[FM 24] On the Road with Hootie: A possible World Tour. Part 8: Uniting the USA

Hootieleece

Hello again! With the Beta out I didn't get much of a break from FM. (about two days)

Premise: I usually start a save as myself every year with the Beta to learn the new features before delving into creating Career Updates. This year I decided to record my travels in that save for posterity.

The Title: On the Road is a novel by Jack Kerouac an author from a city I live near in Massachusetts. Hootie is my nickname because I love "Hootie and the Blowfish" a 90's Band.

The Manager:

4JmAwQ.jpg

I don't know why it gave me basic Spanish.......It does it every year. (I would have picked French since that is what I studied at the University.

The Skills: (or lack there of)

uVNfHZ.jpg

The Game World: (Leagues playable or on View)

xwW67H.jpg

Due to a screwup when setting up I only had MLS Leagues available on my original start date (October 19. 2023) So I vacationed again until the playable leagues started loading. (I vacationed till 6/18/2024, the day AFTER the School Year ends for me).

UGVbDO.jpg

to be continued:

Edited by Hootieleece
Changed title. Again#4

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Job Search begins:

CrpaIB.jpg

There were four jobs open. I only applied to Conwy Borough because it had biggest payroll.

lynPNM.jpg

Of course I took the interview! I needed a job!

pd9jo8.jpg

I was sent an offer letter and I accepted. Considering my lack of credentials, I thought the offer was more than fair. Yes, I make less than I did teaching but I will now be on an exciting adventure in Wales.

thFoLA.jpg

b8kzKh.jpg

I am taking over the biggest team and favorites in the Cymru North!

jCtCwC.jpg

It has a small fanbase but I will work to make it bigger and better with success.

Bhy70L.jpg

Tactical Direction

As a Liverpool fan I will try and emulate Jurgen Klopp's Success wherever I go in this save so I created the following tactics. 

They are all "Out of the Box" Gengen Press TI's

4qcrZj.jpg

4-3-3 Formation will be the main formation.

Ed0GCR.jpg

with a 4-2-3-1 Wide Variant which I am most familiar with and have had the most success with in FM.

kgr4X8.jpg

and finally a 4-2-4 because it was a suggested formation for a Gengen Press.

to be continued:

10 hours ago, Rikulec said:

I was also considering starting in Wales for this year's save, good luck!

Thanks.

4 hours ago, 13th Man said:

Here we go, another American???

Looking forward to seeing how this goes!

This Avatar is one that is closest to actual me.

AVf23e.png

July 2024

Manager's Thoughts

It is exciting to take a job in Football after all those years of teaching and to do it in another country such as Wales is wonderful. I had to take a salary cut to accept the job, but I was glad to do so. Then the Owner/Board let me know that even though we are a newly promoted team it is expected that we win the League and get promoted to the top league in Wales this season. After reading the media expectations I began to believe that also then I met the squad, all 13 of them. So, this is going to be a building job while under pressure to win. I think we can do it by adopting Liverpool tactics and eventually adapting them to our situation. The reason I am doing this is because I am a Liverpool fan and know just about nothing about tactics. I am going to start with the 4-3-3, but might move to a 4-2-3-1 Wide because I know it well from FM.

Schedule

image.png.209bc772510e0f432a72e5b5de994ab0.png

The Team

ONHl7a.jpg

zQJ5HM.jpg

r45Uu8.jpg

The team is in a good place for a newly promoted team and has good facilities for this level.

Y8mcz3.jpg

Highlights (Preseason)

eoo8H4.jpg

I tried to be humble and still inspire confidence with this answer especially since I have no background in Football/Soccer.

p3bpoX.jpg

Shortly after the interview was my first match a friendly and I got to see the team put my "Liverpool" tactics in action. It wasn't the best performance, but it was a win without much practice.

7uKNAL.jpg

The team had only 13 players and no staff so I tried to bring up the numbers a bit.

YVG6Sz.jpg

After some cajoling the President/Owner said yes but ended up calling it off due to lack of responses.

UVfusM.jpg

c7U9U0.jpg

This was a "gray" player that was on the team he was the best of them, so I gave him a job.

SR7jl2.jpg

I would also later give jobs to Scott Smith and Gareth Craig as well to build up the number of players in the team so I can rotate a bit and or provide cover for injuries.

The next friendly match showed how good we COULD be......

cEIuw1.jpg

We had another Friendly and the team didn't play so well.....

c2uAhx.jpg

After a few preseason friendlies it was obvious that the team had only to really good players.

15jJRJ.jpg

He was named Captain and given the Mo Salah role os AMR-IF-A in the 4-3-3.

djTaDI.jpg

Lee Ellis was named Vice Captain and was to be the runner from the Midfield Three.

kWZWUr.jpg

Near the end of the month applicants started coming in for the open Staff roles and I conducted interviews.

pQaQmI.jpg

I hired the best of the Goalkeeping coaches.

UcK7xT.jpg

I hired a Chief Scout so that I could at least get reports on the opposition.

XVklvH.jpg

I hired a physio, and he would be busy soon.

Season Preview

f8oDqX.jpg

The team is expected to win the league and be promoted even though we are a newly promoted team. This is in line with the Board of Directors objectives for the season. No Pressure!

ZDAgjE.jpg

YdbT3O.jpg

beRy11.jpg

Even though we are expected to win the league only one player is a preseason pick for player awards.

Regular Season Highlights

ZoYREx.jpg

Heading into my first game in charge there were some nerves.

S45s8c.jpg

Even though we are favorites to win the league we are not favored in this matchup. Even so I expect a win.....then again I expect to win every match!

iYSmce.jpg

I signed a Head of Youth Development even though we really have no u-19 players right now this is more for next season and the future.

hzZLI7.jpg

I also hired an Assman before the first match. He is more capable than me and has a badge. Mostly I picked him for his Set Piece Preferences that reflect mine.

A6XYJv.jpg

The Owner/Board reminded me of the objectives for this season.

LloJK0.jpg

Finally, the first match came, and it was a win completed by our Captain Edwards!

S0LjZw.jpg

I am focusing on Conwy because I need to worry about getting us promoted by being the best we can be!

2zHGCB.jpg

The Owners secretary got back to me that we sold 105 season tickets for a 1,000-seat stadium!

oSEkFB.jpg

We will officially be moving into our new stadium with this next match.

Hopefully it will be our fortress on the way to the championship!

lKrI9I.jpg

We were expected to win this one......

2F0TSV.jpg

and we did emphatically.

tpSngv.jpg

The Captain continued his good play leading the team to victory!

Player of the Month

oqYnh3.jpg

9nTjDT.jpg

and I came in second for Manager of the month!

DKS48L.jpg

Looking Ahead

image.png.395b0f700d05ccf30b80e8d1b5c199f7.png

to be continued:

Edited by Hootieleece
added images , and wrote words

AVf23e.png

August 2024: Regular Season

Manager's Thoughts

The month saw the team lose twice my first two losses as a manager. I am sure there will be more in the future. Some of it because of an injury crisis in the Goalkeeping department. some of it because we actually aren't suited to playing a high defensive line. (Lack of pace) that will become more of an issue if we are promoted but I think that the "Klopp Tactics" are working fine for a team expected to win the league championship.

Schedule

image.png.7da39bdf27f9d1b11b8135b1f82914c0.png

Highlights

The first match of the month saw us get an injury worry.

3rQgPP.jpg

our number one Goalkeeper broke his hand!

hkhUWm.jpg

and could be out as much as 2 months!

Rhyic0.jpg

Gareth Craig was another of the "Gray" players that I signed for the team. He is Edwards understudy at AMR-IF-A but will also be cover for the Left Back.

He is an ML by training.

Rvtor9.jpg

In a Friendly against Mold Alex that the backroom staff agreed to......our backup keeper broke a finger. I see the beginnings of a injury Crisis.

We need a goalkeeper! We signed one off his couch! Named Callum Roberts.

The next match was in the Welsh Cup

bHEYIi.jpg

We lost on penalties while playing the youngsters to give some of our players a rest. Since the league is the boards priority.

The next match was in the league and see the team play with a full-strength side.

YyMXG7.jpg

We drew the match 1-1.

QTuhoE.jpg

In the after-match press conference I was asked about tactics. 

During this month I spent as much time trying to keep our players on the team as I did coaching them. Star Left Back Simon Taylor was offered by numerous teams but decided to stick with us.

