FM23: Manchester United The Ten Hag era

sedge11

16 minutes ago, sedge11 said:

I binned him off as soon as I could, not good enough. Believe I sold him to Porto for about 24 mil.

Yea I enjoy the newgens coming through as well. I think Corbalan is gonna become one of the best in the game on mine.

Fuentes looks really good, play a couple of positions as well. Another Argie just like Corbalan haha.

Right thought so, i can't handle keeping both Fred & ScottieĀ :D

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I have decided to leave Man Utd but carry the save on. I love the team I have built and the youngsters I have, but after dominating league for the last 3 seasons winning it by 14 , 17 and 16 points, I just don't think I would enjoy doing another season. I also am not sure what I would do with the team. I want to carry this save on for a few more seasons, so I have resigned from the job, and taken a new job.

So this was our record.

Manutdtrophies.thumb.png.40e8be569732f5771603cc6661273467.png

So we won 3 league titles, 3 Carabao cups, 1 Fa cup, 1 Champs league and 1 Europa league. Very happy with that, though I would of liked to win 1 or 2 more Fa cups, as it took until our final season to win it.

This what FM says was our best 11 over the 5 seasons.

overallbest11.thumb.png.025ee78183516e5ed56ab4e4072d9e2c.png

I can't really argue too much with that either.

So my best 3 signings would be:

1. Bijlow - came in when De Gea got injured for 6 months, won the golden glove 3 seasons in a row, won world goalkeeper of the year, and was a huge reason we won the champs league saving penalties in 2 shootouts.

2. Kane - scored alot of goals and was a big reason for our success.

3. Corbalan - Only had 1 season with him, but he was brilliant and for only 5.5 mil (11.5 if all bonuses met) I think he will become the best regens on the game.

My best 3 players were:

1. Rashford - Just brilliant for all 5 seasons, in his worst season he still had a combined 33 goals and assists.

2. Bijlow - for reasons mentioned above

3. Kane/Bruno - Couldn't decide between the 2.

I do have a couple of regrets, selling Amad Diallo I wish I had kept him and played him. Also Garnacho, he had a really good 1st couple of seasons, then when I changed tactic I didn't play him as much.

As I say the save continues, there were a few jobs that come up but we have gone to Roma, their highest finish is 6th and they haven't won anything since season 2 so a big job to do. Poch has taken my place as Man Utd manager.

I am hoping to come back to Man Utd in 4-5 seasons time and finish the save by doing 1-2 more seasons back here. I will keep updated on how on Man Utd do, how Corbalan develops and if I come back.

On 13/05/2023 at 21:46, ThanatosAFC said:

So how we feel about Scottie? Arsenal came in with a loan offer with a mandatory fee of Ā£20 mil included. Do you guys keep him around or do you move him?

Get rid, i managed to get Ā£32 mill from Fulham for him.Ā  Could not accept the offer quick enough

15 hours ago, sedge11 said:

So I have decided to leave Man Utd but carry the save on. I love the team I have built and the youngsters I have, but after dominating league for the last 3 seasons winning it by 14 , 17 and 16 points, I just don't think I would enjoy doing another season. I also am not sure what I would do with the team. I want to carry this save on for a few more seasons, so I have resigned from the job, and taken a new job.

So this was our record.

Manutdtrophies.thumb.png.40e8be569732f5771603cc6661273467.png

So we won 3 league titles, 3 Carabao cups, 1 Fa cup, 1 Champs league and 1 Europa league. Very happy with that, though I would of liked to win 1 or 2 more Fa cups, as it took until our final season to win it.

This what FM says was our best 11 over the 5 seasons.

overallbest11.thumb.png.025ee78183516e5ed56ab4e4072d9e2c.png

I can't really argue too much with that either.

So my best 3 signings would be:

1. Bijlow - came in when De Gea got injured for 6 months, won the golden glove 3 seasons in a row, won world goalkeeper of the year, and was a huge reason we won the champs league saving penalties in 2 shootouts.

2. Kane - scored alot of goals and was a big reason for our success.

3. Corbalan - Only had 1 season with him, but he was brilliant and for only 5.5 mil (11.5 if all bonuses met) I think he will become the best regens on the game.

My best 3 players were:

1. Rashford - Just brilliant for all 5 seasons, in his worst season he still had a combined 33 goals and assists.

2. Bijlow - for reasons mentioned above

3. Kane/Bruno - Couldn't decide between the 2.

I do have a couple of regrets, selling Amad Diallo I wish I had kept him and played him. Also Garnacho, he had a really good 1st couple of seasons, then when I changed tactic I didn't play him as much.

As I say the save continues, there were a few jobs that come up but we have gone to Roma, their highest finish is 6th and they haven't won anything since season 2 so a big job to do. Poch has taken my place as Man Utd manager.

I am hoping to come back to Man Utd in 4-5 seasons time and finish the save by doing 1-2 more seasons back here. I will keep updated on how on Man Utd do, how Corbalan develops and if I come back.

Congrats on a successful 5 years

I have at least 3 more years left, i want the record for most EFL Cups and am currently 2 behind Liverpool and City.Ā  I have won the last 2 so hopefully i can do it.

I also need 2 FA Cups to beat Arsenal. I have a semi against Liverpool this year so hopefully can win it this year and move level with Arsenal

I need 10 Champions League to overtake Real, don't think that will happen!!

5 hours ago, molemenacer said:

Congrats on a successful 5 years

I have at least 3 more years left, i want the record for most EFL Cups and am currently 2 behind Liverpool and City.Ā  I have won the last 2 so hopefully i can do it.

I also need 2 FA Cups to beat Arsenal. I have a semi against Liverpool this year so hopefully can win it this year and move level with Arsenal

I need 10 Champions League to overtake Real, don't think that will happen!!

That's a good target to set yourself and for a Man Utd save in general, I like that.

Yea the champs league might be difficult to do especially if Madrid win another in your save.

I think I would of stayed longer had my 3 league title wins been abit tighter, but because we just utterly dominated it meant playing the league games became abit of a slog in the last season. Still I plan to comeback at some point in the save, if/when the job comes up and finish the save where I started.

I don't get to spend much time playing FM and so I'm only just starting the second season. In that time I've managed to get 4.5* across the board for my main team training with a few areas of 5*. I've managed the same situation with the U21 training but when it comes to the U18s I have a few 4* areas and I can't find any coaches to take me up to at least 4.5*. Does anyone pay much attention to the training for U18s on their saves? If so who have you signed as coaches, assuming not regens, that I can look to try to persuade to join on my save. Looking for 4.5* coaches in Defending Tactical and Technical and Attacking Technical. Would be very grateful to get any tips/names to get the U18 training up to the standard of the other two squads.

So season 5 complete and it has been a good one, its just the way it ended that has left a sour taste in the mouth and it meant i had to put FM away for a day or so.

image.png.f79a330308663d11e2d33477f8962077.png

Won 3 trophies, lost in the final of the other 3.

First off the cups, starting with the EFL Cup

image.png.5d9ac6c0ba530f54d3b703ec74a505d9.png

Comfortable route through really and if not for Haaland then the final would have been easier.Ā  He scores against me the whole time (remember this for later!!!)

