[FM21] Makeover In Hanover (fka En Vogue In Vigo)

Carambau

spacer.png

Hannover Hang On

RESULTS

spacer.png

Strong results in the remaining two games bring a wonderful second half of the season to an end.

spacer.png

Our striker wins the golden boot.

BUNDESLIGA

spacer.png

From 16th last season to 6th this year. Some progress, that.

NEWS

spacer.png

We good a nice bunch of youngsters there. They finished 4th in their league and won the cup.

Edited by Carambau

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

spacer.png

(Half-)Season Summary

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Ok, it was only half a season but still. Güler was essential, but thats obvious. Ramirez turned out to be our leader from the back. Okoye was vital in many games. It is a pity that Thiam will leave after this season, there was no way to loan him out again. And of course Ismail Kaya! What a season for him and us!

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

Transfers & Our New Team

spacer.png

Selling Okoye hurt us, but he wanted to move to a bigger club. Ben Johnson was fast, but not fast enough for us. Heinze had a release clause. Bautz & Amend are incredible talented youngsters who needed game time.

spacer.png

We spend a lot of money but it was necessary.

Jürgen Eschweiler

spacer.png

Strong, physical Box-to-Box midfielder. The 23 year old was capped 10 times for the German U21.

Marco Capellino

spacer.png

25 year old Uruguayan international, who should go right into the 1st team in central defense alongside Ramirez.

Matty Potts

spacer.png

Welsh Left Back, 23 years old, 9 caps.

Rimmel Rennie

spacer.png

One of the funniest names in the game, but the English U20 player also seems to be a capable left winger.

Pablo Marquez

spacer.png

Long-term replacement for Kaya. 20 year old Argentinian striker with bags of potential.

Juan Videla

spacer.png

Another young Argentinian (21). He is planned as a backup central defender, but he is almost too good to be just that.

Karl Traub

spacer.png

Solid defender. The German (27) is our swiss army knife in defence, he can play every position there.

The Team

Goalkeepers

spacer.png

There is no competition for the number one. Yet.

Defenders

spacer.png

Finally we got a good central defender pair! To be honest, all 3 could play there, as Videla turned out better than expected.  Also can´t wait to see how Traub and Potts do on the pitch for us.

Midfielders

spacer.png

Rimmel Rennie! ´Nuff said!

Attackers

spacer.png

Both strikers could pose a thread to any defense. Achatz is also there.

Key Player

Ismail Kaya

No doubt about that. Hope he stays, as he is making noises again about leaving for a bigger club...

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

Slow Start

RESULTS

spacer.png

This is fine. We were damn lucky in the cup but then a strong game against RBL followed which gave us confidence to beat St. Pauli comfortably one week later. Looks like were on the right track now.

spacer.png

Our Europa League group looks not too easy.

BUNDESLIGA

spacer.png

Surprise: Who tops the table again?

spacer.png

:mad:

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

Stay At Home

RESULTS

spacer.png

Take a deep breath. We had no chance in our away games and lost deservedly. At least we recorded a nice win against Dortmund, we somehow seem to be their bogey team. I guess, Liege will finish last in our EL group.

BUNDESLIGA

spacer.png

Midtable madness.

Edited by Carambau

4 hours ago, Carambau said:

In 29/30 when RBL won it. Before that it was 1x Hertha and the rest was all Bayern as well... :rolleyes:

it’s crazy how dominant they are. Being from Scotland we just had Celtics crazy dominance in which rangers broke. But it’s definitely a two team division so I can feel the pain of other fans in Germany being in a one team division 

spacer.png

Some Many Games

RESULTS

spacer.png

Well we do not fear Bayern Munich at all! We beat them again. This was a relatively good month resultswise. Two draws in the Europa League however didnt satisfy me.

EUROPA LEAGUE

spacer.png

BUNDESLIGA

spacer.png

9 games, 14 points.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

Dutch Defeat

RESULTS

spacer.png

A fantastic month if there wasnt the loss against Ajax which lets us drop to 3rd in our Europa League group. In the league we found friction again and move up.

EUROPA LEAGUE

spacer.png

This doesnt look good at all.

