[FM21] Makeover In Hanover (fka En Vogue In Vigo)

Carambau

You lost to Chelsea....just remember you are still overachieving.....and your "Goal Machine" didn't score.

If you keep this up you will dethrone Ajax as the best Dutch team and if you ever get a youth team going....

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

You lost to Chelsea....just remember you are still overachieving.....and your "Goal Machine" didn't score.

If you keep this up you will dethrone Ajax as the best Dutch team and if you ever get a youth team going....

Thank you! You´re right. I´ve calmed down now and by now I realize we achieved some great things :)

spacer.png

Season Summary

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

64 goals in a season! AVR of 7.62Arp broke all the records last season. A pity he turned 30 already. Let´s hope he still has 2-3 years on this level. Milovanovic had a great first full season for us. Gabrijelic is becoming better and better. And WTF: He made 16 assists last season, 2nd best in our team! Rambert still shows his assist quality every season. New signing Burkhardt will leave as will Petrillo. The team will have a different face next season.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

Transfer Time

spacer.png

Right back Petrillo left for Frankfurt on a free (not pictured), but otherwise none of the big names are leaving us. And loans, loans, loans...

Kacper Bieszczad

spacer.png

Look who´s back! And now permanently! I never forgot how good he was when we had him on loan here for half a season some time ago. I wanted a reliable backup keeper and that´s exactly what he is. We pay 8M to Amiens.

Aaron Rabe

spacer.png

The 21 year old German right back. He already got 13 U21 caps for Germany. He comes as a replacement for Petrillo and with his physical attributes he can already match his predecessor. 4.6M go to Dynamo Dresden.

Miguel Montano

spacer.png

19 year old Colombian left winger as a backup for RambertMillionarios get 1.6M. Dribbling, Technique, Pace, Acceleration & Agility (all 16) are his best attributes.

Aminu Lawal

spacer.png

The central midfield comes on a free after his contract at Aston Villa ran out. Very physical player who can also dribble a bit.

Salim Najah

spacer.png

Our 20 year old academy product finally gets the chance to prove himself. After loans at Telstar, Amiens Troyes I think the central defender is ready to show what he can do in our first team.

spacer.png

Gentlemen, Start Your Engines!

Goalkeepers

spacer.png

Milovanovic. I am glad to have Bieszczad back as a backup. Babel somehow never gets to show what he can.

Defenders

spacer.png

Rabe instead of Petrillo. And Najah to learn and prosper.

Midfielders

spacer.png

The 2 new wingers are keen to show what they can do on the pitch.

Attackers

spacer.png

Arp & Skoglund. Combined 81 goals last season.

Key Players

Leonardo Luiz

spacer.png

The left side of the pitch belongs to him.

Andre Song

spacer.png

Running the midfield.

Fiete Arp

spacer.png

Scoring the goals.

Edited by Carambau

-spacer.png

Green Inferno

RESULTS

spacer.png

Yes. That´s the way I like it. Flawless pre-season, flawless Johan Cruijff Schaal, flawless league matches. Looking forward to a good season now. And Arp got goals again after 5 matches.

spacer.png

I like that group personally.

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

Not really a surprise after that green inferno.

Edited by Carambau

-spacer.png

Green Inferno Part II

RESULTS

spacer.png

This was Tomas Ramberts month. Our winger has been the decisive man in 3 of 4 matches during this time and most importantly against rivals PSV where he scored the winner early on.

One day later:

spacer.png

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

Good to see the others fall back.

Edited by Carambau

2 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

Injuries....always when a player is in top form!

Keep the form going....because once you lose it it is hard to get back.....my current season is a good example....

Exactly... I fear that as well having seen what happens to you...

-spacer.png

Green Inferno Part III

RESULTS

spacer.png

There it is, our first defeat. But not in the league! We lose away to a dominating Dortmund side in the Champions League as expected. But after that we keep on winning, even without Rambert.

spacer.png

Looking good despite the defeat.

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

Still only 6 points ahead.

