[FM21] Makeover In Hanover (fka En Vogue In Vigo)

Carambau

spacer.png

All Things Seem Possible In May 

RESULTS

spacer.png

What looks like an incredible boring streak of draws is in fact our road to continental qualification. We finished 6th after 34 games, thus qualified for the European playoffs. I didn´t give us any chance before as I was glad this tiring season was finally over. But then the lads surprised me and qualified. It was very tense in both 2nd legs as one goal would have eliminated us but in the end we prevailed. A well deserved holiday for the boys!

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

So this is it. We will play again in Europe next season.

NEWS

spacer.png

Our goalie. He is the best. 

Edited by Carambau

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

spacer.png

Season Summary

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Steven Rivadeneyra stands out. His average ratings says it all - he was our best player during the last campaign. Jaeckel also had a great season. Of course Saymak shines with his 15 assists as well, as does both strikers Vido and Blackburn. Our surprise player was right back Arciero with his 13 assists. Left winger Andreas Brym did not play many games but managed to score 5 goals and 2 assists. Sadly Strieder is starting to decline a bit. Nakayama, Drost and van Wermeskerken will have to leave 

NEWS

spacer.png

It looks like there is finally something happening. But a loan of 37M? I´m not sure if this is worth it.

Edited by Carambau

Great season again. The consistency will come good. Just need to keep building on what you’ve done! 

strange they would build a new stadium at such a cost when the current one was only built in 2007 🤷🏼‍♂️

7 hours ago, SixPointer said:

Great season again. The consistency will come good. Just need to keep building on what you’ve done! 

strange they would build a new stadium at such a cost when the current one was only built in 2007 🤷🏼‍♂️

Thanks  :)

yeah i was surprised by that as well. I don't know what the board is imagining there...

spacer.png

Summer In A Small City

spacer.png

This season it´s no exodus like last year. There are not too many players leaving this time, apart from second-fiddlers like Drost and Nakajama, whose contracts did not get extended. But one is the most important departure: Our number one keeper Steven Rivadeneyra leaves for Lazio. It was tough, in the end I had to give in and let him go. The fee of 18.25M is the result of heavy negotiations but in the end I am happy with that. Of course we had to react and bring in another keeper among other players:

Karlo Letica

spacer.png

Signed on a free after having been released by Club Brugge. The 25 year old Croatian is 201 cm tall and his Jumping Reach (19) & Aerial Reach are great (17) therefore. He has some very good reflexes (15) as well.

Theo

spacer.png

He shall become our new advanced playmaker. With his Passing (16), Technique (16), Vision (16) and Flair (16) this should be the adequate role for the 20 year old frenchman who joined from French team SC Bastia for 2.3M.

Leroy Fer

spacer.png

Another man for the central midfield. The veteran (32), who was capped 11 times for Holland, brings of course all his experience and his Bravery (18) and Work Rate (16) are top class. He was signed on a free after being released by Feyenoord.

Carel Eiting

spacer.png

The 24 year old Ajax graduate was realeased by them and we snapped him up. After years of not making it there he was loaned to Huddersfield last season and had a convincing season there. His Teamwork (16) and Passing (14) suit his midfield role here well.

Fiete Arp

spacer.png

The 22 year old German striker already has 3 U21 caps. We loan our from Bayern Munich for a fee of 1.2M. He is the prime candidate for our lone striker role. His Finishing (16) is already awesome.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

There Is No "I" In "Team"

Goalkeepers

spacer.png

New signing Letica takes the number one spot straight. 

Defenders

spacer.png

Fer and Eiting are listed as defenders here, but they will mostly play in central midfield. No big changes here.

Midfielders

spacer.png

El Mahdioui did not convince me last season, so I brought in Theo as his replacement. Young winger Samir Lagsir joins from the Reserve team. 

Attackers

spacer.png

Fiete Arp will start. Blackburn is getting old and will likely be sold when the opportunity arrives. Vido and Hernandez are backups with potential.

Key Players

Paul Jaeckel

spacer.png

Our skipper established himself already after one season. We will once more rely on him.

Theo

spacer.png

He has all the attributes to become the creative spark in our team. If that happens he is definately one of our key players.

