[FM 24] On the Road with Hootie: A possible World Tour. Part 8: Uniting the USA

Hootieleece

VQdcLm.jpg

September 2028: Regular Season

Manager's Thoughts

The team is playing well for our level. We have depth in the young backups who are showing they can dominate the league. Our Starters are having a harder time as expected in the Champions League, but in all life is pretty good. I was able to get my National A License and I will probably stay through another successful season to earn my Continental C Badge before moving to a bigger job. Since this is basically a League 2 team with delusions of grandeur that beats up on non-league teams for fun and profit.

Schedule

image.png.907c856d3f506894250280aba68f62d5.png

Highlights

avCI5d.jpg

By including our new signing in the Champion's League squad he is happy to remain a New Saint.

September also began with the closing of the Transfer Window and we were busy.

0W2omE.jpg

Herman was recalled for registration reasons after one match on loan. 

Below is an accounting of our transactions this transfer window.

IHyxJ1.jpg

D'Ath and Nema hurt our future, but both had absurdly low release clauses and there was nothing we could do. We spent to get quality players into the team. Agius had been a loan and I think he is a future star. Harry Evans has a chance to be a Welsh International if he stars for us and he is a significant upgrade on our previous goalkeeper Ferguson who was one of the best in the League.

The Defense of our Welsh Cup began with a match against some real minnows.

yW4EUJ.jpg

The backups did their job as required.

p9GnaJ.jpg

We will take on another minnow in the third round.

XlqHDR.jpg

Akinola no longer wants to leave but he is still exploring his options.

mKorQo.jpg

I believe our new striker will have impact.

xeLo51.jpg

We are the weakest team in the tournament. I will play my best players and hope for the best.

kfT8YG.jpg

We head to Belguim for a match and are big underdogs.

h2UQiN.jpg

jopI8x.jpg

gKZs27.jpg

We are lucky to be on the same pitch as these players in actuality.

5CQ25q.jpg

We escaped from Belgium with a draw and fistful of Dollars from the Champions League Piggy bank!

wJaYdW.jpg

Langstaff looked a little overawed by the situation, but I hope he plays better in the future.

G8J9lH.jpg

I now have my National A License after another successful season I will ask for another Coaching Course and then start looking for an exit. The Champion's League play and trophies help my resume, but this is basically running a League 2 team than beats up on non-league teams for fun and profit.

After the match in Brugge we came home to an early season test from Gap Connah's Quay in the League.

AxxRmO.jpg

We were big favorites, but I will be playing the backups anyway.

icc5nb.jpg

The Backups dominated and proved that we should run the league this season yet again.

vaKTJZ.jpg

Agius our big offseason acquisition is showing himself to be a player against our biggest rivals.

We then headed to Brittany for a match versus Rennes in the Champions League.

arsE9D.jpg

We were big underdogs again but we would play are best players and play bravely come what may.

uiUeyH.jpg

The hosts were helped by the referee, but we didn't play well either.

HnCUhL.jpg

The end of the month after the international break we had another match of 1vs.2 in the Cymru Premier League.

Sxv9Ko.jpg

The starters showed their mettle against a determined team.

nO2czN.jpg

Highlights at 11pm!

4TQ0xG.jpg

We are on a run that will be hard to stop.

League Table

0e0i4K.jpg

7eGJju.jpg

Monthly Analysis Report

NaFkbM.jpg

We are better than last year especially defensively and aren't the best defensive team yet!

Monthly Awards

I0wLJV.jpg

SruQxU.jpg

PtSeO2.jpg

I have one yet another Manager of the month award with these players its easy.

Management Report

4XCy5e.jpg

nPrmsT.jpg

RP2eYu.jpg

Monthly Financial Report

6UYfEr.jpg

Looking Ahead

image.png.a4358f2f30e84e0e7d882b8bf214329d.png

A busy month ahead with Bayern Munich visiting the match of the month!

to be continued:

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

VQdcLm.jpg

October 2028: Regular Season

Manager's Thoughts

The team continued its domination of the local teams going using mostly our young backup players. Our Starters did play matches mostly in cup and didn't play quite as well. With the obvious terrible loss to Bayern Munich. It was expected but it was still shocking. I had the starters play a few more matches this month in the league to regain their morale. We are the best team in the league by far but for some reason. We aren't considered the best defensive team in the league when we only give up .4 goals/match!  We also find what I suspected ro be the case TNS doesn't have a good Youth System and does a Bayern and buys youngsters from other teams. We are trying to change that, but it is a long hard road that I will probably not see the end of.

Schedule

image.png.66a7e89cd6105634e8cebc3a2e8975e7.png

Highlights

The month opened with a match against Penybont in the League.

4FrUcs.jpg

The Backups dominated as expected.

t14zwi.jpg

The understudy AP-A is making a name for himself being Player of the Match and Player of the Week!

qR9BM9.jpg

The next match would see us travel to Hampden Park in Scotland for a Cup Tie.

We were facing a Scottish Championship Team and would deploy the starters for a tricky match.

C8C61J.jpg

It was a tricky match in that they survived our barrage and we only scored once for all our domination of the match!

T5ji8D.jpg

By winning we added another match to our Dance Card that is quickly filling up!

ntZrX0.jpg

Unfortunately, we lost our starting Right Back for Three weeks!

kWrtCz.jpg

The Welsh Cup was next and the Backups took care of business.

LDbcrW.jpg

Agius is paying back his transfer Fee with performances like this!

Q8k9qJ.jpg

It was another match for the backups, and they weren't at their best, but we won anyway.

lmDDzm.jpg

Someone on the Met Uni team got hurt.....boo hoo!

58JTI4.jpg

We only play that way to combat the other teams more "physical" approach against us!

GzD5ES.jpg

In the next round of the Welsh Cup we get a tricky match after dispatching minnows.

fIyvwe.jpg

Bayern Munich is coming to town and this is How they setup.....

Y6gLqw.jpg

A large number of tourists are coming to see us, so we will play in Cardiff!

v2OIkT.jpg

We as expected are big underdogs!

zHYiyL.jpg

GHsYYt.jpg

etLOyu.jpg

We played bravely except for our goalie and our midfield linchpin who got sent off. They are just better than us!

lyhH6W.jpg

fq8OCh.jpg\

Our Captain missed a penalty....that would have made it more respectable.

QiQTzM.jpg

By xG it should have been 3-1 or 3-2!

JfwRlT.jpg

We are not leading the league in players produced.....that needs to change!

cdicdf.jpg

The backups held their own and dominated another relegation threatened team in the league.

EVwFbG.jpg

Langstaff came off the bench and scored......finally!

IACgcp.jpg

Stellios Pittas the backup Right back was the story of the match.

PmewyL.jpg

Our Closest competitors changed coaches as the old head coach went elsewhere because he couldn't deal with our relentless charge up the table!

LEaj66.jpg

In the League Cup the Backups were always in control, even after giving up the first goal!

3ix4cQ.jpg

We lost our Captain for a month.

A5LvBL.jpg

Langstaff came off the bench and banged a couple in for fun! It is good seeing him find form. We'll need it down the stretch in February, March, and April.

vVri8n.jpg

The League Cup also throws up a tricky match.

oVIof6.jpg

We played Carmarthen town and I used the Starters for once because this was a better team, and it was just a few days after the Goytre United match.

J5fnUG.jpg

That was the last match of the month and this shows our level of domination in the league!

JtVfRo.jpg

The usual suspects have the best Youth Academies!

League Table

Ibfzr1.jpg

b1pPEQ.jpg

Monthly Analysis Report

ML7RVj.jpg

QarM3b.jpg

Even though we give up only .4 goals/match we are still considered the worst defensive team in the league, I think it is because we have the ball most of the time and just don't have that many defensive actions.

Player of the Month

nPceCD.jpg

Management Report

ini2oE.jpg

zTYJHK.jpg

CHBQ3e.jpg

Monthly Financial Report

OV2LQk.jpg

Looking Ahead

image.png.bc868b5521d952d616a1e089442d4419.png

to be continued:

VQdcLm.jpg

November 2028: Regular Season

Manager's Thoughts

The team is playing well, and the only loss was as expected to Lazio. The team is beginning to show signs of complacency and fatigue even with the rotation we have been on since the beginning of the season. Also, ALL teams in our league have resorted to a Low Block "Park the Bus" style against us that is beginning to frustrate the players and me as a manager. I will have to look into the Datahub more closely like others to find out my opponents' weaknesses and exploit them.  Also of concern is the amount of matches we will play. We are on track to play somewhere between 55-60 competitive matches between league and Cups.  Even with the massive amounts of rotation I have been doing ALL players in my First Team will have at least 30 appearances except for the Goalkeepers.

Schedule

image.png.a8870f31a1828990a0d188cd70c84c15.png

Highlights

The month opened with the team in Rome taking on Lazio in the Champions League. I decided to play more defensively than I did against Bayern. Just to keep the score respectable.

wqfboH.jpg

We played well against them even though we were outclassed. The ref didn't help either.

cMTXJn.jpg

Unfortunately we lost our best defender for a Month!

The team returned to playing Wales against Bala Town.

lB8j7p.jpg

I played the backups because the Starters were tired from the Lazio match and had Olympiakos in a few days time. I was upset with the players not finding a way to score against a low block.

Mcj7QQ.jpg

Our Next match would see us host Olympiakos in Cardiff!

6v75uX.jpg

It was a dream night for all of us at TNS beating the Greek Champions and running away with it. (I think it was due to them not being in a loaded league)

DouoIY.jpg

Show us the money! This paid the Player and Staff salaries for the Year!

XWnVQh.jpg

Our playmaker was at his best against Olympiakos.

DCWI17.jpg

Smallest Crowd Ever to see a famous Victory!

4e1kks.jpg

The Top Ten remain pretty much the same.

b5t1ws.jpg

I am reaching a milestone I hope the players put on a show for me!

2RnZNt.jpg

We won it late having trouble unlocking the low block.

CXXB4C.jpg

Our Domination of the League is almost complete!

The next match would be played by the Starters because it was a 1 vs. 2 matchup at Gap Connah's Quay.

mkNuo2.jpg

We were favored but needed to put in a good shift against our title rivals.

GsEbiM.jpg

Our title rivals played like a relegation threatened team on their home ground and "Parked the Bus" We couldn't unlock their defense and get the needed goal in the Six-Pointer!

The next match was to be "Fan Day" at Park Hall Stadium against my old side Conwy.

image.png.1975a9317d6cab5d5a671cb68a14f347.png

KlKTs4.jpg

4mU1RC.jpg

The Fan Day was a success with the victory by the half-rotated side.

NvHheZ.jpg

But we also paid a price with one of our up and coming players suffering a terrible injury!

The team then went on the road against Caernarfon Town and won the match!

hBqNbg.jpg

Even though the team was missing 5 players due to international call-ups!

vQgI2A.jpg

During the International Break one of our players scored an international goal

The last match of the month was versus Haverfordwest in third place.

xSF8hf.jpg

We were favored but I expected their best shot......

x4LAgs.jpg

It ended in a draw......

PM5eNU.jpg

We should have won but our finishing has been letting us down even though we hit the crossbar and post THREE times during this match.