Edited by Carambau

-spacer.png

Green Inferno Part IV

RESULTS

spacer.png 

Rambert is back. And it shows. We win every match this month. We secure qualification from the group stage in the CL as well. Thanks to Rambert, again.

spacer.png

We are through to the knockout round.

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

We extended our lead to 8 points.

Edited by Carambau

-spacer.png

Running Out Of Steam

RESULTS

spacer.png

We are yet to lose a game in the league despite our declining form. The second part of the month saw us draw & lose finally. After we lost at home to BVB, we were not able to earn a win again. PSV jinxed us out of the KNVB Beker as well and we could not even win at home to Sparta! I hope our dip of form will be countered by the winter break.

spacer.png

Dortmund win the group.

spacer.png

We will play Atletico Madrid in the first knockout round. Not something you look forward to.

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

7 points still, but they got a game in hand.

Edited by Carambau

-spacer.png

Happy New Year

RESULTS

spacer.png

Finally back to our winning ways! It was about time. Then again ADO and Heracles were neither tough opposition nor hard to beat. Come February and better opponents to really test us.

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

And it´s only 4 points now.

TRANSFER NEWS

spacer.png

The Chinese came over and asked us for almost every player of our team. We sold 2 players and only because the money was right. Bit sad to see Arps partner Skoglund go, but he wanted a new challenge anyway and 13.5M for him are quite something. Fernandez never settled and we are happy to get that much money for him. But of course we needed a replacement for Skoglund now...

spacer.png

...And in came veteran striker Borja Mayoral from Bologna for 650K. The 33 year old former Spain international offers a lot of experience and still makes a good target man. He only gets a 1 year contract.

spacer.png

We sign 2 more players, a  talented left defender (Poepon) and a talented striker (Tae-Hyun) but those get loaned out immediately to get some match practice to further their development.

Edited by Carambau

-spacer.png

Implosion

RESULTS

spacer.png

We implode. Now it comes to haunt us that our team consists only of 20 players. First, we lost away against Ajax which can of course happen. Then, after defeating a harmless Vitesse team, we had to play without a left defender by trade, because Mohammad and Luiz were both injured and got hammered by AZ. Then the thugs of Atletico came to visit and exploited the open spaces in our very attacking tactic. We are out of Europe thats for sure. Looks like the downward spiral has begun as Song, Rambert and still Luiz are out injured now.  Without Arp we would be nowhere. I have come to a decision. But I won´t tell until the time is right.

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

PSV are relentless and they have overtaken us now.

Edited by Carambau

25 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

That is why I rotate and keep my team at about 27-28 players even if we are inconsistent. Injuries.....

Well it worked nicely in the past, but I guess I had it coming some day...

-spacer.png

Full Throttle

RESULTS

spacer.png

This looks better. If there wasn´t the last game. We really should have scored at least 3 goals against Heerenveen but their keeper was unbeatable. Days like this, I know. We predictably go out against superior Atletico but it´s fine to see Arp picking up his high scoring average again.

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

5 games to go and only one point separates us.

Edited by Carambau

-spacer.png

Pacing On

RESULTS

spacer.png

Thats what we needed. 3 convincing wins to keep the pressure on PSV and eventually they slipped up. Now on for 2 more games!

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

Back on top. 2 points, 2 games.

NEWS

spacer.png

An underwhelming Youth Intake again.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

Season Summary

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Milovanovic and Arp did play every game of the season, thats also an achievement! Scoring 44 goals in as many games is, too. Gabrijelic finally won his first caps for Croatia, Rambert declared himself eligible to play for Holland and Arp still has not been invited to the national team of Germany. All in all, another great season for PEC Zwolle!

More important news to follow soon.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

End Of The Road

spacer.png

This is it. After spending 12 seasons at PEC Zwolle the time has finally come to say goodbye. I had a fantastic time here and made experiences most can only dream of in football. But now is not the time to be sad or melancholic, it is time to take a look at what we have achieved in the last 12 seasons:

• We won the Eredivisie 5 times
  • We won the KNVB Beker 2 times
  • Fiete Arp won the Top Scorer award times
  • We made it to the Europa League final but lost to Chelsea

A look at the club in general and how much the setup has improved during that time:

spacer.png

The club records page:

spacer.png

The finances:

spacer.png

What else is there to say? After spending the last decade in europe, I think the time has come to set the sights to a different continent: Australia. I will be applying for a club in the A-League.