Fiete Arp

spacer.png

If he lives of to all the hype, he will be immensely important to our team.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

A Good Start Would Be Nice

RESULTS

spacer.png

A packed calender in July & August and not the greatest start for PEC Zwolle! Our first and really important win in the Eredivisie finally comes on matchday 4 as we defeat sc Heerenveen. A lucky win, but who cares. The schedule has drained us of energy. We had to rotate players a lot. And then we finally fell at the last hurdle in the Europa Conference League qualifier for the group stage. Roma were too strong for our tiny, tired team. So our season in Europe is over before it even began. We can concentrate on the domestic league now. And the KNVB Beker.

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

I keep saying to me and the team: "The season is still long"

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

Rising From The Ashes

RESULTS

spacer.png

Now that looks better! We finally get better results. A lot has to do with Fiete Arp finally adapting to our tactic. He scored in every match and even had a hattrick against Fortuna Sittard. And we have found back to our strength at home again. Next home match: Against Ajax Amsterdam...

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

We are catching up finally.

NEWS

spacer.png

Fiete Arp leads the Eredivisie goalscoring chart!

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

Rising From The Ashes

RESULTS

spacer.png

No chance against Ajax, they could have scored more goals. But we beat AZ at home, that was a really good game from us. Utrecht were hard to beat and we did not manage to do this at home but a point is ok against them as they are having a good season. Amateur team GOES was no match, so the reserve players could have a go and they delivered. We were lucky against Groningen thats for sure, as Arp poached in the 92nd minute. But well, 3 points.

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

A good month sees us on 6th place. Now the World Cup 2022 break is coming, so the next games will be in January.

Edited by Carambau

If this Arp guy is that good....I might have to get him....he's been on my Scouts radar for years , but I never really looked into bringing him into the team in Grenoble. I think he is tearing up Bundeliga2 in my save....

Also I usually don't like to get players that "Everyone" is getting to setup a super team. 

4 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

If this Arp guy is that good....I might have to get him....he's been on my Scouts radar for years , but I never really looked into bringing him into the team in Grenoble. I think he is tearing up Bundeliga2 in my save....

Also I usually don't like to get players that "Everyone" is getting to setup a super team. 

He is the heir to Robert lewandowski’s throne!

6th was a good finish. Your reward of Roma was a bit like mine with Parma, I was drawn against Bayer Leverkusen in my first qualifier - probably the best team in the competition.

Letica is usually a really solid keeper. And like others, I kept passing the chance to sign Arp - it looks like he is doing very well for you. 

Good luck on the rest of your season, it's ticking along nicely again.

On 08/03/2021 at 10:54, Hootieleece said:

Never had him before in my saves, he is a massive step forward for our club. Pity he is only here on loan. Thats the approach i take as well, don´t like to sign those everyones darlings :)

On 08/03/2021 at 14:59, SixPointer said:

He is the heir to Robert lewandowski’s throne!

I thought that was Haland? ;)

On 08/03/2021 at 15:19, Jogo Bonito said:

6th was a good finish. Your reward of Roma was a bit like mine with Parma, I was drawn against Bayer Leverkusen in my first qualifier - probably the best team in the competition.

Letica is usually a really solid keeper. And like others, I kept passing the chance to sign Arp - it looks like he is doing very well for you. 

Good luck on the rest of your season, it's ticking along nicely again.

Yeah, its the same category as your Leverkusen draw...

Thank you :) I hope we can at least reach Europe again!

spacer.png

Here We Go Again On Our Own 

RESULTS

spacer.png

A good month and a good start into the new year. We sadly are out of the KNVB Beker as we lost to PSV at home, but that was expected. The defeat against Feyenoord away was also nothing too surprising. Apart from that we rocked the league, with Arp scoring and scoring.

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

We continue to push for Europe.

NEWS

spacer.png

Spain win the World Cup in Qatar.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

Winter Wonderland

RESULTS

spacer.png

We continue our rise in the table but boy are those close results! If we didn´t have Arp we´d be doomed! He snatches at the slightest chance we get and scores. This month was very lucky for us, despite the results pretending otherwise. Willem II had us catching for air with their constant pressure but their attacks lacked precision. Same with Groningen and Cambuur. Praise the lord for those 3 points. Anyway, a win is a win.