After getting an updated non-contract offer from us.

jygCfB.jpg

6kbLa6.jpg

And it was much the same with Sam Sumpter the linchpin of our Defense and a Set-Piece Star.

eqJwgF.jpg

The team then had to travel to Holywell Town for a match.

WzQhKa.jpg

We played like the expected champions and dominated them. They ended up playing deep and we had to breakdown the bus with Set-Pieces.

IXnBkp.jpg

We are playing as expected with a novice manager......maybe the man management and motivation skills I learned in the classroom are bearing fruit.

lcvqax.jpg

and we set a team record. We must be doing something right.

eBaMSe.jpg

Guilsdield came calling to Y Morfa Stadium and we were considered favorites.

TiDWoI.jpg

The game started well enough but soon turned sour, especially since the referee was terrible.

RuO0d9.jpg

Of course, I was disapointed to lose and to lose the top spot in the table because that is the goal for the season.

League Table

yCncrq.jpg

sUEu9R.jpg

I'm sorry that I didn't take the screenshots at the right time in game.

Monthly Analysis Report

LdNGeh.jpg

We score more than we give up, but we give up too many some of that is because of our goalie situation but some of it because of our High Line.

Player of the Month

tRgwVw.jpg

Management Report

z1NJhd.jpg

7gKqW8.jpg

5PqczI.jpg

Monthly Financial Report

7DAO6D.jpg

Looking Ahead

image.png.d4fb8c7dd770e1b0a2be1e107c920620.png

to be continued:

5 minutes ago, 13th Man said:

Let’s gooo!!! 105 season ticket holders!!!

Good first few matches too. 

What’s the level of play there (maybe compared to the English pyramid)?

Vanarama North/South at best. You have to remember these are all Semi-Professional teams. There are only four professional teams in Wales (Cardiff, Swansea, The New Saints, Wrexham) Only TNS plays in the Welsh Pyramid.

As for the home games in the league we are attracting about 2500!

The hardest thing for the team is that I am not allowed Part-Time Contracts for players only staff. Which will make keeping players hard especially if we are promoted. Only one player has left so far.

On 22/10/2023 at 13:46, Hootieleece said:

Vanarama North/South at best. You have to remember these are all Semi-Professional teams. There are only four professional teams in Wales (Cardiff, Swansea, The New Saints, Wrexham) Only TNS plays in the Welsh Pyramid.

Got it.  I knew the major Welsh clubs just about played in the English leagues, but wasn't sure the state of the Welsh league on its own.  Semi-pro is it's own type of challenge.

AVf23e.png

September 2024: Regular Season

Manager's Thoughts

The team is playing well as expected even though we are using tactics that don't suit the team. Mostly it is a pace issue on the backline. But since we are favorites in most matches a lot of teams are sitting back and allowing us to press them which leads to goals. Also, since we are substantially taller and good jumpers, we do well on set pieces. Our match against a bigger team went as you would expect we lost. mostly because of pace and technical skill of our opponents. It is something for me to keep in mind for the future if we get promoted. We are on track to do just that, but the season is long.

Schedule

image.png.a38cbe00b659c8078b296c509ac08615.png

Highlights

September started with me working the contracts of our First team players to keep them on the team. This is a major problem with Non-Contracts.

CdlJa5.jpg

Liam Fish is a decent CB and is probably 3rd best but he is left footed, so he spends time in the Starting XI.

KLLzfa.jpg

The First match of the Month was in the Welsh Cup....and would be the first of a Double Header versus Rhyl 1879.

Conwy was the favorite and needed to play like it.

JRtrPY.jpg

We played well but it took to extra-time to seal the deal. Mostly because we couldn't break down their defense.

PPPMUD.jpg

I was pleased with the brace for our new Striker that helps him settle into the side. 

We then had to ready ourselves to take them on again a few days later this time at Y Morfa Stadium.

24lRBN.jpg

Another Cup game, different Cup!

Still Favored and needed to do the job.

Which we won 2-1 with a penalty shot.

With that win our cup duties were over for the month, and we looked forward to playing in the League and living up to our billing as best team in the league.

z3sZWo.jpg

Again we would play at Y Morfa Stadium and were the Favorites.

JH8Cbl.jpg

It was considered the top match of the week in our league.

QB1XRp.jpg

Gresford gave us their best shot, but we just outscored them. I am worried about our defense mostly because I don't think we have the pace to play the High Line. It shouldn't hurt us too bad in this league but will definitely be a problem at the next level.

U7xHVF.jpg

I will always believe in my team's ability to win a match!

2CHrkn.jpg

The next match would see us travel for the next match and be underdogs even though we are 2nd in the League table.

2eSINP.jpg

We are still playing the unmodified "Klopp Tactics" and we keep winning!

7ezSmm.jpg

The opposing coach was sanguine about the loss....

Rkpxvu.jpg

On the other hand, I was overjoyed with the dominant DEFENSIVE performance!

The last match of the month would see us host Haverfordwest in the Welsh Cup.

aekueK.jpg

This would be a tough match against a much bigger team, since they were recently relegated from the Top Welsh League and most of their players were on Full Part-time Contracts much bigger than any player we have makes.

lhyXuX.jpg

I was excited to see how my team stacked up against bigger competition so I could start planning for the future.

r2mgAd.jpg

We were beaten by a better team we were simply outclassed. And the Gengen Press didn't help......It works when you're the favorite but as an underdog that is outclassed you are in for a rough time.

CRtS8U.jpg

Of course, I'm aiming of getting to their level. They had several players on the field that made more than my whole team each!

League Table

LNukJ0.jpg

7N2PMR.jpg

Monthly Analysis Report

6RqiEZ.jpg

Monthly Awards

Player of the Month

u2XE3d.jpg

Manager of the Month

8zakha.jpg

M3mwgf.jpg

Maybe I have a future in the Football Managing career!

Management Report

EtOLz8.jpg

7gKqW8.jpg

5PqczI.jpg

Monthly Financial Report

1B1NeO.jpg

Looking Ahead

image.png.633c5e08783618e7f2ed01cbcec6974a.png

to be continued:

AVf23e.png

October 2024: Regular Season

Manager's Thoughts

The team is playing well even though the 4-3-3 gegen press doesn't suit the team, but because we are better than most of the teams in the league it works out ok so far. This month was a fine example as we played several of the "cellar dwellers" of our league and won all of our matches.

Schedule

image.png.62effec84df41093c3406bd71649108d.png

Highlights

The month of October started with a match against the worst team in the League. 

5pWr0T.jpg

The Match would be at the Y Morfa and we were favored since we were in first place.

YCZPwU.jpg

I was upbeat about our chances to win the match against Airbus UK.

P47Cil.jpg

We were in second because Denbigh finished their match first, before our domination of the lackluster Airbus UK was over. Airbus UK tried to make it a Rugby match, but we were up for it and being bigger and stronger especially across the backline let us set the tone in our favor.

irq47G.jpg

Don't know what was "unpredictable" about it the best team played the worst team and thrashed them.

During the time between matches I organized mentoring groups to help make our younger players better professionals.

69s8M9.jpg

The groups are quite large but are organized by position type so that the players will learn PPM's useful for their positions in their training time.

Generally, I like to have one mentor type for no more than four mentees.

The next match was against old opponents 1879 Rhyl from the back-to-back cup matches.

mmOnZg.jpg

We traveled to Rhyl for the match and were considered favorites. I kept the familiar Starting XI in place because it was working.

8K0avy.jpg

We are playing well, of course we are going to win the match!

8EBjdZ.jpg

It was a tough match played out against a team that knew a lot about our playing philosophy. The winner came from the sub-Jordan Cowan.

After the match our next match would be at the Y Morfa Stadium.

IpTupJ.jpg

Hay St. Mary's was next on our dance card and we were expected to beat the team in terrible form.

We won the match 3-0. With another good defensive performance.

E6TqOu.jpg

Crossing objectives off the boards list is always a good way to keep a job.

EQ3qK6.jpg

As a reward we will take on Holywell Town in the next round.

The Y Morfa Stadium was the sight of our next match.

mHuzk2.jpg 

It was a match against another relegation threatened team and we were favored.

uqUHON.jpg

We scored three goals in a row to take a lead before they got one back, but we put together another good performance.

yCyJtj.jpg

We are doing what we were supposed to do this season win matches!

mUUZ3I.jpg

With the Denbigh loss we get a little breathing space at the top of the table.

eUUANH.jpg

And our central midfielder was named player of the week!

