[FM23] England Level 10 Now Released

16 minutes ago, andydick said:

The thread I originally posted has been updated with a spreadsheet of all winners, runners-up and scores for the Western League Cup Final.  Post #8 on the below thread:

https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/western-league-cup-finalists.9222/

thats great stuff, i will add them in.

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

56 minutes ago, TomAshford said:

I know for staff members lots of teams post who works for them on their website. I know my local team Huntingdon Town FC has most of the managing roles and director roles on the website.

That would involve alot of work for me to do thats why i dont add staff or players.

There is 654 teams just at Level 9 & 10

• lionel messi changed the title to [FM23] England Level 10 Now Released

*England Level 10 now released*

Download is on the 2nd post on page 1

Any feedback welcome.

If you notice any issues let me know and i will fix them.

My E-Mail address is ivanwright26@hotmail.com if anyone wants to leave a donation via Paypal.

https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/ivanwright46

Edited by lionel messi

10 hours ago, Lairdyy said:

When i set up a save and select the club, to go forward i have to press Create a Club. Is this normal? or should i just be able to go straight in? 

set-up_01.png.51cf360355541fea03bdb5162ef7fa2a.png

1. Select START A NEW GAME

set-up_02.png.62ce58b6e26297bd78a38a533e297e70.png

2. Select CAREER

set-up_03.thumb.png.9f912fb4b4c52ea04177b36dfa91efd4.png

3. Click the drop-down arrow under DATABASE.

set-up_04.png.27b8a9428617c4e53377190b4eefc28a.png

4. Select England Level 10 League & Data Updates (Note: you need to save the downloaded database in your...  > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2023 > editor data folder

set-up_04a.png.31c60a8ea5729ea62c3e6d4d305c0b65.png

set-up_05.png.615337cafbc23b4038aa2fe197da386b.png

5. Click Advanced Setup

set-up_06.thumb.png.f0fdbf04a05057a90354e821d1b84797.png

6. Select England, click the dropdown arrow, and select whichever Level / Tier you want to include in your save (Note: Level 10 Divisions and above will include all teams @lionel messi has unlocked).

set-up_07.png.7a59d49a5e23e54bcf924f36912e6887.png

set-up_08.png.0d9480b1f3121e9f2bd609f74969f615.png

7. OPTIONAL - select Advanced from the dropdown menu under Approximate Player Count, and then under NATIONS select England > Players based in nation (to maximise the amount of players available in your save)

set-up_09.thumb.png.6b4148298d3c34a627ad5317a74a39db.png

8. OPTIONAL - Select Do not Add Key Staff (see advice from lionel messi below)

9. OPTIONAL - Select Add Players to Playable Teams so that all Playable Teams have full squads at the start of your save)

set-up_10.thumb.png.d7c9180d65bbe9dfdfb6eb8f580dd5c1.png

10. Select your GAME START DATE

11. Click Start Game

Good luck 🍀

Edited by Stuniverse

3 minutes ago, Snakeyscott6 said:

Hi mate, I’m using the tier 8 leagues and managing Consett. For some reason I can’t sign players on part time contracts and only on non contracts, do you know the reason for this or could helping me fix it :-) Thanks

It's normal at the level. Just gotta deal with it.

1 minute ago, Snakeyscott6 said:

Hi mate, I’m using the tier 8 leagues and managing Consett. For some reason I can’t sign players on part time contracts and only on non contracts, do you know the reason for this or could helping me fix it :-) Thanks

You might need to get promoted up a few leagues before you can start offering full part-time contracts.

Most teams at these levels will only be able to offer non contracts.

To add to the pain I went out of my way to select a recently promoted Level 11 team that's the most local to me. Which seems to be Berks County FC... which is a shame when another team in the same league is London Samurai Rovers!

Can't wait to see how little I actually have to work with, I assume I'll have to be doing the club's laundry and groundskeeping haha

I haven't dug in too deep yet but the kit appears to be correct from what I'm seeing on their social media.

Amazing work lionel, I can barely make sense of the non-league a couple steps deep so this must have been an incredible headache!

10 minutes ago, TDBTyler said:

Can't wait to see how little I actually have to work with, I assume I'll have to be doing the club's laundry and groundskeeping haha

I like to imagine scouting being me and Fat Dave the AssMan hopping in my Ford Fiesta and driving 10 miles to the neighbouring village.

What was the thinking behind the "Professional Status" for clubs at level 10? 

In reality nearly all clubs, even down to level 10, will be semi-professional but the game is set up so that all level 10 are Amateur.  My only issue with that is that some of my players are paid Appearance money which conflicts with the Amateur status of the club.

I'm really just mentioning this as a discussion point.  Personally, I don't think you should change anything, I like the way you have set it up - the Amateur status at level 10 will make the game much more of a challenge as it will make player contract renewals harder and also stop managers diverting their huge 95K scouting budget into transfer budget. 

9 minutes ago, andydick said:

What was the thinking behind the "Professional Status" for clubs at level 10? 

In reality nearly all clubs, even down to level 10, will be semi-professional but the game is set up so that all level 10 are Amateur.  My only issue with that is that some of my players are paid Appearance money which conflicts with the Amateur status of the club.

I'm really just mentioning this as a discussion point.  Personally, I don't think you should change anything, I like the way you have set it up - the Amateur status at level 10 will make the game much more of a challenge as it will make player contract renewals harder and also stop managers diverting their huge 95K scouting budget into transfer budget. 

Yes that was what i was thinking.

I thought that they would just divert that scouting budget into wage or transfer budget.

Im not sure if it is better or not for them to be amateur.

2 hours ago, lionel messi said:

Yes that was what i was thinking.

I thought that they would just divert that scouting budget into wage or transfer budget.

Im not sure if it is better or not for them to be amateur.

I love starting at amateur level. It's a whole special challenge to have players and staff just walk in and out of your club at any time.

6 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

I love starting at amateur level. It's a whole special challenge to have players and staff just walk in and out of your club at any time.

How many clubs at Level 10 are actually Semi-Pro?

Surely most are Amateur and barely pay their players any money?

I have set Level 10 clubs Semi-Pro in a previous FM's and it makes Level 10 clubs lose a lot of money very quicky.

Espcially the ones that dont make much money through gate reciepts.

Edited by lionel messi

9 hours ago, andydick said:

My only issue with that is that some of my players are paid Appearance money which conflicts with the Amateur status of the club.

IIRC when Queen’s Park were amateur, they paid the players petrol money, or travelling expenses. I think in the game, you can consider appearance money in that light.

4 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

How many clubs at Level 10 are actually Semi-Pro?

Surely most are Amateur and barely pay their players any money?

I know in the Northern Counties East League, there is about half are amateur and half semi pro. Selby and Harrogate Railway are semi pro. Some semi pro teams do not pay players but some pay anything from £20 to £75 a week in the bottom leagues. In Hull (Where I am from) Hall Road Rangers (they are Level 11 or 12) are semi pro and pay some players about £30 a week but then Hull United are in Level 12 and semi pro don't pay any wages