BUNDESLIGA

spacer.png

We are back in the top 4!

spacer.png

Bye Bye Europe

RESULTS

spacer.png

Two losses this month! We even lose to Union Berlin! Ok, we also win 3. But we are out of the Europa League after losing to FC Porto AT HOME!!

EUROPA LEAGUE

spacer.png

We were just not good enough to compete in europe.

BUNDESLIGA

spacer.png

We somehow manage to remain on 4th.

Edited by Carambau

37 minutes ago, Carambau said:

spacer.png

Bye Bye Europe

RESULTS

spacer.png

Two losses this month! We even lose to Union Berlin! Ok, we also win 3. But we are out of the Europa League after losing to FC Porto AT HOME!!

EUROPA LEAGUE

spacer.png

We were just not good enough to compete in europe.

BUNDESLIGA

spacer.png

We somehow manage to remain on 4th.

come on dude you can do it and you can break bayern domiance in bundesliga come on man

3 minutes ago, john1 said:

So unlucky to crash out in Europa League :(  Good to see you are still doing well in the league :thup:

Yeah but I think playing in europe came too early for this team anyway so its not that bad... :) 

18 minutes ago, HugoLazgo12 said:

come on dude you can do it and you can break bayern domiance in bundesliga come on man

don´t expect miracles to happen in 1 season here ;) 

Oops! Looks like we are STILL in europe! Somehow we now play in the Europa Conference League and face FK Sarajevo in the knockout rounds in February! Don´t know how that happened but if thats in the rules I am ok with it :) 

Edited by Carambau

27 minutes ago, Carambau said:

Oops! Looks like we are STILL in europe! Somehow we now play in the Europa Conference League and face FK Sarajevo in the knockout rounds in February! Don´t know how that happened but if thats in the rules I am ok with it :) 

you going to play an bosnian team in Conference league and how Sarajevo did qualify from knockout round and this team will become first bosnian team to qualify knockout round in European competions

50 minutes ago, HugoLazgo12 said:

you going to play an bosnian team in Conference league and how Sarajevo did qualify from knockout round and this team will become first bosnian team to qualify knockout round in European competions

We will see...

spacer.png

Happy New Year

RESULTS

spacer.png

2 wins : One against a very good team and one against a very weak team. Perfect record to start the new year.

BUNDESLIGA

spacer.png

Closing in on the top teams.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

Hello Again Europe!

RESULTS

spacer.png

A lot of draws in February. And only one win in the league. Hertha knocks us out of the DFB Pokal as we fail to defeat them TWICE this month. But we are suddenly back in Europe! And what a comeback that is - we trash poor underdogs Sarajevo 6-1 but they manage to grab a credible draw in the 2nd leg. Hats off to them! Next we will face Olympiakos.

BUNDESLIGA

spacer.png

Bayern & RBL pull away as we fail to keep up.

Edited by Carambau

4 hours ago, Carambau said:

spacer.png

Hello Again Europe!

RESULTS

spacer.png

A lot of draws in February. And only one win in the league. Hertha knocks us out of the DFB Pokal as we fail to defeat them TWICE this month. But we are suddenly back in Europe! And what a comeback that is - we trash poor underdogs Sarajevo 6-1 but they manage to grab a credible draw in the 2nd leg. Hats off to them! Next we will face Olympiakos.

BUNDESLIGA

spacer.png

Bayern & RBL pull away as we fail to keep up.

Fine Margins killed your month. I don’t know who dominated the games but the two draws make all the difference to you still being right in the mix. Though I wouldn’t rule you out yet! 

5 hours ago, SixPointer said:

Fine Margins killed your month. I don’t know who dominated the games but the two draws make all the difference to you still being right in the mix. Though I wouldn’t rule you out yet! 

Exactly! We just couldnt manage to score against Leverkusen and Hertha although we were dominating those games. I don´t know, sometimes I really hate the game :) 

spacer.png

Running Out Of Steam

RESULTS

spacer.png

We are exhausted. The team is small and now this finally shows. Even Bayern beat us :D On a positive note - we continue our run in europe. But thats the only positive thing.