15qreG.jpg

Griffith's goal was a free kick that Messi would have been proud of!

League Table

PK2sl8.jpg

uly5Ek.jpg

Monthly Analysis Report

sxQjYI.jpg

Our defense is improving after dominating the leagues cellar dwelllers.

iQkAEs.jpg

But over the whole season we have been terrible mostly due to the lack of pace in our back line, but we have the firepower to win most matches anyway.

Player of the Month

4WTC9r.jpg

WBcodB.jpg

Jacob led the line for us and bagged important goals for us.

bnTedm.jpg

I won the Manager of the Month again not bad for a novice with no badges!

Management Report

QGarCO.jpg

5IfAu7.jpg

MROXrW.jpg

Monthly Financial Report

xRnlWD.jpg

The team will be in the red by the end of the season no doubt which means we must get promoted.

Looking Ahead

image.png.d71bd6b2c7fcdd03e585c57f2934ed04.png

to be continued:

AVf23e.png

November 2024: Regular Season

Manager's Thoughts

According to the media and the table everything is great in Conwy. We are at the top of the table, but I am detecting the first signs that the Klopp tactics are beginning not to work. Even though having part-time non-contract players play like Liverpool of four years ago is a little ludicrous. Unfortunately, unless you are a tactical genius, tactical planning is a lot of copy catting so that is why I copied the team I am a fan of since they were successful. I am in the coming weeks make tweaks to the tactics and hopefully we can still reach our goal of promotion.

Schedule

image.png.95c8f314c4ca23e24e0c55823bdde9f9.png

Highlights

The month of November would start out with a trip to Prestatyn Town.

4EmEnX.jpg

We were favored and needed to do a professional job to keep our place at the top of the table.

na5RJj.jpg

It was a draw against a determined team, but it was an own goal that got them the draw. Even so I was beginning to see that the AI managers had figured out how to beat us defensively.

ABKXmJ.jpg

The Unbeaten Streak continues!

Porthamadog was the next team on the dance card.

ffpd6u.jpg

The match would be held at the Y Morfa and we were again favored.

sQ4U6w.jpg

Match of the Day!

TFqqCV.jpg

We survived a foul fest with a terrible ref and won 1-0 on an own goal!

But again I saw how the teams were stopping our attack and I would start tinkering with the tactic in the future if this kept up.

UDPW1a.jpg

Worldwide Super Stars

image.png.130052e987f26f1230e1dbc22b572ff0.png

image.png.2088b90602f3485362c285c92fc40bc2.png

image.png.6e60f9b6cfb6ddb9100254fdc21c5c75.png

image.png.4ebafeefa08a7a258eb4dd496bf4eea2.png

image.png.1e01256eed2bfb633a4bb3075a708403.png

Obviously, none of these players will ever play for Conwy, but I think this is a good way to keep track of the Gameworld.

Highlights Pt. Two

The team then headed for Bangor 1876 for the next match.

0UpjLE.jpg

Bangor was favored probably because of our recent poor play and being at home.

We played just like we did in the last match but this time we were beaten because of it losing 2-0 to Bangor 1876.

FeWJlF.jpg

We just can't expand our lead over Denbigh.

SbWpxg.jpg

Denbigh didn't play until the Next Day.

The team returned to Conwy with its tail between its legs, but had another match before long. This time Ruthin.

vwLouv.jpg 

We need to keep winning because Denbigh isn't giving us any breathing room in the race for promotion!

NpbGNy.jpg

The team won but it was another badly refereed match.

rAq2Wc.jpg

It's always good to read good press about yourself and your team.

The last match of the month was a Cup match versus Holywell.

aRr0yI.jpg

It should be a tough match with the visitors favored by the bookies.

uBHLrN.jpg

I am always upbeat about my chances.....before a match!

Especially since we are top of the league!

maP0JV.jpg

The match was a thriller even though no goals were scored until penalties were taken!

HEKlBO.jpg

Our goalie was the star with the penalty saves for the win!

As a result of the match, we will take on this team in the next round:

QoiiEG.jpg

League Table

9qxMSm.jpg

qOg6CV.jpg

Monthly Analysis Report

RRlgVS.jpg

The Defense is getting better.

45b56H.jpg

Over the whole season our attack is great! Recently it has begun to sputter.

Player of the Month

naz2Ll.jpg

Management Report

oEyTm2.jpg

XHRLKs.jpg

zMrCIw.jpg

Monthly Financial Report

Ixm7hz.jpg

Looking Ahead

image.png.81444b746afc477fa241025d99780a30.png

to be continued:

1 hour ago, DavidBeckham said:

Solid start mate! I would put money on you bagging the league! Even though I’m not a Liverpool fan, I will still be rooting for you! Keep up the good work mate! 

And I'm not a United Fan, but that doesn't stop me from enjoying your updates.

We are doing a pretty good job, but Denbigh just won't quit making this a two-horse race. Also, in the January window something happens that might change the calculus.

AVf23e.png

December 2024: Regular Season

Manager's Thoughts

It was another good month on the pitch. The team responded well to the change in roles that better fit the players. We even won the match versus Denbigh our main competition for promotion this season. Unfortunately, because of our success other teams want our players. which will mean more negotiations once the window opens in January.  We also should be able to get 4-5 players from our youth intake that we can use.

Schedule

image.png.1e692c0f5abb5947fb371835ff7cf2b7.png

Highlights

The Holiday Season would see us trying to keep our lead in the table before the big Six-Pointer with Denbigh just before Christmas.

First up was a trip to Caersws.

vW8E5D.jpg

Conwy was favored due to Caersws bad form.

f7dHFw.jpg

I think we are doing well as I tinker with the tactics a bit.....more on that later.

7DQXrB.jpg

A Big time manager comes into the League, but not enough time to make a real run at us though for promotion.

llowEV.jpg

A really good manager for this league and he makes 1/3 of what I do!

Back to the Pitch

F1eEcG.jpg

We had our way with Caersws and dominated them with the new roles.

HgOPJj.jpg

1yb1NA.jpg

Barratt has been the beneficiary of our tactical evolution.

Qeqap3.jpg

Another New Manager......Airbus is just looking to not get relegated.

JgCupj.jpg

We returned home for another match at Fortress Y Morfa!

xw0QCP.jpg

D98fTS.jpg

Our Captain led the team to victory!

eFDT79.jpg

aoFkgZ.jpg

Denbigh plays a day later than we do......

BRnHK9.jpg

Youth Intake Report

IUKnIS.jpg

Looks like we may get 4-5 players we can use next season since this league requires at least 2 u-19's in the 16 players named.

Tactical Change

KW42fj.jpg

Since the team was beginning to have problems scoring and I was tired of being asked about player roles. At the start of December I decided to adjust the player roles to ones the players were suited for.

I got rid of the Inside Forwards and changed them to wingers. The midfield 3 saw a change as well DLP-D became a BWM-D, The Carriero became a CM-A and the third player became an Advanced playmaker- Support.

I also setup overlaps and support on the wings depending on the Wingers orders.

Also, the Goalkeeper became a GK-D. The TI's remained the same still an "out of the box" gegen press.

vGNvUn.jpg

As we were doing well, I asked to go on a Coaching course before money ran out......of course they said no fearing I would leave.

The Y Morfa became a buzz with activity and expectation as the match with Denbigh neared.

9PP81i.jpg

8c0l6L.jpg

Denbigh was favored even though we sat atop the table and were the home team something to think about.

ZjpdnL.jpg

For once I let slip what I was actually thinking to the media! I almost regretted it.

IqH6Tq.jpg

Game becomes the Game of the week in the league.

2Vk0mM.jpg

Denbigh tried to turn the match into a rugby match, but it was our captain that was given marching orders!

CKPCfr.jpg

Edwards is our captain and arguably our best player....of course he will be in the lineup ASAP!

The last match of the month was against Llandloes.

JiD6wM.jpg

The home team was favored because of the Edwards suspension.

pcqBX8.jpg

We missed our Captain, but at least we didn't lose even if we threw away points due to an own goal!

XVFGC0.jpg

Two more goals for our Striker!