FA Cup

image.png.c5f841be217414e2d55a328e18e4123a.png

Chelsea away was a tough game in the Quarters, a Bruno free kick and penalty was enough for me to secure the win.Ā  The final was a Haaland masterclass, he scored 2 and assisted 1.Ā  He always scores against me and i have non idea how to stop him, he scored 56 goals in 50 games this season.

Champions League

image.png.b1c0c6e91c001c5d12622774965ddc2f.png

We were awesome in the group stage, topped the group and blew everyone away.Ā  Straight forward wins over Roma, RB Leipzig and Liverpool had me hoping but just awful in the final, truly awful

League was great

image.png.6399fd4166b98ec7c39aacd58e4c5aa9.pngimage.png.8b3d75bc41de50e6dde9e1f420cddf3a.png

image.png.4c20557af2519cdec521948cb1751c1e.png

Up until February we were great and basically the league was won as everyone dropped off and then we had an awful in comparison last few months.Ā  A couple of big wins but the games were a struggle and injuries hit us badly, which led into the finals as well.

image.png.2dcfe012c8281226e0a581557a518032.png

I have a lot of thinking todo, lots of my players are wanted anyway as well.Ā  Diogo Costa had a shocker of run in, the last 6 games he conceded 12 goals, an xg against of 7, he got 1 rating above 6.5 and cost me both finals.Ā  There is interest in him but i am not sure who i would replace him with at the moment.

Milan Skriniar also had a shocker at the end of the season and being 32 and 1 year left on his contract i think he may be off

Pau Torres similar decline at the end of the season as well and with 1 year left on his deal he might be off as well.

Bruno Fernandes, his contract runs out in a year and in Jan i was thinking i would sell in the summer, then his performances were incredible for about 2 months and i had convinced myself i would renew his deal.Ā  Then he got 1 rating above 6.5 in his final 8 games, scoring 0 with 1 assist.Ā  Overall he had a great year though with 27 goals and 19 assists from a CM(A) role mostly.Ā  Unknown for now, he is joint highest earner with Rashford so will depend on how much he wants

Luke Shaw, 1 year left on his deal and got replaced by Netz this season so will probably go unless he renews on a cheaper backup role

Bellingham had a bad year in relative to the other players in his position, 3 goals, 14 assists, avg rating 7.06, Fuentes 14 goals, 10 assists, avg rating 7.13.

Rashford, i thought about getting rid a few seasons aga but last season he was immense, this season lots of little injuries and poor form means i am questioning him again.Ā  His is 29 and is joint highest earner with 2 years left on his deal

Ā 

Lots to think about over the summer and decisions to be made.Ā  I have lots of good youngsters coming through that could take up the squad position so the likes of Shaw might get moved on.Ā  We will see

Ā 

How are people getting wages under control? Wage structure in place? I was thinking of getting a wage structure but not sure what a reasonable one would for each squad status would be with player United can attract in can be high ability who usually expect big money for a move to acceptĀ 

6 hours ago, Chapman7 said:

How are people getting wages under control? Wage structure in place? I was thinking of getting a wage structure but not sure what a reasonable one would for each squad status would be with player United can attract in can be high ability who usually expect big money for a move to acceptĀ 

I don't have a wage structure as such, i just choose not to pay people more than Ā£200k a week.Ā  To get it under control to start with i choseĀ to sell everyone who was earning more than Ā£200k a week except Rashford and Fernandes.

Then i only sign players who accept wages that fit into that.

My thinking is that if they are going into the first 11 then they get up to Ā£150k, leaving space for a renewal under Ā£200k.Ā  Apart from that i bring in youngsters anyway.Ā  A squad player for me is a first teamer that has lost his spot.

This has meant that i have missed out on a bunch of players going to other clubs such asĀ 

Ā 

Man City

Yeremy Pino - Ā£300k

Gavi - Ā£400k

Vinicius Junior - Ā£375k

Ā 

LivepoolĀ 

Jurrien TImber - Ā£275k

Declan Rice - Ā£325k

Ansu Fati - Ā£215k

Ā 

It also means that i sometimes have to sell players in their peak as i will not pay them Ā£300k a week.Ā  Garnacho recently signed a new deal at Ā£235k, he has been in great form for me and for me is worth it, his next renewal will be close to Ā£300k so i will probably heave to sell him when he is 27/28.

It means i have quite a high turnover of players but i do get to keep wages under Ā£4mill.Ā  It means i am behind City, Liverpool and Chelsea in Salary Per Annum and only just ahead of Arsenal

image.png.08d2313ed1e3020ac8ab5c5293cbe346.png

Season 6 (27/28) is under way and a bit busier that expected but overall not much going on

Transfers In

image.png.4a351aff90cc6ffc082e42dced100a1c.png

image.png.4b51274b137ffd24f924b7e42e86bf22.png

The star signing is Endrick on a free, he had decided in September last year we was seeing out his contract but did not want to talk until May.Ā  In the end it was just me and Real trying to renew his contract and i managed to get it done.

Bijlow comes in as backup to Costa with Chevalier going out for Ā£45 mill, made almost Ā£20 mill, saved on wages and in my view slightly upgraded my backup

Fernando Antonio and Joao Fonseca come in a backup center backs, both young and look very good.

Transfers Out

image.thumb.png.f193cfb098e4c17fe000f1535167ac00.png

image.png.72c12e93289ce3dd957befdbab13ee63.png

So a lot of out goings.Ā  Main ones

Skriniar - he contract was up in a year, we hasn't really performed for at least a year and had lost his place to Bella-Kotchap.Ā  No brainer once Everton came in

Koopmeiners - He had already lost his spot to Mannsverk and we had a young player i wanted to give playing time to so out he went for Ā£55 mill

Gaston Avila - He never really had a chance to play and with 1 year left he wanted a huge payrise so out he went

Lucas Chevalier - He wanted first team football and was going to get it over Costa, I also bought him for Ā£16 mill and sold him for Ā£45 mill.

They were the main ones but in the end a good clearout of a few players.Ā  I have taken a risk with Skriniar and Avila both going with 2 youngsters replacing them, i am hoping it will be fine!!!

Ā 

Squad now looks like this

image.png.ef4d24b8a86bd6e4a3a96fae9ac2a2b0.png

i am happy with the squad in general, this is a big season for Bellingham, he did not live up to the hype last year and has lost his place at the moment to Fuentes.Ā  With Fernandes getting older he might be saved by that but at the moment i need to see more from him.

As i said, a little worried about Fonseca and Antonio as my backup center backs but that have all the right attributes.

Endrick and Ferguson will rotate, although Ferguson has started he season on fire.

Ā 

Also a tactical change this year

image.thumb.png.332b51e6408ce1a1db527e25645d2324.png

Still sticking to the formation but a lot more centered around possession and keeping the ball.Ā  Apart from a Community Shield loss to Man City (Haaland!!!!!!!!!!!!) it has been a good start

image.png.30290178a07b7c88133d950ebf9f8a6a.png

Ā 

On 22/05/2023 at 09:11, molemenacer said:

I don't have a wage structure as such, i just choose not to pay people more than Ā£200k a week.Ā  To get it under control to start with i choseĀ to sell everyone who was earning more than Ā£200k a week except Rashford and Fernandes.

