[FM21] Makeover In Hanover (fka En Vogue In Vigo)

Posted (edited)

spacer.png

Wake Me Up When December Ends 

RESULTS

spacer.png

What started so nicely ended up in bad bad performances... We lost the last game in our ECL group at home to FC Kobenhavn, but this was ok as we were qualified already anyway I thought. Then we traveled to AZ and got a respectable draw there. I decided to rest some key players in the KNVB Beker against NAC who we beat confortably just 10 days ago... and we went out! The icing on the cake was the home draw against promoted GA Eagles

spacer.png

We finished 2nd only. I wonder if this makes a difference in the draw for the next round.

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

NAC fall behind us. Thats nice.

NEWS

• Winter Transfer: We sign Mzwandile Nkosi from South African side Mamelodi Sundowns for 725K. A very physical central midfielder. He should fit right into our first team

spacer.png 

His physical attributes are all >12.

• Look who will join us next season on a free transfer:

spacer.png

Man, that was a tough fight! His damn agent wanted such high wages, but in the end we offered a lot of different bonuses which did the trick.

Edited by Carambau
  • Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You have the new "wonderkid"!

also you are fulfilling my "Rule of thumb": Average 2 points per game in the League and win the title or at least get European Football.

4 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

You have the new "wonderkid"!

also you are fulfilling my "Rule of thumb": Average 2 points per game in the League and win the title or at least get European Football.

Looks like :)

Hope I can live up to that rule of thumb until the end of the season!

Posted (edited)

spacer.png

New Year, New Problems

RESULTS

spacer.png

4 points in 2 games in January. Thats not bad. Even better considering we had to play without our regular number one. See more on that below.

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

4th place and still going.

NEWS

• Our number one Karlo Letica injured himself in training and will be out for about 2-3 months 

spacer.png

• As I didn´t trust our 2 young backup keepers to be up at Eredivisie level yet, we had to bring in another experienced keeper. We decided to loan out Kacper Bieszczad from Sassuoulo for the second half of the season to cover for Letica

spacer.png

At 1.93m, his Aerial Reach (16) and Jumping Reach (17) are standing out of course. Because of his long arms he also is good at Throwing (15)...whatever that means.

• Paul Jaeckel was sold to Betis on the last day of the transfer window when they came up with a bid that matched his release clause of 9.75M

spacer.png

Edited by Carambau
Posted (edited)

spacer.png

Giant Killers

RESULTS

spacer.png

We beat the great Ajax! Our confidence is high as a skyscraper! I didn´t expect us to perform like this after the sudden departure of our skipper Jaeckel! Let´s make the most of it.

spacer.png

It is time for revenge.

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

This is unbelievable.

Edited by Carambau
Posted (edited)

spacer.png

He Comes Back To Haunt Us

RESULTS

spacer.png

It could only go downwards after such a great month. We fail to beat lowly Heerenveen and even suffer a heavy loss against Vitesse. And goes who was the man of the match? Our former loan striker Thomas Buitink! I guess thats how just how it goes sometimes. At least we had our revenge on danish side Kobenhavn and made it to the quarter finals of the ECL:

spacer.png

Some French taste in the next round.

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

5 games to go and still up there with the big boys. We have to keep going.

Edited by Carambau
8 minutes ago, SixPointer said:

Still right in the mix!! Few big results and it could be party time 

Hopefully  :) even NAC are still in the Mix as well!

Posted (edited)

spacer.png

Fantastic Forte!

RESULTS

spacer.png

It is not about the results this time, but about the scorer: The only goalscorer in April for us was Francesco Forte! He scored 4 goals in 5 matches, 2 times it was the winning goal.  He´s got 21 league goals now and is sitting on 3rd in the goalscorers table. Looks like he does not give up next seasons place to Arp without a fight! The only time he didn´t score saw us get eliminated from the ECLStade Rennes with Ousmane Dembele on loan make short work of us at home. In the league 8 points in 4 games is good for us.

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

Ajax have reclaimed top spot. 2 games to go and everything is possible. We will play NAC away and Emmen at home, while Ajax will have Sittard away and Heerenveen at home. Let´s hope for the best.

NEWS

spacer.png

The Youth Intake was great again. There are quite a bunch of useful players who we are going to sign.

Edited by Carambau

Fantastic to secure Arp on a future free transfer, very sharp business. But in the meantime, Forte has been incredible - maybe I should have signed him for Parma after all!!!

A really good run in the league with only 2 losses in 32 after losing your captain. Great effort in Europe too, no shame in losing to Rennes with Dembele in the ranks.

