks.

seKrQC.jpg

I still sort of pinch myself that I am on the same touchline as Guardiola.

apmqAb.jpg

My predecessor being grilled because I am at least keeping us in the Bundesliga.

Mz21YO.jpg

Another Relegation Rival has a new manager.

7XgUxU.jpg

Match Day arrived and our new formation caused some consternation in Bayern's attack and allowed us to score, but eventually we made mistakes and were tied by their superior players.

aw8uZN.jpg

He got some hometown refereeing in the match....that allowed them to tie us!

fKi0Zr.jpg

The draw and our new formation were the talk of the newsies that night.

MSUqBf.jpg

The new pass map was different from the old and showed even though we didn't seek it we had success attacking Bayern's Left Flank.

87hnGJ.jpg

The Final match of the month would be a Relegation Battle Six-Pointer.

7CEVSs.jpg

Both sides gave up on defense and just simply tried to outscore each other.

DBFDa5.jpg

The Bremen Boss was happy with the draw......I wasn't!

tSuJOD.jpg

We are still looking for a win.....this has been a tough season so far.

xCITUk.jpg

According to the Analysts we should have won the match......but its two lost points!

League Table

LVuS3U.jpg

zQyLxy.jpg

Monthly Analysis Report

F4b8X2.jpg

Player of the Month

P1pzWn.jpg

FZPQhe.jpg

rgEWXQ.jpg

Monthly Financial Report

IzefYg.jpg

Looking Ahead

image.png.8e58bf0767bb7d76005f5d78697fb9b3.png

to be continued:

Hertha BSC

AbKSJy.png

December 2037: Regular Season "Back to the Future"

Manager's Thoughts

The team continued to battle for points, but it was obvious that even with the tactical tweak of going to the 5-2-3 WB wasn't enough. So, I went back to the early days of my career and resurrected a formation and tactic that would have us playing hopefully like Liverpool of 2016! It had only one match against a relegation rival in a six -pointer but it was dominant, and we will be using it for the remainder of the campaign. I think that I was trying to become too cerebral and forgot that sometimes Football is simple. Deny the opponent the ball, take it away from him if he happens to have it, and put it in his net. The new formation does just that and allows us to play our myriad of Attacking midfielders in their natural positions. Which should help as we become more tactically familiar as we navigate the second half of the season and hopefully out of the relegation battle.

Schedule

image.png.818ff6a3599f6bd3039d01d9eb10ea4c.png

Highlights

The month of December began with a tricky match against Stuttgart in the DFB-Pokal.

gyKBbZ.jpg

Stuttgart was favored and our new tactics hadn't done the trick yet either.

HIAQvx.jpg

I wanted a good result, but I wasn't about to let my dreams get ahead of reality.

B4RU5o.jpg

The Bundesliga Coaching Carousel continues to spin......a manager leaves a relegation fight for a "safer" job.....

3gndqH.jpg

Match Day came and we couldn't play from the back from a determined press by a 4-4-2 that also bypassed our press by playing direct "Hoof Ball".

yPdZDI.jpg

Dermitas who was wanting more playing time.......will miss the next month of chances.

0JO7nB.jpg

I was disappointed to go out as well as the manner of it and I started thinking how I could turn this ship around!

After the terrible result in Stuttgart the team then traveled to Hamburg to take on St.Pauli.

bDd5Nz.jpg

It was another tough match up with a 4-4-2 formation.

L0IXlC.jpg

I am looking to build from within with the small transfer budget I have.

sXYRqV.jpg

We were on the backfoot yet again, but we defended doggedly and escaped with a draw and much needed point.

JVQkVD.jpg

We had our goalie to thank yet again.....for bailing us out.

xRJOmI.jpg

We haven't won a game in a while......

ccV6IP.jpg

Our GK was player of the week!

Z6BhzZ.jpg

AS Roma to Wolfsburg........a lot of pedigree......with a lot of losing.

qf4xnP.jpg

Recently Relegated Augsburg coach thinks he can turnaround Hoffenheim........I don't think so!

rsVd9i.jpg

The first looks at the Academy Class are exciting if we get 4 future players I will be happy.

gsip3O.jpg

As the Winter Window is about to open transfer rumors are running wild about our players. I intend to keep most of them for now.

xsHgEL.jpg

Takeover Rumors won't go away either.......

HyZaDm.jpg

The team came home from Hamburg looking for a win and I thought this was a winnable match. Even if the bookies backed our opponents.

tM6ktY.jpg

This is a bit of an untruth it is more like they aren't afraid of us and pen us in our end and we get no chance to attack their end.

fJt4dg.jpg

It was a more even match but in all it was an ugly game decided as a draw by matching penalties.

mjS2NE.jpg

Almost two months since we tasted victory! At least we are still getting points, but things need to change and fast.

Z9sn8S.jpg

The team is doing so bad that the rest of the board thought we should panic buy a player or two change things up.......when the problem is tactical and disunity among the players.

3lQvEJ.jpg

Relegation Rival Fortuna Dusseldorf went to Darmstadt for their Coach.

2hWboi.jpg

This is their new Boss. 

After trying and failing with several formations and styles of play over the past few years. I decided to go back to the basics. and I reintroduced my team to the Gengen Press using the Second Formation from my Conwy days at the start of my career.

2V6jXz.jpg

This will be the main formation for the rest of the season. I am using it to take advantage of all the Attacking Midfielders we have and several #10's.

HWxTaE.jpg

Our Goalie will miss the meeting with Fortuna Dusseldorf!

LCqzt4.jpg

He is an important part of our team for sure!

KYXRIm.jpg

We traveled to Dusseldorf for the important six pointer just before the midseason break.

We were considered favorites.......for some reason.

NVGyUB.jpg

A former fan favorite had harsh words for the play of our Left Back and said in no uncertain terms he had to play better if we were to succeed.

aWT65N.jpg

Dusseldorf had a new coach and we had a new formation and tactic.....

CXqp7C.jpg

We dominated playing the gengenpress from the Conwy days.....and I think it took them by surprise!

iRdCRM.jpg

The fans that bothered to watch were thrilled!

93UpM3.jpg

We were dominant all match long it just that we couldn't seem to find the net until late on......mostly because we were so surprised to have that much of the ball.

Va34cw.jpg

djNhIx.jpg

Happy for the fans and team that our winless streak is over.

byKdkC.jpg

pkg9CH.jpg

There was one injury and he will only miss training on the trip to Qatar over Xmas.

UCfSqQ.jpg

the team also started loaning out players from the Farm Team or Hertha II.

lh3CUh.jpg

He would start as a player in the Irish League.

OzdosW.jpg

The Day after Christmas we headed to Qatar for some warm weather training and one friendly before our 6 pointer with Hoffenheim.

3TcTqo.jpg

This is the training schedule for our week in Qatar. Since we have a new tactic I made sure to get some tactical work in.

ow3hdj.jpg

Our Star Left Winger is thought to be in Man City's sights and will be leaving on a free transfer at the end of the season.

IHbo7C.jpg

We are not shopping anyone but will accept reasonable offers on a number of players.

MJxTGs.jpg

kmBVhj.jpg

Reason we are losing our AML at the end of the season.

League Table

ili37o.jpg

mQBzLM.jpg

Monthly Analysis Report

KUhkD4.jpg

Player of the Month

pRAztT.jpg

Management Report

zUbIIU.jpg

dnt1CQ.jpg

yhO0RT.jpg

Monthly Financial Report

akTxyM.jpg

Looking Ahead

image.png.7e3d086e51fe5b3f51ca3fe2799c7bff.png

to be continued:

Hertha BSC

qNq1Gj.png

January 2038: Regular Season

Manager's Thoughts

The change to the 4-2-3-1 Wide Gengen Press has so far been a success. We are unbeaten and have four wins since changing tactics. With the ship steadied and now on course for safety of midtable mediocrity. I started planning for next seasons roster. I brought in a few players on Bosman's for depth in midfield and one for a starter at center back. The team made one transfer acquisition for $12.5M for a striker I think will make a great Left Winger and replace Abrassart that was player of the month. The team is coming together after my tactical mistakes which came from trying to deviate from my tactical philosophy of Klopp Style Gengen press that got me into football management and won me trophies.

Schedule

image.png.98b685eaeb511f6570e7fde96dad6d75.png

Highlights

Our month of January started with a Friendly during our Training Camp in Qatar.

ajfXaR.jpg

We were dominant and I allowed the backups to play major roles using our new formation and tactic.

5ZFf4q.jpg

We signed a player on a Bosman for next season to help with our Defensive Midfield depth.

Olexiy Komar

xsL1Wt.jpg

Stefan Richter was signed to provide depth at the Hertha II Level.

After returning from Qatar the team turned their attention to preparing for a match with table propping Hoffenheim.

5B8PLG.jpg

We were the home team and favored in the Six-Pointer.

SvKRPa.jpg

I thought winter break went well.....and was happy to have it.

remAMY.jpg

Match Day came and we were in control from the start, we went out to a 2-0 lead and then slackened a little after making some subs and Heidenheim got one back and that made the next few minutes nervy, but a penalty shot restored our two-goal lead late and we cruised to victory.

mPuozQ.jpg

Hoffenheim's new manger was unhappy with his teams play.......

59nOkM.jpg

Lorenc a Centerback adjusting to life as a Wingback in a Back Four had a great game.

Z0gnK3.jpg

Six unbeaten with two wins in a row.....I think we are turning it around.

TxGaVi.jpg

We dominated possession in this match and that is shown by all the passes.

gzNNQu.jpg

The team sold a young player and the fan base was upset all I could do was ask for trust.

7Te7vi.jpg

The Takeover talks are ever present, but at least they are internal and don't place a transfer embargo on the team.

dIbgJ9.jpg

The team added another player through a Bosman for next season......his signing means we will have to sell some Center Backs.

Halvor Flogstad

We also put in an offer for a player to take Abbrassart's place on the left next season.

Z7bH7P.jpg

He is a natural striker but I think he will make a better winger.

DLezIT.jpg

With all the transfer news swirling the team headed for Leipzig and a match with League leading RB Leipzig.

FkzQHO.jpg

It's a big match and the Leipzig boss starts the mind games.

'yAg7VI.jpg

I ignored the criticisms of my players and was upbeat about our new formation and tactic in the news conference.

hl2zmH.jpg

We played well and was able to escape with a point and give them something to think about for next time.

BCMKWO.jpg

RB Leipzig boss wants referees reviewed because he didn't win!

pZCjqI.jpg

Hertha captain Tredup led the team from the right wing.

athhBo.jpg

Seven in a row unbeaten we are slowly climbing out of the Relegation Battle.

xhAcYo.jpg

Our match made the nightly highlights on German TV!

uaaaDS.jpg

Tredup was named player of the week!

JoYnjU.jpg

Rokaas is being brought in and trained as an AML-Winger Attack for next season and will see some play unless Abbrassart gets hurt.

hNPpK0.jpg

He joins the team as a squad player this season and regular starter next.

aZ1qBY.jpg

Decent Turnout for another match against Stuttgart that knocked us out of the DFB-Pokal.

LNktlr.jpg

Stuttgart due to past performance were considered the favorites, but I thought we had a chance as home underdogs.

S6XFax.jpg

Stuttgart had the better of the day until they were sent down to ten men and in extra time, we got the win after wearing down their defenses.

wakHNF.jpg

Another whiny manager.....blaming the officials!

5ibX6q.jpg

That makes is 8 unbeaten we are still slowly coming out of the relegation battle to midtable mediocrity.

The last match of the month Bayer Leverkusen would visit Berlin for the match.

TDwmlu.jpg

Leverkusen was favored, but I thought we had a chance.

apPRNX.jpg

We controlled the game and were rewarded with a late goal to seal our victory.

86IHYM.jpg

During the Post match Press conference, the media were more interested in transfers than our great victory.

League Table

soEHya.jpg

qiphs8.jpg

Monthly Analysis Report

OVEfXG.jpg

Player of the Month

oEvrI6.jpg

Management Report

hnAxKp.jpg

htoEtt.jpg

Ic9O1I.jpg

Monthly Financial Report

t4nTdW.jpg

Looking Ahead

image.png.d43d508d60eb9bb88127ce941dd903e6.png

to be continued:

A pity my tactic didnt work for you (sorry for that), but the new (old) one looks to work greatly :) You´re in far calmer waters now.

Edited by Carambau

4 hours ago, Helginho said:

Looking far more friendly now!

Yes, it is much better in the dressing room and with the board.

A pity my tactic didnt work for you (sorry for that), but the new (old) one looks to work greatly :) You´re in far calmer waters now.

There is nothing wrong with your tactic. It just didn't really fit my players and I needed to get results fast if I was going to maintain safety in the Bundesliga.

The New Tactic is an "Out of the Box" Gengen press with a few position/role changes. By out of the box, I mean if you press Genge press in the Tactics Creator these are the TI's you get.

Hertha BSC

qNq1Gj.png

February 2038: Regular Season

Manager's Thoughts

The good play continued even if we were losing points by drawing more than winning, but overall, we were climbing out of the relegation battle to midtable mediocrity. We had an outside chance at something more, but I think that we are still too leaky defensively and getting too many draws. The team otherwise is enjoying their football and playing time thus getting them on my side. Let's hope the good play keeps up.

Schedule

image.png.4ebd9a0594b5683547f8989c638b0d2d.png

Highlights

JH7cAH.jpg

The team is near the bottom of the payroll expenditure but is talented enough to "Punch above its weight" if players are all on the same page as the last month showed.

BqQgKt.jpg

We had a bit of a "panic buy" but I am sure he will fullfill his promise and take Abrassart's place on the left wing next season.

After the good month of January, we were excited to be taking on our rivals Schalke04 in the first match in February.

b8pj14.jpg

The Home team was favored even though we were in better form, but since it was a rivalry. I was expecting a tough match.

urS3Es.jpg

I let this one slip in the buildup to the match.....

oGCkAm.jpg

I think the AI Manager thought I was playing mind games.....

XMNun8.jpg

The match was between two even teams and we were able to get a draw even though they dominated long spells of the game after we scored first, but some of it was due to the referee favoring the hosts in most of his calls.

u9b0v8.jpg

I was pleased to get the draw and remain unbeaten in 10 matches....we were moving out of the relegation fight slowly and surely now that we had a tactic that worked!

We returned home to face another tough match this time, Wolfsburg in Berlin.

8PROOw.jpg

Both teams were in good form, but the visitors were favored. Never underestimate a home underdog.

44Xk1m.jpg

It was a superb match between two equal teams, and it ended in a draw.

vvwIUS.jpg

Eleven Unbeaten! we need to keep this up and greatness might beckon!

CCsfLT.jpg

The Media asked about what is now called "Leece-Ball", it is good because it gets results!

hZyjH6.jpg

We had to travel next to Koln for a match with FC Koln.

2X3dVl.jpg

My old rival from the French League started playing mind games.....

6vVIqk.jpg

Koln made some late subs, and they paid off with another Draw of a match we shouldn't have lost! even if it had been against the run of play.

o023zd.jpg

We remain unbeaten!

UDe4S3.jpg

We're doing well, but it isn't over yet, far from it.

U18rCk.jpg

It was the game of the day!

310vvk.jpg

We were returning home to play highflying Dortmund and a big crowd was expected.

RCQHd3.jpg

Even though Dortmund had dip in form they were expected to beat us.

p1ZE9H.jpg

We played a masterful match that was bookended by goals.

5H34PZ.jpg

Yt7DHj.jpg

Our young center back had a great game!

vSymQb.jpg

A baker's dozen undefeated!

2yKo2S.jpg

I paid homage to our young center back's contribution.

5SZei2.jpg

Highlights of our impressive victory on TV sets across Germany!

qFxYDz.jpg

Even though the system doesn't specifically attack the opponents right flank we had a lot of success there.

fGBEMq.jpg

UF12NB.jpg

The New formation and lineup shakeup settled the playing time problems.

i2NhUp.jpg

The Board took out a loan to pay for transfers.....and repayment begins!

League Table

OQGNZm.jpg

UZNfaU.jpg

Monthly Analysis Report

UwJ36w.jpg

We are finally scoring more than we are conceding!

Player of the Month

xheCTe.jpg

The captain led the team by example.

Management Report

5uBT2U.jpg

QkXysA.jpg

XO2iF3.jpg

Monthly Financial Report

DBgpcz.jpg

Looking Ahead

image.png.1695f9cb6035edfc52fd8e4d330c6bfc.png

to be continued:

2 hours ago, Stuniverse said:

You should be safe now from relegation, may even make top half yet :applause:

I have played till the end of the season and we end up exactly where we belong......midtable mediocrity. Thanks to our terrible start.

Hertha BSC

AbKSJy.png

March 2038: Regular Season

Manager's Thoughts

Other than the first match of the month in which I underestimated our opponents and hubristically played the backups. The team played well and excelled. Unfortunately, though we have lost our First Choice GK for the rest of the season. Injuries have been a problem all season and that hasn't changed but whoever I play seems to answer the whistle and play well.  We will probably continue to play well but not gain much ground on the top teams. After our horrific start being safely mediocre and midtable is an accomplishment. I am also beginning to think about next season and will probably look for a younger profile in the team. The biggest need though is a better GK.

Schedule

image.png.f963250b2451c52c8ea0e27c18a3d432.png

Highlights

The month of March would have three fixtures before an international break. The first match of the month was against fellow strugglers Hannover.

mBTSdL.jpg

We were in better form and I was a bit over confident and decided to play the backups in this match to help with playing time concerns.

bVmrGR.jpg

We tackle hard and play physical but within the laws of the game.

qJ0zRS.jpg

We did nothing right in this match and were on the back foot from kick off......

gmlfJ2.jpg

and with that loss our unbeaten streak is ended at 13.

7zEwzS.jpg

The pass map shows we tried to attack the Right Flank of the defense but it didn't work this time......

dKrDBY.jpg

Starting Center back will miss training the next two weeks during the international break.

XmtM7J.jpg

This injury ends whatever chance we had of making a miracle run to the European places.......since our Backup GK will be the starter the rest of the season!

SHYS8K.jpg

Kleppinger becomes the man between the sticks,,,,,NOW!

We returned to Berlin and Olympia Stadion to take on BMG.

EnjFVx.jpg

We were favored as the home team, and we were looking for a better result this time around.

7wneSk.jpg

I was looking for a win to start another unbeaten streak!

HWjHSK.jpg

and did the boys deliver! 5-0 as comprehensive a win as it gets!

G3hYQl.jpg

Kunert led the line and the team with a Hat Trick!

9LuKNB.jpg

And was named player of the week with a few of his teammates!

g6iv2i.jpg

Five players made the team of the week we were so good!

5FJhcl.jpg

Another Star player will miss a match......

F6Oygv.jpg

Hertha looks to have a decent intake this season.

The Team then got ready to take its show on the road to Mainz05 that was still struggling in the relegation battle.

D2WA8p.jpg

Mainz 05 was considered the favorite, but I thought we were the team to beat in the match.

sqd2KR.jpg

I never really pay attention to kickoff times other than making sure my team is ready for ours!

yAX7y0.jpg

Both sides played a tough game, but we played a bit counterattack football on a team that likes to control possession. We caught them out twice on the counter and twice with set pieces for a great victory!

C5CNz3.jpg

The Mainz05 boss was less than happy with the result.

GbOWFi.jpg

Our young Main stay in the defense had a great day.

6WwSNK.jpg

I said a few inspiring words at halftime after the Mainz05 goal just before halftime......

PubJvv.jpg

and now we lose our leading scorer and line leader for a month with a twisted ankle......

M4S16k.jpg

The "good" Youth candidates were Identified and signed.

The two Best were:

Gavin Martinez

Tomasz Olejnik

KVbYyy.jpg

Eintracht Frankfurt thinks I want to leave......when they are in a similar situation with just more money for payroll. Plus this is one of my favorite clubs.....I will only leave for two clubs.....Liverpool because it is a top job and NE Revolution to fix a mistake and bad job.

oF0HVl.jpg

I am happiest in Berlin......plotting the overthrow of RB Leipzig and Bayern Munich.

Kv1uca.jpg

Dermitas had been complaining about playing time now that he has capped for Germany he will be in the starting XI much more.

nY1UGy.jpg

Especially since he scored for his country as well.

nZMfsk.jpg

And now our Starting Left Back will be out for the next month......injuries SMH!

RdROXE.jpg

We signed a new Left Back for next season for depth reasons.

hK46G0.jpg

We are adding height to our backline as we seem to be losing Set-Pieces (Corners) on a consistent basis.

RRjQlY.jpg

We are in an injury crisis........here come the kids!

2NKZDT.jpg

The wonderkid report came out and again no Hertha players.

League Table

qs5EJX.jpg

4JOMy7.jpg

Monthly Analysis Report

DedJiQ.jpg

Player of the Month

w6mRwM.jpg

The young player led the backline and was a keystone in both our victories this month.

Management Report

1U1XAR.jpg

DlZSq8.jpg

wCvKyZ.jpg

Monthly Financial Report

vQWPxy.jpg

Looking ahead

image.png.a3528e1b33edb6a632d2e7f2d4c4d915.png

to be continued:

Hertha BSC

HRj6nM.png

April 2038: Regular Season

Manager's Thoughts

The fever dream of European Football next season ended with the twin losses to Freiburg and Bayern at the start of the month. The team played well in both matches but injuries and the backups just weren't enough. The team won the next two matches to assure safety and midlevel mediocrity for another season by beating relegation threatened Werder Bremen and St. Pauli. I am going to try and bring back Abrassart at the end of the season with a new contract since he is the straw that stirs our drink on offense. More importantly I will look to improve the goal keeper position and strengthen the defense yet again. To do so we may have to pay more than I am willing to pay and then we will be committed to making Europe next season to help German Football.

Schedule

image.png.55406a883e23f7c3f2b5d80481489d39.png

Highlights

The month of April began with a trip to Freiburg followed by Bayern Munich at home.

18l1JR.jpg

The Home team was favored even though their form was slipping. I thought we had a chance.

8Pg1Uj.jpg

Both left backs were down....and so I had to play a Left Midfielder that I was trying to get rid of in the spot. Which meant our chances of winning took a hit!

XPtAqa.jpg

It was an even match they had more of the ball, but our press kept them from taking shots. We moved the ball rapidly in counterattack and were profligate. In the end their more clinical finishing gave them the three points.

ZG7Orp.jpg

The press wanted me to blame the loss on VAR.....I continued my non-commital answers.

iZTg7r.jpg

The team didn't have much of the ball and it showed in our passing map and stats.

Returning from Freiburg we had to ready ourselves for Bayern Munich coming to town.

cNUsCZ.jpg

HmTWYy.jpg

Even though Pep's Bayern were stumbling for form, they were solid favorites for the match.

fUuBfS.jpg

We played hard but just couldn't find a way to beat their keeper. The only goal came just before halftime when Kleppinger made a mistake on a low long shot.

kjLBIj.jpg

Kleppinger's mistake cost us the match, but I hoped he would bounce back quickly.

83j1Qq.jpg

St.Pauli get a new manager just before our match......who knows anything about the new guy?

wUOXB2.jpg

We are close to profitable and much less than the average......

S4dkze.jpg

We take on Werder Bremen next on the schedule. I expected to beat the Relegation threatened team.

Even though the home team was favored by the bookies and media.

WhMLYu.jpg

German Football is sputtering in European Tournaments, and we aren't in a position yet to help.

xRzDDA.jpg

We won the match by dominating the shots even though we had less of the ball.

2JidQ3.jpg

We found our success down the Left Flank this time.....

sBBXvQ.jpg

My old team made it to Ligue 1 Uber Eats but isn't cut out for top level football......no wins all season between two managers!

6RgwWa.jpg

St. Pauli was scheduled to visit us with their new coach and we were expected to win.

AHiXlx.jpg

Our Left Winger and version of Kevin De Bruyne is on pace to break the club record of assists.

S2MWPz.jpg

We controlled the match from start to finish and controlled possession as well as had more shots.

CI5NIZ.jpg

I was complimentary of their fight even though they were outclassed on the day.

jqcTkN.jpg

We are officially safe from relegation!

League Table

pJ3roX.jpg

7BYPDQ.jpg

Monthly Analysis Report

OG4L6R.jpg

Player of the Month

MzV7wv.jpg

Management Report

bixBaa.jpg

Monthly Financial Report

7Ti5QY.jpg

Looking Ahead

image.png.e7c83c418234ff7e50774b2962dfa94d.png

to be continued:

Posted (edited)

Hertha BSC

HRj6nM.png

May 2038: Regular Season

Manager's Thoughts

The team was able to win two out of the last three games and remain in a respectable position of 10th place in the Bundesliga. Since I have three seasons until I retire, I plan on trying to upgrade Hertha and reach European Football next season. The team is actually good enough to be better than midtable mediocrities. We are the 4rth best scoring team in the Bundesliga. Thus, I am going to try an upgrade the defense and Goalkeeper over the summer. The Board is just happy being in the Bundesliga, and that isn't enough to get the fans flocking to Olympia Stadion. 

Highlights

The month of May began with the official intake into the U-19's

48yMuP.jpg

The first Match of the month would see us travel to Frankfurt in Western Germany.

35unJk.jpg

We were considered underdogs, but I thought we had a chance since they had just offered me an interview not so long ago.

qP2LSK.jpg

The Transfer spending shows that I have so far been restrained and am actually turning a profit in my transfer dealings, but that may change this summer.

0W4XaS.jpg

Eintracht Frankfurt proved to be too much for us in a high scoring match where neither team played defense to the enjoyment of the fans!

oUeGek.jpg

We had a lot  of the ball and made many passes but couldn't quite control the match.

Iu2D5p.jpg

Even though by XG we should have won the match......

Q9OySN.jpg

We are near the bottom of percentage of turnover in payroll.....which means we are being responsible financially.

od4SDy.jpg

My former team hasn't won a match in Ligue 1 all season!

SEEFqt.jpg

The next match was against relegation threatened Fortuna Dusseldorf.

dqb7Js.jpg

We dominated and didn't make the defensive mistakes of the Frankfurt match and won easily relegating Dusseldorf!

b6jG12.jpg

Refusing to panic when you have been relegated......I guess you knew it was coming.

LZ2dQS.jpg

I want teams to fear Festung Berlin!

NbH66c.jpg

Highlights of our domination were all over German TV!

ZLVRoy.jpg

We had another great day passing the ball and really attacked Dusseldorf's Left Flank.

The final match of the season saw us head to Hoffenheim.

1Ym47c.jpg

We were playing well and Hoffenheim had already been relegated we were hoping to put on a show for the traveling fans.

Ke9NJc.jpg

and we won the ugly match in which Hoffenheim was out to hurt Hertha players.......

fWSWvM.jpg

Our Veteran Vice Captain was seriously injured in the final match of the season. He won't get to enjoy vacation too much!

