[FM23][SKIN] Mr Hough FM23 Mashup Skin V1.2

Mr Hough

It's just like the game will have bugs just let the guy figure out the bugs and let him now or make your own skin. I am however really grateful for the skin because i just cannot enjoy the game with the original skin at all. Good work and people should appreciate and not be negative..

38 minutes ago, Jamie Aubrey said:

I've reloaded, cleared cache, switched to default skin and back again but I can't get the player profile to the version you have in the OP, any idea's ? I usually don't need help but I can't figure this one out 

image.thumb.png.63c32d33262ddefe6bdc760e8844b50f.png

Go into the preferences in interface look for landing page and change that to profile

In this panel about best role for every position of a player, the highlighted most important attributes for that role are very hard to see. Would it be possible to change the colours (not of the numbers itself, i know this is possible in the preferences, but more the background)?

7 hours ago, pedrosantos said:

Would it be possible to make the board inside the red square larger ??? It would be nice to have more data about the players

Also the square in yellow seems to need a little improvement because the player's names are almost missing.

Thank you

Clipboard01.png

Not sure which skin your using, but you should be able to adjust the sizes of the panels here - "match/match in between highlights panel.xml"

4 hours ago, snowofman said:

Not sure which skin your using, but you should be able to adjust the sizes of the panels here - "match/match in between highlights panel.xml"

I'm using the 1.2. version.

I will give it a try :)

Edited by pedrosantos

4 minutes ago, KillYourIdols said:

Which XML is for the "Comparision- Squad Comparison" widget on the Player Screen? The "Coach Summary" is in black font and is hard to see.

maybe - player positions comparison indicator.xml - unless i'm misunderstanding you

21 minutes ago, KillYourIdols said:

Thank you. I looked in here, but as a Newbie, Couldn't see what to change for white text.

well 1st of all, my eagle eyes, had failed me once again and i had given you the wrong file

it is the "comparison" file and not player comparison

2nd - the line that is shown as black, is set to be white, but isnt as we can see. 

in this moment, my brain is unable to figure out why, i will let you know once it start working again, unless someone else comes around

1 minute ago, snowofman said:

well 1st of all, my eagle eyes, had failed me once again and i had given you the wrong file

it is the "comparison" file and not player comparison

2nd - the line that is shown as black, is set to be white, but isnt as we can see. 

in this moment, my brain is unable to figure out why, i will let you know once it start working again, unless someone else comes around

Wow, you ARE human after all!

Appreciate the help

3 hours ago, ★ OPZ ★ said:

It's OPZ Elite skins.

Yeah it is yours are you allowing the guy to keep it online? I've always wanted to thank you mate it's the best skin, and the original Fm and other skins make the game very bog standard. I'm one of those people who needs everything to look in place or i can't play it.

27 minutes ago, wilfyRJM1979 said:

Yeah it is yours are you allowing the guy to keep it online? I've always wanted to thank you mate it's the best skin, and the original Fm and other skins make the game very bog standard. I'm one of those people who needs everything to look in place or i can't play it.

What are you talking about, "Are you allowing him to keep it online" who are you like the Skin Police - Idiot.

I made this last year like i said and updated it for this years, If you don't want to use it don't if you do use it.

11 hours ago, FmTuga said:

This is the main reason why some skinners dont share skins anymore

personally, I see no problem with others using your work

but the name should be "OPZ Elite 22 skin modded by Mr Hough for FM23"
and this is needed not even by the author of the original, but by people who will use this skin. to know who to contact in case of problems and new requests

12 hours ago, Mr Hough said:

What are you talking about, "Are you allowing him to keep it online" who are you like the Skin Police - Idiot.

I made this last year like i said and updated it for this years, If you don't want to use it don't if you do use it.

Yes, because calling someone an Idiot is really going to get people on side when you've just been accused of (clearly) copying someone else's work.

15 hours ago, FmTuga said:

Just my 2 cents

Peolple should respect more fm skin makers

This skin is almost with minor changes the OPZ 22

This is the main reason why some skinners dont share skins anymore 

Agreed. For me personally, it's just one of many reasons.

3 hours ago, Olas Nick said:

personally, I see no problem with others using your work

but the name should be "OPZ Elite 22 skin modded by Mr Hough for FM23"
and this is needed not even by the author of the original, but by people who will use this skin. to know who to contact in case of problems and new requests

Idk, when someone just copies your entire skin, and then puts it out there for others to download and says "I made this", I wouldn't say it's not a problem.

You're taking someone else's work, and publishing it under your own name. Yes they've given credit to the original authors, but why would I bother making my own skin in that case? I can just copy someone else's work, give credit, and publish it as my own.

15 hours ago, Mr Hough said:

So not only are you using and publishing someone else's work, but you're also being arrogant and full of yourself. There's also no need for insults.
Nobody's going to "not allow" you to keep it online, it's the internet, you can do it if you want to. But you didn't "make" this, you took the work of other people, mashed it together, and published it as your own work under your own name. 

I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be an issue if you just published it as "TSC + OPZ Elite mashup skin". Instead, it comes off as if you're stealing someone else's work.

11 minutes ago, (sic) said:

I can just copy someone else's work, give credit, and publish it as my own.

it's bad, but I think yes, every author who published his own skin should be ready for this. :rolleyes:
if the skin is really good, they will take it as a basis, take some panels from it, or take an idea. this is normal. i'm only against changing the authorship after changing 2-3 colors in the config file, but 3/4 of the skins are like that.

This is a carbon copy of the Skin I made and used in FM22 which was a mashup between the TSC and OPZ Elite Skins. I have just updated it to FM23.  Credit to Both TSC and OPZ Elite for there Hard work and Inspiration.

That's the Opening line in my OP, What more credit could i give to them, I have literally spend Hours on last years FM and on this one trying to get things the way I wanted them because this isn't a 'New' Skin I made this mashup last year (there is a topic I can link). i just updated it so it can be allowed in this years FM.

It's not a case of 'Copy and Paste' I have no idea at all about Skinning I've learned as i go by Trial and Error and process of Elimination, What I mean by that is take for example the issue with the contract stuff when you couldn't offer a player a contract, I had no idea how to fix that so i just tried this and it worked like it has in the past there's about 20 Different folders in the 'Panels' Sub menu, How I see what changes need to be made is taking one of those folders out reloading the skin seeing if the change I want take effect if not put it back and do the next one, It's a painstaking process because I literally don't know what I'm doing.

I liked the OPZ skin and i like the TCS one i took elements from both and mashed them together I've gave Credit in the OP and I'm trying to help the Community by uploading it.

What have I done wrong?

So we've discussed the issue and came to the conclusion that the thread will remain locked. While i'm sure there's no malace or bad intentions, the skin is incredibly similar to OPZ, and given he releases yearly we feel it's not fair on OPZ as his release would be no doubt affected by this. 

To prevent this issue going forward, please ask for permission when using sizeable chunks of other peoples skins, lines of code are one thing, whole panels, let alone multiple of them are another. 

---

Further to this, if you are planning on releasing content for FM then please have a read of the Posting Guidelines, which cover the fact that if you are using other people's stuff you need to obtain permission instead of just crediting them: 

Edited by michaeltmurrayuk
added link to posting guidelines