T1zbaA.jpg

CWekVM.jpg

With a Semi-Pro team on non-contracts there is always speculation about your best players leaving the team.

League Table

FyLpX2.jpg

Monthly Analysis Report

791DFt.jpg

Monthly Awards

Player of the Month

rmDvLU.jpg

WuZn1K.jpg

hWpKfH.jpg

Manager of the Month

zOH50Q.jpg

XoTlqI.jpg

Management Report

LH8LuF.jpg

LH8LuF.jpg

tVsTEp.jpg

Monthly Financial Report

94P0Ev.jpg

Looking Ahead

image.png.72c223b04ad0cf0cdcbb9a6d7f947e57.png

to be continued:

AVf23e.png

January 2025

Manager's Thoughts

The team had an up and down month and a lot of interest in our players from our competitors. We ended up losing our starting GK to a JD Cymru South Team. We were able to keep the rest of our players that got offers from elsewhere. The team was carried by the play of Striker Jordan Barratt and our loss was due to over-the-top balls and miserable goalkeeping in a match that XG analysis showed we should have won. We are still atop the table but because of less than perfect play we haven't been able to really separate ourselves from our title rivals Denbigh. There only Seven matches to go in the season can we see out the Title Run which is what the board is asking for? That is the question that will be answered in future updates.

Schedule

image.png.f13824567693b69f4fcdfaaed3bdcdbc.png

Highlights

VAqdZw.jpg

The first match of the new year was against Holywell and we were favored being the home team.

Just before the match our staring GK Connor Todd left the team for Alfan Lido. Mostly because for some reason I was unable to meet his demands in negotiations.

ZWSlu3.jpg

The opposing manager trying to flatter me and my team, pointless mind games!

FtoCYC.jpg

The match was a bit more exciting than it should have been, but we are susceptible to balls over the top of our defense and that exploit worked yet again. The only real way to fix it is to get a better GK or pacier defenders.

2ofT9z.jpg

Young Jordan Barratt led the line with aplomb.

OdU3m4.jpg

Things are going well....

B8BLG0.jpg

We've managed to create a breathing space in the title race, now can we keep it.

lxabL7.jpg

gEDx5l.jpg

It is always good when your best players ignore offers from other teams......more money helps incentivize them!

We were on a high and travelling to the worst team in the league....what could go wrong?

VElUg6.jpg

We were favored against the relegation threatened team and on a high!

12fAo3.jpg

dfU0BE.jpg

our backline has committed itself to our cause......

oTasJa.jpg

I was a little full of myself in this press conference if I say so myself.

u7mSME.jpg

It was the game of the day!

cHzOKW.jpg

Everything went wrong and our defense was shredded by over-the-top balls and their goalie stopped just about everything!

Rz3VBO.jpg

The undefeated run is over.....need to start another one.

RnuRyE.jpg

This loss rankled a bit as you will see.

F1TWkT.jpg

As you can see we got "FM'ed"!

In other news the Welsh Cup ended as always in the hands of the New Saints!

zlSi3O.jpg

They win it every year because they are the only professional team in the Welsh pyramid.

GPDHQR.jpg

After the loss to Guilsford we headed on the road to Gresford looking to make amends.

JVCrHQ.jpg

I am still confident that my team will win!

6fbVoF.jpg

It was another big game according to the local press.

qBczZM.jpg

Jacob Barratt had a game! Hat-Trick Hero!

Uv5MRZ.jpg

JauFtJ.jpg

Even the media are noting his good form!

The team then headed home to take on our rivals Llandudno

WqPTOX.jpg

This would be a tight derby affair.

si9tkq.jpg

The media wanted a war of words ahead of the Derby.

nu2qCr.jpg

More mind games, but I showed confidence in my team!

pv8Wzx.jpg

Guilsfield hired a new coach after beating us!

6jDD2N.jpg

The derby didn't live up to the billing except there were two teams giving it their all and all we got was a stalemate.

fbH0Qr.jpg

I started talking about the title race after the derby.

XCyAdJ.jpg

As you can see the title race is tight and hopefully Denbigh drop some points.

Only SEVEN matches to go!

League Table

Htoggm.jpg

5tXXKZ.jpg

Monthly Analysis Report

ECkWIQ.jpg

Player of the Month

fXsPQ5.jpg

4cpMM1.jpg

Management Report

gKEB8M.jpg

BFJWxx.jpg

DgrZhA.jpg

Monthly Financial Report

c8v7ix.jpg

Looking Ahead

image.png.479e0497e97e5bc2a39bf4f8645fada7.png

to be continued:

19 hours ago, keeper#1 said:

Almost there.  You got this.

Still have seven chances for it to go wrong. Denbigh just won't go away that puts pressure on us. 

5 hours ago, 13th Man said:

Seems like a smart tactical switch - simplify the roles for the semi-pros and play to their strengths.

Seems to be going according to plan too!

That is the hope, and it is doing ok.  I should have thought about it before but hindsight is 20/20.

AVf23e.png

February 2025: Regular Season

Manager's Thoughts

The team played well in the three matches in the this update. We did lose two points in a draw with Airbus UK, but our Captain led from the front in the remaining two matches with FIVE Goals in the two matches. Thus bringing us closer to our goal of winning the league and Promotion to the Cymru Premier League.

Schedule

image.png.018f4a47627e3bbbc2f6c381044f0cf1.png

Highlights

With all the downtime in February the players heads were continuing to be turned and I spent a lot of time negotiating pay raises since all of our players were non-contract. Hopefully that will change when we are in the Cymru Premier League!

qZaWAY.jpg

Our Star Left Back!

Ig5osd.jpg

One of our Starting Center backs!

qIBAf7.jpg

Couldn't keep Holloway who was wooed away by our title rivals Denbigh. He was third best of our three best center backs.

AbPj0c.jpg

That ends the January transfer window. No new deals for us.

After the transfer hubbub I was happy to return to just football with a match against Airbus UK Broughton.

ga23qu.jpg

We were not favored even though we led the table. Did the bookies know something about the other team we didn't?

1SLguT.jpg

I was asked about starting later than Denbigh in the league. I'm not sure there is a benefit to knowing what you have to do. I think it might put undue pressure on the boys.

KNWNwV.jpg

It was a tough match, and we were undone by Set Pieces for some reason even though we are among the tallest players and best jumpers in the League.

One week later we were the hosts at the Y Morfa Stadium

Vbf0oB.jpg

This time we were favored and needed to do a professional job to maintain our position with Denbigh hot on our heels.

n3zVja.jpg

Again game of the week!

6syEBX.jpg

We Dominated! Starting with a Hat-Trick from our Captain to open the match!

We let up a bit in the second half after scoring five in the first and let them score one....

Z8jNSL.jpg

The captain led the team with a Hat Trick!

One more match on the First of March

HssYQ5.jpg

Again we would be playing a relegation threatened side....

FK3tTY.jpg

Our Captain led the boys yet again to a win!

Wfh8Ci.jpg

League Table

zOeLFR.jpg

uuwxAd.jpg

A one-point lead with four remaining matches....

Monthly Analysis Report

ZHXjLX.jpg

Scoring twice as many as we are conceding that is one way to win the league!

04GZRW.jpg

Yet we are the worst defending team in the league......

Player of the Month

fS4dsw.jpg

Management Report

S0NYRA.jpg

PB0sLR.jpg

eZGKGn.jpg

Monthly Financial Report

i2Augl.jpg

Looking Ahead

image.png.fd8c32f2739f291702dd231a20272afd.png

to be continued:

AVf23e.png

March 2025: Regular Season

Manager's Thoughts

The team played up and down and lost some ground in the quest for the title which will make the final two matches important since Denbigh isn't falling off the pace. The team also has a chance for another trophy as well. This is all because we are the best attacking team in the league and that covers for our somewhat shaky defense.

Highlights

The media used the first week of March to get everyone interested in the Title Race.

4OngFi.jpg

This will be a nail-biter! Hopefully we don't bottle it!

The next match versus Prestatyn Town was to be held at the Y Morfa Stadium.

vE1Et6.jpg

Prestatyn were to be tough opposition since they were in 6th place.

byuErs.jpg

At the pre-match press conference, I exuded confidence and hoped the team would pick up on it.

tYsoCg.jpg

We lost! it was all down to a late penalty.......I won't say anything about the referee!

zJXEgE.jpg

I kept my thoughts to myself because I needed to be on the sidelines for the rest of the matches!   