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

Third! Unbelievable! But we know we don´t belong there.

Edited by Carambau

Hi did they finally fixed the transfer problem in Netherland? I started a save with Groningen and Den Haag at some point but the rest of the teams especially Ajax, hardly bought players from outside the league with hundreds of millions in the bank.

Can you look up some transfer histories from the last seasons, because i really would like to have a save in the Eredivisie. But against competition that refuse to sign better players, it becomes boring very fast.

11 hours ago, SixPointer said:

Great season thus far!! There is a little bit of gap to 5th hopefully you can stay in 3rd. 

KICK ON THE ZWOLLE 

Yeah, I´m hoping for that gap to stay a gap :)

1 hour ago, Icetuga said:

Hi did they finally fixed the transfer problem in Netherland? I started a save with Groningen and Den Haag at some point but the rest of the teams especially Ajax, hardly bought players from outside the league with hundreds of millions in the bank.

Can you look up some transfer histories from the last seasons, because i really would like to have a save in the Eredivisie. But against competition that refuse to sign better players, it becomes boring very fast.

I made some screenshots:

Spoiler

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

This looks ok to me :)

spacer.png

Life In March

RESULTS

spacer.png

Well this is much better. We finally start to score more goals! Arp is still running the show and it was him who downed the big PSV alone!

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

The gap to 5th place has widened.

Edited by Carambau

1 hour ago, SixPointer said:

Marching into European football! Young Arp leading the way 

Without him, our season would be pretty drab...:)

51 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Really impressive this season, plenty to be 'Arping on about so far.

Alright alright alright :cool:

spacer.png

A Nice Finish To The Season

RESULTS

spacer.png

It was a long way, but we did it in the end. Europe here we come! April was a disappointment but we already had enough points to secure the playoffs for the european places. Once there, we parked the bus in the away games and at home Arp did the job.

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

A good season comes to an end.

spacer.png

He absolutely annihilated the leagues defences.

NEWS

spacer.png

The Youth Intake was a huge success this season.

spacer.png

Season Summary

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Player of the Year: Fiete Arp. But also new keeper Letica did a great job, as did Jaeckel in defence once more. Surprise of the season is our own academy product Jarno Westerman who is there to stay. Quite some players will have to leave, as we are bringing in (supposedly) better quality for the new season.

Just now, Jogo Bonito said:

A very successful season for the club and for Arp, what a game-changer he was. Hopefully your draw in Europe will be kind.

Thank you :)

Arp definitely was the game changer. I dare not to think where we would have finished without his goals...

1 hour ago, SixPointer said:

great season!! those numbers from Arp are out of this world! no chance of extending the deal? lovely youth intake to round of a lovely season! :applause:

Thanks mate :) Sadly he is not interested...

spacer.png

Summer Dreams

spacer.png

spacer.png

Leverkusen pay 5M for our winger Pelle Clement, which is nice as he wasn´t planned a regular starter anyway. The other 2 notable departures are Vido and Blackburn. The rest is deadwood or youngsters who did not make the grade.

Francesco Forte

spacer.png

Our most important signing this season is Francesco Forte from Venezia. The 30 year old nomadic striker should inherit Arp´s place. He is a good finisher (15), his jumping reach (16) and heading (14) make him a good target man. And we got him for free after his contract ran out.

Rober Ibanez

spacer.png

Also 30 years old, the spanish winger Rober Ibanez joins from Osasuna on a free transfer. His acceleration (15) plus his pace (14) and dribbling (14) make him a prime candidate for our right wing.

Hector Munoz

spacer.png

Young talent Hector Munoz comes from Deportivo Pasto in Colombia and is planned for our left wing. He already got 4 U21 caps for Colombia as well. The winger got acceleration (17), pace (16) and agility (18). And a good first touch (15).

Katlego Pillay

spacer.png

Another 18 year old talent, this time for our central defence. The south african 5 time U21 player got the attributes right: Marking (13), Tackling (16), Balance (18), Jumping Reach (15) and got a high work rate (18). He can improve a lot surely.