What happens there will be depicted here in this thread, the name of the thread will be changed a little for that reason. And I will always have a look at what happens at PEC Zwolle.

spacer.png

So, see you in Australia soon!

• Carambau changed the title to [FM21] Down Underdogs In Brisbane ... formerly known as Underdog Football In Holland

spacer.png

A New Beginning

spacer.png

Here we are in Australia. I jumped at the chance to become Brisbane Roar manager and accepted the 3 year contract they offered me. Season starts in December. It is a lot of time until then as it is the end of July right now so enough opportunities to look at the squad, evaluate it and find out which players we need to bring in to make this a success story here.

Edited by Carambau

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/04/2021 at 12:09, SixPointer said:

Catching up. Incredible work at zwolle and now onto a very different challenge. Not somewhere I’ve ever had the slightest hint to try. So intrigued to see how it plays out 

It was a surprising move I admit, but somehow I got a sudden urge to manage in Australia after seeing some A-League highlights on TV while playing my Zwolle save... :) 

On 17/04/2021 at 13:54, deltablue said:

Interesting move ;)

It definitely is and I already fear those registration rules and wage caps.... :(

spacer.png

Where Women Glow And Men Plunder

Transfers

spacer.png

Star Signing is of course 43 time German international Nadiem Amiri. He comes for free after his contract at Brondby ran out. Lane, van der Saag and Subaric are veterans for our weak looking defence. Omar (I won´t write his last name here because I know I would **** up doing that) shall provide a good partner for Amiri in midfield.

spacer.png

So many released players! And why? Just because of the wage cap! We had to let them go, although most of that was unintentionally - just by not registering them for the season... I didnt know that before... the next day they were gone. Luckily they were not that good anyway so the loss is not that bad and we had room on the wage cap to bring in the players we needed.

Goalkeepers

spacer.png

Celebrate Youth! Two 16 year olds as backup for our 21 year old in goal. Now thats what I call promoting talent. Johnson has already been capped at U20 level too.

Defenders

spacer.png

Again, a lot of youth here. A couple of veterans thrown in for stability and experience. This should result in a good mix. The veterans are tasked to lead this bunch.

Midfielders

spacer.png

Of course, Nadiem Amiri is our best player here. The star signing should be a good schemer in central midfield despite his age. And the youngsters around him should watch and learn.

Attackers

spacer.png

Oliver Ross looks like the leading man here. But the thing is, when the season begins, he will be away with the Australian U23 team at the U23 Asian cup and can then only be registered again at the beginning of MARCH. Damn how I hate those weird registration rules here!

Key Player

spacer.png

Our star player. His Vision (16) and Passing (15) are unmatched in our team (and in the whole league I would say).

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

He Was Six Foot Four And Full Of Muscle

RESULTS

spacer.png

A good start to our season, I would say. Despite the 2 defeats, but you can´t win every game.

A-LEAGUE

spacer.png

We top the table although Melbourne got a game in hand.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

Can't You Hear, Can't You Hear The Thunder?

RESULTS

spacer.png

It is obvious that we are struggling a bit at the moment. Good showings are followed by bad showings and vice versa. We need to become more consistent.

spacer.png

In the ACL it is looking good at the moment.

A-LEAGUE

spacer.png

We remain in 3rd place but man are we lucky that the other teams are too stupid to catch up.

NEWS

spacer.png

Man, this is a nice feature! I never had that come up in any of my saves before. He is one of our best players too.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

You Better Run, You Better Take Cover

RESULTS

spacer.png

A great month! We finally find our form again. 3-3 seems our favorite result somehow... Important wins in the ACL give us an advantage before the last group game.

spacer.png

A draw at Suwon Bluewings in the last group game would see us through.

A-LEAGUE

spacer.png

Getting closer but they still have 2 games in hand.