After the devastating loss to Prestatyn town we headed out on the road to Porthmadog

0mY6wU.jpg

We were favored and needed to win!

XumX6f.jpg

We got the much-needed win on a penalty! See keeping my mouth shut has benefits!

Afterwards we would have a Cup Semi-Final to play instead of stewing for two weeks before our next match.

PdsV4p.jpg

The Tier 2 League Cup isn't high on my priorities, but another trophy is always nice.

NysA4P.jpg

We won and now have a Cup Final to look forward to and it will end our season!

fHbzVk.jpg

and we will face a team from the JD Cymru South in the Final.

8XiHRl.jpg

zs7Nqh.jpg

I sent my Assman to the Press Conferences for this because I was thinking about the League Title Race!

Monthly Analysis Report

ov2HDA.jpg

eYYDss.jpg

Monthly Awards

X9nRVX.jpg

gUrYA4.jpg

to be continued:

Edited by Hootieleece

AVf23e.png

April 2025: Regular Season "Looking for Lucky"

Manager's Thoughts

We didn't finish in style but won the title anyway because our rivals tripped up as well. We rebounded to win another trophy in a cup competition. A Domestic Double not bad for a novice manager. I ended up signing a new contract with Conwy after the Title win but was denied a coaching course after the cup win. This will probably be my last at Conwy unless we are successful at the next level. I don't think the current players are actually good enough to make it and I will be looking to upgrade most positions or use some of our U-19 players to round out the squad.

Schedule

image.png.bb107a1188f05b370801b7954851a317.png

Highlights

The first week of April saw the first of the last two matches played.

fANtzf.jpg

It would be at the Y Morfa and we were favored.

oafcpr.jpg

The players knew how important these matches were......

e8W5Lz.jpg

I just keep playing the Gegen press until it doesn't work.

lwrHK6.jpg

The match was a frustrating one in that we dominated but couldn't get anything by the Bangor GK!

li8HgC.jpg

Lucky for us Denbigh lost, and we kept our lead meaning it would all come down to the final day!

nYnnQ3.jpg

The Team headed to Ruthin for the final match with everything on the line.....

oafcpr.jpg

Rallying the boys in front of a big match that is what I want from my leaders!

f7m6Aq.jpg

I thought our Striker was playing well in front of the press before the match.

19KsuU.jpg

The Denbigh Head coach was more involved with what our opponents were going to do than his own team.

9fzfLB.jpg

Match of the Week and a Title Decider!

HITE9W.jpg

It was a hard-fought match and we lost, and I thought all hope of our winning the league with it, but Denbigh had lost as well leaving us the Title!

Talk about being Lucky!

vH7MdO.jpg

COEKSd.jpg

ZZd6TX.jpg

We did it! We won promotion to the JD Cymru Premiership. My Managerial Career has so far been successful.

PKOkFk.jpg

After the match among the rejoicing in the locker room I was asked about Conwy's Progress in the Football world.

Rs2gGF.jpg

Of course, I was delighted to win the title in my first season!

98PNwv.jpg

It makes it easy to win the title when your players make up Half of the Team of the Season!

XMF9U7.jpg

We were easily the best team in the league and the other teams couldn't handle "Heavy Metal" Football Liverpool Style!

League Table

IB92W2.jpg

qSsSfm.jpg
After fulfilling the objectives of the board, I decided to sign on for another season in Conwy since we would be playing in a better league.

rYVSMB.jpg

I'm pleased that I don't have to look for a new job!

After the Celebrations died down the team had another trophy to play for.....

OYSZUT.jpg

WlRdHS.jpg

We were set to take on a lower-level team from the JD Cymru South and were favored.

fNbSem.jpg

Trying to win our second trophy of the season!

LPqlEm.jpg

I thought my team was in a good place and would win the match.

Sm3qvy.jpg

We dominated another over matched team and won the trophy!

TRRRH0.jpg

We did a Double!

bJ3Vy8.jpg

The Supporters love me......I bask in the adoration of the masses! LOL!

Yj6gQB.jpg

Griffiths was the player of the match leading the team from Midfield!

pgFLMq.jpg

Of course, I was pleased with more silverware for the cabinet!

LSj2zN.jpg

I approached the Board about my badges after signing the contract and winning the Level2 Cup!

jl1AG8.jpg

Also, I hoped to work on my badges but that was quickly dashed by the board.

I will probably be leaving Conwy after next season no matter what since I am unable to get the badges, I need to climb the pyramid and make a career.

Season Review

Fan's Player of the Year

YhumvZ.jpg

Young Player of the Year

Xdej1C.jpg

Season Summary

miB66R.jpg

Season Analysis Report

8AP4yH.jpg

Board Meeting-New Season

OwSWT6.jpg

h6j3cQ.jpg

We are growing the fanbase albeit slowly!

0pVUxY.jpg

The team is behind me even though I lack badges!

After the Board meeting, I signed the better players on the roster to Part-time Contracts.

j3dJvr.jpg

8xPWkB.jpg

SAbZf2.jpg

Monthly Financial Report

rPekCd.jpg

rlYYay.jpg

fzbsEw.jpg

This is the core that I am going to build around for the next season. Expect a lot of player movement as I look to upgrade the squad. The Haverfordwest match during the season gave me much to think about the next level.

Management Report

QsFek7.jpg

frz5HY.jpg

vGLPEq.jpg

to be continued:

Edited by Hootieleece

19 hours ago, Rikulec said:

Onwards and upwards!

Thanks for the confidence. 

17 hours ago, keeper#1 said:

Congrats on the pair of trophies!

It was a bit of a shock winning the league, but the cup was a for gone conclusion.

14 hours ago, 13th Man said:

Stumbled a bit over the finish line, but managed it anyway.  Got the double and a promotion on the resume.  Let's see what the next season holds!

The board want me to to play Sean Dyche Football, but I am going to continue to gegen press this time with a 4-3-2-1 Wide DM Formation and hopefully better players.

AVf23e.png

May 2025: The Offseason Part One

th?id=OLC.f2IYhJUrJPlvfw480x360&w=249&h=140&c=8&rs=1&qlt=90&pid=3.1&rm=2

Rhyl East Beach in North Wales for a few days of Relaxation.

Highlights

ViKqs7.jpg

None of our players made player of the year....I think our many entries split the vote!

6AL7yu.jpg

We signed a new striker even though Barratt had a great season and was just given a new contract. This guy is cheap!

8SEq27.jpg

We signed this player to become our new AMC-AP-A in the 4-2-3-1 DM Wide. His biggest advantages over our other players is pace and finishing.

RJQs1f.jpg

I am in search of better midfielders and attribute wise he is better than at least some of our current players.

o9lNBz.jpg

And I got the last of the Four Horsemen of our Defense to sign on the dotted line.

q124XE.jpg

In other world news Liverpool won a Treble winning the FA Cup while Arsenal won the Premier League. Man City came in 5th and got into Champions League on Coefficients!

BMGeCq.jpg

I have increased in several attributes due to my successful season even without the badges.

Management Report

kz8qOX.jpg

SXjhig.jpg

dC5JlH.jpg

Monthly Financial Report

BpzbzW.jpg

to be continued:

AVf23e.png

June 2025: Offseason Part Two

Highlights

sO5d40.jpg

Considering we are in the red......that is good news, I guess.

6lcxuY.jpg

We're moving up in Leagues and the prices of tickets are going down? When it says ticket prices are going up!

wEsfq1.jpg

The League we are joining is getting better. Not top 100 but close enough for a Semi-Professional Team from North Wales.

ruEHe6.jpg

We hired the best scout available and for this level he's great!  12 JPA and 12 JPP!

EKPKOB.jpg

We are one of two newly promoted teams!

5nJEME.jpg

We're moving on up within Wales!

6qWVcx.jpg

Basically, the board just want us to be competitive! I can do that even with the terrible players I have......

Gegen Press is OP!

AqCIiT.jpg

At least we got TV Money this season! Even though that doesn't even pay my salary!

PrimG9.jpg

This was a player I was looking to sign but he joined our newly promoted rivals Barry Town instead.

wUTF9t.jpg

Daniel Parry-Jones

Kurtis Rees

Ryan Holmes

Josh Williams

Sam Jones

None of the players signed is much better than what I already had except all are significantly pacier/faster.

