[FM22] Real Life USA Pyramid - MLS,USLC,USL1,NISA,NCAA I, NCAA II, NCAA III, High School

48 minutes ago, LeoFreire98 said:

there is somekind of problem with regens with this USA database? i have seen a few of ones that no regens were generated

This database isn’t out yet, so we haven’t really gotten that far into the game mechanics of it all.  So far, we are focused on adding and detailing teams, specifically college and HS ones into the game.

With that being said, the goal is to make the database as realistic as possible.  The hope is to have a constant flow of regens generated in, so that all playable teams can be filled with players each year.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone would be interested, I could use someone to help create kits for the NCAA division II and III teams.  It would make it easier on me as I am in the process of detailing teams with real cities, stadiums, team colors, etc.  I can always do them if nobody volunteers, but it would just help speed up the process.  There’s no rush, so if you have a job, you can do them whenever you’re free.  I’ll also be able to help do kits as well once I’m done detailing teams, so the responsibility won’t all be on you.

Message me either here on the forums or on discord if you want to help, and I’ll provide you with the details.  Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! I can't get onto the discord, because I'm an idiot so updates will continue to be here for the time being. 

Things are going great and I am continuing to create HS teams, which is taking up the majority of my time. This DB brought me back down to earth when I had to add my own HS into one of the conferences. :eek: It made me realise just what a monumental task this is! There are still alot of teams to be added, but I am still 100% committed. :) I thank everyone for their patience, I know this is taking along time. 

4 hours ago, iamnobody said:

Two questions:

Where is the download link? 

Does the USL Championship get new players using a youth academy like in other countries or is there a draft system?

1. There is no download link currently as this database is still a work in progress.  There’s still a lot to be done, and we want to put out a great product.  I can’t give you a definite release date, but I would expect it to be done closer towards the release of FM23.  Hopefully we get it done before FM23 releases, but I’m not sure.  We’ll try to provide updates as we get further along.

2. The USL recently launched a USL Academy league a couple of years ago, but it is still very new.  To my knowledge, not every team in the USL Championship has an academy league team yet.  The USL also doesn’t utilize a draft system either.  A lot of players who struggle to find their place in the MLS tend to join USL teams.  Then you also have some international players joining too from other countries.  That’s really how the USL gets it’s influx of players.  

If there’s any problems with teams not having enough players in the game, we’ll probably add some sort of youth intake to them.  In the other USA databases I’ve played, that problem doesn’t really occur with the USL Championship though. 

I am going to update the original post for this thread, with an update on what is completed and what is still being worked on. Once I'm home today, I will also include screenshots. 

Edited by fifteenminutes

On 08/07/2022 at 21:14, owncredible said:

1. There is no download link currently as this database is still a work in progress.  There’s still a lot to be done, and we want to put out a great product.  I can’t give you a definite release date, but I would expect it to be done closer towards the release of FM23.  Hopefully we get it done before FM23 releases, but I’m not sure.  We’ll try to provide updates as we get further along.

2. The USL recently launched a USL Academy league a couple of years ago, but it is still very new.  To my knowledge, not every team in the USL Championship has an academy league team yet.  The USL also doesn’t utilize a draft system either.  A lot of players who struggle to find their place in the MLS tend to join USL teams.  Then you also have some international players joining too from other countries.  That’s really how the USL gets it’s influx of players.  

If there’s any problems with teams not having enough players in the game, we’ll probably add some sort of youth intake to them.  In the other USA databases I’ve played, that problem doesn’t really occur with the USL Championship though. 

I'm sorry. I didn't realize it wasn't released yet.  I must have missed that completely.  Thanks for the information about the Youth Academies.  

2 hours ago, fifteenminutes said:

I am going to update the original post for this thread, with an update on what is completed and what is still being worked on. Once I'm home today, I will also include screenshots. 

Update: Football Manager won't even load on my computer now, which is great. :onmehead:

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, again.  I just wanted to provide an in-depth update on the progress of the NCAA D2 and D3.

WHAT’S COMPLETED

• All NCAA D2 and D3 teams/conferences have been added into the editor.
  • All D2 and D3 teams have the correct team colors.
  • All D2 and D3 teams were assigned cities.  If a city didn’t exist within the game, it was created.
  • All D2 stadiums have been created.
  • 180/415 D3 stadiums have been created.

STILL IN PROGRESS

• Edit school (club) reputations
  • Edit conference colors/reputations
  • 235 D3 Stadiums left to create
  • Realistic NCAA D2 and D3 kits
  • Miscellaneous Additions

NOTE: Stadiums may not always be completely accurate due to the lack of information on them.  For example, some stadiums don’t even list a capacity, so I have to estimate by looking at game attendance numbers.  It shouldn’t be too big of a deal, though.

In addition to @owncredible's update: 

I have some  teams left to create in NCAA D1, before I continue on with NFHS. I had some issues when loading up the game and redo alot of data which I'd already done, but I'm back up to speed now.  :) 

COMPLETED

• MLS
  • USLC
  • USL League One
  • NISA
  • USL League Two
  • NCAA D1 Teams 202202)
  • NCAA D1 Stadiums (202/202)
  • Updated Head Coaches for the beginning of the 2022 season
  • NCAA D1 Team Reclassification
  • Team Colors / kits
  • Team reputations
  • Forming of the NCAA within the pyramid system.
  • MLS Next Pro has been updated. Atlanta United II, Austin Charlotte, Huntsville (?), LA Galaxy II, Los Angeles, Loudoun United, New York Red Bulls II all join in 2023.

STILL IN PROGRESS

• Recreate NFHS teams.
  • NFHS colours 
  • NFHS Conferences
  • NFHS Reputations
  • Add towns/cities
  • MLS Pro
Edited by fifteenminutes

8 minutes ago, sctchrs said:

Will NPSL and UPSL and other regional amatuer leagues be added at some point? Awesome work btw:brock:

yes! I've had an issue with some of the leagues today, so i've spent all day re-verifying them, but they'll be included!

On 04/08/2022 at 23:18, fifteenminutes said:

The only issue with the nfhs, there are SO many teams and FM only allows 1000 teams in a competition. :onmehead:

you can have more than 1000 teams in a competition. cant remember exactly how it goes but you export it as a xml, and search for the competition ID and where it says teams 1000 you can change that to whatever. then you reload the xml in the editor and save it as a normal fmf again. as long as you dont edit the teams section after the changes should stand. just a FYI

18 minutes ago, Robbles Quin ®™ said:

you can have more than 1000 teams in a competition. cant remember exactly how it goes but you export it as a xml, and search for the competition ID and where it says teams 1000 you can change that to whatever. then you reload the xml in the editor and save it as a normal fmf again. as long as you dont edit the teams section after the changes should stand. just a FYI

Can't you change the min/max in the comp editor? and then repack it using the resource archiver?

• 2 weeks later...

I found that by copying and pasting the Barcelona B affiliate settings to the MLS Next Pro teams they will be not have grey teams when the league is activated. If you want to sacrifice one element of realism to gain another I also found that selecting one of the "underage can always register" makes the MLS teams send more players to the NP teams.

Also. It's probably more accurate to have the NCAA teams as professional with maybe some conferences as semi-pro. The players don't have the ability to move multiple times a season and at the top schools they train multiple times a day.

Just to provide another update, I am currently working on the advanced rules for the NCAA 2 and 3 divisions.  Bear with me as I'm not sure how long these rules will take.  I've never done them before, so I'll be using other databases to guide me.  Once I get the rules done, I'll be pretty close to finishing the NCAA 2 and 3!  Thanks for being patient!

Edited by owncredible

I'm still getting a crash when I load up the database, which is frustrating me to no end. If anyone wants to try and help me fix the issue that I can't seem to find, feel free to drop me a message and I'll send over the file.

Edited by fifteenminutes

• 2 weeks later...

Good Morning! It's 4 am here in Hermosa Beach, but after a few days off from editing I am now back and hoping to get the last of the HS teams finished. It'll be very close, whether or not we get a file released for FM22, but it will definitely be ready for FM23. This is a very big protect after all and I am grateful for the patience as I know alot of you are excited for the release. 

Edited by fifteenminutes

• 3 weeks later...

Good Morning. I have finished creating the rules for the NCAA D2 and am just working out some small kinks that seem to be popping up in the editor. Still no exact release date, but NCAA D2 will probably be the first release instead of the NFHS. Still alot to do regarding High School teams, but they will be sorted for the release of FM23 along with NCAA 3.

I wanted to thank everyone for their patience. If there wasn't so much interest and demand for this database I probably wouldn't have stuck at it for so long. Next year, for FM23, I will definitely be more organised!

2 hours ago, fifteenminutes said:

Good Morning. I have finished creating the rules for the NCAA D2 and am just working out some small kinks that seem to be popping up in the editor. Still no exact release date, but NCAA D2 will probably be the first release instead of the NFHS. Still alot to do regarding High School teams, but they will be sorted for the release of FM23 along with NCAA 3.

I wanted to thank everyone for their patience. If there wasn't so much interest and demand for this database I probably wouldn't have stuck at it for so long. Next year, for FM23, I will definitely be more organised!

Look at it this way, for FM23, you could probably be able to open the file in the FM23 editor and make a few adjustments. 

Projects of this size and detail will take time, but fair play for sticking with it. It is a big task and you have definitely got people interested in it so that makes it worthwhile.

Edited by EnigMattic1

I have verified all the rules etc for NCAA DII but when I load the game it still crashes. :idiot: Does anyone mind testing it out to see if it happens for anyone else? I can message you the link to the file, all you need to do is load up the DB and tell me if it crashes or not. :lol:

15 minutes ago, fifteenminutes said:

I have verified all the rules etc for NCAA DII but when I load the game it still crashes. :idiot: Does anyone mind testing it out to see if it happens for anyone else? I can message you the link to the file, all you need to do is load up the DB and tell me if it crashes or not. :lol:

I can test it real quick.

• 4 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, raulfv1777 said:

Would you please send me a copy of the database? :)

Go Comets!

There is already a file available for FM23 in a different thread. @fifteenminutesstarted a new thread for his file.

If you want one for FM22, I don't think it was released.

Edited by EnigMattic1

• 4 months later...
13 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

You already know that I'm working on it, but I need to finish my Canadian file first.

I know mate, but considering you're still working on Canada I thought you'd need a couple of months to get the US file ready. Was wondering if someones actually working on a US file now.