Good luck trying to fight off Ajax for the title :thup:

10 hours ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Fantastic to secure Arp on a future free transfer, very sharp business. But in the meantime, Forte has been incredible - maybe I should have signed him for Parma after all!!!

A really good run in the league with only 2 losses in 32 after losing your captain. Great effort in Europe too, no shame in losing to Rennes with Dembele in the ranks.

Good luck trying to fight off Ajax for the title :thup:

Thank You :) 

Getting Arp was a very tough negotiation indeed, we are lucky we could offer so many different bonuses (like getting in the team of the year bonus etc.)! 

Forte is really really doing fine and I am thinking already about a 2-striker-tactic for next year to pair him with Arp to not waste him on the bench and **** him off...

I am liking  a two striker striker attack now.

I have finally decided that I don't know enough or can't ever afford a lone striker that truly works.

Also I am thinking of going "Strikerless" ala Man City this season IRL.

1 hour ago, Hootieleece said:

I am liking  a two striker striker attack now.

I have finally decided that I don't know enough or can't ever afford a lone striker that truly works.

Also I am thinking of going "Strikerless" ala Man City this season IRL.

Yeah 2 strikers! I am gonna try that next season... hope it works :) 

spacer.png

Enjoy The Silence

RESULTS

spacer.png

So we did it. We secured 4 points in the remaining 2 matches and qualified for the UEFA Champions League. What a season for this small club!

spacer.png

Forte was one of the decisive factors for our success.

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

In the end we finish 2 (ok, 3) points short of becoming Champions. Just you wait for next season, Ajax!

Posted (edited)

spacer.png

Season Summary

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Biggest surprise: Our loan keeper Kacper Bieszczad! He was only there to cover for the injured Letica but did remarkably well! Somehow it is a pity we already have such a good keeper, otherwise I would blindly sign him. Katlego Pillay continues his fantastic development, having already earned some senior caps for South Africa by now. Lam is showing he is still important to us despite his becoming older. Saymak had a great season as well as he feels the competition it seems. And what more is there to say about Francesco Forte anyway?

NEWS

spacer.png

spacer.png

The stadium is finally completed. Albert Van Der Haar Park... Hmmm. It´s better than the previous name and we got about 8.000 seats more capacity now.

spacer.png

My contract was extended by FIVE years. 

Edited by Carambau

An excellent finish, 2nd. Ajax must have been worried.

Forte & Arp next year could be exciting - and a five year contract is longer than I ever had in FM. 

18 hours ago, Jogo Bonito said:

An excellent finish, 2nd. Ajax must have been worried.

Forte & Arp next year could be exciting - and a five year contract is longer than I ever had in FM. 

Still refining the 2-striker-tactic atm, really hope it works out next season

The board seems to love me :)

spacer.png

Summer, Sun And Soccer

spacer.png

spacer.png

Some names might be familiar: Brym did not make the grade here, El Mahdioui never really got involved in the team and Hernandez was only good when he was out on loan at Telstar. So all of those and some more had to leave.

Fiete Arp

spacer.png

Well, there´s not much to say about this player. We all know him and his ability by now. We are just happy that he is back. And this time for good.

Karim Rekik

spacer.png

A Dutch journeyman, he already played for 10 (!) clubs in his career despite being only 29 years old. With his good tackling (15), Marking (14) and Bravery (17) he will take the place alongside Pillay in central defence. We paid 5M to Newcastle for him.

Majeed Ashimeru

spacer.png

This transfer was a strange one. RB Salzburg only wanted 5K for him, for whatever reason?! We didn´t care and snapped him up. The 27 year old Ghanaian is the ideal midfield engine with his Work Rate (17) and Off The Ball positioning (15).

Bruma

spacer.png

The Portuguese winger (30) joins from Espanyol for 675K. I had a feeling we needed to bolster our wings a bit more and he came in handy. His Agility (16), Pace (16) and Dribbling (15) will help us for sure.

Sebastian Kerk

spacer.png

Another veteran winger and why not? The 30 year old German is an allrounder who is particularly useful when it comes to set pieces (Free Kick Taking 15). Osnabruck get 1.2M for him.

Kim Sung-Chul

spacer.png

We pay 1.1M to Ulsan to get this 18 year old versatile and talented wingback. His Teamwork (19) and Determination (15) will get him far.

spacer.png

Getting Better Every Time

Goalkeepers

spacer.png

Letica is still our number one of course. Van der Pol and Babel will play in the Reserves mostly.

Defenders

spacer.png

Rekik walks straight into the first team. The other new signing Kim Sung-Chul will take turns with ArcieroVan den Berg is promoted from the Reserves after convincing on loan at Telstar last season.

Midfielders

spacer.png

Good to have some more options on the wings. Ashimeru could replace Strieder this season already. 

Attackers

spacer.png

Fiete and Forte. Let´s see what they can do in a 2-attack-tactic

Key Players

Katlego Pillay

spacer.png

At only 19, he is already the leader of our defence. And he continues to develop even more. 10 caps for South Africa by now.

Hector Munoz

spacer.png

He is also still only 19 years old but wreaks havoc to opponents defences already week by week. He´s getting faster every year.

Fiete Arp

spacer.png

The leader of our attack. Together with Forte this could be an explosive mixture.

Posted (edited)

spacer.png

Let Us Begin

RESULTS

spacer.png

Our Champions League season is over before it even really began. Ok, we couldn´t have hoped to beat Lyon in the playoffs, but still... Anyway, we will play in the Europa League group stage then and this is our group:

spacer.png

At least SOME Champions League flair with AC Milan in our group.

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

A fair start to the season.

Edited by Carambau
Posted (edited)

spacer.png

Moving On

RESULTS

spacer.png

Nice league form keeps us in the top 3 this month. Arp Fonte both score, so the tactic seems to work so far. In the Europa League we defeat St. Etienne to have a good start too.

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

We are up there again.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

When It Clicks

RESULTS

spacer.png

It looks like a good pairing up front: Arp Forte are finally starting to score together! And we even do not lose to Ajax! And we are top of our Europa League group too!

spacer.png

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

3rd place. We feel good up there.

22 hours ago, deltablue said:

2nd last season seems like a great achievement. It's nice to see Arp back as well.

Thank you :) Yeah, he should be a massive contributor to our future development.

18 hours ago, SixPointer said:

How’s the tactic looking? Deadly front two and another solid start in league and Europe

spacer.png

This is it. It´s working quite well atm, though I am switching it with the 1-striker-tactic from time to time :) 

18 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

There seems to be a break away group in the title race....and Zwolle is in it! surely a good sign....

Let´s hope we can stay there :) 

Posted (edited)

spacer.png

Call It A Comeback

RESULTS

spacer.png

The month didn´t start too good. But after that draw at home with Heracles followed a surprising draw at the San Siro in Milan: We took the lead pretty early on and doubled our lead shortly afterwards. Milan were obviously shocked but gave us some beating after the break and in the end we were lucky to escape with a draw. Then PSV trashed us with 5 goals. Then win against Vitesse was vital as after that we easily won in St. Etienne, which had us qualify for the knockout stages after 5 matches already:

spacer.png

Some French taste in the next round.

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

Ajax are running away already.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

Simply The Best

RESULTS

spacer.png

The best month ever since I took over at Zwolle! 6 games, 6 wins. The first 2 were hard work, but after that our game was in full flow with Arp scoring in each of them.

spacer.png

We win our group unexpectedly. And Milan are out!

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

Some gap between us and 4th place already.

Posted (edited)

spacer.png

Bogey Team Eindhoven

RESULTS

spacer.png

PSV seem to be our bogey team this season. So we are out of the KNVB Beker, but in the league we continue to be flawless. 3 games, 3 wins.

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

We are level with Ajax. 

NEWS

spacer.png

We sign 19 year old American left winger Mike Jones for free from the LA Galaxy academy. Could turn out as a bargain in the future. Pace (15) and Acceleration (16) are his best attributes.

Edited by Carambau
2 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

Fantastic Start! now for closing and winning!

We will try :) 

7 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Great stuff in the league and Europa League. The strikers seem to have paired up well, and Ashimeru was a great signing for that sum.

Yeah, Ashimeru might be the most underrated transfer I ever made :) 

Posted (edited)

spacer.png

Bogey Team Eindhoven, Part 2

RESULTS

spacer.png

PSV of course! We lose at home to them after earning a credible draw in Amsterdam... Oh well at least we won the following 2 games with both strikers on target.

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

We are still chasing Ajax. But PSV are getting close.

Edited by Carambau
Posted (edited)

spacer.png

Marching Orders

RESULTS

spacer.png

We destroyed Twente with Arp exploding once more, but then lose away to RB Leipzig. After a lucky win at RKC I thought we´d have a good chance of defeating them if we scored an early goal. Well, we did. Then Sabitzer scored in the 78th minute and brought us down to earth. Kerk gave us hope for exactly 2 minutes but then our European Adventure was over for this season. I guess we were still shocked when we failed to score against Willem II at home. The lads made up for this by winning away against Heracles

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

PSV seem to have let go.