Most will work well with the 4-3-3 even though I am thinking of going with 4-3-2-1 DM Wide.

ucWLMH.jpg

I still need a better Goalkeeper.....

Management Report

ANsUsO.jpg

p1LEbI.jpg

u8PFXS.jpg

Monthly Financial Report

u8PFXS.jpg

to be continued:

AVf23e.png

July 2025: Preseason

Manager's Thoughts

After a mostly discouraging offseason where I failed to really attract quality players. I decided on a change of formation from the 4-3-3 DM Wide that worked so well during last season to a 4-2-3-1 DM Wide but with the same TI's and Gegen Press. Think Klopp Liverpool 2015-2016. The new players were pacier and that helped but the core was still  slow as molasses. The new formation worked well in the preseason, but we had problems against better competition like what I fear will be in the JD Cymru Premier. This is mostly based on playing recently relegated Haverford West in a cup last Season and York City in this Preseason. 

Schedule

image.png.6ec9dfa31ec644fcf59fdbfa30e1f0cd.png

Highlights

I started the month on getting another CB to provide cover.

eaAXYn.jpg

zqd67h.jpg

I am pleased with my signings, but I still wonder if they will be enough to keep us in the Welsh Premier League!

bJuXB0.jpg

The Welsh League Cup has us playing against old foes Bangor 1876 in the first competitive match of the season.

YIuTFl.jpg

I brought in a Defensive Midfielder that is much better than any of the current players and that should help the defense overall.

DI0OJ8.jpg

Coaches with much better attributes and qualifications are getting jobs in this league.....

5NgaZP.jpg

And I spent much of the preseason in between matches renegotiating with the players to keep some of whom I had wished to replace but couldn't find a significant upgrade we could attract.

0wtqni.jpg

rfJtIv.jpg

WOootX.jpg

These players are on cheap deals and could leave in the future but for now they provide cover and or play in the starting lineup depending on circumstances.

We played well in the Preseason except for our match against York of the Vanarama National League. They definitely outclassed us on the pitch and off of it as well with the salaries of their players. They were fully professional and star players were earning $45k to $12k for our star players. (per year)

xhZtCI.jpg

zYqPAi.jpg

Season Preview

image.png.32d70bb6df57180e7591d0f4284d0298.png

Being 400-1 means the bookies and Media expect us to get relegated. I am just looking at getting into 10th place and staying up. I think 33 points will do it. 

kCQEAu.jpg

xVWs3r.jpg

bto0hq.jpg

Of course, being relegation candidates mean none of our players are on the preseason lists for awards.

Maybe we'll shock the world!

Management Report

Vu1U9g.jpg

ege6ZP.jpg

ADDDtE.jpg

Monthly Financial Report

IMMSKM.jpg

Looking Ahead

image.png.f86bd17779d874497502049604de0d9c.png

to be continued:

AVf23e.png

August 2025: Regular Season "Rollin"

Manager's Thoughts

I came into the season with trepidation based on the two matches against bigger competition we had played and expected a big step up for us. I was also determined to keep playing a Gegen press style approach even though we are underdogs.  I think that the approach is working because the AI doesn't expect it and expects us to "Park the Bus" because we have been big underdogs in every match. In every match after we get the first goal or two it is the AI the "Parks the Bus" and we then control the game and play for Set-Pieces which we are good at being tall and good jumpers. So far it is working, and we are well on our way towards safety from relegation. Let's just say we are "Rollin'".

Schedule

image.png.85806f36bafbd479df9527572465ec8d.png

Highlights

The first competitive match of the season was a Cup match versus Bangor 1876.

4b6FfV.jpg

I decided to field a strong team for the cup match as I saw it as dress rehearsal for the start of the season.

XnkyGg.jpg

We played well and dominated the action. Bangor played us like we were a much bigger team and parked the bus, but it was all for naught as we scored late with a Set-Piece rebound!

GaI9lj.jpg

Our new DM had a great debut among a few others.

kgz95Q.jpg

We signed last year's second half GK as a backup/emergency GK.

R98m88.jpg

Our Star Left Back has gone missing from training.....shouldn't have given him such a lucrative deal but he is one of the few players that will probably make it at this higher level.

He will also sit out the season opener as further punishment.

Ebfoo2.jpg

The Board wants me to try and avoid relegation and be competitive in the cups. That is what my objective is also. If we get off to a good start we may have relegation beaten before the league splits into Championship and Playoff Divisions.  Since there are 32 matches in the season my goal is to get 33 points which should be enough for 10th place and safety.

V4j4pL.jpg

As a reward for beating Bangor we get a trip to Connah's Quay!

After all that it was time for the first match of the new season and Bala Town was coming to visit the Y Morfa Stadium.

66l8hm.jpg

We were underdogs, but never bet against home underdogs according to Hootie rule of Football Wagering.

v7KEVg.jpg

Bala Town was shocked that we tried to play on the front foot and pressed them hard even though it took Set-Pieces for us to score. We really controlled the match.

After the historic victory against Bala we then had a trip to Pontypridd for the next match.

hNgMAW.jpg

Again we were big underdogs but I was going to play "Heavy Metal" Football and see where that takes us.

xPWFLF.jpg

Complete domination, Pontypridd didn't know what hit them as we blitzed them for FIVE goals!

NsR7oq.jpg

and it was our Backup Striker, Last Season's leading scorer Barratt that led the team to victory.

CswRBy.jpg

I was pleased with his contribution to the game.

After the glorious victory in Pontypridd we returned home to take on Caernarfon Town at Y Morfa Stadium.

RkSNP5.jpg

Again, we were considered "underdogs".

od5o94.jpg

Another great performance! 

w1kf9h.jpg

We went out to a two zero lead and then were pegged back by a goal against the run of play and Barratt scored a finisher in Extra time to cap the victory and send all 190 fans home happy!

gSA8Ii.jpg

It was a bit of a pyrrhic victory with our starting Goalkeeper getting injured and being out for almost two months! (I have noticed more injuries to goalies during matches in this year's match engine. No more not having a backup keeper on the bench)

Conwy next had to take on Carmarthen Town in the next fixture.

gfC1pq.jpg

We are still considered underdogs because no one is taking us seriously yet.......

5awMey.jpg

Another Historic Victory because of working the ball into the box and Set Pieces.

ByQ3vc.jpg

We went out to a 3-0 lead before they knew what hit them even though they tried to "Park the bus" after the first goal. 

DTHh1V.jpg

Set-Pieces were how we scored we outclassed them in the Air!

KhmUmc.jpg

cD4iHG.jpg

and just to make sure we didn't lose a key player I renegotiated another deal.

dYvQjO.jpg

League Table

pZ3ZiR.jpg

EFoR67.jpg

Monthly Analysis Report

C1rpm9.jpg

scoring many more than we concede is the recipe for winning Football!

Monthly Awards

P8VnG2.jpg

hD0HGv.jpg

Wright has played magnificently playing well in defense and getting forward to score as well!

xtrEXG.jpg

n7g2cB.jpg

Management Report

vQRkkJ.jpg

ZmjFWl.jpg

CzWeA8.jpg

Monthly Financial Report

lJUePs.jpg

Looking Ahead

image.png.d1b9fb510adc0172a3f15ebd2c58ecdc.png

to be continued:

Being big, tall, and fast can really be a massive advantage at the lower levels. I should know, that was pretty much me, though I got a bit more intelligent and skillful in my mid 20s.
Seems to be working so far though! Wonder when sides will start to park the bus on you?

Just now, 13th Man said:

Being big, tall, and fast can really be a massive advantage at the lower levels. I should know, that was pretty much me, though I got a bit more intelligent and skillful in my mid 20s.
Seems to be working so far though! Wonder when sides will start to park the bus on you?

They are generally parking the bus about 30 minutes in after the first or second goals and then it becomes TI's: Work the Ball into the box, Play for Set Pieces, and more Expressive.   I give up an occasional over the top ball but it is really us controlling games when we shouldn't.......Gegen Press is OP in the match Engine. No way a bunch of Semi-Pro's with low stamina and fitness should be able to pull it off. 

I am a Liverpool Fan and that is the most obvious tactic for me to emulate.

However OP gegen is, it shouldn’t work without players that are at least more fit, fast, etc than their opponents. I would think it would be extra effective at the lower levels, then get less effective with good but not top top professionals (when teams have the composure and quality to play through the press), then be excellent again with the right top players.  
That’s kind of what I’ve found in game as well…

AVf23e.png

September 2025: Regular Season "Imperfect Circle"

Manager's Thoughts

The start of the month saw us brought back down to earth a bit after our fast start. We then rallied and won every match for the rest of the month. Including a cup tie with Connah's Quay which we went down 2-0! The gegen press is still working and is scaring teams into defensive postures and bad passes that we are so far capitalizing on. Eventually this run of form will end but I am hoping that by that time we will have enough points to achieve safety.

Schedule

image.png.b9340553919024c5b9fc3f22b465c404.png

Highlights

The month of September started with the Transfer Window Closing and other than our summer signings no business from us.

Q9BPXi.jpg

Q9BPXi.jpg

Qrn6Fv.jpg

We had brought in eight players of generally better quality than the players we already had....but they were far from the quality of the New Saints.

Harvey Green is the best of the bunch and I will look to build around him in the future. Some of the players are being retrained as DM's because of our change in formation. Many of these players were signed before I made that decision. A bit of mistake but it is working well on the pitch so far.

There was an international break that gave us a rest from matches, but I had some players play with the U-19's during the break.

tMXSWA.jpg

Unfortunately, our Backup Left Back will be out meaning our Starting Left back will be worn out after the hectic schedule forced on us by the break.

After the break we started playing again our first opponent was newly promoted Barry Town.

LFBU8u.jpg

Because of our Dismal Preseason Ranking and the fact, they were the home team Barry town was favored.

I decided to extend some of the Starters break by rotating the squad for this match.

5NLt6k.jpg

It was a mistake to play the squad players and we had trouble defending against a 4-4-2 that played direct "Route One" Football even though they claimed to be a Control Possession side.

After the loss to Barry Town, we headed back to Conwy looking to rectify the situation against Colwyn Bay at the Y Morfa Stadium.

4M3ufU.jpg

I learned from my mistake and played the strongest possible team.....

OJMDkS.jpg

We controlled the game but couldn't find the net....but we got the one we needed for the win out of 26 Shots!

KgpEkT.jpg

He is an MC-AP being retrained as Segundo-Volante and he will be missed in the next match.

We had a Cup match next against a real minnow Nantile Town.

3QWlM9.jpg

I rotated the team again due to injuries and the need for rest.

LWfmt9.jpg

The squad players dominated but our goal tending left something to be desired.

j3fhpR.jpg

As a reward we get Alfan Lido at the end of the month!

The next match saw us travel to Newtown FC

bSLOq6.jpg

The home team was heavily favored but I was ready with a rested starting XI.

Nj5SBn.jpg

Newtown Park the Bus after a red card and made it difficult for us but eventually due to a set piece we scored the winning goal and added another for good measure.

The next match saw us play in the Welsh Cup away at Connah's Quay

The hosts went out to a 2-0 Lead and at halftime I let the players have it with a Hairdryer afterwards we played like champions!

WoFRJK.jpg

FQqRY1.jpg

and as a reward for our hard fought victory we will play:

tUMs2J.jpg

The Best team in Wales not in the English Pyramid and only Professional team.

Lv1ZyS.jpg

The Welsh League Cup was next versus Alfan Lido.

c1hsPn.jpg

for the first time all season we were favored by the bookies and media!

n9Qlek.jpg

One game at a time, let's get a win here and then worry about the next opponents.

SU46GN.jpg

The pundits were right for once as we took it to them!

ZJxp5j.jpg

The captain leading by example and sharing the ball with teammates!

zPtjWL.jpg

I was happy with the play of our squad players in a half rotated starting XI!

NodDOu.jpg

As a reward we will play another match!

League Table

VSdeHa.jpg

wROq8u.jpg

Monthly Analysis Report

4XlDxU.jpg

Analysis says we are extremely shaky in defense even though we are giving up less than a goal a match and expected goals are less than 1/match!

Player of the Month

iMgqb9.jpg

Management Report

HNgNHE.jpg

MnP3FI.jpg

Zz6ROD.jpg

Monthly Financial Report

c1pjbu.jpg

Looking Ahead

image.png.67228a10a49eaf290f5925651e8a1451.png

to be continued:

18 minutes ago, Carambau said:

And their name was "Total Network Solutions" before they changed it :) 

They'll be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions this evening

Edited by Vakama2619

AVf23e.png

October 2025: Regular Season

Manager's Thoughts

We continued our good play until we started playing the better teams in the league. We tied Bala Town and lost to TNS and Connah's Quay. As the more than once a week matches began to take a toll on our part time players. The Referee also made sure we only tied Bala Town and lost to Connah's Quay. Against TNS their superior training and quality began to show in the second half and allowed them to win the match. Our success has been predicated on getting an early goal and then controlling the match with possession and Set Pieces as weaker opponents Parked the Bus after our early goals. Time to start thinking about a Plan B for better teams or recruiting better players or both!

Schedule

image.png.f90eb46567d6ef8f76503fc9856d9047.png

Highlights

The first match of October saw the team host Penybont at the Y Morfa Stadium.

6RzRTf.jpg

Even though we were on top of the table and had won our last five matches we were home underdogs!

8bqj6R.jpg

The statement game is delayed because of TNS International Call ups!

PyyINU.jpg

The Penybont match went to plan after they scored the first goal! We responded and got some help from the referee.

y6a0x7.jpg

but we lost our starting Left Back for the rest of the month.

auY9EA.jpg

Highlights and sitting a top the table.....not bad for relegation candidates!

QcMgfb.jpg

We don't have a lot of cover and the U-19's are far from ready.

Y5NVIQ.jpg

It is part and parcel of football, we already missed our starting goalie for a month!

We then hit the road to Cardiff to take on the Met Uni team....

tppm05.jpg

Another Relegation candidate is picked to beat us! can we keep up the streak?

tCJl2G.jpg

Again, we went down to an early goal and after halftime and some substitutions we took control and won the match.

nk3aVb.jpg

One of my preferred destinations is having trouble already firing a manager!

FoLhbD.jpg

We will play Connah's Quay FC in the Quarterfinal of the Welsh Cup!

After the Cardiff Met Uni win, we again hit the road for Bala Town and another tough match.

1yfH2Q.jpg

nQNDsQ.jpg

One of my CM's doesn't want to be part of a DM rotation.....I am looking to rid myself of him and bring in a better player in January for the stretch run.

BMlkLd.jpg

He can demand all he wants.....not going to happen for tactical reasons. the 4-2-3-1 DM Wide is working wonders so far!

aj1Tbv.jpg

This was a tough match, but the home team was helped by the referee with THREE Penalty Kicks! and we scored off of Set pieces to open and close the match with it ending in a Draw!

l9hvNE.jpg

and next we take on the New Saints in a Cup match! This will be a great test!

VdKEJt.jpg

We played our usual way with a mostly Starting XI barring injuries and suspensions and played the professionals well but lost.

CeC2a8.jpg

rgxxem.jpg

and we lost our Right Winger for most of the rest of the season!

5Mfwxx.jpg

As XG shows we gave them a match for about 60 minutes when we began to wear down, they took advantage.

We returned home to Y Morfa Stadium beaten but unbowed. We were to take on Connah's Quay on the 1rst of November.

JcmqIs.jpg

Again we were home underdogs!

qXRN5K.jpg

The referee decided the match in which only our players got yellow cards and they got a late penalty!

hCr72f.jpg

Monthly Analysis Report

oQv6tg.jpg

Player of the Month

VgyHRi.jpg

The backup AMC had quite a month off the bench.

Management Report

nS6jZr.jpg

IQQmAd.jpg

UiCwsA.jpg

Monthly Financial Report

SgqFnC.jpg

Looking Ahead

image.png.0ac49bd0372f74a7379d03418d3cd0b6.png

to be continued:

AVf23e.png

November 2025

Manager's Thoughts

The month was a mixed bag. We lost to the good teams and beat our relegation competitors even though we were underdogs. We have most likely lost any chance of winning the league due to our losses to TNS, but then again it would be a miracle for this bunch to pull that off. Probably worse odds than Leicester in 2015! We are on target to remain safely in the league with 1-2 more wins. That is the goal as I will then try to find better players to keep us in the fight for a European place. This is all due to our phenomenally lucky start to life after promotion!

Schedule

image.png.4cb68af1ad2381367e9cc94953b3ec54.png

Highlights

After the loss to Connah's Quay we headed back to Conwy with our tail between our legs.

and one of our disgruntled players agreed to leave in January.

AAo19T.jpg

Pontypridd was the next team on the schedule.

ayBMxT.jpg

The relegation threatened team was favored against us at home!

4dUIvh.jpg

Never bet against home underdogs!

Y70fsY.jpg

The U-19 player I was using as a backup AML gets hurt.....in his debut start after scoring!

WeAU0n.jpg

us9yED.jpg

He had been lighting it up for the U-19's and our captain needed a rest and Pontypridd was the perfect game for it.

td0AmK.jpg

In world news, Jude Bellingham becomes the best player in the world ahead of Kylian Mbappe!

After the Pontypridd match, we had a difficult encounter with TNS next:

8ba9Ka.jpg

this is one time I might bet the favorites....since this was rescheduled due to international commitments of their players.

3UK9Rt.jpg

We fought hard and it was a red card and our going down to ten men that clinched it for the favorites!

After the loss to TNS we went on the road to Carmarthen Town

hsDXeh.jpg

The Home team was favored......even though we were still a top the table.

znbbn9.jpg

They scored early and threw off our game plan......we fought back but it wasn't enough.

Again we returned downtrodden to Y Morfa Stadium.

SlrtlJ.jpg

Our fellow promoted team was the next opponent on the schedule and they were favored even though we were the home team!

MWLoQX.jpg

We managed to win but it took another missed penalty by our opponents to give us all 3 points!

VL9ihk.jpg

Another U-19 AML was given a debut and scored!

WB716P.jpg

I made sure that the backup right back was on a full part-time basis.

We then headed for Colwyn Bay and the last match of the month.

hsVcrl.jpg

According to the bookies and media it would be another tough match for us.

UHSMYx.jpg

We escaped with a draw with a late goal by super-sub Barratt last season's leading scorer!

TZyGa1.jpg

We loaned out our best defensive prospect so he maybe better for us in the future!

League Table

OQzT3i.jpg

ZBNByL.jpg

Monthly Analysis Report

mfSqjp.jpg

Still scoring more than we are giving up, but the conceded goals number is creeping up.

Player of the Month

luONmR.jpg

The backup BWM-DM-D put on a show in several appearances this month even scoring a goal!

Management Report

G7tCWH.jpg

pgxM2j.jpg

Yh5efg.jpg

Monthly Financial Report

uqYhAh.jpg

We are only spending about half the wage budget and are in the red......the supporter bake sales aren't enough!

Looking Ahead

image.png.3f48b709490e716a5048e53e2910d542.png

to be continued:

image.png

image.png

AVf23e.png

December 2025

Manager's Thoughts

Our play all season has been above our level and like Daedalus we are coming back to earth after flying too close to the sun. We are still playing hard and are a tough out but the better teams especially TNS show that they are just better than us. We have made it to safety with 12 matches left to play. That is a magnificent achievement and one to be proud of, but this will probably be my last at Conwy mostly because I can't attract the players needed to make this success sustainable and the financial situation of the club won't allow me to complete any courses for coaching licenses.

Schedule

image.png.eefb4c03b6f4aa9803b53e2553c9a9bf.png

Highlights

The first match of December would see us take on Newtown FC at the Y Morfa Stadium.

MDYgth.jpg

We dominated the proceedings like we had in September and October!

Sq0aTa.jpg

rw9xqr.jpg

isHKBA.jpg

Highlights on the local channels!

As you can see from the table we are probably safe from relegation it just hasn't become official.

After our Victory against Newtown FC we were faced with a sterner test: Caernafon Town who were behind us in Third Place in the table.

xZAd4j.jpg

of course we were underdogs but we would try to catch TNS.......with a win!

nfQChf.jpg

Another match where we fought valiantly but having a man sent off was too much for us.

idCRki.jpg

After the Match the Youth Intake Report came in and I am excited that we may have a player or two.

bsCAiz.jpg

We could use players of all positions, but we are thin on the wings and midfield, and this doesn't really change that.

mtpK8Q.jpg

But the biggest news we are officially SAFE from relegation!

I thought we would eke it out near the bottom of the table, going into the season I was looking for 10th place and to have more points than matches played.  We have definitely overachieved. Our start was nothing short of miraculous!

0SmTJo.jpg

Another of my favorite clubs fired a manager......perhaps one day in the future I will apply. First, I need some licenses!

We were on the road again this time in Penybront

OJi6Sd.jpg

We were still underdogs!

YqEblq.jpg

We went down early but continued to fight and were able to draw level but unable to separate from the hosts!

The final match of the month would see us play Gap Connah's Quay again on the road.

zFmXRl.jpg

The Underdog role suits us and the opponents were in fine form it would be a tough match.

kUXqPA.jpg

We took an early lead but couldn't hold it! As Connah's Quay fought back.

dJWawC.jpg

I am happy right now but if the right players become available I will spend.....

KPL9BZ.jpg

I am looking for a winger to replace Jones who won't be back to March!

League Table

gPCxkv.jpg

sqr49V.jpg

Monthly Analysis Report

HcrXSc.jpg

Player of the Month

RLRIjQ.jpg

Management Report

jjjXdq.jpg

QxwmsI.jpg

oJzlLM.jpg

Monthly Financial Report

Pc0UCV.jpg

Looking Ahead

image.png.62b7711cb388ee05486c474b0762fa53.png

to be continued:

AVf23e.png

January 2026

Manager's Thoughts

The team battled hard won a couple and lost a couple of matches. The losses came back-to-back against the class of the League TNS. We added two players who should help us get better especially midfield playmaker Burchell. With him coming into the squad we have switched back to the 4-3-3 DM Wide of last season. The team was able to transition rather quickly because the roles and responsibilities were roughly the same as the 4-2-3-1 DM Wide, we had used this season. We have a chance to make Europe this season if we do, I will stay for one more season in Wales.

Schedule

image.png.48e561426fe869aa4fb781d2e2c777a0.png

Highlights

January started off with a great victory!

Xr1wuX.jpg

We controlled the match and dominated the game like we had all season when we won.

MyFrRw.jpg

Our AMC-AP-A was the man leading the line!

The last match of the first 22 was against TNS and we didn't expect to win....

CAjbkp.jpg

We would try again and probably give them a game but be brave losers......

Cxaufv.jpg

as expected......another brave showing in a loss.

gyjYWM.jpg

A recent signing a AMR made his debut, just signed a few days before the match.

YAq0pe.jpg

ISVDxU.jpg

He is about the best player we can attract that has any pace and skill for the position.

hCCnS3.jpg

The New Saints keep their tight grip on Welsh Football.

After the league split we are in the Championship Division and will finish no lower than 6th place. 10 matches against the rest of the qualifiers for the European places.

We made a signing of a true midfield playmaker that should be a big help to our team. 

cNcHCH.jpg

MFwSWy.jpg

He is by far the most technical player on my team by far.

With the signing of Burchnell we switched back to a 4-3-3 so he could play his favored position.

In the next match we would take on Connah's Quay again!

msUhU5.jpg

Glorious Underdogs once again.......

ckLKN5.jpg

We played well after two early lapses in concentration allowed them to score two goals. The 4-3-3 did its job and we were able to escape with a draw.

1G6JIL.jpg

Our Starting Striker goes down for over a month!

SynUJu.jpg

We then returned to the Y Morfa Stadium for the final match of the month.

mXnfbe.jpg

Caernarfon Town would be tough customers but we were ready.

GR0i6l.jpg

Burchell led the team and won it with a Free Kick goal!

uxawpV.jpg

We are now just fighting for European places as all of our losses to TNS make it impossible to catch them with 7 matches to go!

eEu7l8.jpg

If we could find a better player for any position that would join us I would sign him.

League Table

mMFIdX.jpg

8opDSI.jpg

Monthly Analysis Report

DIzC0O.jpg

Our Team attack makes for good reading....defense not so much.

Player of the Month

zkr2US.jpg

ooRg0f.jpg

Management Report

jYvfRP.jpg

da4r6g.jpg

l21NI3.jpg

Monthly Financial Report

AnneVU.jpg

Looking Ahead

image.png.aee42621d34b666bf18465b3a83e0b72.png

to be continued: