What do Recruitment Analysts do?

I currently have 2 recruitment analysts sitting around, eating up my wage budget. I can't see the option to send them on any assignments...am I missing something?

The only assignment I can see is for the performance analysts (ongoing reports on the next opposition) and of course, for the scouts. 

My understanding is that the analyst looks at available data without leaving the office, your optajoe and that kind of thing. You should see at scout meetings that certain players are recommended by analysts rather than scouts -- often (I find) young Latin American players. So and so has some significant stat playing in x league, for instance. You then send the scout to check them out. 

I think the mainly watch football matches and try to identify good players. While the recruitment analyst focus is data analysis, key passes league ranking, passing success rate league rank, etc

I see. Would be nice if you could send them on assignments, like scouts.

For example. If I wanted to my recruitment analysts to look for a first-team winger in Holland. They could come back to me with suggestions based on stats (dribbles, assists etc.)

I knew they offered extra info on scout reports, just wondered if it was possible to send them off to do their own thing (seeing '7 unassigned' on the scouting page gets to me!)

In previous version you would get a recommendation from the data analyst (now called recruitment analyst) in the scouting center. I thought that was kind of neat. The analyst could alert you to someone having a particularly good success rate at doing something (headers, tackles, passes, etc), and then you could make the decision on whether or not that particular stat was tempting enough to make you want to recruit the player. In other words, you could find value in players from a particular stat point, as opposed to the scout who only looked at skill. But in FM2022 I don't see this "recommendation from recruitment analyst" anymore. All my scout recommendations are from DoF, scouts, and sometimes players. That leads me to the same conclusion as the OP - the analyst is just there eating up my wage budget. For the next update/version I would like to get recommendations from recruitment analyst.

On 12/01/2022 at 12:15, MasterKano said:

I don't know the "Science" behind it but for me the Scout gives you Raw data on the player (Technical, Mental and Physical) and the Analyst advises you on his personality and how he'd fit into the club.

The scout does all those things. Analysts focus on presenting statistical data e.g. Key passes, Shot accuracy etc.

• 2 months later...
On 14/01/2022 at 16:44, MontyOnTheRun said:

In previous version you would get a recommendation from the data analyst (now called recruitment analyst) in the scouting center. I thought that was kind of neat. The analyst could alert you to someone having a particularly good success rate at doing something (headers, tackles, passes, etc), and then you could make the decision on whether or not that particular stat was tempting enough to make you want to recruit the player. In other words, you could find value in players from a particular stat point, as opposed to the scout who only looked at skill. But in FM2022 I don't see this "recommendation from recruitment analyst" anymore. All my scout recommendations are from DoF, scouts, and sometimes players. That leads me to the same conclusion as the OP - the analyst is just there eating up my wage budget. For the next update/version I would like to get recommendations from recruitment analyst.

Very late reply (haven't been on these forums for a while) but you're spot on! I knew they had more of a function in the past. What happened there SI? It would be very useful if your analysts came to you with outlying player statistics. Would save me going through all the leagues and looking up 'detailed stats'...

• 4 weeks later...

Someone should do a statistical study on this. Like, how "accurate" is the scout report with/without the data analyst's input?

Personally I just don't see the point of them at the moment. Before, they would suggest that 21 year old target forward from Poland who has the high 'headers won' percentage. And I imagine that's how alot of scout reports get started IRL - a recruitment analyst finds some interesting player statistics on his computer screen and alerts the club to have a closer look. That is what's intriguing about recruitment - finding value via the player statistics where you can buy the right player that suits your style of play.