Then i only sign players who accept wages that fit into that.

My thinking is that if they are going into the first 11 then they get up to Ā£150k, leaving space for a renewal under Ā£200k.Ā  Apart from that i bring in youngsters anyway.Ā  A squad player for me is a first teamer that has lost his spot.

This has meant that i have missed out on a bunch of players going to other clubs such asĀ 

Ā 

Man City

Yeremy Pino - Ā£300k

Gavi - Ā£400k

Vinicius Junior - Ā£375k

Ā 

LivepoolĀ 

Jurrien TImber - Ā£275k

Declan Rice - Ā£325k

Ansu Fati - Ā£215k

Ā 

It also means that i sometimes have to sell players in their peak as i will not pay them Ā£300k a week.Ā  Garnacho recently signed a new deal at Ā£235k, he has been in great form for me and for me is worth it, his next renewal will be close to Ā£300k so i will probably heave to sell him when he is 27/28.

It means i have quite a high turnover of players but i do get to keep wages under Ā£4mill.Ā  It means i am behind City, Liverpool and Chelsea in Salary Per Annum and only just ahead of Arsenal

image.png.08d2313ed1e3020ac8ab5c5293cbe346.png

I was thinking something along lines of

Star Players &Ā First Team Ā£200-Ā£250k (the latter for those in peak)

Regular Starters Ā£100-Ā£150k

Squad - Up to Ā£80kĀ 

Back Up - Ā£30-Ā£76k

Ā 

Sorry for late reply work been bit mental this weekĀ :lol:

On 29/05/2023 at 00:27, Chapman7 said:

I was thinking something along lines of

Star Players &Ā First Team Ā£200-Ā£250k (the latter for those in peak)

Regular Starters Ā£100-Ā£150k

Squad - Up to Ā£80kĀ 

Back Up - Ā£30-Ā£76k

Ā 

Sorry for late reply work been bit mental this weekĀ :lol:

That seems pretty good.Ā  The trouble you will find is the same as me though that the top players will go elsewhere as you will not be offering enough.

If you are ok with that then your scales look good.Ā  It has also meant that mine u21s is massive and i have a load of players out on loan.Ā  Means i can bring players in from South America cheaply and then flip them for a big profit

image.png.500e4387e099dccd412a82f9e87715da.png

I am half way through 27/28 season and starting next year Thiago and Fan Haoyu will replace probably Bruno and Luke Shaw in the first team for next year.

End of Jan 27/28 and transfer window has shut.

Only the one player in this windowĀ 

image.png.44d52b7d4904e70c1ffb6c83f1c66626.png

He is good but i had to pay his release clause as someone else came in for him.

image.png.31f6b4c04b93f167cd196adbfcc9e999.png

Go loads of potential and has gone straight into the 1st team squad

Sold a number of players

image.png.4e4845b6ac78ef49b5940cd233a22bd2.png

I think Montiel is going to be amazing but he just kept getting stroppy about everything so in then end sold him for Ā£37 mill so made a profit of over Ā£30 mill on him

Garreth Perrit was a really odd sale.Ā  Leicester and Brentford had a bidding war started at Ā£200k and ended up at Ā£10 mill, no idea but a nice price for him

Sivert Mannsverk was one that i had no intention of selling but Bayern came in with a big bid and with 18 months left on his contract he wanted Ā£250k, no way was he going to get that so out he went as well.Ā  It allowed me to promote his under study to starter and then this player to the backupĀ 

image.png.bb147595749e8141a3706238f9348996.png

This has allowed me to build up my cash reserves to over Ā£350 mill.Ā  I know i have a center back issue this summer so i have a warchest to go after my number 1 target.

On 31/05/2023 at 16:47, molemenacer said:

That seems pretty good.Ā  The trouble you will find is the same as me though that the top players will go elsewhere as you will not be offering enough.

If you are ok with that then your scales look good.Ā  It has also meant that mine u21s is massive and i have a load of players out on loan.Ā  Means i can bring players in from South America cheaply and then flip them for a big profit

image.png.500e4387e099dccd412a82f9e87715da.png

I am half way through 27/28 season and starting next year Thiago and Fan Haoyu will replace probably Bruno and Luke Shaw in the first team for next year.

Yeah I'd be fine with losing out on some players who ask for such high wages. I do tend to go for the younger players that have good ceiling to either become good enough for the first team or flip for good profit or players in their peak or close to if they are at an affordable price & wagesĀ 

Season 6 (27/28) finished, another nearly season

image.png.f722ed316d57ba5b62ad6738e7876c34.png

FA Cup and FA Cup double and then blowing the Community Shield, FA Cup and Champions League Finals

First off the good news, an unbeaten league campaign!!!, and 100 points

image.png.6c6b9dd341e657bafff28a470feea8fc.png

Drew at home to spurs, the rest dropped points all away from home.

image.png.788d6e17d066fb38f90277aa67ae89c4.pngimage.png.807b7e41b059239e03a3a8699f3b60cf.png

Was a cracking season, disappointed with some of the dropped points but 100 points and unbeaten is a cracking season.Ā  I thought i might blow it with the run in away to Liverpool, Palace and home to Newcastle as the league was already won but the players did it.

FA Cup:

image.png.d8b05b222f4516f94d985757f64d9b65.png

Comfortable trip to the final with nice home games, a tough 1-0 win against Chelsea in the final.Ā  They came for penalties and almost got there, most 1 sided final i have played in in this save, they were so negative, i had 79% of the play and they have 1 shot from about 30 yards.

Now onto the disappointments

EFL Cup:

image.png.6fa43cf687dbb310e94e02bf94c8a933.png

A tougher trip to the final here, rotated massively against Newcastle in the third round and almost blew it, Chelsea are my nemesis in this save, they are my hardest opponent but scrapped past them, Palace i rotated too much and they were clinical with their chances, home tie was a walk over.Ā  Onto the final and i dominated it massively and in the 90 minute was 1-0 ahead, then Mount scored after Bellingham and Bella-Kotchap decided to run into each other and my right back Amey stood there as Mount walked up to the ball, ran about 30 yards and put it past Costa, their only real chance the entire game came in the 91st minute after 3 players decided to have a meltdown.Ā  So infuriating.

Champions League:

I have been in the last 4 finals, won the first 2 and then lost to Milan last time out, was looking to regain it again

image.png.0f841cb61ddff01acd3f1ca78ad26d70.png

After a sluggish start in the group stage got through easily, then comfortable against Wolfsburg despite the 1-0 loss away from home, Liverpool was a tough one but deserved it and then a great first leg against Real meant i rotated and controlled the second leg to get to the final.Ā  Final was awful, neither team created anything and they scored in the 62 minute when my fallback smashed the ball against their left mid and it went in.Ā  After that they went defensive and nothing i tried work at all and the game petered out 1-0 and a horrible game ended.

Overall though the players had a great year

image.png.a0e4f680ac7647242a18eaf31b0e2ea5.pngĀ 

Endrick and Ferguson were great, the year started with Ferguson starting up top and ended with Endrick probably becoming the starter for next season.Ā  Ā Rashford had a good year and he got a contract reward for 2 years and Ā£275k, the highest i will go for him so either he agrees to reduce next time round or he goes, i am hoping he will agree to a reduction

Bruno has probably played his last game, he agreed to reduce down to Ā£175k last negotiation but with his contract up this year he wanted to go back up to Ā£250k this time round.Ā  He is not having that as he has lost his starting spot to Fuentes now who is incredible

image.png.ab55d7b486821b5eb1cb2102def4127e.png

His progression has been crazy and he is one of the best i the world at the moment at 21.Ā  Only annoying thing is his Personality, would love that to be better.

Got a lot to think about for next season nowĀ 

image.png.bf32c75f6d96c7f0c5642531660040d2.png

They all have their contracts up within the next 2 years, Bruno and Luke Shaw are gone, Pau Torres i am unsure about, i need to bring through the next player.

Bella-Kotchap, despite having a decent average, i think i need to upgrade as when we mess up it is normally him

Bellingham was on the chopping block but he had a good ending to the season, will see what his renewal is like

Rashford, will be around next season but will see the season after that

Smith Rowe has been a decent rotation option so as long as his renewal is decent then will sign him back up

Gittens i feel is as good as he is going to get.Ā  Might keep him as he is useful in the HG quota

Ā 

I have a lot of interest in my players so we will see.

I also changed formation this year.Ā  Still kept to the 4-3-3 DM formation but wanted to be more possession based.

Looking at the possession stats i am very happy with how it worked out

image.thumb.png.21629460e4d9424017bdef43f16fec9f.pngimage.thumb.png.3852bc26a03c694d082fc1547d5d2a1c.pngimage.thumb.png.5eb0c90a9a5f028ca74b5ed5f1ed5f5c.pngimage.thumb.png.329a93d53cc1b7b88b6a9fa4cbb90f63.pngimage.thumb.png.47542339961f76dec065c185e6a9c8bd.png

I was also worried that it may mean i struggled to score goals but instead i started to create better chances

image.thumb.png.27f2267df6207d8dccc3c97b85833a11.pngimage.thumb.png.3d39571bf758b7d5420f5206fcd1a758.pngimage.thumb.png.a1936d1c1fe04c8ebe142c423ccf9b53.pngimage.thumb.png.5585d81133623ab1db0d3379e760fa72.png

Ā 

Overall very happy with how the tactic has worked out this year.Ā  Last year i was o something around 28 shots a game, shots on target was around 35% and conversion rate around 14%, so although i have reduced the number of shots on goal per game i have upped my on target ratio and conversion rate.

My possession stat was also closer to 50% and quite often in games i would have less than 50%.Ā  Being top of passes completed is very pleasing as well as being top of possession lost, which means less countering and less goals conceded

Very happy indeed.

Edited by molemenacer

28/29 Summer window has slammed shut and transfers have been completed, not sure i am 100% happy to be honest but we will see.

First off players inĀ 

image.png.37b5a1fde119fa8d49512a32eb449685.pngimage.png.943ee6e4454b649383a3945fcf6a621e.png

I needed to strengthen the defence and when i saw that Wesley Fofana was available and wanted to leave i went all in on him.

Luke Rumble and Stefon Oundijian are youth players.Ā  Probably 2 of the best English young players around, hence the high fees

Transfer deadline day saw the return of Sancho after 3 season at Real Madrid, as i had a percentage of profit on this deal it actually cost me less to buy him than Real paid for his loan and signing.Ā  He is now also on less than when i sold him

Amine Gouiri comes to strengthen the left wing position, really happy with this deal and have high hopes for him.

Ā 

Players Out (there is a few)

image.thumb.png.e709ce3be723c8845cf9bda9722c8547.pngimage.png.bf4290f78b63acf16b89c432fb196a7c.png

So biggest deal is Garnacho, he has developed superbly but his numbers are just not very good at all, he was also my third highest earner and wanted a new contract worth Ā£350k, Ā£75k above my current highest earner without the performances to back it up.Ā  So he went.

Bella-Kotchap also went, just very disappointed with him and when i saw that Fofana was available he was gone.

Luke Shaw went as he wanted too much for a contract renewal and i have a young Chinese left back i want to give game time to.

Avila, Mainoo and Makinen were not going to get game time so went to bring in extra funds

A lot of loan deals

Ā 

Season start has not been great

image.png.bcb3cb27ce7eea23b22e035d85d22a8e.png

Community Shield was so frustrating, Costa got a 6.3 and cost me the first goal, Arsenal had 2 shots on goal and scored them both

Away at Everton, Costa got a 6.4 and let in 2 out of 3 shots on target.

After going unbeaten last year we blew that away at City game week 4.Ā  Costa got a 6.0.Ā  First goal my DM got robbed by Haaland after 10 minutes and then in the 16th minute a through ball got cleared up by Fofana but Costa had come charging out and Pina had an empty goal.Ā  2 down after 16 minutes with both being given to them and it got no better.Ā  Shocking game.

So far the 3 games away from home Costa has managed to rate 6.3, 6.4 and 6.0, let in 9 goals from 13 shots on target.Ā  This happens so often to me in FM in general my keepers just turn rubbish overnight and cannot save anything.Ā  My backup keeper Bijlow played against Chelsea and got a 7.2, saving 3 shots on target.

McTominay.png.402c93c9d91d166bbf3f307fe103017a.png

Decided to start a Man Utd save after looking at some of the saves ongoing in this thread @molemenacer, I love your ideas in terms of wage structure.Ā @wakesta, I noticed you signed a player I've already bid for (Evanilson).

Unfortunately I don't really have time to play the game to it's fullest, so I'll just be holidaying the majority of matches, but I can still enjoy sitting on the sidelines and shaping up this squad for my assistants to do the damage with.

So far, so good this season, we've hit January and are top of the league, 6 wins out of 6 in the Europa League, but unfortunately West Ham knocked us out of the Micky Mouse cup...

By the way, I'm snatching Tottenhams hands off on that 1! He's been relatively okay for the half a season, 9 starts (13 subs), but here at United we aren't happy with just okay and that negotiated offer is just insane! Evanilsen is the only player we will potentially sign and he won't join until next season, decided to not have a summer transfer window to keep things realistic.

17 hours ago, MichaelNevo said:

McTominay.png.402c93c9d91d166bbf3f307fe103017a.png

Decided to start a Man Utd save after looking at some of the saves ongoing in this thread @molemenacer, I love your ideas in terms of wage structure.Ā @wakesta, I noticed you signed a player I've already bid for (Evanilson).

Unfortunately I don't really have time to play the game to it's fullest, so I'll just be holidaying the majority of matches, but I can still enjoy sitting on the sidelines and shaping up this squad for my assistants to do the damage with.