BUNDESLIGA

spacer.png

RBL look like they could snatch the title this season. 

YOUTH INTAKE

spacer.png

Now that´s more like it! Finally a Vigo-esque Intake!

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

Old Friends

RESULTS

spacer.png

One word to describe this months results: Tight. But, tight as the 2 legs were, we were able to overcome BMG and reach the semi finals of the ECL, where we face Fiorentina. Checking the other semi final, I realized the final could lead to a meeting with my old love!

spacer.png

That would be some final! (If we both make it there, that is...)

BUNDESLIGA

spacer.png

Of course Bayern are top again.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

A Dreams Comes True

RESULTS

spacer.png

Yes! Finally we find our form again and deliver some important and crucial wins. Fiorentina wasnt a hard opponent at all, against my expectations and we made it to the Europa Conference League Final! And we meet my old club PEC Zwolle there! What a great final is that? 

spacer.png

This final is worth a post on its own!

BUNDESLIGA

spacer.png

Phew! We are level on points with Leverkusen but we got one more goal in goal difference. Say Hi to the Champions League!

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

The Promised Lands Reloaded

spacer.png

THE FINAL

spacer.png

We won it. But it was some hard work. Only one player from the team that I left in 2031 was still there: Ritchie Geurtsen, the central midfielder I bought from Heerenveen for 12.5M back then. He is 35 now and still playing a vital role there. But even he could not prevent his team from defeat. We took a very aggressive approach to the game which resulted in a lot of bookings and a red card for Benjamin Muller shortly after the break. I feared Zwolle would come all over us then but they did not. They had some shots on our goal but most of them were from distance and did not even bother us. So, with 10 men we managed to break away once and Marquez scored our winner after a nice individual dribbling effort. We continued to defend with passion and then the whistle was blown and we had won the ECL!

spacer.png

3 hours ago, deltablue said:

Well done on the Conference League. I know people seem to be dismissing it as a competition but it's still something and you seem excited enough about winning.

Yeah i never dismissed this competition like it seems en vogue atm. Its some nice silverware to have in your cupboard :) 

spacer.png

Season Summary

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Güler is the number one of the German national team, and it of course also showed in this season when he made the difference in a lot of our games. Ramirez is slowly declining, I am thinking about selling him. New Signing Eschweiler made the most games, mostly because of his versatility but also just because he is good. New striker Marquez did what we bought him for and Kaya again was our best player. Youngster Fitz is showing good progress in his development. He already got capped for the German U21. Same goes for Marinkovic who is already one level ahead in his progression.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

Transfers & Our New Team

spacer.png

There he goes... We had to sell our best player Kaya, as he was already on the verge of poisoning the dressing room if he wasnt allowed to move. Good bye then. 

spacer.png

83M! But finally I got the player I was pursuing for some years now: Playmaker Ermin Cetic. I spotted him back when we played Red Star with Celta Vigo in the EL. Then I tried to sign him but we didnt have the money they wanted. Then he moved to China. I searched his name and found that he got a release clause of 31.5M. He wanted that we bring a companion to help him settle so we signed Karalic but he goes straight to the B team. In the end it worked. Tobias Orlov is a German rising U21 star so we snapped him up from 2nd division Osnabruck. Godfrey joins from Newcastle as we desperately needed a right winger after Kaya left. Farkas is a new striker and Buchner is an aging (33) former German international whose contract was running out and we said why not?

Nils Buchner

spacer.png

89 caps for Germany. The veteran central midfielder joins for 1 season.

Tobias Orlov

spacer.png

20 year old German U21 player. A pacey left winger.

Ermin Cetic

spacer.png

The 22 year old Bosnian has it all: Passing (18), First Touch (16), Decisions (17), Vision (17), Anticipation (17), Pace (16). What more do you need in a playmaker?

Leon Godfrey

spacer.png

5 caps for England. The 25 year old should help us on the right wing.

Robert Farkas

spacer.png

22 year old Serbian striker who could give Marquez some competition.

The Team

Goalkeepers

spacer.png

There is still no competition for the number one.

Defenders

spacer.png

No changes in defense. 

Midfielders

spacer.png

I hope the new playmaker will settle in quickly. Same goes for the other new signings, especially the wingers.

Attackers

spacer.png

Farkas is listed in the midfield section, but he and Marquez will battle it out in attack.

Key Player

Ayhan Güler

Our keeper leads from the back.

spacer.png

Another Season Begins

RESULTS

spacer.png

A flawless start to the season. Of these games, the match against lowly Magdeburg was the hardest one. They gave it all and we had to fight hard to secure the next round.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE DRAW

spacer.png

Could have been easier.

BUNDESLIGA

spacer.png

3 games, 9 points. But we are not alone.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

Almost A Winning Streak

RESULTS

spacer.png

We lose against Bayern for a change. But afterwards we beat Lyon in the Champions League! And Bremen! And Stu... oh ok.

BUNDESLIGA

spacer.png

Gladbach on top with our player Kaya leading the goalscorer chart.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

Win, Draw, Lose

RESULTS

spacer.png

Damn! I would have liked to beat Real Madrid at home but it wasnt to be! Talking about home games... Schalke somehow slaughtered us despite us dominating. I guess they really trained to counter attack...

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE 

spacer.png

Level 3.

BUNDESLIGA

spacer.png

Gladbach fall down.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

Qualified!

RESULTS

spacer.png

If you exclude the game against Wolfsburg this was a great month for us. The draw in Lyon secures qualification from our group.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE 

spacer.png

We qualify with one game to spare.

BUNDESLIGA

spacer.png

Bayern and Dortmund go head to head.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

Goals Galore

RESULTS

spacer.png

That game in Madrid! I set us to "Very Attacking" from the beginning as we had nothing to lose anyway and what happened then can only be described as "epic". We lost in the end but it was definitely worth it! 

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE 

spacer.png

OF COURSE they leapfrog us after the last game.

spacer.png

Why does it always rain on me?

BUNDESLIGA

spacer.png

Bayern and Dortmund ... but then it is us.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

New Year, New Hope

RESULTS

spacer.png

A good start into the new year sees us collect 4 points in 2 games. That draw in Leverkusen was important.

BUNDESLIGA

spacer.png

Bayern seem to have broken free again.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

Bogey For Bayern

RESULTS

spacer.png

It is soo nice when you beat Bayern! I know it won´t change much of the outcome of the championship but still... Great month despite the last 2 games. I at least wanted a draw against Barcelona but it wasnt to be.

BUNDESLIGA

spacer.png

Our win against Bayern didnt change anything at all.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

Mad In March

RESULTS

spacer.png

A rollercoaster of results. All in all not our best month in history. We go out both in the DFB Pokal and in the Champions League. The season seems pretty much over by now.

BUNDESLIGA

spacer.png

I guess the top 3 are secure.

YOUTH INTAKE

spacer.png

The next Lewandowski?

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

Season Summary

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Cetic seems like a disappointment but he really wasn´t. He initiated most of our attacks and carried our offensive game most of the time. He will get better next season I am sure. Farkas was the best signing this season - 29 goals speak for themselves, even more than Marquez who played alongside him in our 2 striker tactic. Youngster Fitz continues his fast development with a nice goals and assists count, while our other youngster Marinkovic played himself into our first eleven with great performances in central midfield. Godfrey proved to be the right winger we were looking for and he delivered nicely too. Some players, like Potts and maybe Brand will have to leave though.

54 minutes ago, Carambau said:

spacer.png

Season Summary

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Cetic seems like a disappointment but he really wasn´t. He initiated most of our attacks and carried our offensive game most of the time. He will get better next season I am sure. Farkas was the best signing this season - 29 goals speak for themselves, even more than Marquez who played alongside him in our 2 striker tactic. Youngster Fitz continues his fast development with a nice goals and assists count, while our other youngster Marinkovic played himself into our first eleven with great performances in central midfield. Godfrey proved to be the right winger we were looking for and he delivered nicely too. Some players, like Potts and maybe Brand will have to leave though.

shame that you never overtake Bayern just to win the title and once again bundesliga is been dominaced by bayern munich