Jump to content

[FM22] Real Life USA Pyramid - MLS,USLC,USL1,NISA,NCAA I, NCAA II, NCAA III, High School


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

That is a hell of a lot of work. Looking forward to seeing the end result.

Out of curiosity, do you plan on doing anything with MLS Next and Next PRO? 

They will be included at some point. Perhaps not immediately, but in an update of some sort. :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, fifteenminutes said:

They will be included at some point. Perhaps not immediately, but in an update of some sort. :) 

I know Next PRO was added in the winter update, how accurate it is, I don't know. As far as Next goes, I have absolutely no idea how that is set up. I had a quick look and all I could find was that there is around 560 teams from 133 clubs across various age groups. I must stress though, it was a "quick" look 🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

I know Next PRO was added in the winter update, how accurate it is, I don't know. As far as Next goes, I have absolutely no idea how that is set up. I had a quick look and all I could find was that there is around 560 teams from 133 clubs across various age groups. I must stress though, it was a "quick" look 🤣

I have no idea what I’m gonna do yet. I may erase Next Pro and just create both from scratch and see if it works. 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, fifteenminutes said:

I just wanted to add as a side note. I do work full time Monday- Friday, so although I will be working on this when I get home, progress may be slightly slow depending on how tired I am after work. Apologies! 

You don't have to apologise mate, as good as this game is, it is still a game. Life always comes first. 

3 hours ago, fifteenminutes said:

I have no idea what I’m gonna do yet. I may erase Next Pro and just create both from scratch and see if it works. 😂

Probably be the best option if you do decide to use Next/Next Pro as I don't know how accurate what they have actually is. I know that Fort Lauderdale need renaming though as they are now Inter Miami CF II. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, fifteenminutes said:

Before I start to make sure everything is working together, to minimise as many problems as I can, I am going to create every league before I do anything else.

I have done NCAA I & I am currently working on NCAA II. :)

It's always a good idea to have a plan. Looking forward to this. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, fifteenminutes said:

Due to issues with the Advanced Editor, I have went back to basic rules to see how it works...I have also had to remove a name fix which now gives the conferences the correct names. 

Screenshot 2022-03-12 155200.png

Might be easier to do everything in basic rules first and then convert it if you need to. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, fifteenminutes said:

I think I've got the NCAA I  working no problem...fingers crossed. Thanks dude!

You do realise though, with a file this detailed, there will be requests for it EVERY year going forward now. I will be totally honest, I've been looking for a decent file ever since Uncle Sam stopped doing his. I'm looking forward to this one. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

You do realise though, with a file this detailed, there will be requests for it EVERY year going forward now. I will be totally honest, I've been looking for a decent file ever since Uncle Sam stopped doing his. I'm looking forward to this one. 

I do realise that, yeah :lol: 

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, fifteenminutes said:

I think I've got the NCAA I  working no problem...fingers crossed. Thanks dude!

How many teams altogether? I got 357 in my Div I alone.  the total must be nuts.   

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, EnigMattic1 said:

You do realise though, with a file this detailed, there will be requests for it EVERY year going forward now. I will be totally honest, I've been looking for a decent file ever since Uncle Sam stopped doing his. I'm looking forward to this one. 

uncle sam was the GOAT lol

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, wkdsoul said:

How many teams altogether? I got 357 in my Div I alone.  the total must be nuts.   

205 in div I (give or take, as some teams have moved divisions), 206 in div II (same as Div I give or take) & 438 in div III which is going to be a killer.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, fifteenminutes said:

205 in div I (give or take, as some teams have moved divisions), 206 in div II (same as Div I give or take) & 438 in div III which is going to be a killer.

Damn! That's just shy of 850 teams!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

So, it turns out I'm not well. Thankfully, it's not covid, But I am going on holiday on friday till sunday the 27th. I don't want to be ill for my holiday, which means it's very unlikely i'll be on the editor during the next few days and while I'm away. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I said in my last post I wasn't going to do much due to being sick, well, I lied. I've made alot of changes today: 

 

I have started making sure all clubs have the correct stadiums, colours and information. US Soccer is so badly represented in football manager (as a whole) that it makes databases like this take much longer. I'm also having issues with certain cup competitions not showing up in games which I'll hopefully be able to rectify before I shut the editor tomorrow night before my holiday! It's coming along great, other than that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, fifteenminutes said:

It irks me when people say that the USA should have a promotion-relegation system. If you look at how many leagues there actually are in America, you'll see it would be a complete nightmare. 

And when you take into account NCAA, it just isn't practical. You can almost guarantee that those who say it should have pro/rel just look at it as MLS/USLC/USL1 and not how many "regional" divisions a league is split into. 

Edited by EnigMattic1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m really excited for this.  You’re doing a lot more than I would ever do.  I actually was debating on creating my own USA database for FM23, but I backed out due to how time consuming it would be.
 

I do have a question, though.  How are you determining what high school teams to add?  Obviously, there’s so many schools that you can’t put them all in.  Are you just putting like the top schools from each state or are you making it a mix of small schools and large schools?

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, owncredible said:

I’m really excited for this.  You’re doing a lot more than I would ever do.  I actually was debating on creating my own USA database for FM23, but I backed out due to how time consuming it would be.
 

I do have a question, though.  How are you determining what high school teams to add?  Obviously, there’s so many schools that you can’t put them all in.  Are you just putting like the top schools from each state or are you making it a mix of small schools and large schools?

I am still weighing up how I'm going to add in HS teams. :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Level 9 downwards are all amateur leagues (NCAA & youth). I was going to add them as 'reserve competitions' but then thought it would be better to put in age restrictions for each league, so only youth players will be eligible and you can coach any team you like. 

Age restrictions for each league (as of 03/29/2022) is as follows: 

Level 9 (max 23 min 17)

Level 10 (max 23 min 17)

Level 11 (max 23 min 17)

Level 12 (max 20 min 15)

Level 13 (max 19 min 15)

Level 14 (max 18 min 15)

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have now updated the original post to contain some HS leagues/conferences. California's Sac Joaquin Section includes conferences from seven different divisions, which is why there are so many. Schools are assigned to conferences/leagues according to NCS alignment, but in football manager terms, it doesn't really matter. All conferences will get a chance for state & national championships, regardless of their NCS alignment in real life. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The structure of the HS system may change and each state league structure may become it's own level within the pyramid. I'm still trying to figure out the best course of action to take. 

 

I have had too many issues with the pyramid as it is, so when I get home I'm going to start from scratch and create all competition rules etc as I go along. Hopefully this refrains from too many more errors. It's not a big loss because I'd only set up MLS & USLC anyways. 

Edited by fifteenminutes
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello! I just wanted to apologise for my radio silence regarding this project recently, as I know people are anxiously waiting for a release date. Fact is, I'm probably not going to give a definite start date. I still have a lot to add (I'm currently creating all competitions, then I'm going to resume with teams). 

I am still working on this and it's definitely something I want to finish, but I also want it to be the best it can possibly be so you can all get the best out of it. I apologise for the delay again. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...