So far, so good this season, we've hit January and are top of the league, 6 wins out of 6 in the Europa League, but unfortunately West Ham knocked us out of the Micky Mouse cup...

By the way, I'm snatching Tottenhams hands off on that 1! He's been relatively okay for the half a season, 9 starts (13 subs), but here at United we aren't happy with just okay and that negotiated offer is just insane! Evanilsen is the only player we will potentially sign and he won't join until next season, decided to not have a summer transfer window to keep things realistic.

That is a great deal, i managed to get Ā£32mill all up front for him, which i thought was good, but that is insane.Ā  You have done Spurs on that one.

Ā 

My wage structure has been changed for 2 players, just finishing off January and then will post it.

8 hours ago, molemenacer said:

That is a great deal, i managed to get Ā£32mill all up front for him, which i thought was good, but that is insane.Ā  You have done Spurs on that one.

Ā 

My wage structure has been changed for 2 players, just finishing off January and then will post it.

I'm going to try do something similar I think, I kind of like to keep things fresh. I think the only exception for me would be someone who comes through my youth system.

Yeah it's fine margins when it comes to negotiating because if you go too far, they will just back out, but luckily Spurs are stupidĀ :D

End of Jan 2029, a change of tact slightly with my wage budget, which i have tried to keep everyone below Ā£250k and anyone above that ends up going.

2 Players are now on Ā£350k, first offĀ 

image.png.27b9dcc6e2deb88cfad31f00cb3199f0.png

The guy is immense, i was thinking about moving him on last summer but his performances picked up during the run in and this season he has been the catalyst for most of my decent performances.Ā  So far he has backed up his extortionate wage.

Next a new signing that matches the Bellingham wage, i have struggled to find young wide players with the correct attributes, he was available for a decent buy out clause so went all in.Ā 

image.png.247136be096e1e92a031507383f1afea.png

He is going to play from the right hand side.

Transfer window round up:

image.png.e0e9a2c3b9b3629684d5e3892a517a95.png

Players out:

image.png.2f2b8f0310846e3eda732305d6bb9e79.png

Pau Torres - After 5 really good seasons for me he got an injury in the summer and his attributes took a dive and his replacement Kevin Alves was so far ahead of him now.Ā  PSG were interested so away he went for a decent fee

Diogo Costa - He ruined the start of the season, cost us the Community Shield and cost us so many points that he got replaced by Bijlow, thanks to @sedge11Ā for the tip on him, as although he had been on shortlist for ages his attributes never really appealed to me, after his performances so far though her is far better than Costa ever was so Costa went for Ā£69 mill as all clauses are going to be hit.

Antony - I have almost sold him a few times over the years but every time he has managed to do just about enough to stay, once i was bringing in Pedri is was a done deal and Barcelona were happy to pay Ā£60 mill all up front for him/

Thiago - A youngster that had bags of potential but kept moaning about everything, he cost me Ā£13.25 mill so made a healthy profit on him.Ā  Disappointing as he had so much potential but he just moaned.

Player In:

image.png.6e9935a3658c92318fd55aa36a48d322.png

Pedri - A quality player and with a massive lack of decent young wide players was a must in the end

Mendy - I have some targets for new goalkeepers but no one wanted to sell mid season so Mendy comes in as a cheap backup for 6 months.

Ā 

Wages:

image.png.faaac9fe3c8c16e9760163e9bbb34b48.png

All of this means that wages are now just under Ā£5 mill, It has jumped Ā£1 mill this season due to Pedri coming in and Bellinghams increase, also lots of other wage increases has made this annoying.

image.png.62ae73fbdf0b1ed90d01573a361e351f.png

Although paying more than i want to i am generally happy with squad now and think the best players are earning the most money.Ā  Rashford will be a decision this summer as his contract will have a year left, i will not be paying him more than his Ā£275k so he either keeps it at that or reduces or he will go.Ā  Would like to keep him until he retires but i find that the AI has a lot more luck giving older players pay reductions than i am able to, also if he asks for Ā£300k+ from me he will go to someone else for probably around Ā£220k.Ā  Hence how i was able to sell Sancho then buy him back on less than he wanted as a renewal when he was at the club.

On 19/06/2023 at 11:40, molemenacer said:

End of Jan 2029, a change of tact slightly with my wage budget, which i have tried to keep everyone below Ā£250k and anyone above that ends up going.

2 Players are now on Ā£350k, first offĀ 

image.png.27b9dcc6e2deb88cfad31f00cb3199f0.png

The guy is immense, i was thinking about moving him on last summer but his performances picked up during the run in and this season he has been the catalyst for most of my decent performances.Ā  So far he has backed up his extortionate wage.

Next a new signing that matches the Bellingham wage, i have struggled to find young wide players with the correct attributes, he was available for a decent buy out clause so went all in.Ā 

image.png.247136be096e1e92a031507383f1afea.png

He is going to play from the right hand side.

Transfer window round up:

image.png.e0e9a2c3b9b3629684d5e3892a517a95.png

Players out:

image.png.2f2b8f0310846e3eda732305d6bb9e79.png

Pau Torres - After 5 really good seasons for me he got an injury in the summer and his attributes took a dive and his replacement Kevin Alves was so far ahead of him now.Ā  PSG were interested so away he went for a decent fee

Diogo Costa - He ruined the start of the season, cost us the Community Shield and cost us so many points that he got replaced by Bijlow, thanks to @sedge11Ā for the tip on him, as although he had been on shortlist for ages his attributes never really appealed to me, after his performances so far though her is far better than Costa ever was so Costa went for Ā£69 mill as all clauses are going to be hit.

Antony - I have almost sold him a few times over the years but every time he has managed to do just about enough to stay, once i was bringing in Pedri is was a done deal and Barcelona were happy to pay Ā£60 mill all up front for him/

Thiago - A youngster that had bags of potential but kept moaning about everything, he cost me Ā£13.25 mill so made a healthy profit on him.Ā  Disappointing as he had so much potential but he just moaned.

Player In:

image.png.6e9935a3658c92318fd55aa36a48d322.png

Pedri - A quality player and with a massive lack of decent young wide players was a must in the end

Mendy - I have some targets for new goalkeepers but no one wanted to sell mid season so Mendy comes in as a cheap backup for 6 months.

Ā 

Wages:

image.png.faaac9fe3c8c16e9760163e9bbb34b48.png

All of this means that wages are now just under Ā£5 mill, It has jumped Ā£1 mill this season due to Pedri coming in and Bellinghams increase, also lots of other wage increases has made this annoying.

image.png.62ae73fbdf0b1ed90d01573a361e351f.png

Although paying more than i want to i am generally happy with squad now and think the best players are earning the most money.Ā  Rashford will be a decision this summer as his contract will have a year left, i will not be paying him more than his Ā£275k so he either keeps it at that or reduces or he will go.Ā  Would like to keep him until he retires but i find that the AI has a lot more luck giving older players pay reductions than i am able to, also if he asks for Ā£300k+ from me he will go to someone else for probably around Ā£220k.Ā  Hence how i was able to sell Sancho then buy him back on less than he wanted as a renewal when he was at the club.