QGaW9E.jpg

Another good day passing the ball and we were able to attack both flanks even though we only scored one.

ueHhlb.jpg

We finished in Tenth Place!

End of Season Board Meeting

YEtZwm.jpg

The Board is backing me the same as last season but due to financial prudence we have some room to maneuver on the payroll front.

zS2zoF.jpg

The Team lost some social media followers, but the support mostly remained steady. We need Europe and trophies to really move this needle.

5f0nBB.jpg

After a terrible start our statistics turned our okay.

VDloZ4.jpg

The team is in a good place after finishing midtable.

ONxzFb.jpg

The Board isn't expecting much more next season, but I am. I am not a spring chicken anymore and my chances at trophies a dwindling as I intend to retire at the end of the 2040-2041 season. So, I am going all in this summer to try and reach the European places.

Highlights Pt. II

jVW1BH.jpg

RB Leipzig did the domestic double this season.

Cdl4qN.jpg

Rumors abound that Dortmund want me.....but I am happy where I am.

y99NFC.jpg

Not moving unless Liverpool comes open.......

QxK4r0.jpg

Leo Kunert missed a month of the season and came 3 goals short of the golden boot!

YYI2wF.jpg

Jurgen Klopp led Real Madrid to the Treble!

League Table

GVOYMZ.jpg

uT1ycX.jpg

arDKaB.jpg

HXR4Pe.jpg

Management Report

A77Tkf.jpg

9Dvqor.jpg

uc8mAn.jpg

Monthly Financial Report

56jHs0.jpg

to be continued:

Edited by Hootieleece

Hertha BSC

HRj6nM.png

Season Review 2037-2038

wLw9V4.jpg

6TrsM8.jpg

We didn't do much in the transfer market and neither player had much impact, Rokaas is more for next season.

li3Yht.jpg

After a slow start we ended up in midtable in 10th place.

CDX5T0.jpg

The DFB Pokal run could have been better, but the board was happy enough.

Uiv7Sy.jpg

The Season Highlights were quite good!

ftJAQb.jpg

We did well financially.

V7ehl6.jpg

This is not how we set up after December.......

J7GzMO.jpg

Fans Player of the Season

Young player of the Season

Assists Record Breaker

nYpKQO.jpg

7yCW5a.jpg

GW37sW.jpg

to be continued:

Congrats to a safe season! It worked out in the end :) 

Yes, it did. I just wish we wouldn't start so slow......when we play together as a team, we have the talent to be in the European places in a good season. Which I am hoping will be next season.

A good season, @Hootieleece - comfortably mid-table, well clear of relegation worries and only a few points off European qualification.

1 hour ago, Hootieleece said:

I just wish we wouldn't start so slow

What do you put that slow start down to?

Edited by Stuniverse

Posted (edited)

Hertha BSC

HRj6nM.png

June 2038: Offseason

Manager's Thoughts

I went into the offseason looking to upgrade the team. I ended up doing so by bringing back our best player and adding a better goalie. This was happening as rumors were swirling for our players to leave. Bayern Munich came in for our Striker Kunert, but they were unwilling to trigger his $27.5 million release clause. Other than that, the offseason went smoothly, and we are looking to move a few players but only for the right price and not to competitors. We want a top seven finish this year so we can get to European Competition to help our bank balance. As I have pushed all our chips in to make this happen.

Highlights

The captain was re-signed when it became apparent that he would be happy in a Backup role and let Dermitas take over the AMR position.

BUAm1w.jpg

97cx2U.jpg

Jeltsch is important as our Ball winning Midfielder, I was happy to re-sign him for the playing time he was already getting.

26XjU0.jpg

Tredup and Fabbian are here to mentor the kids in the team.....as we start playing more important matches.

JHpBLw.jpg

I don't think I need to improve the coaching staff or the medical department.

9lIHBd.jpg

That means with the loan repayment we start every month $1.4M in the red.

CzyRLU.jpg

Commercially we did decent business, but prize money is not to be counted on.

gzk5Ro.jpg

New Scouting Budget. I moved some money from the transfer budget, so it wasn't just enough to pay for the "World" Scouting Package. In case I decide to scout an Argentinean or Brazilian wonderkid.

gydQ4q.jpg

Frankfurt may want him but we aren't selling possibly our best defender.

vG89Ke.jpg

I approached Abrassart after the end of the season and he was amenable to re-signing with us. He also didn't have an agent. So, I was able to come up with a reasonable deal for both parties. Unfortunately, this makes the Rokaas deal redundant.

C2FWNP.jpg

He is easily our best playmaker a Kevin De Bruyne type.

Ip1BLM.jpg

He had been exploring his options and decided playing in front of 30 people in Saudi Arabia wasn't in his interest.

oJXw4S.jpg

I don't know where this rumor came from, he isn't on any of our shortlists.

NLnmKa.jpg

The New Season is about to be announced. We are in good shape except for a GK.

HiBgbe.jpg

We aren't really interested in selling him, but we are a little overloaded in attacking players and Center Backs.

ZKbFe6.jpg

We will not be selling if possible.

lEHItM.jpg

The Bundesliga remains the 4rth best League in the World.

2FueGu.jpg

We gained 1 place! We need to get into Europe and the Top 100 with a good season!

M76pKr.jpg

German Football needs to do better in Europe. We spend too much time beating each other up in the Bundesliga and selling all our best players to Bayern Munich which is also failing.....

0hCp09.jpg

pk3u5e.jpg

We were midtable mediocrity, but we were mentioned for best match of the season!

JX6MhI.jpg

No Hertha players among signings of the season.

5U5dtl.jpg

We lost our Portuguese Feeder club......

98xje6.jpg

Pep left after not delivering in Munich for a second time. They brought in a fresh face to the managerial merry-go-round.

Syl1p2.jpg

Our Schedule has been released an average start to the season and no really big games, but we will have to be on top of our game from the off.

Ua8O7F.jpg

After losing Belenses, I asked to find another Affiliate Club and I chose Paderborn in 3 Liga. 

I will be sending the best 18-year-olds to play a season with them instead of them playing U-19's or sitting on Hertha II bench.

3HAbQi.jpg

But of importance was the good training facilities.

uw6EGk.jpg

The newly promoted side got a new manager......not a good sign for them.

NeNwyk.jpg

We would sell if Santos wanted it......

QtrXjM.jpg

I said no to the rumors and they never offered and went and got some more new blood for the carousel.

We went out and got ourselves a new GK. It is going to cost us $22M over the next two years in Transfer Fees.

Q1dKdi.jpg

aKELWJ.jpg

He becomes the new #1 and Goller becomes the Cup GK and Kleppinger the backup.

Management Report

vThu2x.jpg

jVt9gp.jpg

gH7fs8.jpg

Monthly Financial Report

yBijpI.jpg

Looking Ahead

image.png.43c5115297863fbe0ad7a578ecf9049b.png

to be continued:

Edited by Hootieleece

13 minutes ago, Stuniverse said:

A good season, @Hootieleece - comfortably mid-table, we’ll clear of relegation worries and only a few points off European qualification.

What do you put that slow start down to?

This past season I put it down to a puzzling lack of Tactical Familiarity. (even though we played with the Formation the second half of the season prior to great success) and everyone worried about their own playing time until I changed up the tactic and everyone realized we were in a sinking boat yet again.

I have almost all good personalities in the team most players are determined or resolute and our Vice Captain is a Model Citizen which is what made it so weird.

This season we are continuing the 4-2-3-1 DM Wide and most players are playing their natural positions and roles. Which should help with tactical familiarity.

PS. I am in my Preseason Friendlies, so I have finally caught up on my "homework" and can get back to fun of playing FM.

I have played further, and this came up during preseason:

lhK8Vn.jpg

This would be the "perfect" last job......I would resign as Hertha Manager to take this job. I find it too unrealistic to be both a club manager and a National Team Coach.

I would love to hear what my readers think!

26 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

I have played further, and this came up during preseason:

Congratulations on being offered the U.S.A. job, @Hootieleece.

26 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

This would be the "perfect" last job......I would resign as Hertha Manager to take this job. I find it too unrealistic to be both a club manager and a National Team Coach.

I would love to hear what my readers think!

If it's the perfect job for you then go for it!

After all it's your save and you need to do what you'll enjoy the most.

Where are you in terms of the International calendar? When's the next World Cup and whatever the North American equivalent of the European Championships is?

--

I've not tried International Management on FM24 but I assume it hasn't changed much, in which case you'll be able to race through it as there's not as much to do (or as many games) as there is in Club Management.

Whatever you decide, GOOD LUCK!

49 minutes ago, Stuniverse said:

Congratulations on being offered the U.S.A. job, @Hootieleece.

If it's the perfect job for you then go for it!

After all it's your save and you need to do what you'll enjoy the most.

Where are you in terms of the International calendar? When's the next World Cup and whatever the North American equivalent of the European Championships is?

--

I've not tried International Management on FM24 but I assume it hasn't changed much, in which case you'll be able to race through it as there's not as much to do (or as many games) as there is in Club Management.

Whatever you decide, GOOD LUCK!

I will sleep on it and think about during Lunch tomorrow at work and probably make a decision.

I made a decision to take the Team USA job. It is 2038 and the World Cup is over. England won; it came home. I will try to coach the team until the next World Cup in 2042 and then retire. I will play this save and post about it on Weekends, usually play Saturday and write on Sunday.

But first I am going to take a few days away from the save and start another one.......just to see if a 4-4-2 Route One "Hoofball" can work starting in the Lower Leagues of England. I will not be writing about it in Career updates. If I do it will be in this thread. 

47 minutes ago, Carambau said:

Wow! Congrats on the USMNT job! A new twist and I love it :) 

Thanks. The World Cup just finished and I hope to manager through the next one.

Hertha BSC

HRj6nM.png

July 2038: Preseason

Manager's Thoughts

The month of July was another preseason. We had added depth to our defense and midfield and had a new GK to improve our chances. The team came together through a bunch of friendlies starting during Training Camp in Austria. We returned home and I had scheduled some high-level competition and the team played well. I had forgotten about the World Cup and was planning the season ahead when I got a fateful email. A chance to manage Team USA......I had to take it after some thought and deliberation.

Highlights

July began with all the new players joining the team. No real standouts other than our new GK.

9nNSZK.jpg

k3Ooit.jpg

Olexiy Komar gives depth to the midfield.

UR3RUP.jpg

Flogstad joins his countryman in the team and will become one of the starting Center Backs.

SZC0Dk.jpg

Richter is a depth signing able to play Center Back or Right Back.

f8WsRJ.jpg

Alberter becomes our new man between the pipes.

RQn2VT.jpg

Rumors abound about our players........

ZdIeE5.jpg

Santos who I am trying to move will now miss the Preseason......

w2xx1n.jpg

As far as I'm concerned the player is staying with us......

76vFFP.jpg

Rumors about players that aren't even on our radar......

RTU1Ml.jpg

We got a report that we are a midtable team as far as matchday and ticket revenue are concerned. We need a European Place to invigorate the fanbase.

hJAyY3.jpg

We made another depth signing to the midfield.

ePY4PE.jpg

Then we started playing our preseason friendly's and took a trip to Austria to start things off.

Scs8aZ.jpg

We took on rivals Freiburg while in Austria and came out with a respectable draw since they are considered a top half team.

WQoRDS.jpg

We came home from Austria and the level of competition went up.

WQoRDS.jpg

We put in a good showing against Man City , but the last 20 minutes they decided to play and knocked us down a peg.

rXxzOH.jpg

And then this showed up in my email......

I was unsure what to do about it so I went home and slept on it and decided I had to accept as an American it was my duty to serve when my country calls.

The extra $1M/year in salary didn't hurt and I also decided it would be my last job in this career. Either I manage through the 2042 World Cup or am fired/sacked before that date it is over.....I am in my late sixties now and was actually planning on retiring from Hertha in 2041.

ke94qL.jpg

The World Cup just finished, and England finally brought it home.......The USA made it to the knockout rounds after a 3rd place group finish and lost to 2-0 to Germany.

4pLiib.jpg

SzjXhs.jpg

The USA is a prestigious job ranked 10th in the world currently, but we are at the end of a world cup cycle and the team will change in the next four years.

3lrThG.jpg

I hadn't resigned from Hertha yet, but had decided to do so since I felt it would be "unrealistic" to manage both club and country.

rnelqH.jpg

Hertha were polite about it and I felt bad this close to the beginning of the season.

TUGG0g.jpg

8eTmAh.jpg

The USA were getting ready for next summer's Gold Cup (North America) and expected to win or at least make the finals and lose to Mexico.

x9Hyne.jpg

Tactically we are going to use what I was using at Hertha unless I decide the players can work in another formation. We will Gegen Press!

35ycb5.jpg

It's a decent preliminary lineup but I expect a lot of changes in it in the next four years,

WMbPiC.jpg

It is a talented team and has some depth to it, but I like that the National team scouts are including new blood in the prospective team.

7sQDgw.jpg

I was asked about what I hoped to achieve as USA Head Coach win trophies and do as well as possible in the World Cup. To do that I need to get off to a positive start!

zLu5bb.jpg

I also thanked the Hertha Fans for their support in the same press conference when asked.

eSGIFC.jpg

I attended a match that had some players on my radar and got to watch my beloved NE Revolution Team!

to be continued:

USMNT

avDQaw.jpg

August-November 2038

Manager's Thoughts

The change from club football to international football was jarring. Watching games and having nothing to really do for three months was tough. I ended up taking a vacation around my birthday. I watch games and negotiated with young players to fill the squad in the future who were eligible for more than one country. One of whom was capped and scored in his first match against Trinidad and Tobago in the Nations League Quarterfinals. I am trying to transition to younger players in this competition because they will need to be experienced internationals in four years at the World Cup and I am at the end of one team cycle and at the start of another basically no one over 30 years old now will be on the team in four years. I am still trying to figure out how much I can scout and figure out who is good enough to join the team as the menus are different and there is lass data to work with. Wish me luck!

Highlights

The month of August brought one of the new things I would have to deal with.....young Primadonna's that were capable of playing for two national teams and recruiting them for mine.

klLPEA.jpg

I had a discussion with him looked over his scouting report and added him to the US Team and I would play him in November to Cap him thus ending the possibility of a switch.

LZ7hUu.jpg

I called him up and put him on the provisional list for the Nation's League Matches in November.

q4LQgQ.jpg

I took in a match in my old stomping grounds of St. Etienne.......

gt7klL.jpg

I ended up in Seattle for a match with FIVE possible team members.

195uTm.jpg

After a long vacation I started watching matches again this time in Germany.

khKC5q.jpg

A few days later I was spotted in Leipzig.

I then had to put together my list for the Nations League Quarterfinal Match vs. Trinidad and Tobago.

8G9oPN.jpg

Just like I promised the young Wheeler was in the side. I was sure to play him because Trinidad shouldn't give us too much trouble.

BP2Bzu.jpg

I went with my Assistant's suggestion on a starting lineup for the first leg of the tie.

The lineup had a lot of experience with just a few fresh faces eager to earn their place.

We were going to play the Conwy 4-2-3-1 Wide Gegenpress.

hpuIps.jpg

This was my first match as USMNT Coach......I was a little nervous.....did I do it right in preparation? Did I select to many newbies? and other things were on my mind.

o4NSvU.jpg

We were expected to win even though we hadn't been in the best form at the World Cup, but this was easier opposition.

TCqM72.jpg

I was confident in the Press about our chances and this players ability wearing the shirt.

Y07UTj.jpg

Since we had a bad World Cup an ex-player said we had to be focused on beating T&T.

1yj1mV.jpg

Our Captain also called for Focus!

kGyKqu.jpg

The starting XI and the tactic with the bench for the first match.....many of whom will play in the second leg.

lVq1t1.jpg

We won the match and except for one passing mistake we played a clean game and dominated as expected.

cV56nC.jpg

He had a good match and set up Wheeler's debut goal!

Xir5Mx.jpg

One of the stars of our midfield spoke about the win in the media.

egYaV4.jpg

The pundits say we can "Build" on this victory......of course you idiots! We are building for the next World Cup!

T3ceaJ.jpg

I ended up with Three players newly capped in the squad including Wheeler.

5VhBqo.jpg

My debutants did the scoring and won us the match!

Pm80AX.jpg

We were playing the second leg in New Jersey, and it was to be unseasonably warm at 60 degrees Fahrenheit.

4lgtKH.jpg

We were favored to finish the job......

y173qF.jpg

We dominated and won 3-0 in front of a sellout crowd......

KO3xF1.jpg

EcwEth.jpg

We won as expected......

IKuQ5q.jpg

Checkout who is now playing for the USA! Christiano Ronaldo!

RPz5RW.jpg

He works well in the new tactic because of his pace and dribbling skills.

jmkWZ1.jpg

CrNKYw.jpg

another player was satisfied with the win.......

sKZ3Ox.jpg

The Media think I am keeping the ship afloat!

vruLYL.jpg

The team ended camp in a Buoyant mood!

lAzfnT.jpg

I don't want anybody to get too excited just yet! We are just putting the building blocks in place.

dwQoU1.jpg

It was a successful International Break with a win over both legs!

IgugEZ.jpg

Costa Rica, Canada, Mexico, and USA make the Semi-Finals!

Management Report

KqePH6.jpg

to be continued:

Yes, International Management is very different to Club Management. Hope you get used to it as you four years of it :lol:

I know this is a bit late in your save now but is there any chance you could snip your screenshots going forward please so that they don't include unnecessary stuff like the left-hand menu?

1 hour ago, Stuniverse said:

Yes, International Management is very different to Club Management. Hope you get used to it as you four years of it :lol:

I know this is a bit late in your save now but is there any chance you could snip your screenshots going forward please so that they don't include unnecessary stuff like the left-hand menu?

I will try to snip the "unnecessary" stuff. I also will probably have less screen shots going forward as well just the matches and the times around them.

• Hootieleece changed the title to [FM 24] On the Road with Hootie: A possible World Tour. Part 8: Uniting the USA

USMNT

avDQaw.jpg

March 2039: Nations League Semi-Final and Final

Manager's Thoughts

Since this was my first chance at silverware and we were set to play a tough Mexican Team. I brought back a lot of veterans for this International Break. I hope to "Blood" some youngsters in friendlies over the summer. The veteran team did as I expected and won the competition beating Mexico in the Semi-Finals and Canada in the Finals. This is all well and good but I need to identify the players of the future, but a winning tradition is a good building block to success.

Highlights

I took another long vacation after the Nation's League Quarterfinals. I returned to work about 6 weeks before the Semi-Final against Mexico!

image.png.3ce2a534d2e6baa620443448cfc71261.png

This was the hardest match we could have gotten versus our nemesis and rivals.

The World Rankings came out.....

image.png.03c07effe823d367371d50291e3a51e6.png

I then went on personal scouting trips to gauge who should be in the team for the big game.

image.png.81f570280e73165c852d97375a3ca71c.png

image.png.fdab94eaa067afe10d943086a939e703.png

image.png.3b59eb9215b32da6220e0101dbeddd14.png

As time came closer to name a squad, I was faced with a dilemma: Some of the players I wanted to use got injured playing for their club teams.

image.png.d9b376e059d01d59a24d0c66e8a974e1.png

I came up with a provisional Starting Lineup for the Semi-Final with the help of my Assman.

image.png.27990d30092e5b8f1c4045f8998b9b47.png

image.png.8e0362bb51e353b09cce7fc886bfef19.png

The Lineup was successful.....and we won it on a late set-piece by a sub making his first cap.

image.png.2e9bcd84b2fbacdfe5355bca51f95540.png

image.png.b16bae8830050a1fde70e50a62f5f547.png

I am happy we beat our rivals and they are upset about it! They better get used to it!

image.png.29530d988b98eddb6b74a92658816343.png

This is the Super-Sub that won us the match!

image.png.edf72dbfb0f6d64761b5432fccf4072c.png

Some other players made their debuts as well.

image.png.8fb72809f1f0137d0dec3e346684472d.png

I staked my claim to the trophy in the media to fire up the team!

image.png.68f67b03b5ef52a10f5142b81a6860bc.png

We were the favorites and wanted to put on a show in Jamaica!

image.png.8ab9b8a4f738c66ad1ffa4b3430f7f53.png

The Canadians put up tough fight sitting deep forcing us to breakdown their defense......They even scored first on a counterattack but then we found our way through and scored both our goals late to seal the victory!

image.png.7d283281fc529af2222314686ce79774.png

We were led by another Super-Sub!

image.png.c997c512cfe592aea422671456547a71.png

We are now back-to-back winners!

image.png.a9b44af011cde7d28505f1b6797f292a.png

The Canadian coach was mad at losing but he better get used to it like the Mexican Coach!

image.png.e33bdc228cb94ca06277e2836d08a79d.png

The fans are getting excited with me being in charge.

image.png.5f2e33b96d8cb730238ec7afc767dee6.png

We are now number Eight thanks to our trophy and beating Mexico!

image.png.925e4b1f7503e2b3dc6a704a07f18894.png

image.png.74e7ac25b6b65859aadd7024c8a61caf.png

image.png.07113708af7744d413e797e19ef3c225.png

I scheduled some friendlies for the summer so I can check on some younger players hopefully.

Management Report

image.png.c4432ee3973b76c21b59318b900b9376.png

to be continued:

11 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

I will try to snip the "unnecessary" stuff. I also will probably have less screen shots going forward as well just the matches and the times around them.

Thanks, @Hootieleece those new screenshots are much easier on the eye.

I have played the summer of 2039: The Gold Cup and will be posting tomorrow. (I have a lot of images to edit! (69) for a month, because I don't know what NOT to take a screenshot of to tell the story.)

USMNT

avDQaw.jpg

June-July 2039 Friendlies and Gold Cup

Manager's Thoughts

I introduced some younger players to the team, and they contributed to our victories in the less crucial matches. We reached the Gold Cup final but lost it in the second half and during the penalty shootout. This tournament was the last for several players, as I am building a team for the 2042 World Cup. With nine players over the age of 30, many won't be part of the squad in 2042.

Highlights

The time between the Nation's Cup and the next USMNT call up went well with me checking up on some players and finding out who we would be playing in the Gold Cup (North American: Euros) Group Stage.

image.png.69a794f82655dbf622c731189a80972c.png

We should have no problem with any of these teams and shouldn't really have to worry about anyone other than our Archrivals Mexico in the Final.

image.png.12dfef2d9f213b33e7d3fb89037b57c6.png

My former club fired my successor for not winning Ligue 1........

image.png.451af7a82f2fb5d7f55a3421f794aba0.png

As it got closer to call ups, I was seen at matches around the world to check on my players.

image.png.cf95bcf85270f43089a63fb52f06c2cc.png

I had a few weeks and a couple of Friendlies to play before the final list was turned in.

image.png.d1a26ee5980d85def0f8b5d43740a306.png

I had a couple of Friendlies to play first with some younger players in the squad.

image.png.faa9f14efda1c6d6bf3606cf8c8936b6.png

The first Friendly went well and I was surprised by our dominance of the 30th ranked team.

Fnp6dl.jpg

I rotated the squad and it was more of the same.....against the 46th ranked team.

image.png.192b16d2ee271e0d0dc9727c3b2270e3.png

For some reason the USA Duty ended a week before the Gold Cup began.

image.png.3f3d00e7b994498f3da89cad47fc9c3c.png

I made some last-minute adjustments due to injuries, but the team looked a lot like the one that played the friendlies.

image.png.5e14a8b64e50e45400e053b7511ae858.png

Some were shocked that I had left so many veterans out, but I am building towards World Cup 2042 not the glories of the past.

image.png.642da37fb032b1463e5cc6ab67f8617e.png

Looking back this is one I could have used during the final.

image.png.923e7995058617ebf5925e08528aeb63.png

My former club made a shock hire and I am not sure it is realistic.

GOLD CUP GROUP STAGE

image.png.5bf2b64965027b8c176f1aa1daceb08c.png

We had no real trouble in what was a practice session against Guyana was basically.

image.png.a6e7c6a59e17e8eecf0f8832bbb86bf5.png

This was supposed to be our toughest match, but we won it easily.....but they did score.

Gold Cup Knockout Rounds

image.png.69ef975d01e149b7111881a7588e44de.png

The team made it to the Knockout rounds that started with a Quarterfinal.

image.png.e258bef1c5cd537ea42ea29977d064a7.png

I reached a milestone I had never imagined when I began this odyssey in Wales.

image.png.07e9f307b8d9d3660f6db36d9c78ff7f.png

We were the expected favorites with a world ranking of 8th versus 69th!

image.png.2ddeca51578ed7579138dbea6cb44408.png

Gameday came and it was more of the same.......

image.png.727d9a25e1111b730ec69d9b38296865.png

A star in his prime was chosen over a wonderkid that scored a brace......

We then awaited who we would play in the Semi-Final:

image.png.f7b1c1195db5584ca64955b726515268.png

The tournament sponsors were evidently keen on a final showdown between Mexico and the USA.

image.png.c383b5f4aed2443a85c83438320bf830.png

We clobbered them and Mexico destroyed their opponents 8-0 in their Semi-Final!

Gold Cup Final

image.png.dc2286feb8fa0533b1b5a71f0079c198.png

The dream final was set to go ahead.

image.png.a5be107f4126d22fabfc793a84552f91.png

Selling out the "Big House" in Ann Arbor a dream come true........but how many will be USA fans?

image.png.bedef545771daa32c86845d5697c2146.png

Mexico was favored and that must be due to my selections for the national team. I left some big names out.

image.png.5d27b6b44a63c439f340b1d995aaef24.png

The buildup was like nothing I had seen before.......

image.png.18544821655f40789c7c6a0f3ea03dea.png

I had to back my boys and show confidence before the final.....

image.png.fd5b32d257176e8038e2b77acc2fb0d2.png

The defeat was agonizing, especially after going into halftime with a 2-0 lead.

image.png.e58e1a1c9eeadc5d53a8706d82263f67.png

This marked the final chapter for the "Old Guard." Looking ahead to the World Cup 2042, it's likely that many of these players will have retired.

image.png.b2a07fac45c5e6c5ede2c3582e3772f2.png
The U.S. men’s national team had a strong showing in the tournament, but their failure to secure victory on home soil was disappointing. Losing on penalties after being up 2-0 at halftime was particularly frustrating. The team feels they missed a golden opportunity and “bottled it.”

image.png.20f9b9d7a303b30f2b458f69532c7d32.png

The Board took a balanced view of the results.

vmNeij.jpg

In the presser after I said this loss will only motivate us to do better in the future!

image.png.603754c4d75a7adc25d64c3826cb75f8.png

Before I went back on vacation, I scheduled the Fall Friendlies.

Management Report

image.png.c0d96d0f39f2516710cb2bb398cd1c31.png

image.png.4669f5aa8a98a3e55514a5c81f7c5330.png

to be continued:

image.png