Any chance to improve "Youth Intake first report" until final arrive?

Hey guys!

New save, new team. Limited (wage) options. :) 

Got first youth intake preview @ december.

Disclaimer: He was the best option considering budget/personality/formation magical trio. :) My picking method for HOYD: I'm choosing fairly professional personality instead of lower star/attrib professional (or better). (Advice me too if i'm doing it wrong please!)

Question: If I find better (same star or better model citizen/model professional/professional) HOYD (until next year early March) can i get better final youth intake in March? :)

Thanks!

:cool:

1styouthprvFvar.png

Edited by Gabez

The news item in December is giving a summary of the juniors that are already coming through the system, so I doubt that anything you change in the recruitment programme before March when they arrive will have any effect at that late stage.  

9 hours ago, FrazT said:

The news item in December is giving a summary of the juniors that are already coming through the system, so I doubt that anything you change in the recruitment programme before March when they arrive will have any effect at that late stage.  

Thank you!

So, basically if you want to change anything you have to do the necessary steps BEFORE december? Right?

Edited by Gabez

It is worth noting that almost all of the junior intake will have been at the club for 2 or 3 years before the intake, so I would suspect that, if you want to make a substantial difference to them, changes just before the intake would have no effect and would take 2 or 3 years to influence the juniors.

On 20/05/2021 at 10:11, Gabez said:

Question: If I find better (same star or better model citizen/model professional/professional) HOYD (until next year early March) can i get better final youth intake in March? :)

Thanks!

:cool:

In my experience, changing your HOYD at this point will result in a poor intake regardless of if the new HOYD is better. HOYD is one of those roles that seems to  work best when they've been in the position for a few years and you get poor results if you constantly change them out.   The first year with a new HOYD seems to always be bad. 

On 21/05/2021 at 22:41, OlivierL said:

one more question about the HOYD; Is Nation knowledge important for him ?

Yes it can affect your youth intake in different ways. If your HOYD does well know another country he will bring up some youth players from that nation over time. However, if your HOYD will have bad knowledge of your home country, your youth intake will suffer, as he does not know about your home grown talents well. 

so always try to make HOYD a long term decision

I was wondering... Having one more question if you don't mind.

What would be first on priority list when i choose the RIGHT HOYD? :)
Personality, formation, stars/attributes that matters?
If i find 2,5 star MODEL CITIZEN HOYD with perfectly fits to my tactical formation is better than a 4 star perfectionist/resolute etc. one?

I'm getting personality priorities from: Zealand's personality list

2 hours ago, Sebmono said:

Wait can someone else confirm that this is true, I'd your HOYD doesn't have strong knowledge of domestic country then your youth intake suffers?

That has certainly been my experience. 

19 hours ago, CARRERA said:

Yes it can affect your youth intake in different ways. If your HOYD does well know another country he will bring up some youth players from that nation over time. However, if your HOYD will have bad knowledge of your home country, your youth intake will suffer, as he does not know about your home grown talents well. 

so always try to make HOYD a long term decision

It makes sense. But my Spanish Hoyd (in Gibraltar) gained 60% knowledge from Gibraltar after one season. so it seems ok ?

1 hour ago, OlivierL said:

It makes sense. But my Spanish Hoyd (in Gibraltar) gained 60% knowledge from Gibraltar after one season. so it seems ok ?

The more the better ;-) but 60% is a good starting point at least

I believe that hoyd's nationality have little impact on youth intake nationalities.

The most important things in my opinion/experience are:

- Youth recruitment (bigger means not only youth from your city/regions, it expands to whole country and even players from abroad)

- The country itself - every country has certain chance to 'spawn' certain nationalities (that are most popular in country). Like, Germany and turkey/croatia, or France and african countries. Or Portugal and Angola/Cape Verde.

- Affilated clubs. If you have a link with smaller club and have certain option activated, you get players from this club (and their country). So it's important to have affiliates in countries with good facilities/coaching/recruitment as well as with good youth nation rating.