We promote 3 players from our reserve team: 

• Goalkeeper Erik van der Pol (17), who already got some U20 caps for Holland
  • Central midfielder Niels de Velde (17), who run riot in last seasons reserve league
  • Striker Quinten van den Heerik (21), who scored 10 goals in 21 matches while on loan at Telstar last season

spacer.png

Look Who Is New

Goalkeepers

spacer.png

Letica had a great first season for us. He naturally stays the number one. But van der Pol is highly talented.

Defenders

spacer.png

Pillay is the only new player here. He should fit right in.

Midfielders

spacer.png

Ibanez and Munoz should help us on the wings. Strieder is getting old and Leroy Fer has not been a good signing.

Attackers

spacer.png

Only 2 strikers. Forte will start of course but I pray that he does not get injured often.

Key Players

Paul Jaeckel

spacer.png

Still our best man in defence.

Rober Ibanez

spacer.png

The new winger should be able to push our development further.

Francesco Forte

spacer.png

He has the almost impossible task of stepping into Arps footsteps. But he looks a good striker indeed.

spacer.png

You Got To Start Somewhere

RESULTS

spacer.png

What an august that was! Nine games in one month... and in the end we made it to the group stage of the Europa Conference League. But it was a tough walk. We had problems getting started but once the engine was running, the results came. KAA Gent had a goal disallowed, so we were lucky a bit but who cares? We will play in this group:

spacer.png

Should be possible to qualify from that.

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

A good start into the season.

A very good start! I wasn't expecting to see the name of Forte, let alone in Holland! He was on my shortlist at Parma from the first season where one of the board philosophies was to sign Italians from lower league clubs. I didn't need to in the end, but he has only scored 29 in 92 during these three seasons (all in Serie B). Like you said, he looked decent to me too - and still does. I hope he does well for you.

13 hours ago, Jogo Bonito said:

A very good start! I wasn't expecting to see the name of Forte, let alone in Holland! He was on my shortlist at Parma from the first season where one of the board philosophies was to sign Italians from lower league clubs. I didn't need to in the end, but he has only scored 29 in 92 during these three seasons (all in Serie B). Like you said, he looked decent to me too - and still does. I hope he does well for you.

Thank you my friend :) I first had doubts about Forte too, because he is such a journeyman striker and not really has scored that much. But then again his attributes convinced me to buy him ;) 

spacer.png

Slow Progress Is Progress, Too

RESULTS

spacer.png

It seems our defence is hard to beat. We only concede one goal this month. Forte continues to score which is nice to see. He surely is no Arp but he is trying hard. A vital win in the first ECL match too.

spacer.png

Yay! Top of the group!

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

We are yet to lose a match this season. Only Ajax can match this.

6 hours ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Not in Parma they don't! Solid defences mean mid-table :lol:

I have to second that statement....

Solid defenses in the French "Farmer's League" is only midtable.....if you get lucky and score a goal or two and PSG wins the Coupe de France you can go to Europe!

spacer.png

Life Goes On

RESULTS

spacer.png

No defeat in October. And it looks like Forte likes scoring more in the ECL than in the league. Nice to see Katlego Pillay on the scoresheet against Willem II with a nice header after a corner. Also, we keep our flawless record in europe and stay top of our group.

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

Title race! (No, not really...)

NEWS

• Katlego Pillay got handed his first cap for South Africa at only 18 years old
Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

Winter Is Coming

RESULTS

spacer.png

Ajax once again showed how big the gap between our clubs still is, we had no chance. The draw in Enschede was achieved after very hard work in our defence and a bit of luck. The wins against Utrecht and Sparta were well deserved though. In the ECL, we did what we had to do and in the end qualified for the knockout rounds with one game to spare:

spacer.png

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

What is NAC doing up there?

NEWS

• Changes in goal: We relegate backup keeper Joey Kesting to the reserve team and promote Giovanni Babel from our U18s as 3rd keeper
  • Yordi Vilchez wants to leave and we put him on the transfer list but no offers yet
  • Juanma Hernandez was unhappy at his loan at Telstar so we called him back but he isn´t settling in so we put him on the TL as well

6 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Very steady and consistent. Definitely establishing yourselves as one of the stronger Dutch clubs and despite the 3-0 you are very close to Ajax. You don't have to take points from them if some other clubs do :thup: