My former staff won't join my club

14 hours ago, thefmveteran86 said:

I was sacked from Stockport with 3 seasons in charge, yet Robert Huth and Neil Austin won't come to Carrick Rangers in Ireland, anyone else had this, any way of convincing them to take a wage decrease?

Think about this in the real world. would you follow your sacked real world manager and move to a new country to work for less money for an employer with less status than the one you currently work for? That's the dilemma your former FM club staff have ;) . I cant see any FM alternative to encourage them, you'll have to recruit new staff at your new club if you dont like what you have

I had 3/4 staff at my club for around 11 years who gave me 5 star training for a couple of items. When I left to go to Lyon, they quit their roles with me and I signed them for Lyon after a couple of months once I was settled. I then quit there as did they and moved to the Championship and Bristol City (and therefore a big step down in ratings). I went to offer them a contract and they wouldn't even enter negotiations. 2 seasons later I offered them and they have re-signed with me.

Maybe give it a year or two and re-try if you haven't got to the point of getting better staff than them in.

37 minutes ago, johnhughthom said:

I'm pretty sure players and staff are less unclined to travel a large distance for a part time role. So getting Carrick to professional status may be your only option. Good luck. 

Fortunately I was sacked from Carrick Rangers earlier today, so I'm now at Northampton and both of them joined me, so that's a success :applause:

Heck, sometimes I can't get staff to follow me to a BETTER job, even if I'm one of their favorite people. And some staff is so loyal, they'll follow me job-to-job-to-job. 

Let us not forget to put respect on staff that stay at a club with you until they retire. 

Shoutout to Johnny Howson, who remained as my loyal assistant manager back on FM13 at Shrewsbury Town.

We are talking around 40 or so years as my right-hand man before he retired.

It's the part time status that's a key factor here. It can work both ways actually. When my club went from amateur to part time and later to full time, not all the players and staff were prepared to make the change, and that didn't even involve changing club or nation.