Will be interesting to see how you get on with Pedri and who wouldn't love to have Bellingham, hopefully he can go on to have a brilliant second season.

Could you not ask your DOF or Assistant to negotiate Rashford's contract? If they are unable to, it still allows you to try.

Season 2022-2023

I decided with my first season that I wouldn't make any changes other than player sales from January onwards. Scott McTominay got the big offer and so he has made his way out of the club. Tom Heaton is off to Stoke so I can free up the unnecessary Ā£65k wages.

I have told several players it's time for them to leave for the new season, this list includes, but is not limited to...

• David De Gea
  • Victor Lindelof
  • Fred
  • Anthony Martial

I have just offered Diogo Dalot a new contract worth Ā£89k because he had a respectable season and the fact he can play both sides is very helpful for squad rotation.

You may be wondering, why aren't you selling Harry Maguire... Well in honesty, he absolutely smashed it this season with 15 goals! He made 20(14) appearances and hasn't complained about not starting enough games, so I see no reason to move him on.

The question now is, who will be coming in for the ones I want to leave? I have no idea, other than Milan Skriniar on a free transfer to replace Victor Lindelof. Lisandro Martinez had a season to forget also, but I'll give him one more season. It looks like I might have Skriniar and Varane as my 1st selections.

How did it go?

• Carabao Cup - Knocked out 4th Round - West Ham
  • FA Cup - Knocked out Semi-Final - West Ham
  • Europa League - Knocked out Semi Final - Arsenal
  • Premier LeagueĀ - CHAMPIONS!!!

West Ham United have been a thorn in our side this season it seems, they also beat us on the last game of the season, but luckily we had already secured the Premier League. West Ham went on to win the FA Cup.

Arsenal stopped us from winning a cup that we should have won. They also went on to win the Europa League.

Now for the all important picture, our final results for the Premier League!

PremierLeague2022-2023.thumb.png.eb00924bcc3dc80d05119cb3b0a90135.png

On 21/06/2023 at 21:04, MichaelNevo said:

Will be interesting to see how you get on with Pedri and who wouldn't love to have Bellingham, hopefully he can go on to have a brilliant second season.

Could you not ask your DOF or Assistant to negotiate Rashford's contract? If they are unable to, it still allows you to try.

I have been scouting Pedri for 2 seasons now and have come close a few times in buying him, so far happy with his output.

Managed to renew Rashford for another year at the same wage so. happy with that.Ā  He will be 33 in 2 years time so i will see then but his numbers this season have been good

On 21/06/2023 at 21:28, MichaelNevo said:

Season 2022-2023

I decided with my first season that I wouldn't make any changes other than player sales from January onwards. Scott McTominay got the big offer and so he has made his way out of the club. Tom Heaton is off to Stoke so I can free up the unnecessary Ā£65k wages.

I have told several players it's time for them to leave for the new season, this list includes, but is not limited to...

• David De Gea
  • Victor Lindelof
  • Fred
  • Anthony Martial

I have just offered Diogo Dalot a new contract worth Ā£89k because he had a respectable season and the fact he can play both sides is very helpful for squad rotation.

You may be wondering, why aren't you selling Harry Maguire... Well in honesty, he absolutely smashed it this season with 15 goals! He made 20(14) appearances and hasn't complained about not starting enough games, so I see no reason to move him on.

The question now is, who will be coming in for the ones I want to leave? I have no idea, other than Milan Skriniar on a free transfer to replace Victor Lindelof. Lisandro Martinez had a season to forget also, but I'll give him one more season. It looks like I might have Skriniar and Varane as my 1st selections.

How did it go?

• Carabao Cup - Knocked out 4th Round - West Ham
  • FA Cup - Knocked out Semi-Final - West Ham
  • Europa League - Knocked out Semi Final - Arsenal

West Ham United have been a thorn in our side this season it seems, they also beat us on the last game of the season, but luckily we had already secured the Premier League. West Ham went on to win the FA Cup.

Arsenal stopped us from winning a cup that we should have won. They also went on to win the Europa League.

PremierLeague2022-2023.thumb.png.eb00924bcc3dc80d05119cb3b0a90135.png

You won the prem that is a great start to the save.Ā  95 points as well with only 3 losses, looks like Liverpool pushed you hard though.

West Ham have been a bit of a troublesome side for me in my save as well.

Edited by molemenacer

So heading into the last 3 games of the 28/29 season and this is the top 4

image.thumb.png.1ef119e82a471f318bb43dfd885d9241.png

My away record this season has been awful.Ā  One of those 7 draws was a 1-1 home draw with Bournemouth, which could end up costing me the title as i was leading the prem at that stage, the other 6 draws and 3 losses are all away from home.

City is currently outscoring their XG by 12, the next highest is me with 6.Ā  Haaland is basically a 1 man wrecking machine, he has 65 goals in 60 games and has not missed a game all season despite being injury prone!!!Ā  Citys next highest scorer has 19

Ā 

THE RUN IN:

Man Citys fixtures

image.thumb.png.23c8c1fe9bf02cd48cc72ff3e0b82a2e.png

My Fixtures

image.thumb.png.9cf774319f38e2777b098b1afc633465.png

I play the top 3 and City play Villa away, who are 19th and already relegated, and at home to a high flying Brentford in 6th.Ā  Ā City have won all 18 games at home this season so the only chance of dropped points are away at me.Ā  I am confident i can beat City and Liverpool at home but away to Chelsea with my current away form this year is going to probably cost me the title.

Ā 

We then play each other in the Champions League final as well

Edited by molemenacer

48 minutes ago, Matty89 said:

Need some advice aboutĀ Moises Caicedo going to sign him but not sure what role to use him in

Im going to have a 4-3-3 with 1 CDM & 2 CM's

any advice would be fantastic

Hey mate, he can play many roles but i would defo use him as a CDM(BWM on support) or as a Box to Box.

Not played my United save for a few months but loaded it up a few days ago and started playing it again. Enjoying it again. In December of my third season and currently second, trailing Liverpool by 5 points.

Ā 

d82ee52c42d0496605685ea0bf1e9b3f.png

Few of the big boys not doing so well. West Brom having a torrid time lol. City are just average if Haaland is not scoring.

4e74dc535bcad89f08b05e1ae26458b0.png

Ā 

Sold Bruno to PSG for 147m in this save. Have Gavi and Enzo rotating with Casemiro, Koopmeiners and Eriksen. Gavi is always injured so will definitely be trying to offload him this summer and I might go all out for Bellingham..

Excited about this little gem, a lot to work on with him but he has an eye for goal that's for sure. Found him at Middlesbrough for 7.5m. Kane perfect teacher for him
Ā 

b141795e6fbd47b111a13043945c2797.png
Ā 

Gave Kane and Casemiro a weeks Holiday because I kept getting messages about them being knackered, Big Harry returns from his Holiday and does this.

89286f814df2ac5a95c7cc9d4fe49263.png
Ā 

Edited by Verby

@VerbyĀ How has Grimaldo been for you? I'm planning on starting a new Benfica save but not sure about starting in season 22/23 or starting in 23/24 with the sortitoutsi update. He has joined Leverkusen irl on a free transfer so if I started with an update he would be gone.

Edited by Gee_Simpson

5 minutes ago, Gee_Simpson said:

@VerbyĀ How has Grimaldo been for you? I'm planning on starting a new Benfica save but not sure about starting in season 22/23 or starting in 23/24 with the sortitoutsi update. He has joined Leverkusen irl on a free transfer so if I started with an update he would be gone.

Not bad for his first season in England and rotating with Shaw. His Positioning and Marking are very low so whenever I play him I try and make him the attacking Wing Back to cause havoc up the left with Rashford. Only cost me 15m aswel.

Edited by Verby

On 25/06/2023 at 02:21, Verby said:

Not played my United save for a few months but loaded it up a few days ago and started playing it again. Enjoying it again. In December of my third season and currently second, trailing Liverpool by 5 points.

Ā 

d82ee52c42d0496605685ea0bf1e9b3f.png

Ā 

Ā 

Would you be able to share your whole tactic for this? I just can't seem to get a decent tactic this year.

End of 28/29 season and with 5 games to go i was in with a shot of the Premier League title, FA Cup and Champions League.Ā  In the end not too bad

image.thumb.png.6852ddfa4429825a59402cc4bc5ee3f4.png

We blew the league but managed to win the FA Cup, EFL Cup and Champions League.

League:

image.png.2458bc3ec888a7bdad435b4cfb32bf4a.png

image.png.378447fcd30a729748caad3793378621.pngimage.png.39f1b892f536f0077723eb121d2e72c6.png

So a win over Liverpool, City and Chelsea would have given me the league.Ā  In the end we lost our only league game of the season at home with that loss to City, we were the better side the whole game but once again Haaland saved them, he ended with 68 goals for the season.Ā  Our away form all year was awful, really struggled so something to look at for next year.

FA Cup:

image.png.b72a30ec0591f46657ae89f8d124944d.png

Had a tough run all through the competition but beat everyone to retain the title and claim our 3rd in 4 seasons.Ā Ā 

Ā 

EFL Cup:

image.png.119cfe5e46b59912048c12d4790be578.png

A straight forward route to the final and then a tough 3-1 win over City, once again Haaland scored their goal!!

Ā 

Champions League:

image.png.470d39ca8dc7cbbbad8a128d9ccee431.png

A straight forward run to the quarter finals and then a tough 1-0 loss away to Inter.Ā  We managed to turn it around in style in the second leg to go to the semis where we battered Barcelona at Old Trafford which meant i could play a rotated side in the Camp Nou to win the tie.

We had just lost the league to City 2 weeks before this final (our 5th in a row) and we should have won in Normal time but somehow didn't and then a superb extra 30 minutes saw us claim our 3rd title in 5 years after losing the last 2.

Ā 

Squad:

image.thumb.png.69fa8f342cd3fc73b9b58083d1bae8aa.png

I am not sure what is going to happen over the summer, there are some players i am not happy with so we will see.Ā  Managed to tie Rashford down to another 2 years for the same wage, which is great news and Fernandes has dropped to Ā£105k for another 2 years as well.

Sancho may be on his way again as he just doesn't offer enough, a need a new goalkeeper and have a few options that i couldn't get in the Jan window.

Ā 

Tactic:

image.thumb.png.fc4ac60232c0ed0f77a9975611f3d296.png

Still the patient build up hoping to dominate possession that i used last season and once again hit some good numbers in the possession stats.

Average Possession:Ā Top of the charts with 57%, Liverpool were second with 54%

Pass Completion ratio:Ā 3rd with 87%, Chelsea had 88% and Bournwmouth with 87% were above us

Passes Completed:Ā Top with 22089, Chelsea second with 21014

Chances Created:, City second with 183

Possession Lost: 3rd with 4728, Wolves with 4668 and City with 4692 above us

Conversion Rate: Second with 13%, brentford top with 14%Ā 

Ā 

Happy with the possession stats, our conversion rate dropped a lot, which i noticed in games as well

Overall though still happy with it but need to find a way to win those away games

8 hours ago, Dale0718 said:

Would you be able to share your whole tactic for this? I just can't seem to get a decent tactic this year.

Sorry I don't have it anymore, it wasn't anything special anyway. I am also struggling to find a solid tactic, I am always switching things up. I can not nail down an away tactic I am comfortable with, a tactic I have at home and win 15 in a row will be shocking in away games. Best I have come up with for Away games is just counter-attacking football.

This is now my current home go to vs anyone and its doing pretty well for now but definitely has many flaws I can't see. Only PI's I have is Case tackle harder, Koopmeiners more direct passing and Kvaratskhelia get further forward and Sancho and the WingsBacks cross more often

17bc5e49fbc74053943c2b2531019e79.png
Ā 

Edited by Verby

14 hours ago, Verby said:

Sorry I don't have it anymore, it wasn't anything special anyway. I am also struggling to find a solid tactic, I am always switching things up. I can not nail down an away tactic I am comfortable with, a tactic I have at home and win 15 in a row will be shocking in away games. Best I have come up with for Away games is just counter-attacking football.

This is now my current home go to vs anyone and its doing pretty well for now but definitely has many flaws I can't see. Only PI's I have is Case tackle harder, Koopmeiners more direct passing and Kvaratskhelia get further forward and Sancho and the WingsBacks cross more often

17bc5e49fbc74053943c2b2531019e79.png
Ā 

Thanks for getting back to me. I really can't find a decent away tactic either. Just sucks all fun out of the game for me tbh

Season 2023-2024 (Second Season)

My second season brought massives changes in club personnel...

• Eric Bailly - OM - Ā£8.5mil
  • Dean Henderson - Real Hispalis - Ā£13.5mil
  • Fred - Zenit - Ā£10.25mil
  • Victor Lindelof - Juventus - Ā£24mil
  • Alex Telles - Celtic - Ā£6mil
  • Anthony Martial - Parthenope - Ā£13.5mil
  • Donny Van De Beek - Zenit - Ā£9mil
  • Shola Shoretire - Brentford - Ā£6.75mil (Ā£10.5mil)
  • Alvaro Fernandez - Galatasaray - Ā£14mil
  • Hannibal - Fulham - Ā£6mil
  • Amad Diallo - FC RbĀ Salzburg - Ā£20mil
  • Zidane Iqbal - FC Porto - Ā£12mil
  • Anthony Elanga - Everton - Ā£15mil
  • Lisandro Martinez - Real Madrid - Ā£44.5mil (Ā£51mil) - JANUARY

There were other less notable sales, but overall I managed to bring in just over Ā£200mil in sales. The only person who I really wanted to sell, but couldn't was David De Gea. His contract is way too high and nobody wants him.Ā 

Players in...

• Marco Carnesecchi - Atalanta - Ā£16.75mil
  • Milan Skriniar - Free Transfer
  • Martin Baturina - Dinamo - Ā£9mil
  • Marcos Leonardo - SAN - Ā£14.75mil - Loaned back to SAN
  • Arsen Zakharyan - Dinamo Moscow - Ā£19.5mil
  • Arda Guler -Fenerbahce - Ā£10.5mil - Loaned to Middlesbrough
  • Purr Schuurs - Torino - Ā£22mil

In total we spent just Ā£93mil. The idea behind some of my signings will be to make a profit later on, unless they manage to impress. This will be players like Leonardo, Zakharyan and Guler.

Others are here as backup options on low wages, such as Carnesecchi, Baturina and Shuurs.

Carnesecchi is currently the number 1 goalkeeper, however I've been working my magic on Anatolii Trubin before I even signed Carnesecchi and he will be joining us most likely for season 3 on a free transfer.

One of the bigger stories in regards to working my magic, I've been unsettling Jurien Timber at Ajax. They've refused to sell him to me for Ā£52mil, so I keep going back with the same offer. It's got to the point now where he's told Ajax when his contract runs out in 2025, he's leaving on a free transfer!Ā :DĀ He will be my replacement for Varane, I'll just have to wait another season before I get him.

How did it go?

• Community ShieldĀ - WinnersĀ 4-0 - West Ham
  • Carabao Cup - Knocked out 3rdĀ Round (1-2) - Manchester City
  • FA Cup - Knocked out Semi-Final (0-2) - Arsenal
  • Champions LeagueĀ -Ā CHAMPIONS!!! (4-0)Ā - Parthenope

We stuck it to West Ham this season, winning all 3 of our games against them, with an aggregate score of 11-1!

Manchester City are as dominant as ever and we were always going to struggle away at the Etihad.

Pipped to the FA Cup once again in the Semi's, this time losing to Arsenal.

The Champions League was a surprise one for me, but when you face Parthenope in the final, 9 times out of 10 we were going to walk away with it!

PremierLeague2023-2024.thumb.png.932abc8b6fdd555da37b66a84b3ee0e6.png

Game of the season...

LeedsBeating.png.f42d3f71b3c07ddc4bf19df46d9d622e.png

I forgot to mention, as the transfers are weirdly added into last season, despite being from the same window for this season.

Transfers.png.06776823e955d43694e907fbd8ca6a89.png

Nicolas Jackson had a good first season with 29 goals in all competitions.

Ugarte was a brilliant signing and a perfect partner to Casemiro in CDM. He managed 5 goals and 7 assists alongside his defensive duties as a Ball Winning Midfielder.

1 hour ago, MichaelNevo said:

This is the tactic I use for all my games.

tactic.png.09990ac12ce3e4e7d2d8ed09b9d6acd4.png

Very nice, but how on earth do you keep the partnership lines green while also having to rotate everyone all the time due to the fitness being ****ed on this game.

Thats one hell of an attacking formation, goals galore im sure? Its a downloaded tactic judging by the name of it?

Edited by Verby

13 minutes ago, Verby said:

Very nice, but how on earth do you keep the partnership lines green while also having to rotate everyone all the time due to the fitness being ****ed on this game.

Thats one hell of an attacking formation, goals galore im sure? Its a downloaded tactic judging by the name of it?

I actually holiday my games because I don't have time in the day to watch them, I just tell my assistant my preferred players.

Was only 107 goals in the league, 28 conceded, I've definitely seen better, but then again my squad isn't the best either.

End of summer transfer window September 2029

A big outlay on players this window as i have looked to improve the defence.

Players Out:

image.thumb.png.2d8e639c7ee77e12019e76aa5a456888.pngimage.thumb.png.df18c83ed08d35cf714cb02ce0da5d20.png

There was a lot of young players that had not made the cut that went out this window, the biggest transfers

Wesley Fofana - was not great last season at all and is one of the highest earners so he went out on loan to Barcelona on full wages ad a small loan fee

Luca Netz - He had been replaced by Fan Haoyu anyway and wanted a big renewal so he went to Real for a decent fee

Gabriel Ramirez - Playing as a half back, his lack of height was a concern.Ā  Fernando Monge was placing him anyway so made the decision to let him go for a cut price really but wanted his wages off the books

Joao Fonseca (CB) - Just wasn't really progressing at all and was moaning about his game time, he was rubbish whenever he did so with a decent fee out he went

Lots of other fees for young players and lots of loans, a total of 45 players went out permanently or on loan

Players In:

image.thumb.png.26b24bfe8e8c11afcefa2e58f8c95b11.pngimage.thumb.png.c7cc8e7fb7526ec940c46553c753b538.png

Mateusz Wilk -Ā 23 y/o American goalkeeper - Already first choice and has plenty of room to grow.Ā  Cost a lot but i think this is going to be a great bit of business for a long time

Ludger Schade - 21 y/o German left back - With Netz going out i needed a backup and he came in for less and on less wages than Netz.Ā  Has room to grow as well so could be first choice as well

Bruno Guimaraes - 31 y/o Brazilian defensive midfielder - A backup for Monge in the half back role, replacement for Ramirez on less money

Giorgio Scalvini - 25 y/o Italian center back - Been chasing him for a long time and then saw he was available for a decent fee, one of the best CB's in the world

Ross Simpson - 22 y/o Scottish center back - Came in as replacement for Forfana, but in the end Scalvini will take that role, he will be backup to Scalvini

Ā 

Defense has been improved massively this year and results in the first few games show this

image.thumb.png.c57aa1bc4cd8c0a626ee5e9199a016f8.png

Community Shield ended 1-1 after extra time, i had the slightly better of it but not much in it, good news is Haaland did not score!!!Ā  Ā Ended 18-17 on penalties with both keepers scoring!!

3-2 in the super cup was a lot closer than it should have been.Ā  3-1 up and cruising in the 77 minute and the Fan Haoyu got a straight red and Spurs gave it a good effort in the last 10 but managed to hold on

League has been good, 3 very good results before the 3-2 away at Southampton.Ā  xg was 0.92 for them and 3.55 for me, 1 half chance for them and 2 clear cut and 5 half chances for me.Ā  Wilk got a 6.1, i think he felt sorry for them!!!

Ā 

Other news:

Stadium expansion complete - Capacity now 90,879

All Loans have now been paid off so we are debt free

Ā 

Overall happy with the window and hoping for a decent season, 2 trophies already. and hoping for a lot more

Edited by molemenacer

This game really annoys me sometimes, I have just soldĀ  a 32 & 33-year-old Varane and Eriksen because I refused to give them 300k a week each (Contracts were expiring). They went to the new club for 150k and 180k a week.

10 hours ago, Verby said:

This game really annoys me sometimes, I have just soldĀ  a 32 & 33-year-old Varane and Eriksen because I refused to give them 300k a week each (Contracts were expiring). They went to the new club for 150k and 180k a week.

Yep same thing happens to me the whole time.

Ā 

An even weirder example, Sancho was on Ā£275k and wanted Ā£350k for a renewal, sold him to Real Madrid and he signed for Ā£190k, bought him back 3 years later for Ā£220k.Ā  The AI is always able to get better contract deals than i am

10 hours ago, Verby said:

In fairness that's not really the game, more down to the fact Man Utd pay silly wages in the 1st place in real life. Most players that leave us will have to take pay cuts.