Edited by Carambau

1 hour ago, Sheriff7 said:

Some Greek-Australians in your squad at least that's what can i see from their names.Australian national team job could be a very interesting experience too.

Yep, there are some Greek-Australians here, but I guess thats not unusual given Australias history of settlers :)

I normally dont like national manager jobs but maybe when there is a chance I will take a look...

spacer.png

He Just Smiled And Gave Me A Vegemite Sandwich

RESULTS

spacer.png

We are happy the season is over... oh wait! No, we still had to play Wellington Phoenix in the so-called "Elimination Final", whatever that is.

spacer.png

Please end the season finally!

spacer.png

Thank You.

AFC CUP

spacer.png

We somehow qualified despite losing against Suwon. Nevermind - we went out straight in the next round against Bejing Guoan, losing heavily and the fans were not happy:

spacer.png

Good for them. That´ll teach them hopefully.

A-LEAGUE

spacer.png

3rd is a good finish for us in the end.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

Season Summary

spacer.png

Well... Oliver Ross was great and Amiri made the most assists. And he is going to retire after this season. 

spacer.png

Good Bye and thanks for at least one season.

What About Zwolle?

Spoiler

Filippo Inzaghi is my successor there and he worked wonders.

spacer.png

He first won the league once more...

spacer.png

...and then won the KNVB Beker to make it a domestic double! Well done! But I have to critisize his treatment of Zwolle Club Icon Fiete Arp: Arp only made 10 games (3 goals) this season and was sold to Genua for 4.6M afterwards. I was also amazed to see Aaron Rabe (who I brought in for 4.5M) being sold to AEK for 35M

Edited by Carambau

Man this save in Australia is boring and confusing with its registration rules... I shall give it one more season to maybe win some kind of silverware here (there is a cup competition also I just found out, right before the season starts) and then return to areas that I am familiar with :) I really thought this would be something different (which it is in its own, confusing and enraging way) but this is not my cup of tea really.

Edited by Carambau

53 minutes ago, Carambau said:

Man this save in Australia is boring and confusing with its registration rules... I shall give it one more season to maybe win some kind of silverware here (there is a cup competition also I just found out, right before the season starts) and then return to areas that I am familiar with :) I really thought this would be something different (which it is in its own, confusing and enraging way) but this is not my cup of tea really.

I hear you about confusing rules.....I usually play at least one MLS save year and usually have a sojourn there during a Journeyman save. (I'm American and can't understand half the roster rules) Just think that is probably what the "European SuperLeague would have turned into with the UEFA and FIFA sanctions.

22 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

I hear you about confusing rules.....I usually play at least one MLS save year and usually have a sojourn there during a Journeyman save. (I'm American and can't understand half the roster rules) Just think that is probably what the "European SuperLeague would have turned into with the UEFA and FIFA sanctions.

Yeah, and that wouldve been a nightmare for everyone involved (excluding the money-counters...) :D

spacer.png

Hey Now Hey Now - Don´t Dream It´s Over

spacer.png

We win the FFA Cup before the season starts. We mostly played lower league amateur teams to reach the final and there we were just lucky. Alas, at least a title down under.

A-LEAGUE

spacer.png

After 18 games we cement our 8th place. I have had enough.

spacer.png

It is the beginning of April 2033 and I have begun a search for a new job. There are jobs available at SM CaenOlympique Marseille, FC EmmenRB Leipzig and Celta Vigo.

• Carambau changed the title to [FM21] En Vogue In Vigo fka Down Underdogs In Brisbane fka Underdog Football In Holland
21 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

Hurrah, I am only a season behind you.....maybe Gerard will jump ship.....even if I said it was a one club save.....

I also have a side save with my local team and ME in June 2021!

A one club save was my plan at the beginning as well, but you know... things can change :)

Let´s make yourself topscorer in that local team save :thup:

1 hour ago, Carambau said:

A one club save was my plan at the beginning as well, but you know... things can change :)

Let´s make yourself topscorer in that local team save :thup:

I'm the Manager....I kicked a legend into the GM role.....and gave him all the responsibilities as well.