Edited by Carambau
Posted (edited)

spacer.png

This Is No April Joke

RESULTS

spacer.png

Two crucial wins against Sittard and AZ. Then we went to Rotterdam and got trashed but it was well deserved. Only 2 games to go now. We will play Groningen and Utrecht while Ajax will play against Utrecht and Sparta. Sounds like easy games for both but we all know what can happen in football...

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

IF we win our next 2 games, we will be Champions of Holland.

NEWS

spacer.png

We had better Youth Intakes...

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

Dare To Dream

RESULTS

spacer.png

Groningen was an easy game. Then we went to Utrecht... and lost.

spacer.png

This is how our injury list looked before the FC Utrecht game. No surprise we lost...

Spoiler

spacer.png

...but Sparta Rotterdam defeated Ajax too! Which makes us Champions of Holland! Hup Hup!

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

And Ajax didn´t even make 2nd place! :) 

On 22/03/2021 at 19:12, SixPointer said:

Congratulations 👏🏻👏🏻 Phenomenal achievement in such a short space of time 

Thank you :) That escalated quickly, yes...

On 22/03/2021 at 19:43, maxtothemax said:

Really nice season! Congrats!

Thank you :)

On 22/03/2021 at 21:20, Hootieleece said:

Zwolle will overtake Ajax as the Dutch Football player Factory within 5 Seasons.

We´ll see ;)

On 22/03/2021 at 22:09, Jogo Bonito said:

Fantastic, well done indeed :applause:

Thanks mate :)

Posted (edited)

spacer.png

Season Summary

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

If we didn´t have Letica in goal, we surely wouldn´t have achieved this success. He was outstanding once more. New signing Rekik did a great job alongside Pillay in central defence. But our player of the season was Majeed Ashimeru. Signed for a penny and what he delivered was pure class. Hope he can build on that next season. Arp did not score as many goals as the last time he was with us but that is because Forte was on form too, scoring 20 goals. Both strikers complemented each other perfectly with our 2-striker tactic, a pity that Forte isn´t getting younger. Strieder won´t  play a big role next season, the age gets the better of him already. Ibanez declined massively, this was mostly due to him being injured almost the whole season. He will face the same fate as StriederTheo is making noises about getting more playing time and wanting to leave. Maybe he will. New wingers Bruma and Kerk did their jobs and thats why we signed them.  

Edited by Carambau
Posted (edited)

spacer.png

Transfer Time

spacer.png

It was obvious from the day we signed him that we would not be able to keep hold of him when a big club comes for him: Katlego Pillay joins Bayer Leverkusen for a nice fee of 31M. With Karim Rekik leaving as well (we were not able to turn down the offer of 7.25M from Newcastle, otherwise that would have poisoned the dressing room atmosphere), our whole central defense needs to be build again from scratch! At least we get rid of oldtimers Ibanez, Saymak and Strieder.

Franceso Petrillo

spacer.png

The 19 year old Italian right back joins on a free from Juventus´ Youth team. He already got 18 U21 caps for Italy. He got great physical attributes and his passing (16) is very good for a right back.

Gift Rooi

spacer.png

Another youngster from South Africa, joining for 700K from Mamelodi Sundowns. The 19 year old striker got 9 U21 caps for his homeland. His pace (14) and acceleration (15) make him the ideal counter attacker.

Florin Chirila

spacer.png

We needed new central defenders and here is the first new one: The Romanian international (2 caps) seems the ideal candidate: His tackling (16), marking (12), heading (15), jumping reach (16), determination (16) and work rate (16) tell the story. He is also only 19 years old. We pay 4.7M to romanian side Astra for him.

Oswin Appollis

spacer.png

Sounds greek, but comes from South Africa (again!) actually. Advanced playmaker with already 11 caps to his tally. Dribbling (16), Flair (17) and Acceleration (16) are his most prominent attributes. SuperSport United get 550K from us.

Fredrik Mohammad

spacer.png

19 year old swedish U21 international, who can play on both sides in defence and can help out in the middle as well. Randers receive 3.4M for him. Tackling (15) and Anticipation (15) are his best attributes.

Federico Parilla

spacer.png

Talented Argentinian striker with already 19 U21 caps. The 19 year old joins for 8M from Lanus. Fantastic dribbler (16) with good passing (16), great composure (19), top finishing (15) and great pace (16) & acceleration (16). He should be the successor of Forte.

Daniel Ochoa

spacer.png

625K go to Jaguares. Backup left defender, but looking very talented. The 20 year old Colombian got a lot to learn but is very determined (18).

Edited by Carambau
  • Carambau changed the title to [FM21] Makeover In Hanover (fka En Vogue In Vigo)