Can Potential Ability change?

Hi all,

i’ve a curiosity, CA and PA are made by every save and it possible to change, but, if i’ve a player with 4 potential stars (3 yellow stars and 1 white), is it possible to change in the game?

if yes, what affect change?

thanks

After a game has started, no, with the very small caveat that PA can go DOWN in some very rare cases where a player has a massive injury.

Before the game is started, most players will have a fixed PA, which will remain. However, some young players are given a "PA range", since it is hard to gauge exactly how good a young player can be, that can be 130-160, or 140-170 or the like, so this will change (within the limits) for each save.

I will also note that the stars are NOT the same as CA or PA, but rather how a staff member judges CA or PA. The better staff will give more accurate stars, and the time they have looked at the player will also impact it.

The stars also represent how good they are compared to the rest of your team. So if you take a 3 star potential player from Manchester City and have the same player for a League One side, that player will have 5 star ability there, so do keep that in mind. Also, if you have many players that is 5 star potential, but then buy a player with far higher potential, then the rest will get lower rating since it compares to the rest of your 

So the ACTUAL underlying number will (almost) never change, but the star count will.

17 minutes ago, Mik_Fe said:

Thanks XaW.. infact my question was: "when save is started and created" the PA can't be change... and is that right?:onmehead:

Yes, with the small exception of major injuries as I mentioned, but that is negligible, really.

39 minutes ago, Brother Ben said:

Phew! I thought that was going to become the annual "dynamic potential" debate thread for a moment then.

Hahah, yeah

13 minutes ago, warlock said:

Aww!! You had to say it. Just wait... :mad: :lol:

Here it is - 

I must add it before the thread get locked 

I think PA should be dynamic because as it is now - 

1.) You can remember all the players with high PA and every save game is almost the same

2.) There are no late bloomers, players can't suddenly get better attributes late in the career but we have many examples in real life

3.) At the age of 15-16 you already know the player will not be good if he has low PA.

It is really stupid when you know that the player have no chance to become a good player already at the age of 15 because PA is fixed 
( you don't have to use editor or anything to figure out if the player has high PA or not )

That's it

Edited by Marko1989

guys, I opened this post because in my career, a 17-year-old player with 4 potential (3 yellow stars and 1 white) started playing 4/5 games regularly due to injury to the owner, and I saw that his PA became 4.5 (3.5 yellow stars and 1 white star), it seemed to me a legitimate question:lol:

19 minutes ago, Mik_Fe said:

guys, I opened this post because in my career, a 17-year-old player with 4 potential (3 yellow stars and 1 white) started playing 4/5 games regularly due to injury to the owner, and I saw that his PA became 4.5 (3.5 yellow stars and 1 white star), it seemed to me a legitimate question:lol:

Yeh, that's the perception of your coaches, getting more accurate the more they see him play. That's not PA.

41 minutes ago, Mik_Fe said:

Yeah, more game time means your coaches get a better look at him, if he's in good form, he may be overrated by coaches too, the same with bad form 

It's all relative to the other players in the squad too 

5 hours ago, Mik_Fe said:

Ha ha sorry mate, not aimed at you at all  :).  Your question was a good one.

15 hours ago, Marko1989 said:

Hahah, yeah

Here it is - 

I must add it before the thread get locked 

I think PA should be dynamic because as it is now - 

1.) You can remember all the players with high PA and every save game is almost the same

2.) There are no late bloomers, players can't suddenly get better attributes late in the career but we have many examples in real life

3.) At the age of 15-16 you already know the player will not be good if he has low PA.

It is really stupid when you know that the player have no chance to become a good player already at the age of 15 because PA is fixed 
( you don't have to use editor or anything to figure out if the player has high PA or not )

That's it

Knew it :D

These threads may help

• XaW locked this topic