Tpp87U.jpg

We are still unbeaten in the league, but somethings need to change as I am beginning to see complacency set in.

League Table

vikx1x.jpg

tajSII.jpg

Monthly Analysis Report

qyFvKE.jpg

3ezRmf.jpg

Monthly Awards

pf2CMr.jpg

guT07c.jpg

W34CRj.jpg

Management Report

jjJIgg.jpg

TAato9.jpg

dShZCM.jpg

Monthly Financial Report

obdimK.jpg

Looking Ahead

image.png.adf5184fa56e20c97bc46fb2b5ae3c8c.png

to be continued:

VQdcLm.jpg

December 2028: Regular Season

Manager's Thoughts

I was getting frustrated with the draws caused by the opponents setting up in low blocks. I decided to change a few roles in the Starters to their favored roles and that opened up play. I had been playing Langstaff as a PF-A when I should have been playing him as a Poacher all along. He had been decent as a PF but making him a Poacher ignited his goal scoring touch and made the team much more capable. This was shown almost immediately with a huge win against a hapless side. It is yet to be seen if this will continue against better teams even though early results from the SPFL Challenge Cup are encouraging. The goals for the season are at a minimum a Domestic Double but a Quadruple is possible. The Champion's League is not one of them......sorry folks, it was just a cash grab. That makes the team's future secure.

Schedule

image.png.348b8fc08fce6da16f89d25cae474289.png

Highlights

We started the month against Colwyn Bay and continued our turgid form.....at least we didn't lose!

czbl28.jpg

The Low Block Defense is frustrating me, and I will be adjusting roles to help break them down.

We then hosted Freiburg in the Champions League in Cardiff......

dKGAAM.jpg

We setup defensively and it frustrated them, but our own finishing was poor while they finally broke us down and scored twice.

PHEj4T.jpg

My boys needed a morale boost that the other manager thought they played well after dismissing us as a team in pre-match comments!

With some time between matches I decided to re-sign some players for the future and for depth purposes.

6kvjWC.jpg

A depth signing....second string RCB.

wFG9E5.jpg

De Kok is possibly the best midfielder at the Club but shares the AP-A role with Williams.

7JoUYw.jpg

The captain is happy coming off the bench and would be the starter if it weren't for Langstaff.

s79Vz4.jpg

We then headed to Scotland for another match where the opposition didn't setup in a low block and we ran rampant!

KkvQdb.jpg

The Academy is just terrible!

i4wAUe.jpg

In wider world news Pochettino got the sack from Chelsea.

MZrRDq.jpg

The low block was out in full force!

ricEMt.jpg

We are still unbeaten, but these draws are worrying!

ffEPFR.jpg

Second String BWM-S will probably be promoted to starters next season.

H1kd2f.jpg

I adjusted three roles. Langstaff became his favored role of poacher, The BWM-S became a Mezzala, and finally the DL became and It worked to perfection. Helped by the opposition Red Card.

ddKsLb.jpg

My old team can't find a decent manager.......and are floundering because the team plays more defensively now.

TRzwE9.jpg

We broke down the Low Block but we were hit on the counter as well.......sort of ugly but a win is a win!

ZYD08h.jpg

De Kok is pushing for a first team place! Leading the Backups to a tough victory!

XdykG6.jpg

The next match was against 12th placed and relegation bound Porthmadog. We were rampant against the hopeless team even though they played the Low Block.

32r7ot.jpg

Tyrese Shade put in a shift even if it was against inferior opponents.

Oom95B.jpg

A young player who wasn't good enough and was whining about playing time........

uAllbY.jpg

I wiped out that stain on our record even if it was my Conwy team that created the record against us.

tlI2OQ.jpg

The Right back was locked down to a long-term deal and was perfect age profile for it.

zR8KDN.jpg

A Half -Rotated team did the honors of beating them after a slow start.

zOScQy.jpg

Agius keeps making plays will probably be first team next season unless Shade keeps up the performances.

Js3OPE.jpg

We are dominating the league like we should. I would like to see a few more wins though!

AGmxEX.jpg

As the new transfer window opens up, I am NOT looking for a spending spree but will look to poach youth from League teams.

League Table

aH8clP.jpg

UyMk50.jpg

Monthly Analysis Report

HvfXM0.jpg

Monthly Awards

Player of the Month

8oIFoC.jpg

The change to the Poacher Role has ignited his best performances and goal scoring touch.

FKFMKk.jpg

We just keep being the best by being unbeatable.....even if it isn't fair.

Management Report

I4WjUm.jpg

4iV4jC.jpg

3591yT.jpg

Monthly Financial Report

7CxzYc.jpg

Looking Ahead

image.png.4e18bb441ed93b08c1a1693d0e6dd68e.png

to be continued:

MniJTq.jpg

January 2029: Regular Season

Manager's Thoughts

We played eight fixtures in January and lost two, but they were to Inter and Liverpool in the Champions League. We dispatched all of our rivals in the remaining matches and won our first trophy of the season in the Welsh League Cup. Returning it to its proper home of Park Hall Stadium. The Team has the capability to win Three more trophies this season and I will be rotating the squad with that in mind. We will be most likely to be favored in our remaining contests but will have to do a professional job to accomplish the feat of a Quadruple. Our biggest opponent is actually complacency. If we win the Quadruple, I think I have accomplished all I can at TNS and will join the staff exodus by looking for a new job at the end of my contract.

Schedule

image.png.b4762a6b965336498ac79be89d4d67bb.png

Highlights

e6JRyu.jpg

Signed him to be next years backup keeper.

The team opened the month with a match against the Carmarthen Town.

1hBnk8.jpg

A half-rotated squad made short work of the hosts.

kYTFtT.jpg

The backup Left Back had a day for himself.

kBxaoR.jpg

The League Cup Final is next.....

13us2F.jpg

I took a player on trial for the month and I may sign him.

RUqjdX.jpg

This sets up a final we should be winning.

lgHuVV.jpg

We on top of the table and have no real serious competition for the title. Gap Connay's Quay is closest but they are 15 points back.

VCHA91.jpg

10 matches against each of the others Home and away for the title and we have a commanding lead.

Cs0bOI.jpg

A half-rotated side took care of the match with another victory this time in the SPFL Challenge Cup.

v1dSrG.jpg

Haynes the backup AMR-IW-S had himself a day in front of goal.

GjisXR.jpg

We will play Dundee in the Semi-Final.....we want the trophy!

0PrSF0.jpg

I signed Macaulay Langstaff to return for next season and he took a pay cut to stay!

The Welsh League Cup Final was next.

YlkDZc.jpg

M78hWN.jpg

Bala Town gave us a scare late, but we dominated proceedings.

LW70Vr.jpg

BvNGdW.jpg

We were the favorites and won it! It is back in its rightful home after being at Gap Connah's Quay for a year.

Sh8zOQ.jpg

After winning the trophy I asked for a coaching course. My contract ends at the end of the season, and I am planning to leave if we win the Quadruple! Most of the staff want to leave for bigger teams as well.

The next match was a real thrill for a Liverpool Fan.....a trip to Anfield!

dQVfrQ.jpg

I was under no illusions about winning the match so I decided to play defensive and play the backups.

kLOMQh.jpg

QnarGr.jpg

I agree with Klopp but my boys don't need to hear that from me.

wKHW4b.jpg

We played awful...the occasion got to the young players the Goalie kept it close......even though he gave up 4 goals!

3V1oAE.jpg

EY5fHY.jpg

As a Liverpool fan I gave him my approval for beating us singlehandedly!

KkkLJ7.jpg

We ended up signing a new backup Right back for next season from a Cymru Premier League team.

9qlJN0.jpg

The next match saw us take on Bala Town and they would see the Starters now that we are near the Business end of the season.

TYUmUc.jpg

It was a rout!

PELXPx.jpg

Callum Agius our big offseason signing set up the scoring with his passing.

eAp1Va.jpg

Our backup Goalkeeper will be in the Championship or Premeir League next season!

mUvb81.jpg

The last match of our Champions League run was upon us. Playing Inter in Cardiff.

oBbXrF.jpg

Even if we some how won our season was over.

HGXnOw.jpg

A legendary Striker had just another Hat-Trick against us.

mm0zaO.jpg

Making the Group Phase was an accomplishment!

HGHg9Y.jpg

Now that Champion's League is over the league and Cups will see our starters and that we mean business!

7Oqqca.jpg

Our backup keeper is moving up in the world! We would never pay that much for a backup! our First-Choice keeper only makes $150k a year.

RIsq9i.jpg

Checking in on Sammy D'Ath if he wanted to return.....

If8FW2.jpg

The next match was at our nearest Competition in the League's stadium, but we were comfortable favorites. The Starters would start and let the chips fall where they may!

RlRuXf.jpg

We dominated proceeding they got an Early goal with a Set-Piece Corner even though we practiced defending Corners!

srsdQr.jpg

Their Manager better get used to losing to us!

0kLrcU.jpg

We're up by 15 points with a game in hand it is almost time to put the league race to bed!

gqBJfH.jpg

Daniel Williams our AP-A led the line and the team against Gap Connah's Quay.

AJfk3L.jpg

Two Days later the Backups played in a tricky match at HaverfordWest.

CgmzYY.jpg

The youngsters dominated.....being exposed to Champion League has helped them play better.....the late goal was due to lack of focus!

sO844D.jpg

The captain, who leads the backups, led the team by example to victory.

c3swiV.jpg

I decided not to sign the trialist. He wasn't bad but he really wasn't much better than what we already had.

XCtABt.jpg

League Table

79Pxgo.jpg

879CGC.jpg

Monthly Analysis Report

Wdxyor.jpg

Monthly Awards

y601VW.jpg

Yuf8CB.jpg

0fnykY.jpg

If I keep winning this award they might name it after me!

Management Report

VMNigC.jpg

icRqge.jpg

Z32y19.jpg

Monthly Financial Report

KXm6tX.jpg

Looking Ahead

image.png.c592a82834f9697e5702cbd349bf4583.png

to be continued:

MniJTq.jpg

February 2029: Regular Season

Manager's Thoughts

It was another month of playing the as the favorites and doing the expected. We clinched the league championship with 6 matches to play. We are in the Semi-Final of the Welsh Cup and the Final of the SPFL Challenge Cup. The only thing that is keeping me going is can we remain undefeated and complete the Quadruple. Even is I don't accomplish those goals I am going to leave Wales for fields a new to conquer because this has become tedious and boring. At least with some trophies and a Continental License (C) I shoud be able to attract a decent team or two on the open market.

Schedule

image.png.c5a905dab166b8e9ad0bf7e26a9e29a1.png

Highlights

The Transfer Window closed with no "Big Splash" moves a couple of our competitors brought in loans to battle for second place.

jFI0jz.jpg

We were then set to play Dundee United at Park Hall Stadium in the SPFL Challenge Cup Quarterfinals.

9lz5La.jpg

We were favored at home over the Scottish Championship Team. They were going to be missing a few players.

uHFVOK.jpg

We beat them soundly but on another day it could have gone a different way.....

WzPVXU.jpg

Tyrese Shade played AML-IF-A like a master in the match!

Hr19IQ.jpg

As a result of the victory we have to travel to Scotland for the Semifinal. Hopefully this time we can win.....

LFMVex.jpg

We are on pace to beat last season's points which was a record!

EVakpt.jpg

We played Colwyn Bay and had a chance to clinch the league championship and we did it. I give Colwyn credit they never gave up and gave us a fight, but our League Championship was inevitable. We are now trying to remain unbeaten for the rest of the season.

ajLIor.jpg

Two Trophies down with Two to Go!

Oe2t9E.jpg

This is why I am leaving.....it is a chore to go through every match where you're the favorite and there is no real competition except for yourselves.

xzagEh.jpg

Another reason an unknown American Coach reaching the Welsh Hall of Fame in four seasons.

yc9UCv.jpg

Checked off an objective!

0dw3IP.jpg

Clinched the title with SIX matches to go!

The next match was against Caernarfon Town and was a laugher for the Backups....

8xgVyy.jpg

We penned them in the low block and kept running down the long kicks from their Goalkeeper to recycle possession.

The next match was against Newtown FC from Cymru North in the Quarterfinals of the Welsh Cup.

HrdGyM.jpg

We were favored and I had the starters playing as we are now chasing silverware.

l4VvS1.jpg

Again we had a tough battle and Newtown gave it their all but it wasn't enough for my now Champions league seasoned campaigners. GK Complacency led to their two goals.

The Domestic Cup GK who is headed for Nottingham Forest just lost his job!

cyVx1v.jpg

He really isn't better than his understudy but he keeps the machine ticking.....

Bp92qL.jpg

The winner of the Semi-Final should win the Welsh Cup as we are up against our nearest competitors!

We then finished the month in Bala Town for a match using the starters.....

RPsfrB.jpg

utter domination!

y9WJG6.jpg

The Anchorman drove the team forward!

League Table

nhcpVs.jpg

u5EXBs.jpg

Monthly Analysis Report

RXbygo.jpg

y0hz1n.jpg

Because we possess the ball so much, we don't have enough defensive statistics even though we have the most clean sheets!

Monthly Awards

nDyZoW.jpg

adCVdJ.jpg

Management Report

AVx68Q.jpg

PbB3fN.jpg

N4ai5R.jpg

Monthly Financial Report

T2vytx.jpg

Looking Ahead

image.png.6eeba1e54c169cf1551e32241ce65590.png

to be continued:

MniJTq.jpg

March 2029: Regular Season

Manager's Thoughts

We played two league matches, One Cup Final and a Friendly and were victorious in all of them. My mind is made up, I'm leaving at the end of the season and am doing everything I can to leave on top in Wales. Two more matches to an "Invincible" Season and on Cup final from a Quadruple. As to where I could go it depends on what jobs open up after I resign after the Welsh Cup. I would look forward to working in Europe again depending on the team and country but a chance to manage in the MLS might be the best thing for an American manager (or at least realistic) after some success in Europe starting as a neophyte. First though I have to finish the season strong!

Schedule

image.png.86baa6d759eaa8da1e305d35642ec425.png

Highlights

The month of March started with a match against Haverfordwest.

o572m8.jpg

We were favored and put on a good display after an embarrassing first goal for the opposition.

95wGa8.jpg

Our Next match was to be a Fan Day against our rivals!

VGMxrE.jpg

WeGsyh.jpg

The Youth Facilities are better than the First Team Training Facilities!

tnWsAl.jpg

It was Fan day and we were favored in the match!

GrG9wo.jpg

Our Rivals put up a fight making the match a good show, but superior firepower won the day!

9dFlYs.jpg

Crowd was all of 500!

7Sq69F.jpg

A player that got injured and then never featured was let go through mutual termination.

JVzjtJ.jpg

The Young Star Midfielder is going to miss the rest of the season!

KTNBNF.jpg

The Youth intake improved due to the new facilities? It had been all E's and F's

These are the two best players.

7dNWYH.jpg

GK7GtM.jpg

Both have a chance of playing for the First Team next season because of the 2 u-19 players in a game day squad!

PIrlxK.jpg

I played a friendly for match fitness since I hadn't been rotating the players as much after Champions League ended.

us1DwK.jpg

Unfortunately, because of the friendly our captain and backup Striker will mill the next month!

gNzN8G.jpg

The GM signed the SIX best players, and I didn't sign any of the others as I agreed they weren't good enough!

We then had to play Gap Connah's Quay again in the Welsh Cup Semi-Final

3oT64x.jpg

We are still favored even though we have injuries and International Call ups!

lfOrju.jpg

Just Stating the obvious.....

DtwPAk.jpg

Our Striker came through with a brace and we played "lockdown" defense!

ZDuMmZ.jpg

We will now play Haverfordwest in the Final of the Welsh Cup. I am confident we can win it!

aFpmHZ.jpg

Two trophies down and two to go for the Quadruple!

bIw3tv.jpg

We were travelling to Scotland for the SPFL Challenege Cup Final.

0TzWVp.jpg

We were favored to win......

68Tyhr.jpg

First time in the Final of this Cup! In it to win it!

yXPlzV.jpg

We won the hard fought final but Ayr United's being sent down to ten men was decisive in our victory in Extra Time!

yDSeOl.jpg

Three down and one to go!

kjhdvm.jpg

but there was one unfortunate casualty of our victory.....

2fILAB.jpg

zbZ9O7.jpg

Our Star Right Back will most likely miss the Welsh Cup Final!

l45pz1.jpg

In all it was a successful cup campaign!

3Mj80p.jpg

Referees have Difficult jobs sometimes we need to remember they are only Human.....

z3e6id.jpg

Our Captain is named as a possible Player of the Year and he's a backup!

NZDZBo.jpg

Our U-19's Head Coach left to take the Shrewsbury job could others be far behind?

I4gUoW.jpg

Here Come the Regens!

rxwkr2.jpg

The board wanted to negotiate an extension I made a decision to wait until after the Welsh Cup Final to make my decision!

League Table

UWHguv.jpg

2YoM29.jpg

Monthly Analysis Report

IOUmSr.jpg

kUff7p.jpg

Monthly Awards

QJ0xSb.jpg

vocvcO.jpg

If I keep winning these, I'm sure to get a job right if I leave?

Management Report

AC97cT.jpg

Monthly Financial Report

RvEmiE.jpg

Looking Ahead

image.png.4560c31db6fbbcb1ec26b25c35a4bc3f.png

to be continued:

Edited by Hootieleece
added words I forgot

MniJTq.jpg

April 2029: Regular Season

Manager's Thoughts

We won all three matches left on the schedule and completed the Quadruple and an Invincible Season. It is time to leave Wales as there is nothing left to accomplish. I was offered an extension to my contract, but I left it on my desk while I thought about my future. Most likely I was going to leave.....

Schedule

image.png.c0f68309634152dffdcd2ba95485fb23.png

Highlights

The penultimate match of the league season would take place against Caernarfon Town on the Road.

rMNnKv.jpg

We were favored and I would play the strongest team available to me!

0BAYJM.jpg

We played relentlessly and finally broke down their defense in the second half and added another near fulltime!

GGo6Oy.jpg

We've been unbeaten for more than a year....and more than a season!

InCiO1.jpg

We broke our own record on goals in a season a shame we won't make 100!

5YTBT7.jpg

Walton was a young player on loan and I delegated responsibility for his contract to the GM. Since I was intent on leaving at the end of the season.

nGfMYw.jpg

The last match would be held in Colwyn Bay and we would be favored as always!

Bf43QD.jpg

One more win and another record!

dedI8Z.jpg

We did it it wasn't even a contest it was like shooting practice.......it just took time to defeat the low block!

OiYCcM.jpg

After the Champion's League Money this pays for bar bill at the end of the season!

mW5Ert.jpg

INVINCIBLE! 27-5-0!

TnuwwE.jpg

We won Fourteen matches straight to end the season!

60Jcjh.jpg

Next Up was the Welsh Cup Final! Could we retain the Cup?

SOrzNh.jpg

As with every match except Champions League we were big favorites!

em0LmH.jpg

Haverfordwest would be without their best player......

VYAvbW.jpg

The six players that were signed from the youth intake were the "Scholars"!

Match Day came and we were ready for Glory.....but was it meant to be?

d6jWvd.jpg

another day at the office......WE WON THE QUADRUPLE!

s6gcfH.jpg

4lXtAM.jpg

Checked off an objective!

jGYwZZ.jpg

Kanu was our man of the match!

HdJc61.jpg

It was a good run and we finished it with style!

4FADfG.jpg

I just want to win but need a new challenge!

HIIVMO.jpg

The Board has no Idea what to do with its Champions League money! One reason I want to leave!

kuKnLn.jpg

t771W7.jpg

The captain said they couldn't have done it without me.....I'm touched!

HK7mwe.jpg

Even though we had the most successful season ever we lost followers on social media.

9ZhpgX.jpg

We were the best Attacking team by far even though most of our opponents sat back and "Parked the Bus" against us.

z4e8vH.jpg

The team finished the season in a good place!

League Table

uf9XT7.jpg

Dominated the League Stats: Top two Scorers!

kopf2Q.jpg

Monthly Awards

RIEU39.jpg

NrO9PD.jpg

Management Report

w2thpT.jpg

5YpRjp.jpg

OXAatv.jpg

Monthly Financial Report

VOSrXX.jpg

Looking Ahead

LgNRX4.jpg

I left it on my desk......

to be continued:

48 minutes ago, keeper#1 said:

Leave it there.  Nothing left to accomplish at TNS 

12 minutes ago, Rikulec said:

Yup, looks like the perfect time to move on. :thup:

That is the plan.....I have already played ahead and have a new team. I will reveal shortly.

May 2029: The Offseason

Highlights

NmXnGx.jpg

3Rd8KO.jpg

I slept on the extension offer but submitted my letter of resignation the next day.

fmWfcv.jpg

After my resignation came the pundits explaining who would replace me!

VoZKHB.jpg

Moving on was the right decision I had done everything possible there and had hit the ceiling of what they could accomplish.

It was time for me to find a new team that was bigger than TNS.....

6ZbKcl.jpg

An interesting development that I hadn't paid attention to while I was busy winning the Quadruple!

xIZpZq.jpg

This is my local team! Getting the job would be a homecoming for me.

HBTBcm.jpg 

Both of these teams for me were bigger than TNS and bigger than the League One sides (Salford, Forest Green, and Reading) my aide was trying to get me to interview with!

J39C9R.jpg

The Fans didn't know what they were missing and the fact that I was one of them hurt!

plSAco.jpg

I don't know where I'll land but it needs to be bigger than TNS. Which is the equivalent of a League Two Club that got lucky with me at the helm.

StvRsm.jpg

The Revolution manager was fired, and I sent off my resume. I also emailed Brest in France and a couple of others.

XQD0wA.jpg

I attended the interview and tried to convince them I was their man! I even offered to stop talking to other teams if they were serious about hiring me!

rr9TRp.jpg

omNjlz.jpg

I was asked about the rumors and confirmed them!

EIawsJ.jpg

In other managerial world news, Guardiola to Chelsea!

ltslOT.jpg

The Fans had a change of mind once they found out I was the "Hometown" candidate.

T5HkUJ.jpg

sePzww.jpg

TNS hired this guy to replace me....he should keep the 4-3-3 working for the team.

Xw3PTU.jpg

As the month ended without a job. My aide suggested that I apply with these teams instead of the League One ones before.....

I did nothing and this offer letter came in an email.

mi15hF.jpg

A Two Year Contract for SIX Times what I was making at TNS with my Hometown team!

Where do I sign!

DaoBQv.jpg

I beat Jason Kreis out for the job! My Champions League pedigree did me a solid I think!

IasSxz.jpg

I have a big job ahead of me at one of my favorite teams......but this isn't the last stop on the "World Tour". It is just the next logical step in my career!

to be continued:

9 hours ago, keeper#1 said:

Revs, eh.  Good luck but not too much.  Philly Union supporter here.

I'm a Liverpool and Revs supporter IRL, so it made sense.

Now that the season is over, I can commend you on being a Philly Union supporter and a few FM's ago I led them to glory.

3 hours ago, Troops said:

Interesting move. Keen to see how it goes. Apologies if I've missed this but which leagues do you have loaded?

image.png.00647a3c6d7f3e6068f94d062bbebdec.png

image.png.0cbcb50cbdccdaeb2ebe7f82c0f71196.png

37 minutes ago, Carambau said:

Wow this should be interesting. Wasnt expecting this move! Good luck with the Revolution :) 

Well it was to good an offer for this hometown boy to refuse!

SsaRq5.png

June 2029: Regular Season

Manager's Thoughts

The team was in disarray at the bottom of the table, and I needed to get stuck in right away because the team is in the middle of its season unlike in Europe. MLS is a March-November League. There is a lull in the schedule coming up in July when transfers from Europe come to the league and there is a Leagues Cup Competition that helps the new players get used to the league. The team had quite a few players (starters) on the injured list and their best player on the disabled list (forced to miss 6 matches and needs to be reregistered for the team).  The team was forced to learn the Gegen press that had worked for me in Wales and it led to mixed results. The support staff was small and needed to be expanded as well to be up to actual standards of a pro league.  I did my best to set things right but there is a lot of work ahead of me if we are to win trophies in New England!

Highlights

The introductory board meeting showed me that this was a much larger club than TNS. Even though I already knew that being a supporter.

4D4slg.jpg

The club was at a nadir in its fortunes it was in last place in the MLS Eastern Conference and desperately needed a "New Manager Bounce" So instead of studying the club and working out the best way to use the squad I jumped right in and decided to use my Gegen press approach that worked in Wales.

RIA9ZA.jpg

The Board reminded me of its expectations all relatively low hurdles even though the team was the worst in MLS right now!

I decided to install the formations and tactics that worked in Wales and this is what the assistant said we would look like with available players:

EJxYIf.jpg

The 4-3-3 will be our primary formation, but that might change after I have spent more time evaluating the Squad.

ARnQpj.jpg

The 4-2-3-1 DM Wide might end up being the ticket.......

Ra4DJo.jpg

The 4-2-4 Wide will probably NOT be played.

lPIYJd.jpg

How the Social Media Followers took my appointment!

7tNcSx.jpg

In my opening press conference I stated I was happy to be the manager and expected to get stuck in immediately!

9CsCFk.jpg

I didn't have long to wait as the next day I was headed to North Carolina to play Charlotte in the US Open (FA Cup) Quarterfinals and see us play for the first time.

We played well but wilted in the second half due to a lack of conditioning. We had our chances but could not beat their keeper.

LECaiP.jpg

Other teams are circling for our players......I'm not going to transfer anyone until I evaluate the squad properly.

8Ifwmv.jpg

A few days later we returned home to Foxboro to play DC United another team that isn't playing the best.

peb6hV.jpg

We ended up with a draw which is better than the first outing.

2nMMaL.jpg

With that match I became acquainted with the injured list and the lack of physios and sports scientists.

I then put in advertisements for another physio and sport scientist.

KclfpN.jpg

Our backup Striker who had been starting for the past month due to injuries finally scored!

ZB6BLn.jpg

We need goals if we are to get off the bottom of the table......and I just came from a team that scored goals for fun!

wl5Kg4.jpg

We then had to travel to Ohio and the Queen City of Cincinnati for our next match.

WIOsNJ.jpg

I want to score goals and figure the defense out later......we need goals first and foremost as we are one of the most goal shy teams in the league!

CidsEy.jpg

We scored and played defense.....because our gegen press approach surprised them!

WFKDQa.jpg

I gave a player his debut......but he might not stay.......due to registration rules and the superstar player on the Disabled list!

FkAvNg.jpg

I enjoy winning!

JSfoie.jpg

In Wider World News these teams will play in the Champions League!

hBjed4.jpg

Another terrible injury to ad to our woes......

r6uv0K.jpg

We then returned home to take on another abysmal team the Vancouver Whitecaps!

jxQXQu.jpg

The opposing manager had nothing to say.....

HgSmzv.jpg

The Gegen press and playing on the front foot allowed us to score early and sit back and defend from the front!

5GNHeI.jpg

Our Captain and Defensive Stalwart was the man of the match!

jxLHNU.jpg

The Coach I beat out for the NE Revolution job is now in Montreal......

kNysB4.jpg

One of our better DM's hurts himself during training.....and is out for a month!

Pufjoh.jpg

After the match in Cincinnati we the headed to Ohio's Capital Columbus for our next match.

ktgUG1.jpg

We battled hard but it wasn't meant to be.....

ZX92Lz.jpg

Another player is hurt at least it won't affect that long.....

After the first few matches in charge I was beginning to get a feel for the team and was better able to evaluate it.

u4ro8M.jpg

image.png.6f1e8aaa8155027ac9a92c50885ec93d.png

As you can see we have talent at the back and in the midfield but the AM Strata is lacking and the Strikers are dependent on one player. Some of this is due to registration and Salary Cap Rules and the fact the team can only have 30 players, That sound like a lot but with the arcane registration rules and salary cap it often leads to unbalanced squads.

I may decide to play 5-2-1-2 WB in the future if I keep most of these players next season. Right Now I am just trying to get results with about 2/3 of the season complete. There will be no playoffs or trophies this season. That is for next year.

One of the first things I did after the evaluation phase was to create mentoring groups.

jtCJVn.jpg

I also brought in about 5 people to add to the staff in all areas. To give us a decent base going forward.

XeztV7.jpg

The final match of the month of June came and was against the Philadelphia Union one of the better teams in MLS.

8UteZ6.jpg

dus5ak.jpg

We battled hard as the players are getting used to the Gegen press and players are returning to the lineup, but it wasn't enough for victory.

League Table

9NXQcl.jpg

GmuV6Y.jpg

Monthly Analysis Report

ktrNcw.jpg

Giving up more goals than we are scoring is a definite concern....considering the makeup of the team.

Player of the Month

qwnOEN.jpg

Management Report

fCuJGG.jpg

Monthly Financial Report

OHj42Z.jpg

to be continued:

SsaRq5.png

July 2029: Regular Season/Season Break

Manager's Thoughts

The team is making progress but we are still inconsistent. It also doesn't help that the team really isn't suited to the Gegen press and is more suited to wing play. With that in mind I developed a new formation and playing style. A 5-2-1-2WB that I will work and really use once matches start in the regular season. I used it several times during the month and saw some success. I am not really going to be able to make changes to the team until the offseason and the draft.

Schedule

image.png.76b89aea1113ac1f01e4d776e2a1b698.png

Highlights

I found out the played our last regular season game for 6 weeks on July 4rth and the players weren't going home so I had to set up some friendlies to help with tactical familiarity.

lGiP5E.jpg

Later I would find out that we would be in a tournament during this time called the Leagues Cup and that would cancel a few of the Friendlies.

3ltyNU.jpg

The last match before the break was a home match versus the worst team in the Western Conference. A MUST win!

56kQS7.jpg

This is when I found out about the Leagues Cup that would be played later in the month.

ilGvR9.jpg

We won the match late and it was a drab affair.

Midseason Table and Stats

PLtYXr.jpg

DgINs5.jpg

We are 5 points out of the playoffs having played 2-3 more matches than our rivals.

vDprnm.jpg

tLpwRT.jpg

As one can see from the team and player stats, we have a lot to do but also that are team should be firing crosses into the box!

Highlights II

5zhLIL.jpg

Another player got hurt in training this is becoming ridiculous......

ZfuJO3.jpg

Coaching Carousel continues.....failed and fired in Chicago gets job in Cincinnati within 90 days!

PZj2Ig.jpg

A Star player that is on the Disabled List wants to leave......I wanted to play him and possibly get him to change his mind.....

WxWkrh.jpg

We are still learning the gegen press and tried using the 4-2-3-1 DM Wide and the team was less fluid.

Still and Embarrassing Loss!

As the month ended we were back into competition with the Leagues Cup.

BO3v9c.jpg

The Mexican Team was favored even being in bad form!

aK5Wql.jpg

We played the 4-3-3 and did it with style but we owed our success to Malcom Fry!

QMsT5c.jpg

After the success in the first match we then had to take on the Columbus Crew.

GfTYQ4.jpg

GTVw87.jpg

Somehow we didn't play as well against the Crew.....

oTQLxO.jpg

Our Victory over Tigres UANL led us into the quarterfinals!

3HJG7K.jpg

We will take a chance against the Montreal Team and play a different formation ......a 5-2-1-2WB.

The Match will start next month off!

tEhrXC.jpg

Montreal is favored but I hope our new formation works!

Management Report

XsRpJC.jpg

QR8FI3.jpg

Other than the player who wants to leave, I am making progress in bringing the team together and making it a cohesive unit. Progress is slow but that is only to be expected based on where they were.

Monthly Analysis Report

BpwDXj.jpg

Still conceding more than we are scoring!

Player of the Month

H7YUJ5.jpg

We couldn't have gotten our two victories this month without our Goalkeeper!

Monthly Financial Report

QXwlsc.jpg

Looking Ahead

image.png.9bb1322c3ec231b28c68e754e0577617.png

to be continued:

SsaRq5.png

August 2029: Regular Season

Manager's Thoughts

The team is coming along in fits and starts plays pretty well one or two matches then plays like crap. Also we have no goal threat up top. Our DP (Designated Player) Striker is always hurt which doesn't help. I also think that I will go another way formation wise for next season with a 5-2-1-2 WB Vertical Tiki Taka. To use the strength of the players I have already. I will look for more players in the offseason to help the club and may trade away a player or two. The MLS is different than other leagues in that there is no relegation and Worst performing teams get rewarded with high draft picks to help their teams. The guiding principle is parity so that going into the season any team might lift the trophy at the end of the season. In reality that leads to a lot of manager instability with boards who expect to win right away if you don't make the playoffs.....

Schedule

image.png.c827e37d4d618a6072168c85c632635f.png

Highlights

OtYXDY.jpg

Our unhappy star player will leave at the end of his contract and we will get nothing for him!

mmPCgx.jpg

We played the Leagues Cup Quarterfinal against Montreal.....it went to penalties and we pulled it out!

XqyBsq.jpg

Our Goalie was the hero with his penalty save!

7s5I7E.jpg

Our Designated Player Striker is ALWAYS injured.

eUDYH2.jpg

Adding to our injury woes.......

vLh8UM.jpg

We will have a tough time beating Columbus.....we've already lost twice under my leadership.

gpXgPO.jpg

We were favored for some reason......

xWN0NW.jpg

another match went to penalties because we are goal shy......and this time we lost!

4Vu5wI.jpg 

We did better than expected but it still wasn't good enough.

We then spent a week training and the went to Indianapolis for a friendly versus a USL team.

UJGHcS.jpg

The USL team gave us everything we didn't want but luckily we won the match.

aySMhS.jpg

Teams are circling for our players.....as they think we are going to have a "Fire Sale" because we aren't in the playoffs. I want to wait till the off season to do so.

8K0uV6.jpg

pgQDe5.jpg

He is a young Centerback that has secured a starting spot at the young age of 23! I don't like trading away young talent to direct competitors.

ExZI9c.jpg

We played another friendly this time in Foxboro and won comfortably.....the Regular season starts next week.

OVckuv.jpg

Will the rumors and enquiries never end......

65DX0O.jpg

We travelled to Houston for the restart of the season.......and were big underdogs!

ioPfis.jpg

We had our DM sent off early and we were still able to escape with a draw.....we played well in defense.....

yuZkzQ.jpg

Star Striker now out for the rest of the season......I think I might trade him in the off season.

76TEPU.jpg

A tribute to our little playmaker!

n2oAyi.jpg

The Leagues Cup was won by a Mexican team no surprises there.....but we played reasonably well in the Cup.

League Table

S33Dpe.jpg

Ten points out of the playoffs with 6 matches to go, an almost impossible ask.

F1k4Vi.jpg

yrgBN6.jpg

We lead the league in Headers attempted and Red Cards!

2B0KRD.jpg

Our team stats are rather weak compared to the league leaders......

Monthly Analysis Report

NzXnxP.jpg

Player of the Month

su6l2O.jpg

He was the most reliable player during the Leagues Cup and Houston match!

Management Report

Dvib7V.jpg

7whS8D.jpg

Yrhb1i.jpg

We have look warm support from the board and the players but the fans see I am trying to rescue a dumpster fire.

Monthly Financial Report

ZTTwKg.jpg

Looking Ahead

image.png.ef052df91c93249d1e8f07da38af7b82.png

to be continued:

SsaRq5.png

September-October 2029: End of Season

Manager's Thoughts

The team would need a miracle to reach the playoffs and for some reason the board started wanting that even though my negotiations didn't mention it when I signed up. So, we did our best to win all the matches but fell short. Losing an important player led to us trialing the 5-2-1-2 WB in real competitions. It did well but like the 4--3-3 not all the players on the team are suitable to the formation without significant retraining. As far as I am concerned, I did what I could, and the board had an unrealistic vision they told me nothing about so my future in New England is uncertain at best.

Schedule

image.png.a8f767e84fe3d1dfdedb38857cf961f3.png

Highlights

The first match of September would see us play a tough team from the Western Conference LAFC in Los Angeles.

vG666t.jpg

We were underdogs and would play the 4-3-3 DM Wide since that was our most familiar formation and had most success with.

tn2Eud.jpg

We played well scoring early and generally dominating the match.

9wiL7h.jpg

@keeper#1 Your boys have set you up for more dissapointment!

DywVQo.jpg

Our little magician strutted his stuff in the match.

cNeHzK.jpg

I hired another coach to help make my coaching staff top knotch!

qoX5vC.jpg

He is proficient in the Formations we are currently using and may use next season as well even though I am entertaining the switch to 5-2-1-2 WB.

Q7IcPw.jpg

The Loan manager will be needed next season because I am going to loan out a lot of prospects.

O6NbCP.jpg

After these staff moves only the medical department needs an upgrade to be best in the league!

2OgT1Z.jpg

A two star backup left back who's playing time is set a B-Team Regular is whining about playing time..... so I considered waiving him.....I had two players ahead of him in the depth chart anyway.

6V9JHE.jpg

The distraction couldn't have come at a worse time a big match against the team just in front of us in the table and a Six-Pointer!

We were the home team and favored because both teams were considered of equal quality and we would have home advantage.

bspRZk.jpg

After this email.....I set waiving him into motion......

olnUrU.jpg

The match started off well in the first half but was a disaster after halftime, when they started playing like Barcelona and my Star Right Back got himself sent off. Losing this match pretty much put any chance of us reaching the Playoffs in the trash can.

KahKqv.jpg

The ref favored the visitors in a majority of her calls and still got an 8.2 rating. It was so bad even the media noticed!

HJ7QVR.jpg

I decided to bring back the seasoned midfielder after discussions with the staff.

He ends up taking a pay cut to stay with the team.

gEUCK3.jpg

Hall of Fame Manager and last years Coach of the Year fired 3 months ago has a new gig.....like I said Coaching jobs in MLS are volatile!

B1tSFc.jpg

After the loss to Atlanta we then headed to Denver for our next match.....

uKCApE.jpg

I want to see us play well.....

and we did dominate the game and winning 0-3!

smLYEq.jpg

Unfortunately we lost our AMR-IF-S for the rest of the Season!

Hf8Urr.jpg

Our DM-DLP had a match to remember!

utkJgJ.jpg

After the victory in Colorado we headed to Porland for our next match against a tough Timbers team. With the loss of Fry we would play the 5-2-1-2 WB for the rest of the season.

RFvxhk.jpg

Since I had a formation that didn't use him meant we would have a chance.....

8KNY7w.jpg

The DLP almost got an award for his stunning strike from 22 yards!

Nu5C7H.jpg

The 5-2-1-2 WB was knocked on its heels early, but we grew into the game and eventually won it late in extra time!

sszpy2.jpg

But the goalie was truly the hero of the day! He had 10 saves!

ZdXeYl.jpg

I was trying to show confidence in my team after the narrow win!

uhHo7t.jpg

We signed another physio to help the medical department as well.

nIpCmY.jpg

After the win in Oregon we returned home to a match against Orlando City FC at Gillette Stadium!

9oo2xW.jpg

It was a hard fought battle and I was happy to get the draw to be honest since we were on the back foot for most of the match.

KMM7z4.jpg

Trying to make sure the team stays focused as the team no longer has anything to play for but pride!

GqdYna.jpg

2y2sqC.jpg

We checked off two club visions that don't matter since there is NO relegation in the MLS!

AKtyhd.jpg

It would have been nice to have gone farther than the Quarterfinals, but that was my first match, and we were dreadful.

The Final match of the season was against the NY Red Bulls.

9fW7Te.jpg

5hhwK8.jpg

We were underdogs but I was keeping my team focused on the game at hand and NOT vacation!

qdi1Vs.jpg

T8LJJ6.jpg

Our Hot-headed Star Right Back had a good day because he remained on the pitch Fulltime!

PT3Msu.jpg

Playing as a WBR-S in a 5-2-1-2 WB!

GwG7rh.jpg

KdgyeE.jpg

Two players were named to Team of the Week!

League Table

q90Omo.jpg

We were in 15th when I took over, the team trended up but were two far behind to catch up. We would have made the playoffs in the Western Conference!

WWVrUG.jpg

udYgtY.jpg

Player of the Month

NdeK86.jpg

Management Report

46B3AC.jpg

I missed the playoffs and the board is less than happy with the teams performance when I signed on only to be competitive and not finish at the bottom of the league!

mi15hF.jpg

This is what I signed up for according to them!

Monthly Financial Report

JTkb5G.jpg

to be continued:

SsaRq5.png

October-November 2029: Post Season

Manager's Thoughts

After the last match I was expecting to have the last squad meeting and send them on vacation. Instead, practice was the name of the game for the next month while the playoffs were going on. This allowed me to get the team familiar with the 5-2-1-2 WB formation with some friendlies and figure out roles for the players already in the squad. We will have a draft and we might trade a player or two in the Offseason to bolster the team to reach next season's target of Midtable. Which in MLS means making the playoffs!

Highlights

Jlxpxv.jpg

During the extra training afforded by the post season players continued to get hurt.

rGInKz.jpg

The Revolution Academy is the MLS equivalent of the U-19 Team, but with a more limited intake.

Brendan Martinez -DC

Robert Coyle-STC

Mac Knowles-DL, WB-L

All three players will have a chance with the first team in a few years.

nsSFZI.jpg

And we had a player poached by a Mexican Team.

uiN162.jpg

Two of three GK's injured before the first Friendly......

S4AYrN.jpg

We were playing Friendlies to get the team familiar with the 5-2-1-2 WB tactic whic is shift in tactical style.

usePMk.jpg

Our Third goalie will soon be our backup!

DDAbPm.jpg

We had a little more trouble with this team during the friendly....but mostly because the backups playing in the second half weren't as invested.

nw6PQH.jpg

Injury means important player will miss tactical sessions!

9L3GdB.jpg

Another important player will miss tactical familiarity sessions.

kPF0Hr.jpg

Who you would expect in the top ten of Youth Academies in the World are in the Top Ten!

PEwcSX.jpg

We played one more friendly and won.....after this we just did practice sessions.

76oSfs.jpg

We "poached" a player from ourselves! LOL!

pgIGWq.jpg

End of Season Board Meeting

jpfCfc.jpg

The board had unrealistic expectations that I didn't sign up for so I am insecure in my Job. Hopefully we start next season well. The supporters are more realistic and think I have done a good job.

34nczh.jpg

We lost some Social Media Followers....but are true supporters are gaining strength!

qiWv9O.jpg

Playing defensively solid football isn't worth a damn if you can't score more than you concede.

t0BCBK.jpg

Basically, if I don't make the playoffs next year with a fast start, I may be looking for a new job.

to be continued:

48 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

SsaRq5.png

October-November 2029: Post Season

Manager's Thoughts

After the last match I was expecting to have the last squad meeting and send them on vacation. Instead, practice was the name of the game for the next month while the playoffs were going on. This allowed me to get the team familiar with the 5-2-1-2 WB formation with some friendlies and figure out roles for the players already in the squad. We will have a draft and we might trade a player or two in the Offseason to bolster the team to reach next season's target of Midtable. Which in MLS means making the playoffs!

Highlights

Jlxpxv.jpg

During the extra training afforded by the post season players continued to get hurt.

rGInKz.jpg

The Revolution Academy is the MLS equivalent of the U-19 Team, but with a more limited intake.

Brendan Martinez -DC

Robert Coyle-STC

Mac Knowles-DL, WB-L

All three players will have a chance with the first team in a few years.

nsSFZI.jpg

And we had a player poached by a Mexican Team.

uiN162.jpg

Two of three GK's injured before the first Friendly......

S4AYrN.jpg

We were playing Friendlies to get the team familiar with the 5-2-1-2 WB tactic whic is shift in tactical style.

usePMk.jpg

Our Third goalie will soon be our backup!

DDAbPm.jpg

We had a little more trouble with this team during the friendly....but mostly because the backups playing in the second half weren't as invested.

nw6PQH.jpg

Injury means important player will miss tactical sessions!

9L3GdB.jpg

Another important player will miss tactical familiarity sessions.

kPF0Hr.jpg

Who you would expect in the top ten of Youth Academies in the World are in the Top Ten!

PEwcSX.jpg

We played one more friendly and won.....after this we just did practice sessions.

76oSfs.jpg

We "poached" a player from ourselves! LOL!

pgIGWq.jpg

End of Season Board Meeting

jpfCfc.jpg

The board had unrealistic expectations that I didn't sign up for so I am insecure in my Job. Hopefully we start next season well. The supporters are more realistic and think I have done a good job.

34nczh.jpg

We lost some Social Media Followers....but are true supporters are gaining strength!

qiWv9O.jpg

Playing defensively solid football isn't worth a damn if you can't score more than you concede.

t0BCBK.jpg

Basically, if I don't make the playoffs next year with a fast start, I may be looking for a new job.

to be continued:

Fingers crossed you keep your job and stop getting so many injuries :D

1 hour ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Fingers crossed you keep your job and stop getting so many injuries :D

Spoiler: I got the sack (fired) of my own doing.....but landed on my feet and the World Tour comes to another country.

7 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Did you request something from the board and then threatened to leave cos they didn't accept your request :lol:

I applied for the St. Etienne Job and was fired.....while insecure.  They hired the fired Charlotte manager days later and I had a chance at that job....interview and approached but backed out. I decided my life would be better overseas and not dealing with MLS's Arcane rules. (Since I could not find the Disabled List screen to re-register players!)

I will be updating shortly!

21 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

I applied for the St. Etienne Job and was fired.....while insecure.  They hired the fired Charlotte manager days later and I had a chance at that job....interview and approached but backed out. I decided my life would be better overseas and not dealing with MLS's Arcane rules. (Since I could not find the Disabled List screen to re-register players!)

I will be updating shortly!

Yeah I hate managing in the MLS cos of all of the complicated rules.

Good luck in your next job.

November-December: Offseason/Unemployed

Manager's Thoughts

I was fired for the first time in many years....i was my own doing but I think it was for the best. There was interest almost immediately in my services. I turned down Charlotte FC in a lateral move and decided to go back overseas. England, Italy and France had appeal and I ended up in the City of Light. I am taking a pay cut but I feel I may be here a while trying to build a culture and a winner.

Highlights

I started the offseason working for the New England Revolution and looking for a player to become our Left Wingback in the 5-2-1-2 WB Formation.

k5g5Mk.jpg

I put in a bid for this player....

cw9WTT.jpg

Who looked perfect to take over the role......except he wasn't interested in joining the team.

0fzzl9.jpg

MLS Newcomer of the Year was the one I voted for!

cgSDM3.jpg

My Scouts found another candidate......and I made an offer to Toulouse for the transfer listed player.

kGrEM9.jpg

Our players were in the Transfer Rumor mill as well even though I had no intention of trading him.

ZcGG1q.jpg

We poached from ourselves again!

5WxuSl.jpg

A potentially great player was poached by another Mexican Team.

After this I saw that the AS St. Etienne Job was open and applied.......so I was fired!

XDn8oK.jpg

In all honesty the board was trash!

06DUYT.jpg

and I said so without saying so.

UZUzUg.jpg

I was approached without applying for the Charlotte Job after their Coach left for my old job.

xxswBq.jpg

I decided to turn them down because the owner (board) has a quick hook on coaches.

I applied at several suggested jobs including West Brom Albion and SPAL......interviewed and was approached by them. I also saw Paris FC and sent in an application.

wQ7JDf.jpg

JSoQ3N.jpg

I asked for delays...waiting on Paris FC to interview me and then approach me.

dP4vvU.jpg

Glad I dodged that bullet!

h0n7ZJ.jpg

I wider world news Big Ange was fired by Tottenham!

bEwZMY.jpg

I asked for a delay....

eDUZuf.jpg

Asked about MLS team winning the Canada Cup which they are heavy favorites in.

bedOLi.jpg

I finally got the interview......

X6Ppwn.jpg

XiVqY7.jpg

It was looking promising but they were taking their time!

8arJBR.jpg

All I could do was wait and wait....and then after New Year's !

f254kd.jpg

to be continued:

36 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

November-December: Offseason/Unemployed

Manager's Thoughts

I was fired for the first time in many years....i was my own doing but I think it was for the best. There was interest almost immediately in my services. I turned down Charlotte FC in a lateral move and decided to go back overseas. England, Italy and France had appeal and I ended up in the City of Light. I am taking a pay cut but I feel I may be here a while trying to build a culture and a winner.

Highlights

I started the offseason working for the New England Revolution and looking for a player to become our Left Wingback in the 5-2-1-2 WB Formation.

k5g5Mk.jpg

I put in a bid for this player....

cw9WTT.jpg

Who looked perfect to take over the role......except he wasn't interested in joining the team.

0fzzl9.jpg

MLS Newcomer of the Year was the one I voted for!

cgSDM3.jpg

My Scouts found another candidate......and I made an offer to Toulouse for the transfer listed player.

kGrEM9.jpg

Our players were in the Transfer Rumor mill as well even though I had no intention of trading him.

ZcGG1q.jpg

We poached from ourselves again!

5WxuSl.jpg

A potentially great player was poached by another Mexican Team.

After this I saw that the AS St. Etienne Job was open and applied.......so I was fired!

XDn8oK.jpg

In all honesty the board was trash!

06DUYT.jpg

and I said so without saying so.

UZUzUg.jpg

I was approached without applying for the Charlotte Job after their Coach left for my old job.

xxswBq.jpg

I decided to turn them down because the owner (board) has a quick hook on coaches.

I applied at several suggested jobs including West Brom Albion and SPAL......interviewed and was approached by them. I also saw Paris FC and sent in an application.

wQ7JDf.jpg

JSoQ3N.jpg

I asked for delays...waiting on Paris FC to interview me and then approach me.

dP4vvU.jpg

Glad I dodged that bullet!

h0n7ZJ.jpg

I wider world news Big Ange was fired by Tottenham!

bEwZMY.jpg

I asked for a delay....

eDUZuf.jpg

Asked about MLS team winning the Canada Cup which they are heavy favorites in.

bedOLi.jpg

I finally got the interview......

X6Ppwn.jpg

XiVqY7.jpg

It was looking promising but they were taking their time!

8arJBR.jpg

All I could do was wait and wait....and then after New Year's !

f254kd.jpg

to be continued:

Well done getting the Paris FC job. Now all you got to do is become the best team in Paris. Easy mate :D

50 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Yeah I hate managing in the MLS cos of all of the complicated rules.

Good luck in your next job.

I don't mind the rules that much and because of the parity in the league it is actually a good league to test tactics in.

ly8q4M.jpg

January 2030: Regular Season

Manager's Thoughts

I am thrilled to be back employed as a Football Manager. Yes I took a pay cut and the size of the task ahead of me is immense if I don't use this job as a steppingstone. I think I will try and spend some time here and try to create a true rival to this team's nemesis PSG! That means finding a tactic that works for the team and also trying to create a Team Culture and DNA. The Board and Supporters want Direct Counterattacking Football and I have to figure out how that works. since all I know is Gegen Press that turns into Possession Soccer. The First match was a win and then after that it went downhill mostly because of a lack of tactical familiarity. One Win, One Draw and Two losses isn't an auspicious start but we can and will do better.

Schedule

image.png.e517e9c4dc344a8e775fd8517977fc66.png

Highlights

The new year began with me signing a Contract to manage Paris FC.

8eAv4v.jpg

I am a bit at a loss as to how to play direct and get results but that will be for next season. I also took a pay cut. I might not be able to afford an apartment in Paris!

XTUDDn.jpg

Paris FC is the "Little Brother" of the teams in the French Capital. They Split from PSG in the late 1960's played some Ligue1 Football in the 1970's and have been a regular in the lower leagues since.

uswh1W.jpg

viBr3z.jpg

NyyYXG.jpg

fb5rkb.jpg

The Facilities aren't bad for this level but will need improving if we are to challenge for Football Supremacy against our Fierce Rivals PSG!

The Stadium isn't bad for this level but will have to be replaced if we become a regular Ligue1 Side.

5FGQzw.jpg

Stade Charlety

WsJiVK.jpg

Not a lot of supporters for a team in the capital, but our fierce rivals PSG dominate the city with their wealth.

Thus, everything is in place, but a catalyst is needed to bring the dream to fruition, Am I the Catalyst?

7RcilN.jpg

The Team isn't bad and is currently overachieving in 4rth place. It is up to me to keep the team in the playoff picture.

nl3L8H.jpg

So I am going to start with my tried and true 4-3-3 Gegen press.

OiTCPx.jpg

It has been modified to be more direct and some roles have been changed but more tinkering and tweaks will come in the future.

The board also appears to have some expectations for this season.....

ZVON8V.jpg

I think I will ask for these in writing after my last board......but these should be doable not asking for much as long as I finish 12th or better with a team that is currently 4rth!

Shortly before I left the board meeting, I received this report about the Youth Intake:

BNkIvA.jpg

It doesn't look promising......

fs8Ovs.jpg

I was excited to be in France and managing a team in Paris......How long will the Honeymoon last......

Tci0z1.jpg

251 games not shabby for a guy who didn't know anything about Football/Soccer than kickabout in Gym Class.

VTrIT0.jpg

We were on the road for the Coupe de France against a team I labelled the "Mustard Makers"!

VRCge7.jpg

We played the modified Gegen press 4-3-3 DM Wide and the players lack of familiarity showed but it also seemed to surprise our opponents.

cWFzWb.jpg

Our New Goalkeeper was the last act of the departing manager.....our previous First Choice GK is transferring to the Russian Front with Sebebnik.

He had a decent debut.

SnvlBJ.jpg

As a reward for beating Dijon, we get the tough task of taking on Bordeaux on the road as well.

Before the match against Bordeaux, we first had to take on league leading SM Caen.

uVvlYw.jpg

We were underdogs even though the match was to be held at the Stade Charlety!

6j4hIl.jpg

Our boys stepped up and played to the whistle to earn a draw as lack of tactical familiarity defensively led to SM Caen's Goals.

CJN8VB.jpg

Our Right Back has put the shirt on 225 times for Paris FC!

e2Xime.jpg

The next match would see us travel to the coast to take on Bordeaux in the next round of the Coupe de France.

This was a tricky match.

xzEyq3.jpg

The team I almost signed with wants my Right Back.......I won't let him go unless the price is right!

I56nhu.jpg

We played them tough but just couldn't buy a goal and lost on penalties.....

qqflaO.jpg

Even though we lost on penalties our GK was player of the match!

vDKrQc.jpg

I decided to bring is some staff to help with tactical familiarity.

Yoq6FP.jpg

Training injuries are plaguing me!

BmcLAc.jpg

More staff this time to make use of the Data Hub better!

The next match after the loss in the Coupe de France would see us travel to Brittany to take Guingamp.

1ul5Ul.jpg

We were underdogs yet again.....the bookies and media seem to think we were due for a fall in the table.....

9OuWto.jpg

I hoped the Gegen Press would surprise his team!

gmC1hZ.jpg

We played till the echo of the whistle but build up turned defensive mistakes led to both their goals.

9NdCLT.jpg

We were preseason midtable team if I can some how keep us in the playoff places It will be a successful season!

aqd4wB.jpg

I was pleased with the performance of the team especially the effort but they are having trouble with the tactical concepts......

ua7fla.jpg

As the month came to a close so did the transfer window and I decided to wait until summer to make any moves based on how the team plays.

XgntdO.jpg

We weren't in any of the rumors other than Chergui to MLS.

EaiIc0.jpg

This was the extent of the transfer window for Paris FC. The only deal that involved me was the Kore loan.

UaSlO3.jpg

The league leaders spent to keep up their title challenge.

Monthly Analysis Report

sFoy5q.jpg

Management Report

S9ysdL.jpg

I have decent support from an unspectacular start to my tenure.

Monthly Financial Report

ofH7bC.jpg

2FyHip.jpg

The team has no loans or debts to be repaid but the finances are shaky, and we need as good as possible finish to alleviate the situation.

Looking Ahead

image.png.9dc1469f5eef6083a9d3440f204f3928.png

to be continued:

16 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

ly8q4M.jpg

January 2030: Regular Season

Manager's Thoughts

I am thrilled to be back employed as a Football Manager. Yes I took a pay cut and the size of the task ahead of me is immense if I don't use this job as a steppingstone. I think I will try and spend some time here and try to create a true rival to this team's nemesis PSG! That means finding a tactic that works for the team and also trying to create a Team Culture and DNA. The Board and Supporters want Direct Counterattacking Football and I have to figure out how that works. since all I know is Gegen Press that turns into Possession Soccer. The First match was a win and then after that it went downhill mostly because of a lack of tactical familiarity. One Win, One Draw and Two losses isn't an auspicious start but we can and will do better.

Schedule

image.png.e517e9c4dc344a8e775fd8517977fc66.png

Highlights

The new year began with me signing a Contract to manage Paris FC.

8eAv4v.jpg

I am a bit at a loss as to how to play direct and get results but that will be for next season. I also took a pay cut. I might not be able to afford an apartment in Paris!

XTUDDn.jpg

Paris FC is the "Little Brother" of the teams in the French Capital. They Split from PSG in the late 1960's played some Ligue1 Football in the 1970's and have been a regular in the lower leagues since.

uswh1W.jpg

viBr3z.jpg

NyyYXG.jpg

fb5rkb.jpg

The Facilities aren't bad for this level but will need improving if we are to challenge for Football Supremacy against our Fierce Rivals PSG!

The Stadium isn't bad for this level but will have to be replaced if we become a regular Ligue1 Side.

5FGQzw.jpg

Stade Charlety

WsJiVK.jpg

Not a lot of supporters for a team in the capital, but our fierce rivals PSG dominate the city with their wealth.

Thus, everything is in place, but a catalyst is needed to bring the dream to fruition, Am I the Catalyst?

7RcilN.jpg

The Team isn't bad and is currently overachieving in 4rth place. It is up to me to keep the team in the playoff picture.

nl3L8H.jpg

So I am going to start with my tried and true 4-3-3 Gegen press.

OiTCPx.jpg

It has been modified to be more direct and some roles have been changed but more tinkering and tweaks will come in the future.

The board also appears to have some expectations for this season.....

ZVON8V.jpg

I think I will ask for these in writing after my last board......but these should be doable not asking for much as long as I finish 12th or better with a team that is currently 4rth!

Shortly before I left the board meeting, I received this report about the Youth Intake:

BNkIvA.jpg

It doesn't look promising......

fs8Ovs.jpg

I was excited to be in France and managing a team in Paris......How long will the Honeymoon last......

Tci0z1.jpg

251 games not shabby for a guy who didn't know anything about Football/Soccer than kickabout in Gym Class.

VTrIT0.jpg

We were on the road for the Coupe de France against a team I labelled the "Mustard Makers"!

VRCge7.jpg

We played the modified Gegen press 4-3-3 DM Wide and the players lack of familiarity showed but it also seemed to surprise our opponents.

cWFzWb.jpg

Our New Goalkeeper was the last act of the departing manager.....our previous First Choice GK is transferring to the Russian Front with Sebebnik.

He had a decent debut.

SnvlBJ.jpg

As a reward for beating Dijon, we get the tough task of taking on Bordeaux on the road as well.

Before the match against Bordeaux, we first had to take on league leading SM Caen.

uVvlYw.jpg

We were underdogs even though the match was to be held at the Stade Charlety!

6j4hIl.jpg

Our boys stepped up and played to the whistle to earn a draw as lack of tactical familiarity defensively led to SM Caen's Goals.

CJN8VB.jpg

Our Right Back has put the shirt on 225 times for Paris FC!

e2Xime.jpg

The next match would see us travel to the coast to take on Bordeaux in the next round of the Coupe de France.

This was a tricky match.

xzEyq3.jpg

The team I almost signed with wants my Right Back.......I won't let him go unless the price is right!

I56nhu.jpg

We played them tough but just couldn't buy a goal and lost on penalties.....

qqflaO.jpg

Even though we lost on penalties our GK was player of the match!

vDKrQc.jpg

I decided to bring is some staff to help with tactical familiarity.

Yoq6FP.jpg

Training injuries are plaguing me!

BmcLAc.jpg

More staff this time to make use of the Data Hub better!

The next match after the loss in the Coupe de France would see us travel to Brittany to take Guingamp.

1ul5Ul.jpg

We were underdogs yet again.....the bookies and media seem to think we were due for a fall in the table.....

9OuWto.jpg

I hoped the Gegen Press would surprise his team!

gmC1hZ.jpg

We played till the echo of the whistle but build up turned defensive mistakes led to both their goals.

9NdCLT.jpg

We were preseason midtable team if I can some how keep us in the playoff places It will be a successful season!

aqd4wB.jpg

I was pleased with the performance of the team especially the effort but they are having trouble with the tactical concepts......

ua7fla.jpg

As the month came to a close so did the transfer window and I decided to wait until summer to make any moves based on how the team plays.

XgntdO.jpg

We weren't in any of the rumors other than Chergui to MLS.

EaiIc0.jpg

This was the extent of the transfer window for Paris FC. The only deal that involved me was the Kore loan.

UaSlO3.jpg

The league leaders spent to keep up their title challenge.

Monthly Analysis Report

sFoy5q.jpg

Management Report

S9ysdL.jpg

I have decent support from an unspectacular start to my tenure.

Monthly Financial Report

ofH7bC.jpg

2FyHip.jpg

The team has no loans or debts to be repaid but the finances are shaky, and we need as good as possible finish to alleviate the situation.

Looking Ahead

image.png.9dc1469f5eef6083a9d3440f204f3928.png

to be continued:

A decent start to life in Paris. Fingers crossed you can build up some momentum and have a good season.

2 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

A decent start to life in Paris. Fingers crossed you can build up some momentum and have a good season.

We are starting in a good spot(4rth place)......just learning to adjust my tactics to be more direct. 

1 hour ago, keeper#1 said:

Ah Paris.  C'est bon!

I wouldn't turn down a chance at living in Paris IRL. So, it was an easy choice over West Bromwich or SPAL. I would have rather it had been ASSE but they had just been relegated again from Ligue1 and probably out of my reach...even if it is my favorite French Club.

Also, I have a done a couple of saves on this forum with Ligue2 teams that eventually take on PSG. Clermont Foot (FM20) and Grenoble (FM21)

Edited by Hootieleece
edited to become grammatically correct

54 minutes ago, keeper#1 said:

I totally agree.  I have to fly to Munich in February for work and I am lobbying hard for a stop in Amsterdam because I've always wanted to go there.

I wish sometimes my work would let me fly to Europe to learn to be better at my job....then I could start visiting all the places I've read about in History Books.

14 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

I wish sometimes my work would let me fly to Europe to learn to be better at my job....then I could start visiting all the places I've read about in History Books.

Become a travel agent and you get to fly to all sorts of places for "work research."  I leave for a week-long cruise, out of Miami, to Mexico and Honduras on Saturday.  Then a river cruise from Vishofen (fly to Munich and train to Vishofen) to Budapest in February so this is one is convincing my wife that it's cheaper to fly to Amsterdam and then to Munich instead of direct to Munich. 

Yeah, I schedule all of my "research trips" in winter to get away from the upstate NY snow.

ly8q4M.jpg

February 2030: Regular Season

Manager's Thoughts

I made some tweaks to the TI's of our main formation to be more direct in our passing and the team responded well. I may tweak some more things but I am loathe to stop using the Gegen press style that got me to this point as a Klopp wannabe. The team won all four of our matches dominated two of them and the defensive problems with our hybrid approach and lack of familiarity against the two tougher matches. Hopefully the defense which isn't bad gets better and we continue to score goals as we chase the possibility of getting to Ligue1.

Schedule

image.png.bca64f48748ca3c4fc79f2405f1bce62.png

Highlights

The month of February saw us start off with a match against FC Metz at Stade Charlety.

i6qFye.jpg

The Defense was great headlined by Lukas Andre and on Loan Left Back playing CB.

c5aQou.jpg

He got the assist because we are going more direct with our passing.....after some tinkering with TI's.

H6GiP9.jpg

But the victory was not without cost the other half of the CB partnership pulled up lame with Achilles Tendonitis and would miss the rest of the month!

In the next match we would return to Dijon the scene of our Coupe de France victory a few weeks earlier.

MmUVev.jpg

Dijon as the home team was favored even though we shut them out in the Cup match on the same pitch. Maybe they didn't play a full-strength team?

Z2YHnk.jpg

I am still into pressing like Gegen style, I now want more direct passes on the counterattack!

GaHxEF.jpg

Their goals were due to defensive mistakes as we are still tinkering with the TI's and also we had a new pair of CB's. They couldn't help but give us penalties from our direct passes into the box!

mUjPuZ.jpg

Our Right Winger went down and would miss the next 1-2 matches.

U2WRI8.jpg

The fans want a permanent deal.....but his $4.9M Buyout Clause is too rich for the club.

R8YUVz.jpg

We pressed the "possession hungry" team and met success!

19AP7m.jpg

Gael Lafont playing MC-AP-A on loan from Marseille was a star with a hat-trick!

XmPLuu.jpg

Our backup GK gets hurt just before his next appearance against the relegation threatened Laval.

ndMszA.jpg

The next match was at home against bottom of the table Laval and I used this match to give the backups some playing time and rest the starters. I wanted to be able to evaluate everyone under match conditions.

ndMszA.jpg

We were comfortable favorites, but the backups would need to do professional job to get the win.

0w3swH.jpg

I was asked if we were interested in making Lafont a permanent transfer and I said yes, we have interest. Will we act on it probably not.....

9qyGCk.jpg

Marseille wants him for next season.....so we probably won't get him back.....

a5vi32.jpg

The match was tight because I played backups against first teamers, but enough of our First team came off the bench to win the match late!

PpwbpT.jpg

A losing manager blames VAR.......

Ewj3uU.jpg

Houston came in for our backup DM, but with our Captain and First-String DM back in the lineup and the team's financial situation and the player wanting to leave for playing time I accepted. 

Dtukjn.jpg

The last match of the month would see us travel to the Loire valley and Angers for a match.

CEOT3Y.jpg

We won the match but it was a bit of luck and an extraordinary effort by Lafont to outduel Ilaix Moriba!

2Y1LLe.jpg

What is this player doing playing in Ligue2! He was the wonderkid of wonderkids just a few FM's ago!

ErbVpe.jpg

I was asked about our other on loan Central Midfielder......and remained non-commital, but will probably do it. Since we can afford his buyout clause.

5rKBzR.jpg

Our Backup DM left for the MLS and I wished him luck!

grfYbX.jpg

Our left back got hurt in training just before our next match in March!

This is how we setup now with the New TI's

Vhorei.jpg

We are still high pressing and playing a high defensive line mostly because I don't want to lose my Gegen press-based approach.

League Table

42jPuX.jpg

RU2SvS.jpg

The four wins this month have helped us to consolidate 4rth place in the table. With Ten to play the leaders are probably out of reach but we should be able to retain a playoff place that is the objective for the season.

Monthly Analysis Report

lMHEEL.jpg

Monthly Awards

FHLRgn.jpg

Player of the Month

fiLzyO.jpg

Management Report

kyEWyK.jpg

The Board loves me so far....a far cry from New England!

3rWvF7.jpg

The fans are happy also....

LkZW5Y.jpg

The team is coming around as well.....winning helps!

Monthly Financial Report

Pn9vZV.jpg

The financial report isn't the best and this summer I will probably have a smaller budget, but with some expensive deadwood coming off the books there should be some wiggle room to bring in a player or two.

Looking Ahead

image.png.47445690a7f78b03d357496e8ab2d7c3.png

Grenoble and ASSE will be the tough matches this month, but we are looking to win all of them to consolidate a playoff place.

to be continued:

ly8q4M.jpg

March 2030: Regular Season

Manager's Thoughts

The team continued its good play with our Hybrid Direct Counterattack Gegen- Press Tactic. As I am still tinkering with the TI's and roles it isn't a finish product. Since I've kept the highline we have given up goals. I might move back to a Mid-Block. The other big problem is at Left Back in that our first two options are out for the rest of the season. We are going to try and do everything we can to remain in the playoff places which would be considered a good season. Also the fans and media want to know if we we'll try and keep our main man Gael Lafont in Paris. I would love to but the team just can't afford his $4.9M dollar buyout clause. So, I will keep being non-committal until the end of the season on it to keep everyone happy.

Schedule

image.png.dbd4868b875577c0528dd51d0b766030.png

Highlights

The First match of March was held at Stade Charlety.

VnUJXY.jpg

Against Grenoble our close competitors for a playoff spot. We were favored as the home team.

m5Etz8.jpg

The match came and after an Equal first half we broke their defense late in the 2nd with a worldy strike by Lafont and Charbonnel chipped one in near the end to secure the result.

mSlyef.jpg

I praised them before the match and they were tough to breakdown!

TkMP5V.jpg

our dimunitive winger/striker just can;t play without space.......

KSyzBw.jpg

The next match saw us travel to Corsica for a match Athletic Club Ajaccio.

We were favored in this as well....and I half rotated the team.....

pIHJVo.jpg

DC United wanted the hobbit but he had no interest in leaving so I let it go......we'll sell him during the summer.

1iagTx.jpg

The half-rotated side did well after giving up a score just before halftime.....after the halftime pep talk we took it to them and won easily.

zor5v9.jpg

Boura who has become an afterthought because of Ostoljic had a good match.....especially when he is supposed to be the starting Left Back!

g9f1s9.jpg

I was pleased with his contribution.....

O2Pqez.jpg

Unfortunately our Captain and First String DM will miss the next match with a suspension for too many yellow cards!

QuRTd3.jpg

Ostojic is playing Left Back in a Wingback role and that isn't good enough for him!

gALsR9.jpg

Boura who was challenging Ostojic for his spot is out for the rest of the season and we used the Club Doctor.

Wgg0Xv.jpg

The next match was against a ASSE that was playing below its level having just been relegated again from Ligue1.

t1MM6Z.jpg

He's a Left Back playing Center Back but I will "Unleash" him upon ASSE!

h6QQzA.jpg

The match was fast and furious with neither side playing defense......mostly because of ASSE's Quality but we weren't too shabby in that area either and won the match with a late winner!

6Uf9Yy.jpg

The Fans want our main man, but the club just can't afford his buyout!

IuPCHm.jpg

It was a match with a stream of highlights made for TV!

Y4YUgl.jpg

Highest scoring match in Paris FC History and we Won!

5XH8da.jpg

It was close run thing and could have gone either way by XG!

juWw7N.jpg

Another team I love because of FM.....gets a new manager with a pedigree. Real Madrid U-19's!

syjVBP.jpg

This player was on the unwanted player list and was from Paris.....we'll give him a chance on a free transfer.

fduoj4.jpg

Our backup Left Back/Utility Midfielder finally scores for his country.

The last match of the month saw us head to Le Mans for a match......that hopefully doesn't last 24 hours!

vZGmzM.jpg

We were favored and I put together our strongest lineup.

X6ReBL.jpg

The Pressure is on.....thanks Media!

ahP0zm.jpg

I was asked about keeping Lafont and I was non-committal.

sGobkM.jpg

We fell behind after playing a miserable first half after a "Hair Dryer" Speech at half-time we played much better and drew the match!

AAGaVo.jpg

Le Mans was happy with the point....I was not!

FTpkjg.jpg

Our Wide Target Man (AML-A) and Set piece Specialist had a great game!

9wsV6E.jpg

I wanted to remember the good about the match!

pZjS8i.jpg

Now another First Teamer this time a Centerback will miss the next match......

d32Kwu.jpg

The Wonderkids are out......regens all none at Paris FC.......but are Fierce Rivals PSG have one!

sV8lfb.jpg

2En24G.jpg

Niakate and Langlet make Three Musketeers we are giving a chance to after failing to make the grade at PSG!

Eventually we want to develop our own youth.....

ay7AsM.jpg

And just before our big match versus Bordeaux we now have an injury crisis at Left Back!

League Table

VCqsQM.jpg

i4AgfR.jpg

Monthly Analysis Report

bQANxl.jpg

Player of the Month

wKLMn2.jpg

Management Report

8UECuE.jpg

dMU368.jpg

ni2B59.jpg

Monthly Financial Report

CKWRp8.jpg

Looking Ahead

image.png.a3d05ab08e7aef3509c56378e701cf7b.png

to be continued:

11 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Nice to see you still in the Play Offs. Good luck for the rest of the season.

Thanks. I feel I 'm on a ride....the former manager did a good job, and I am just finishing the job. I think we should at least make best Paris FC Team ever! (10th place in Ligue 2 is the mark), but remaining in the playoffs would also vindicate my takeover even if it will be hard to repeat with the loan players gone.

ly8q4M.jpg

April 2030: Regular Season "Everybody hurts"

Manager's Thoughts

Injuries, Injuries, and more injuries are what are going to keep this team from having a real shot at getting promoted. The team didn't play particularly badly during the month of April. It was a "War of Attrition" that saw star midfielder Gael Lafont lost for the season among others, In fact the team had just enough healthy players in the first team to field a matchday squad with all substitutes. With that as a backdrop the fact that the team continued to fight and maintained its position of third in the table is remarkable. This is the best Paris FC Team ever.....until sometime in the future when we reach Ligue 1. Even though we will have a chance to be promoted via playoffs I think our chances are low and in any case we really aren't ready for that level of football at this time.

Schedule

image.png.4bab03c2ec7d64a08149bb34b24bb40c.png

Highlights

An important player got sick just before a big match......the Physios and Doctors are loving this.

hR5sTk.jpg

The Youth intake came in and I was less than blown away by the talent.....

djb81M.jpg

I would probably sign the First Five.....but I left it to the DOF.

The first match of the month was a "Big Match" versus Bordeaux.

3g7tmR.jpg

Even though the match was to be played at Stade Charlety we were considered underdogs!

cxNsQm.jpg

It was the Match of the Week in Ligue2.

3FIlCp.jpg

It lived up to its billing as a tough even match between top teams and resulted in stalemate.

Gael Lafont continues to be our talisman!

ejHFcC.jpg

We sit in 3rd place with Grenoble on our tail after the draw. The Top Two are probably out of reach with five matches to go.

HJes24.jpg

We lose our Starting Right Back for the next few matches.....

JujeUF.jpg

The DOF sorted through the intake and signed the top seven players.....I doubt any even sniff the first team.

The next match saw the team travel to Sochaux for the next match......

yQqUra.jpg

We were favored but would need to live up to the billing......

dpstu0.jpg

Lafont our Talisman is on a record pace.....for POM's!

FZdFVF.jpg

If we can keep playing well, we have a chance......

VPu503.jpg

It was an ugly game and we didn't play well early. After some bad refereeing and some injuries, we were down 3-0! We made some changes late on and the team showed fight with Kevin Zeroli taking Lafont's place after injury and he tried to lead a comeback but fell short with Two goals!

uP1LFt.jpg

Our best Academy player getting time with the first team will miss the rest of the season.

ZFvmwQ.jpg

But a bigger loss was that of Lafont, our Talisman, for the rest of the season!

rpTN3Q.jpg

Rather than despair over the injuries to key players the media congratulated us on being the best Paris FC Team ever!

9lObxb.jpg

The Refereeing was horrible especially VAR but I don't want to have future controversies so I let it go......

8FTPOr.jpg

I now have just enough first teamers to fill out a matchday squad with all substitutes!

We came home injury depleted but looking to do better versus Brest at Stade Charlety.

8GObi2.jpg

Even injury depleted we were expected to win!

i9p9U7.jpg

France has a chance to get an extra Champions League spot it doesn't affect us but might next season!

7Hot1O.jpg

Our "Super Sub" Hobbit came on and led to the win for the team that had some trouble scoring until he came on.

FGudYs.jpg

Our young Backup Striker got his first goal under me as manager!

CCHmiU.jpg

Our "Hobbit"(he's 5'3" tall) was a magician creating goals after he came on as a sub.

WwSZfx.jpg

and we lose a player to suspension while injury depleted.

WoP4PC.jpg

The next match saw us travel just a couple of days later to Amiens for the next match. The boys were tired, but I was confident we could win.

zKSiUV.jpg

The opposing manager complimented us.....trying to bring on complacency.

70gSeu.jpg

I remained confident about our chances even though we were the underdogs!

fYTqdc.jpg

Another big match that was "Match of the Week" in Ligue2.

k20WkN.jpg

It was another tough match, and we survived their onslaught to get a draw on a late Corner! It was another pyrrhic victory.....

We lost our Starting Striker for the remaining two matches of the season!

osUc7M.jpg

But we also secured a Playoff Place!

NMQ5L2.jpg

fSFAB2.jpg

Checking a box I didn't even know was a thing.....another untrustworthy Board.......

Ua6nlf.jpg

After a staff meeting, I added to the Performance Analysts......

League Table

ladweT.jpg

GnDKoH.jpg

Monthly Analysis Report

2rh8RD.jpg

Player of the Month

e6yaPg.jpg

Management Report

9LRIf9.jpg

Monthly Financial Report

5Iz2gP.jpg

Looking Ahead